• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: The statue of liberty from RWBY Matches

[1] While it's certainly impressive I have doubts. If it were one punch shockwave it would be more impressive. Even if it's casual. Is it any different in the manga?

Just calculate the volume of what was destroyed and use pulverization of stone or maybe cement? Idk what it could be but I did both here.

Just looking at it from a blind guess I'd say the radius of the hemisphere created is about the same length as Retsu's shoulder width. Super buff body builders usually cap at shoulder width of about 20-25 inches across so use that for the radius (I'll use 25 because it's Retsu Kaioh this guy is ripped). It gives us a volume of 536,265.4 cc. Then we apply a 40x or 214x to it because pulverization of stone or cement.

If stone we get: 21,450,616 Joules (Just above Baseline 9-A)

If cement we get: 114,760,796 Joules (Bit higher into 9-A)

If there was a manga panel of this it would be more applicable. If it doesn't happen in the Manga it probably shouldn't be used whatsoever.

So I'm currently going over New Grappler Baki and we have an important point that was missed. Spec didn't hit the Statue of Liberty 100 times and that was our fault for assuming he did the entire Apnea Rush move and not just part of it. Based on the scan of the punches Spec made it looks like from my rough guess there's about 20 punch marks.

https://************.com/chapter/baki/chapter_32

Go to the part where the cop takes the paper off and you'll see the scan.

The feat's still really wierd, and the same Apnea rush didn't even break through a tree when Hanayama was being punched through it

But eh, .47 tons divided by 20 is Small Building level so it all ultimately works out

Hanayama was likely taking majority of the energy so it's not that crazy. He's a pretty big target to hit.

But yeah even if Spec used 20ish punches it's only Small Building Level but still good to note.

Blunt force usually travels through it's target, especially when said target is obviously sent back by the blows and clearly isn't absorbing every last bit of energy

But either way 9-A

For the people who mentioned above Yujiro' statements and the feat about tanking atomic bombs.

We don't know where he was when that happened and anime for example if I recall correctly shown us that he was underground and didnt take the explosions of those bombs.

And there is no statement that proves a Town lvl Yujiro. And if you are reffering to the statement about him being more powerful than USA or something like more powerful than atomic bombs (don't remember the exact statement), ofc he is, cause a super solider with superhuman stats is more dangerous than an atomic bomb,he can for example infiltrate White House and kill all high ranks of the USA and turn upside down the country and all nations. A superhuman like that is more efficient and dangerous than a bomb, it's pretty obvious. So this kind of statements are no proof at all for give him Town lvl.

His father defeated USA and was labelled as a monster because his strength is so great that he used humans as Nunchakus. Like seriously, where did you see anything Town lvl?

So we defiantly have some feats to get Building Level mid tiers that I would like to bring up. Yujiro tanked a lightning bolt which we all know has building level power with zero damage.

Hanayama made Yujiro's nose bleed a drop of blood.

Hanayama > Lightning Bolt. Baki Dou Hanayama is at least Building Level.

I looked over the Pickle vs Jack and Pickle vs Hanayama fights as well to determine if either of the two should keep a possibly Small tone level rating. And I can defiantly say no. Although Pickle compared Hanayama's power to the triceratops, he was smiling during the fight and was just happy with the level Hanayama was at, he didn't fear for his life or get angry. With Jack, he got super angry and increased the level of power he used not once but twice against Jack. The first time wasn't enough as Jack still kept coming but then Pickle used his full power and one shot Jack causally. Based on that I'd say the two of them should not be small town level.

Instead I'd say we can change the characters who currently have possibly Small town level ratings to, At Least Building Level likely higher and then for Jack and Hanayama we can give them At Least Building Level likely far higher.

