• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hammering in the Inconsistency: Bad Scaling and Hammer Units (Team Fortress Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody lists the staff member who have helped out here earlier, I can send them a notification.

I don't get, what's wrong with Demo outrunning explosion?
Because the way he "outruns" it wouldn't require him be faster than his explosions, just be slightly ahead of them as the explosives go off, he isn't moving relative to them because they already finish by the time he makes his next steps.

Yeah, it's more on line with aim dodging that they were already well outside the initial blast by the time he ran.

Okay. Never mind then. I trust your senses of judgement.

What i meant is that the validity of the feat comes into question, after all you could put damn near anything to influence the calc in your recreation
Yep that is why i said other people has recreated the scene but IDK if that works if that doesnt work i am gona do hard work doing alot of pixel scaling... some day not tomorrow that is for sure

i'm pretty sure it's possible to just load up the scene in SFM normally
the meet the team shorts were made in SFM and i think some of them can be opened using it

Yep that is why i said other people has recreated the scene but IDK if that works if that doesnt work i am gona do hard work doing alot of pixel scaling... some day not tomorrow that is for sure
Be sure to compare the recreation to the original, see if Demoman is moving at the same speed

There's clear in tandem movement in the end as he jumps tho
No, he isn't.

It's pretty self-evident to an attentive viewer that him moving faster than his explosions travel is not what's happening here.

I'll justify this further by stating, like he himself did, that he's a good Demoman, he knew he had the time or made a calculated effort to make sure he wouldn't get caught up and killed in these explosions, which he describes "one arrogant twitch" as being enough for him to blow up because all it takes is a singular mistake, but he's a good Demoman, so he won't make that mistake.

EDIT: If it's not working, go here.

No, he isn't.

It's pretty self-evident to an attentive viewer that him moving faster than his explosions travel is not what's happening here.

I'll justify this further by stating, like he himself did, that he's a good Demoman, he knew he had the time or made a calculated effort to make sure he wouldn't get caught up and killed in these explosions, which he describes "one arrogant twitch" as being enough for him to blow up because all it takes is a singular mistake, but he's a good Demoman, so he won't make that mistake.

wow there is absulutly no prove that he was gona do that and just because he is good at a job doesnt mean he calculated that

specially when 90% of the time he is drunk and doesnt help that later in the video he starts crying like a drunk man would do while holding a bottle....

demoman is good but to do that he needs to be a absulutly god at that to do the calculations specially when demo isnt very calculative

Also he wasnt moving exactly at the tandem of explosions thanks to the limits of SFM like it would requiere a absurd amount of job to make a character walks exactly at the same time the explosions were moving the point of the scene is that he was escaping from the explosions.

No, he isn't.

EDIT: If it's not working, go here.

Again, look at there he jumps and just go frame by frame. You'll see his leg and explosion moving in tandem

Again, look at there he jumps and just go frame by frame. You'll see his leg and explosion moving in tandem
Tried that, still have no idea what you're on about.

This is clearly presented in such a way that he isn't capable of moving at comparable speeds to an explosion.

Tried that, still have no idea what you're on about.

This is clearly presented in such a way that he isn't capable of moving at comparable speeds to an explosion.
umm no you dont be to be super close to the explosion to be classfied as long as you are close enough in range to the explosion is fine especially when demoman was maximum 4-3 meters away from the explosion

Every explosion happens directly behind them, after he's already moved out of the way. The detonation starts exactly once he's clear, that's what this scene is trying to show.

I really can't demonstrate it further than that, we're seeing the same thing dramatically differently for our own reasons.

Remember that is the exact same wiki that is putted as a official link in TF2 off items

so no the wiki is official and even putted in the game and is the official script

Okay but it's clear the script got altered, or at least, interpreted differently. We see several explosions in the actual video itself, and the script especially doesn't detail "hmm yes Demoman is moving faster than sound to surpass the detonation of his bombs", it just says he escapes an explosion. The intent could just as easily be that he detonates it at just the right time to where he's not going to be damaged, and that's far more present in the final product.

Okay but it's clear the script got altered, or at least, interpreted differently. We see several explosions in the actual video itself, and the script especially doesn't detail "hmm yes Demoman is moving faster than sound to surpass the detonation of his bombs", it just says he escapes an explosion. The intent could just as easily be that he detonates it at just the right time to where he's not going to be damaged, and that's far more present in the final product.
Yep but that is speculation so the feat is valid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back