• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: The statue of liberty from RWBY Matches

We don't actually consider those single attacks. They're many consecutive attacks.

I disagree.

The point of feats is to show how much it can destroy, and although the statue itself ended up not being destroyed in the end because they saved it, they clearly said it would have completely fallen apart otherwise. In fact, massive cracks had appeared all over it to the point it was split multiple times. While the individual punches may not be that rating, the entire attack would be the given rating, and since Hanayama can tank an attack that can destroy the statue of liberty he would be at the rating.

@Lap ...That kinda goes against things directly stated in the Attack Potency page

"Kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level, especially if they are small. The attack potency depends upon the energy output of the attack, not the area of effect of the attack."

Attack potency is the energy a single attack contains not what the character destroys given enough time. You could call all instances of Surface wiping over time High 6-A if you ignore this.

Jotaro doesn't get a special tier for attacking multiple times and he never should

A tier 9 could easily make several indents in the statue of liberty to make it slowly fall apart over the course of what could have been hours

The thing is, we don't treat Ora Ora as a single attack (Ora Ora isn't even an "attack" or "technique", it's something he shouts while punching)

We also don't give Star Platinum an 8C rating because of his punch rush.

We give him an 8C rating because he has consistently shown to harm 8C level opponents with a single punch. The fact that he can wreck said opponents with a flurry of punches doesn't increase his AP, it just means that he can throw many 8C punches really quickly to take down opponents.

DMUA said:
Jotaro doesn't get a special tier for attacking multiple times and he never should
A tier 9 could easily make several indents in the statue of liberty to make it slowly fall apart over the course of what could have been hours
Yes, that's my point. Some of the feats we calc for him are for his Ora barage, and we treat it as a single attack. This should be no different.

It didn't slowly fall apart. The thing finally cracked apart because the guard removed the thing stuck on it that was seemingly holding it together

We don't even use any of those said feats, and I'd repeat the same thing if we did.

A small pad shouldn't be able to hold together an entire statue.

Why is this so hard? We either do two options for Spec's rating.

1- Treat the Apnea rush as one attack and give Spec the rating needed to crack the Statue of Liberty into pieces

2- Treat the Apnea rush and 100 separate attack in a short time frame and give Spec the rating needed to crack the Statue of Liberty into pieces divided by 100.

That said, I don't know how exactly you'd calc destroying the statue

Well, if I had to, firstly, get the J/CC for fragging copper, then apply hollowness of like 90%

Of course then there's the ordeal of actually getting the volume of the thing at all

And there's also the ordeal of there being literally no other Tier 8 feats and said Apena rush not even shattering a tree when someone is being punched into it, which would make the feat kinda outlierish

Eh, that should work well enough

Blog coming up

Either way

Yeah, I'm still sticking to this feat being

>Inapplicable for AP as we rate it, being damage from a single attack >Probably an outlier >Generally questionable since it only started actually falling apart presumably hours after Spec was done with it

Building level doesn't seem too bad for the verse honestly. They should be well above wall level by the prisoner arc.

Okay

Even if it is valid, do you know how many times a Supersonic+ character could punch if they spent 5 straight minutes not so much as breathing so they can keep attacking?

Well...

Average length of someone's arm is 0.7832 meters. Supersonic+ starts at 686 meters per second. This means, every second, they could punch 875.89376915219 times.

In 5 minutes, they could punch 262768.13074565 times.

1805060995.6 Joules divided by 262768 blows would mean each blow is...

6869.4095003957 Joules, Street level

The amount of punches might be inflated, but you get the idea.

Large Building is already an exaggeration bruh, even as a combo attack and not singular punches.

He is not even a martial artist to have special techniques to focus the damage or something, he is brute strength so with a Large Building lvl he should demolished completely at least the Liberty Statue's base.

To be fair, you can't expect realism in Baki

But yeah this feat is wack

Spec only attacked 100 times. The Apnea rush is the first 100 attacks of the barrage and everything after that isn't part of the attack. I'd say we use 100 hits and no more.

Yujiro's earthquake isn't an outlier at all honestly. Small Town Level backs up a lot of his other statements and durability feats.

Also I'm currently searching for all Baki feats from the mid tiers that would exceed wall level so give me time on that please

The apnea rush is attacking without any opportunity to actually counterattack for up to 5 minutes without any stops. It doesn't have to halt at 100, and I don't remember any statements suggesting as such

Alright that seems good

Amlad22 said:
Yujiro's earthquake isn't an outlier at all honestly. Small Town Level backs up a lot of his other statements and durability feats.
There is no statement or feat to support that lol.

He was "afraid" at first by Kaku Kaioh's punch with Xiaolee which Baki described as something impossible because he caused that destruction (is like he saw the strongest punch there, and he saw the Yujiro's earthquake punch). And Kaku Kaioh injured Yujiro later with these punches.

And what kind of destruction did they cause, then?

This:12

Baki is flabbergasted and it's because of the destruction he is seeing, there is not something like a focued damage or anything.

http://*****************/read-online/New-Grappler-Baki-chapter-231.html

And here

http://*****************/read-online/New-Grappler-Baki-chapter-233.html

Yujiro shows his own punch strength (better than Kaku's but not too much stronger actually).

And here Kaku injuring Yujiro .

http://*****************/read-online/New-Grappler-Baki-chapter-236.html

Q00 punches would be Wall level+, so they're going to need to have the Tier 8 stuff removed.

Yujiro has tons of statements to put him at that level. Even when he was 16 he survived multiple bombing runs from the US army and it has been stated that nothing short of a nuclear bomb would kill him

Also Kaku was using Xiao-Lee, which manipulates energy, which allows you to absorb and repurpose attacky energy. Which is why Yujiro didn't want to take those punches. It would essentially be like getting hit by himself.

That's also true it was the combined energy of multiple of Yujiro's punches being shot back at him.

Also I found one good feat already that might give above wall level. https://************.com/chapter/baki/chapter_13

At the end of this chapter we see Spec busted out of a solid concrete wall will steel lining inside. He also did this casually mind you.

That would just be wall level. High end, but, nothing more.

I'm fine with the deadly criminals being Wall level, because most of them were stomped by Baki's team until they resorted to weapons and cheap tricks. But there has to be some Building level feats somewhere for the recurring crew like Doppo or Retsu.

So as of now I've found a few feats that could be calced

There's the Spec busting a wall one but I guess that's only Wall Level

Katsumi's Mach Punch should have a lot of force behind it. It uses his entire body mass of 116 kilograms to move at over the speed of sound and should have acceleration comparable to a bullet.

There's a feat of Young Hanayama where he punches through a solid steel door that's pretty damn thick

Retsu literally turned a stone wall to dust with the shockwave of his punches

And lastly idk what this would be, but Garland was capable of making a massive ******* mine shaft on his own in 2 years. This thing is huge and I'll try to find a scan of it.

only the reducing walls to dust would probably be 9-A

That said it would be interesting

The mine shaft feat would be more impressive if it didn't take 2 years, it's the same logic behind why Spec's feat is not as potent.

Vaporizing a human is 9-A, the question is would a stone wall take more or less energy to vaporize?

And if so, by how much?

turning something to dust isn't quite vaporization

Back