• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: The statue of liberty from RWBY Matches

With physical force it's pulverization. There are machines in real life made for such a purpose.

So I did a Katsumi calc and his Mach Punch is 9-A. You can tell me if this info is wrong but.

Katsumi's Mach Punch Velocity- Around 343 m/s Time to reach full speed- 0.001 seconds (time for a bullet to reach max speed from I could find) Katsumi's Weight- 116kg (we use his entire body weight as it's very clearly shown that his entire body is involved in making this punch possible)

(343/0.001)*116 = 39,788,000 joules. This is 9-A and it only takes into account Katsumi's regular Mach Punch which he can spam. He is capable of throwing much faster ones but they would not scale to any of the mid tiers only this one would.

If it's going at bullet speed it wouldn't be going at 343000 meters per second due to accelerating really fast

besides, KE is .5 times mass times velocity^2, in this case, .5 times 116 times 343^2 is 6823642 Joules, 0.00163088957 Tons, Wall level

not accounting for this not being a bodyslam of course

The acceleration is debatable, but it's directly stated and shown by both Katsumi and Kaku Kaioh that the user's entire body goes into it. It's far from an ordinary punch.

When he uses it, the attack is demonstrated at a speed where majority of the cast including Baki don't see Katsumi do the move they just see his fist in a different spot after he does it. The characters are able to react to bullets no problem. So I don't see the acceleration being an issue.

It's the force their entire body weight generates that adds to the punch to allow it to break the sound barrier. Without it the punch would be a normal attack.

Honestly a value of around 40 million joules for Katsumi actually makes sense since this attack caused Hanayama great harm despite Hanayama no selling attacks from Spec who is 18 million joules as shown above after we divided the Statue of Liberty calc by 100.

Katsumi (40 Million Joules) >= Hanayama >>> Spec (18 Million Joules)

For once the scaling makes sense

KE isn't about acceleration but velocity. Having a high acceleration doesn't mean much outside of him being able to reach max speed quickly.

Why do you have to use the kinetic energy formula?

Also just making sure, we are positive this won't amount to anything impressive? Garland also had to clear the trees from the area before he began digging. They said he did it in under 2 years (he probably worked 5/6 days a week based on his character) and that 2000 massive trucks loads wouldn't even begin to fill the crater.

https://img.fireden.net/a/image/1531/47/1531471539947.jpg

Why do you have to use the kinetic energy formula?

Because that's how you get energy for speed and the object's mass. Acceleration just doesn't have anything to do with it.

Well even if his regular punches only reach high wall level his faster ones break 9-A even with the KE formula.

Grip strength is a form of lifting strength on this site, yeah.

Personally though, I don't like it since you get a ton of Class K people based on spine rips despite nothing else coming close in-universe but that's for another time.

Ok so the current changes are looking like anyone who scales to Spec or Base Katsumi get Wall Level+ and anyone who scales to Maximum Tourny Retsu or Hanayama get Small Building Level. Depending on how far Retsu is into small building level with his extremely casual feat, characters like Doppo, Jack and Baki might be pushing Building Level.

Should Baki get illusion creation? I've been reading his fight with Nomi no Sukune II, and his Triceratops Fist materialized the image of a Triceratops so well that it had scars and damage from previous battles, identical to the one that rivaled Pickle, and Nomi actually believed that the beast was standing before him.

Idk how his powers work tbh. It's a minor form of illusion creation or perception manipulation Id say. Also make sure Yujiro gets it too and probably Yuichiro

This is the same verse where some random bum doctor reconnects Doppo's hand like it's nothing, and killing a Tiger is considered Doppo's best feat despite everything else he's done.

So Spec and those on his level are Wall level.

Katsumi and those on his level are Wall level+.

Retsu and those on his level are Small Building level.

Is this correct?

Spec is Wall Level+ too, his value came out to around 18 million Joules which is High end Wall Level+. But yeah besides that Katsumi also has wall level+ and can achieve Small Building Level with his faster Mach Fists. Then Retsu gets Small Building Level but I think we should calc his feat to see just how far into Small Building Level he is. If he's above half way into 9-A for example, Demon Back Baki and Jack would reach 8-C.

