• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Last edited:
@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Qawsedf234 @Colonel_Krukov @Emirp sumitpo @LordTracer @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Dark-Carioca @Hellbeast I'm torn. Should we go ahead with this or just wait for the inevitable Gorr the God Butcher feats first?

The feat is considerably high for Pre-Awakening Thor-level characters, but this is the same guidebook that calls Mark 46 a noncombatant armor to comply with the Sokovia Accords and its regulations, that and the other 7-A and 6-C feats didn't take that much effort to pull off for the characters. That and Gorr already has a surface-wiping feat in the trailer which easily enters deep into Tier 6 territory which will most definitely make it to the final film so uh...

Last edited:
I think we can discuss this as is here. I'm torn on this, on one hand it is a statement from a canon source but haven't we also ignored canon statements in favor of what the visuals more accurately reflect? Not sure If I have much of a dog in this race

I think we can discuss this as is here. I'm torn on this, on one hand it is a statement from a canon source but haven't we also ignored canon statements in favor of what the visuals more accurately reflect? Not sure If I have much of a dog in this race
Visuals had the 2380 value as well, but all this time we thought it was feet because the unit of measurement wasn't clearly visible on Iron Man's visor most likely.

The previous 7-A calc also uses the 2380 value but at the time we thought it was feet because Tony lives in America, but the visuals were blurry as ****, now we finally get more context from the source.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Qawsedf234 @Colonel_Krukov @Emirp sumitpo @LordTracer @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Hellbeast I'm torn. Should we go ahead with this or just wait for the inevitable Gorr the God Butcher feats first?

The feat is considerably high for Pre-Awakening Thor-level characters, but this is the same guidebook that calls Mark 46 a noncombatant armor to comply with the Sokovia Accords and its regulations, that and the other 7-A and 6-C feats didn't take that much effort to pull off for the characters. That and Gorr already has a surface-wiping feat which easily enters deep into Tier 6 territory so uh...
Not among the people asked but Love & Thunder is out very soon so we should wait to make any major edit I think but we can still (and we should) discuss it

Okay so there is also a 6410 ft value for Sokovia in the visors but there's a big problem with this.

IT DOES NOT SHOW THE FULL DIAMETER OF SOKOVIA. And the number value itself (not the unit of length) is just 20 shy of 6430. It also says area scan so uh...

Visuals had the 2380 value as well, but all this time we thought it was feet because the unit of measurement wasn't clearly visible on Iron Man's visor most likely.

The previous 7-A calc also uses the 2380 value but at the time we thought it was feet because Tony lives in America, but the visuals were blurry as ****, now we finally get more context from the source.
Hmm that makes sense. How would consistency work tho? Aren't the feats we have for Phase 1 far more consistently Mountain or so?

Not among the people asked but Love & Thunder is out very soon so we should wait to make any major edit I think but we can still (and we should) discuss it
TBH Love and Thunder isn't really applicable here, the version of Thor this mostly affects is long gone by Phase 3 and at most it'd just upscale. Love and Thunder also seems to be adding a lot of big feats too

Hmm that makes sense. How would consistency work tho? Aren't the feats we have for Phase 1 far more consistently Mountain or so?
The Mountain level feats are utterly casual for Thor but the Storm feats are currently unscaleable to physicals due to a lack of a shared power source or some bullshit.

Gorr's feat is easy deep Tier 6 using Pluto size and normal ground-based boom.

TBH Love and Thunder isn't really applicable here, the version of Thor this mostly affects is long gone by Phase 3 and at most it'd just upscale. Love and Thunder also seems to be adding a lot of big feats too
I'd say Love and Thunder would act as support. But that also decimates the Surtur death cap which is highly problematic.

Okay so there is also a 6410 ft value for Sokovia in the visors but there's a big problem with this.

IT DOES NOT SHOW THE FULL DIAMETER OF SOKOVIA. And the number value itself (not the unit of length) is just 20 shy of 6430. It also says area scan so uh...
There's also this issue. The guidebook shows the entire goddamn city with a measurement value IN ******* METRIC, the visor is incomplete and a complete blurry mess.

I'd say Love and Thunder would act as support. But that also decimates the Surtur death cap which is highly problematic.
Yeah going by the 10 times multiplier implied by the Bifrost that means Thor and the Phase 3/4 Top Tiers in general should be Low 6-B (150 times 10 = 1.5 Teratons) which, while consistent with statements about relativity with the Eternals (including Ikaris) still conflicts with anti-feats like the IG's 5 Gigatons (though that is a lowball and you can blame Gamma Radiation for that) and Surtr's High 6-C feat being > everyone including the Low 6-B people

Didn't someone estimate the nuclear missile that was going to destroy New York City in The Avengers would have to be around 6-C? SHIELD didn't seem to think regular nukes would be enough to stop someone like Thor, but it didn't seem like they were able to make any of the Tesseract-powered nukes they were making plans for by the time the Battle of New York took place, so that nuke should have been a regular one unless I'm misremembering something.

