• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving the Sling Rings a tier is kinda wack seeing as they deal damage through space manipulation

The first one is only a frontal view of Asgard, no?
Rear view actually, as the concept art puts it on the far rear, but it's not on the width, the Palace is lined parallel to the length. So the movie version is also a full view.

Also the concept art doesn't show the bottom cone thingy in full clarity so there's that too.

Rear view actually, as the concept art puts it on the far rear, but it's not on the width, the Palace is lined parallel to the length. So the movie version is also a full view.
...I'm confused 💀 I thought the palace was at the front of Asgard and when the ship arrived, they basically arrived at the rainbow bridge area and the front of the palace
Also the concept art doesn't show the bottom cone thingy in full clarity so there's that too.
That's true

Last edited:
Sorcerer Supreme Strange's feats in What If were used because he was identical to his canonical self
I mean you could say the same of Thanos, Cull, the Avengers in the Yellowjacket episode or any number of characters who appear. It's still picking and choosing what to use for the sake of feats

I mean you could say the same of Thanos, Cull, the Avengers in the Yellowjacket episode or any number of characters who appear. It's still picking and choosing what to use for the sake of feats
Avengers in the Yellowjacket episode got killed in ways that weren't contradictory so I don't see why they're an example

The only blatantly stupid discrepancy is Hulk being impenetrable to zombies yet Thanos of all people got infected

The only blatantly stupid discrepancy is Hulk being impenetrable to zombies yet Thanos of all people got infected
No it isn't, Cull fighting Thanos the way he does makes no sense and that's just from the top of my head. We need to make a decision to either take What If? as seriously applicable to the main canon or not. We can't just pick and choose scaling the way we do rn

No it isn't, Cull fighting Thanos the way he does makes no sense and that's just from the top of my head. We need to make a decision to either take What If? as seriously applicable to the main canon or not. We can't just pick and choose scaling the way we do rn
Thanos getting overpowered by Proxima Midnight, the same person who was defeated by Okoye, beating up Thanos was pure PIS

Agreed. It's a rather slippery slope. I generally think that the What If... should be used for scaling and that variants should be comparable to each other, though there should be some exceptions, because some of the episodes just have PIS when it comes to the power of some characters.

Agreed. It's a rather slippery slope. I generally think that the What If... should be used for scaling and that variants should be comparable to each other, though there should be some exceptions, because some of the episodes just have PIS when it comes to the power of some characters.
I agree

I mean, it isn't just What If... that there exist variants who scale to each other. Multiverse of Madness is another example of variants of the main characters being introduced where the scaling generally makes sense. When the Illuminati fought Scarlet Witch, she easily killed the weaker members such as Mister Fantastic and Captain Carter, but against Captain Marvel, she put up much more of a struggle and forced Wanda to get serious. Wanda also easily overpowered a variant of herself who hadn't awakened the same Chaos Magic as she had, which fits into the powerscaling. My point is that while some episodes may have stupid reasoning, like Proxima being able to overpower Thanos, from what's been seen in the What If...? series so far, I think it's generally consistent, and it wouldn't make sense for each of the variants to have drastically different power levels.

Wasn't Ravager Thanos also basically a pacifist farmer that gave up his violent and bloodlusted self for quite some time? I don't see him being as strong as his Sacred Timeline or 2014 selves

I mean, it isn't just What If... that there exist variants who scale to each other. Multiverse of Madness is another example of variants of the main characters being introduced where the scaling generally makes sense. When the Illuminati fought Scarlet Witch, she easily killed the weaker members such as Mister Fantastic and Captain Carter, but against Captain Marvel, she put up much more of a struggle and forced Wanda to get serious. Wanda also easily overpowered a variant of herself who hadn't awakened the same Chaos Magic as she had, which fits into the powerscaling. My point is that while some episodes may have stupid reasoning, like Proxima being able to overpower Thanos, from what's been seen in the What If...? series so far, I think it's generally consistent, and it wouldn't make sense for each of the variants to have drastically different power levels.
I mean the issue is that Captain Marvel in MoM has literally no other scaling then to Wanda and all we know is that the Wanda from MoM is sub Scarlet Witch (Which in fairness half the verse is). That's a very different premise then scaling Variants to one another because "oh they're the same character" and I'm not entirely sure if that's the best approach

He's still a millennia old guy with the same training and almost the same experience to back so he should be just as strong
He stepped down from being a warlord and did nothing but garden. I don't see how doing that would keep him as tough as his more violent selves, who slaughter planets on a regular basis.