I also have an idea for the mid tier characters who are given a small town level key. I think that should be removed. The basing for that rating is that these characters have damaged Musashi. However Musashi has consistently shown that his Attack Potency is far far higher than his durability. He was capable of nearly one shot Baki and could harm Yujiro but was nearly killed by Hanayama. In comparison what could Hanayama do to Yujiro? Absolutely nothing.

Basically I think all the mid tiers who currently have a possibly Small town level key should be changed to, At Least Building Level, likely higher. Musashi can also have his durability changed to At Least Building Level, likely far higher. This will make things a lot more consistent.

Also is there a way to determine what Retsu's full power would be off of his feat that only uses the wind pressure created by his fists?

Retsu is for sure 9-A in the maximum tournament but the top tiers from that arc, Demon Back Baki, Jack and maybe even Doppo could all be possibly Building Level depending on how far into 9-A Retsu scales.

Hanayama scaling to Pickle doesn't make sense honestly. He had one tiny dick measuring contest with him and both were suppressed. I still think Musashi should have his durability downgraded significantly so hurting him doesn't matter and the only feat that would leave is when Hanayama put everything he had into a punch and it made Yujiro have a drop of blood come out from his nose.

I'd say Baki Dou Hanayama could get two ratings

At Least Building Level possibly Small Town Level (Should be far superior to any of the maximum tournament arc fighters including Demon Back Baki who is stronger than his Incomplete Demon Back which is at least 2x stronger than Retsu Kaioh. Was capable of easily overpowering Musashi and was able to draw a single drop of blood from a Suppressed Yujiro)

At Least Building Level likely far higher (Same reasoning as above)

What makes these two different? One scales Hanayama to the god tiers and the other puts him above the mid tiers but below the god tiers which makes more sense to me.

I think if we can find a feat that is somewhere in the large building to city block range from like Suppressed Oliva or Pickle then we can scale Hanayama to that

Everything makes sense up to 8-C, I don't remember anyone doing anything higher than that besides the low 7-C and regular 7-C fighters. Both Pickle and Hanayama being suppressed supports the possibly low 7-C rating, as well as giving Yujiro a slight nosebleed. I'm pretty sure the possibly would put him at baseline and not directly at Yujiro or Pickle's level, which makes sense with what he's done.

We would need a proper calc and scans to see if anyone reaches building level through upscaling from Maximum Tournament Retsu

I'm just assuming based on the increases that occur. Baki scales to Retsu and then he gets the Incomplete Demon Back increase. After that he gets the power up from Kozue that makes him stronger in base than with his previous Demon Back.

Also I keep thinking with Hanayama and the small town level stuff just isn't making sense to me. Likely far higher is probably better. Jack also seemingly matched Pickle but got absolutely destroyed when Pickle got even slightly serious. So Hanayama matching Pickle is kinda the same idea where Pickle was just using very little strength. That leaves harming Yujiro as his only small town level feat and at that point I see it as an outlier. I would like more input though.

We could defiantly start applying some changes now too. If you have time Anttron maybe make a Katsumi profile? As he has one of the two small building level feats we have.

Near baseline small building won't get Building level via scaling up

We need to actually get the wall Pulverization calced first

So I'll make the downgrades to make characters 9-B and 9-A.

As for Hanayama, while you bring up a good point, Pickle still compared Hanayama to the Triceratops, his greatest rival, who is mostly even with himself. I don't believe Pickle made this comparison with Jack.

I'd like to wait and see what Retsu gets before saying nobody will scale up. But ofc we will see.

With Hanayama, Pickle got very happy and smiled when he felt Hanayama's power, but with Jack, he got angry, like really angry, and pulled out moves he hadn't even used on anyone up to this point. I'm gonna go over the two encounters in just a bit and grab any scans to help us reach a conclusion.

So do we actually have the Pulverization feat?

Back