If we use the new calc, I wonder what the new value would be for the portion of the explosion Iron Man withstood. We might potentially have to bring back the separate key for the Mark 45 armor depending on what the results are.

Didn't someone estimate the nuclear missile that was going to destroy New York City in The Avengers would have to be around 6-C? SHIELD didn't seem to think regular nukes would be enough to stop someone like Thor, but it didn't seem like they were able to make any of the Tesseract-powered nukes they were making plans for by the time the Battle of New York took place, so that nuke should have been a regular one unless I'm misremembering something.
Yeah, they never made Tesseract-harvested nukes.

If we use the new calc, I wonder what the new value would be for the portion of the explosion Iron Man withstood. We might potentially have to bring back the separate key for the Mark 45 armor depending on what the results are.
Small Town level. 1.25 kilotons after accounting for cross-sectional area and distance from the boom.

Yeah going by the 10 times multiplier implied by the Bifrost that means Thor and the Phase 3/4 Top Tiers in general should be Low 6-B (150 times 10 = 1.5 Teratons) which, while consistent with statements about relativity with the Eternals (including Ikaris) still conflicts with anti-feats like the IG's 5 Gigatons (though that is a lowball and you can blame Gamma Radiation for that) and Surtr's High 6-C feat being > everyone including the Low 6-B people
I never agreed with the Surtur death cap due to his life being tied to asguards destruction, or the downplaying of Thor's neutron star feat. But it looks like love and thunder is finally gonna get the MCU into the high tier 6 range and I'm all for it. It's a good day to be a MCU fan.

I never agreed with the Surtur death cap due to his life being tied to asguards destruction, or the downplaying of Thor's neutron star feat.
Neutron Star has a 50K kelvin value tho, but the first second of Thor getting hit by it is not enough to remotely do any damage to him, it requires a very slow burn of a couple minutes, so that's nothing more than a "not full power" showing of Thor.

But it looks like love and thunder is finally gonna get the MCU into the high tier 6 range and I'm all for it. It's a good day to be a MCU fan.
Well whaddya know. Put Patrick Bateman in as a Godkiller and chaos ensues.

Hmm that's interesting.
Prolly not because it's Gorr that slams the sword into the moon. Maybe he has lightning powers too.
Nah that looks like trailer fuckery, same with the Snyder Cut where the trailer shows Darkseid slamming his pike and then cutting to the Unity in Cyborg's vision
Small Town level. 1.25 kilotons after accounting for cross-sectional area and distance from the boom.
Small Town Iron Man kinda based since he can fight Homelander
Remember party thor vs cm had a 6-B and sub rel feat guys lol
Somehow it's looking a bit idk...consistent👀
Still not big on What If? scaling but ngl it's interesting since didn't we have that High 6-C nuke in the Ultron episode?
It definitely seemed to decimate the surface of the moon he was on though.
True but we'd need more context before using it, it's clearly more a feat for Thor tho

True but we'd need more context before using it, it's clearly more a feat for Thor tho
It's definitely into Tier 6 for sure is what I can say just by looking at it, we just need the size for KE later, which might forego the need of a curvature calc to begin with.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Qawsedf234 @Colonel_Krukov @Emirp sumitpo @LordTracer @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Dark-Carioca @Hellbeast I'm torn. Should we go ahead with this or just wait for the inevitable Gorr the God Butcher feats first?

The feat is considerably high for Pre-Awakening Thor-level characters, but this is the same guidebook that calls Mark 46 a noncombatant armor to comply with the Sokovia Accords and its regulations, that and the other 7-A and 6-C feats didn't take that much effort to pull off for the characters. That and Gorr already has a surface-wiping feat in the trailer which easily enters deep into Tier 6 territory which will most definitely make it to the final film so uh...
While it is pretty stupidly high. I think it's fairly alright to use if the calc is legit and I don't see any true reason not to

And I've said it before, I doubt the Love and Thunder will upgrade any of the pre awakening Thor to awakened Thor level characters. Those will likely end up as their own keys from the looks of the trailers.

I'd say we're most likely wasting time tbh.

Nah its a trailer cut and its definitely a lightning shockwave tho I doubt that's the actual attack since there's a epicenter to it
It's a trailer cut yeah but the scene is almost surely showing Gorr himself and nothing in the next shot suggests otherwise outside of the lightning, like kol said he could very likely have lightning powers or be able to absorb powers from others and then release them from the Necrosword

I don't agree with waiting for Love and Thunder because they're already establishing a clear new realm of power with this movie so anything from the past wouldn't scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back