• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello Everyone!
This is my first MCU CRT, so I hope it goes smoothly. ☺️

This is a pretty simple change, I think.
Basically, my proposal revolves around the Sling Rings. In this interview, the Russo Brothers were asked why Doctor Strange didn't just cut off Thanos' hand with his magic, to which they responded with this:
A: Thanos' skin is almost impenetrable, we don't know whether Doctor Strange had the capability to do it. If he failed to cut it on time, Thanos would still able to do the snap. Doctor Strange realized this issue during his millions of test runs.
This essentially confirms that cutting someone's arm off with a Sling Ring isn't inherently durability negation or some spatial hax. If it were, then things like durability and someone's skin being "almost impenetrable" would be quite irrelevant.

This brings us to everyone's favorite cage fighter, and Beyonce's biggest fan, Wong. Wong, as you all probably know, sliced off Cull Obsidian's arm off using his Sling Ring portal.

This should give Wong "up to 6-C" AP with his strongest magic. I also believe this should scale to Doctor Strange for obvious reasons. This would be a lot more consistent with Strange's performance against Thanos as well. He was arguably the Avenger that gave Thanos the most trouble on the Titan battle.

As a former Sorcerer Supreme, I also feel that the Ancient One should scale to Wong, even if only as a likely/possibly rating.
The same goes for Abomination as of Shang-Chi, since he broke numerous of Wong's shields quite easily. It wouldn't make sense for Wong to make significantly weaker shields than he's able to just to see them broken over and over. However, I can see why this may be somewhat iffy, so I think a "Possibly 6-C" should suffice for Abomination.
Not to state the obvious, but assuming this goes through for Abomination, it would only apply to a new key named either "Post-Incredible Hulk" or "Shang-Chi", or something along those lines. This is because this feat was performed quite literally over a decade after the events of the Incredible Hulk, and Abomination likely got a lot stronger (much like the Hulk himself, and practically all other characters), so no back scaling should occur. Period.

Finally, credit for pretty much all of this goes to @LordTracer, as he came up with essentially everything here.

And that's pretty much it. Hope this goes well XD.

Last edited:
It wouldn't make sense for Wong to make significantly weaker shields than he's able to just to see them broken over and over

Why would his shields scale to the portal?

The magical energy generated by the portals should not scale to the magic generated by the sorcerers, as the portals are created by the Sling Rings, items disconnected to whatever powersource the wizards draw from (Which is not clear either, don't jump into the whole "all attacks should scale to each other because they draw from magic).

Moreover, a small spoiler of Spider-Man: No Way Home that won't ruin anybody's experience of the movie; Ned being able to create a portal via a Sling Ring, without much knowledge, training or power to do so, meaning that the capabilities of the users are almost inconsequential to portals themselves, therefor they can't scale to a sorcerer's "strongest" or "weakest" magic, because anybody can do it and in no point the portal's "power" ever fluctuate based of how much the user is dumping magic into it.

The magical energy generated by the portals should not scale to the magic generated by the sorcerers, as the portals are created by the Sling Rings, items disconnected to whatever powersource the wizards draw from (Which is not clear either, don't jump into the whole "all attacks should scale to each other because they draw from magic).

Moreover, a small spoiler of Spider-Man: No Way Home that won't ruin anybody's experience of the movie; Ned being able to create a portal via a Sling Ring, without much knowledge, training or power to do so, meaning that the capabilities of the users are almost inconsequential to portals themselves, therefor they can't scale to a sorcerer's "strongest" or "weakest" magic, because anybody can do it and in no point the portal's "power" ever fluctuate based of how much the user is dumping magic into it.
In this case then yeah I suppose 6-C with portals or rather sling ring could work

Last edited:
It could work, but it would be extremely odd, and most sorcerers wouldn't take advantage of that, as Wong only did it by chance.
I wouldn't say it was by chance. Looking at the scene where he amputated Cull's arm, the strategy seemed pretty intentional and premeditated to me.
Also, the Russo's comment heavily implies that the strategy is something that Strange is not only aware of, but even considered; however, he abandoned the idea at some point while browsing the possible futures due to its ineffectiveness against Thanos.

I wouldn't say it was by chance. Looking at the scene where he amputated Cull's arm, the strategy seemed pretty intentional and premeditated to me.
Also, the Russo's comment heavily implies that the strategy is something that Strange is not only aware of, but even considered; however, he abandoned the idea at some point while browsing the possible futures due to its ineffectiveness against Thanos.
Makes sense to me. I agree with this CRT.

I agree with this, it would be with sling rings as standard equipment.

Yeah, I should've added this a while ago, but I ran into some trouble with my PC. I probably won't be able to make edits for a little while.

Back