Jack and Hanayama might scale to higher levels though as I'm looking at Yujiro's ground punch feat against Kaku Kaoih and it might get city block level. Which we can debate the two of them scaling to. Doppo's first key might also scale with them as he gave Base Yujiro a tough fight. But Doppo's third key, Retsu's Baki Dou key and anyone else who scales to them should be only Building Level.

lighting is, but you can tank lightning with just as much durability as any regular human assuming it doesn't hit somewhere really important like a vital organ and stay there, not channeling most of the energy into the ground

Withstanding 5 Gigawatts of energy for like a microsecond isn't that hard

Also no, there's honestly more feats that would make a change of the small town level characters like Base Yujiro and Oliva to City Block Level so this is just one more added to that. Either way by bare minimum Jack and Hanayama will still get Building Level but they could likely get Large Building to city Block Level depending on the Yujiro feat. Also I'm not sure what shaking a skyscraper with your energy would yield but that's also a feat.

Why would they scale to something Yujiro himself did

I generally don't think we should scale them to casual Yujiro because of some simple inconsistencies

Depends on magnitude

1. Yujiro was being hit for multiple seconds if I remember correctly. Long enough that the people around him took notice and looked at him before the bolt went away.

2. Hanayama hurt Yujiro, so he should be at least somewhat close to his level of power.

Lighting bolts that last for just as much as a single second are legit 9.8039216e+13 Joules, 23.4319349155 Kilotons. Which, is like, a very good chunk of the energy stored in the general area of a storm that someone being stroked by the monster of a voltage

It's probably just the author not thinking about how fast lightning is rather then an indication for how long it lasted

Then he should just scale to him if they're shown to be at least somewhat close

No if anything we just found another supporting town level feat. The bolt was directly stated to last for much longer than a normal lightning bolt would when hitting a human and in the chapter they had a University professor talking about how he thought it was a mistake as no human could ever hope to survive that long lasting lightning bolt. Tokugawa also confirms the feat after.

So town level Yujiro in Base lol this is fun.

This does bring up the idea of Yujiro having two keys, one from Grappler Baki and one from Son of Ogre and onwards.

The first one would have Small Town Level Base Stats with Town Level Demon Back and the second would have Town Level Base Stats and Town Level+ with Demon Back. He is stated by Baki to constantly improve over time. I mean just look at him compared to Oliva. When he was 16 he was only on Oliva's Level with the Demon Back and now he can almost one shot him in Base

Not sure it would be + but, scans to prove that it's actually stated to last far longer then it should would be good

You said yourself that the level of power would be about 23 kilotons. Yujiro's Demon Back gives him at least a 2-3x increase as it should be far superior to Baki's incomplete Demon Back. We discussed this part already. So with his Demon Back active, Yujiro can tank attacks of around 46-69 kilotons with minimal or no damage.

Is no selling a 70 Kiloton attack really not Town Level+, or At Least Town Level?

It's a multiplier?

Kinda inconsistent considering Demon Back Baki was fine matching up to Yujiro all the way from 9-A

Baki got multiple huge upgrades before he fought Yujiro from when he was 9-A. He was 9-A in the tournament, then he had a boost in power after having his Demon Back come out for the first time, then he had a ridiculously huge increase from having sex with Kozue, and then another increase after fighting in the Raitai. Then in the fight with Oliva he masters his Demon Back and gets one last boost that brings him to the small town level in base. Then he fights Yujiro.

A 10 million volts lightning is Town lvl? Seriously doubt it.

Anyway, that's durability or resistance to lightning specifically, Kaku Kaioh like I showed previously could hurt him with Small Building lvl (?) attacks.

And I must remind you that dinosaurs are something incredibile in terms of power in Bakiverse and Hanayama or almost everyone else are below Pickle (the guy who lived and fought with dinosaurs). So, 99% of the verse is at most Building lvl.

well, when sustaining it for several seconds, lighting takes a lot of energy

hmm

Maybe that's consistent, I guess. Though, again, a panel indicating the multiplier would be nice

There is not any panel that says that actually. And there is no powerup actually, too. Because the demon back is like saying that Yujiro goes into serious mode, that's all. He has the same power all time but not always he uses all his power.

Stop trying to downplay the series. Yujiro's Demon Back along with the rest of the hanma's are treated as separate forms. If it was simply going all out, Baki wouldn't have to master it and would be able to bring it out at will. But he can't do that until his fight with Oliva. It's not just electricity resistance as much as you want Yujiro to not be town level. He's tanking the Joules of force in that as well.

Back