Besides, Ravager Thanos stopped being a warlord before the main events of the Ravager T'Challa episode, which happened in around 2008, which itself was earlier than the times where we see the main MCU Thanos and his 2014 time traveller self

He stepped down from being a warlord and did nothing but garden. I don't see how doing that would keep him as tough as his more violent selves, who slaughter planets on a regular basis.

Besides, Ravager Thanos stopped being a warlord before the main events of the Ravager T'Challa episode, which happened in around 2008, which itself was earlier than the times where we see the main MCU Thanos and his 2014 time traveller self
That just makes him rusty, I don't see why it would make him physically weaker

Realistically that's still not going to explain his physical strength weakening. Skill? Sure. But his physical strength has no reason to decrease to such a massive extent. Going by the Captain Marvel scaling from the Ultron episode a Prime Thanos should at least backscale from roughly 14-20 Teratons of TNT equivalent, his performance against Cull implies a 10X loss of power if we assume Cull stays within the Large Island category (which he prolly should imo, only real scaling above this is his fight against Iron Man who is clearly sub Thanos somewhat). I can buy Thanos not being as dangerous as he once was thanks to a lack of training and loss of killer instinct but it's still quite a stretch

Realistically that's still not going to explain his physical strength weakening. Skill? Sure. But his physical strength has no reason to decrease to such a massive extent. Going by the Captain Marvel scaling from the Ultron episode a Prime Thanos should at least backscale from roughly 14-20 Teratons of TNT equivalent, his performance against Cull implies a 10X loss of power if we assume Cull stays within the Large Island category (which he prolly should imo, only real scaling above this is his fight against Iron Man who is clearly sub Thanos somewhat). I can buy Thanos not being as dangerous as he once was thanks to a lack of training and loss of killer instinct but it's still quite a stretch
To be fair, I don't blame the writers for not being able to precisely consider the yields of the feats they animate. Captain Marvel's feat just yields a value they had no reason to think would be that absurdly high

But they were stupid with the scaling itself anyway because Thanos should've kicked Cull and Proxima's shit in

Realistically that's still not going to explain his physical strength weakening.
this isn't realistic it's a fictional universe
Skill? Sure. But his physical strength has no reason to decrease to such a massive extent. Going by the Captain Marvel scaling from the Ultron episode a Prime Thanos should at least backscale from roughly 14-20 Teratons of TNT equivalent, his performance against Cull implies a 10X loss of power if we assume Cull stays within the Large Island category (which he prolly should imo, only real scaling above this is his fight against Iron Man who is clearly sub Thanos somewhat).
Cull will still end up somewhat scaling to Thanos since Iron Man could still take hits from and somewhat harm Thanos even if he is weaker, and Cull could clash against and begin to overpower Tony

To be fair, I don't blame the writers for not being able to find the yields of the feats they animate so the Captain Marvel feat just yields a value they had no reason to think would be that absurdly high
This is partly my whole issue with the elseworld scaling. We're talking about not only attempting to keep consistent about 15 years worth of content including about 35 movies, about 9 or 10 series via television or streaming, several comic books, a handful of guidebooks and god knows what other tie in media exist and then working in tons of alternate continuities via What If?, Marvel Zombies, a possible Captain Carter series and god knows what else is out there exploring the multiverse. It's unnecessarily making the task difficult and I doubt the creators of these works are even going to try being consistent with the power scaling of characters from alternate continuities.

this isn't realistic it's a fictional universe
Cull will still end up somewhat scaling to Thanos since Iron Man could still take hits from and somewhat harm Thanos even if he is weaker, and Cull could clash against and begin to overpower Tony
1) SMH I know 2) I'd suggest that Tony should backscale tbh, he's able to harm Thanos but it takes absolutely everything he has to even draw blood with Thanos eventually ripping apart the armour without much issue. So Large Island - Large Island+ but I think we shouldn't put them in the same weight class as the Mad Titan if that makes sense. Mark L Iron Man in Endgame should scale tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back