• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically what Passer said. There are quite a few of them from Oliva and stuff. So no need to bother with the diamond thing. Maybe we will find even more of them. @StretchSebe is the one who made some of them. Like this one: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:StretchSebe/Biscuit_Oliva_twists_and_tears_a_steel_door_like_it's_nothing_(calc).
That calc isn't accepted and it's still gwtting discussed, and the coal to diamond feat give a higher result regardless so it would by all means matter to discuss, but even if there were calcs with better Class M results the calc still would work as supporting the ratings of the verse, so is need to make clear if the impossible part of the feat is getting ignored to allow it or not like with the earthquake feat.

That calc isn't accepted and it's still gwtting discussed, and the coal to diamond feat give a higher result regardless so it would by all means matter to discuss, but even if there were calcs with better Class M results the calc still would work as supporting the ratings of the verse, so is need to make clear if the impossible part of the feat is getting ignored to allow it or not like with the earthquake feat.
It's a bit more iffy I would guess. Because here the weird part is that the earthquake doesn't stop like that but the force needed to do that if it worked similar to how the mangaka thinks is pretty easy. How is the diamond feat calculated? I would believe asking cgm what they would want would be better. I would be fine with both but I'm more of the mind that we shouldn't use it.

It's a bit more iffy I would guess. Because here the weird part is that the earthquake doesn't stop like that but the force needed to do that if it worked similar to how the mangaka thinks is pretty easy. How is the diamond feat calculated? I would believe asking cgm what they would want would be better. I would be fine with both but I'm more of the mind that we shouldn't use it.
Don't try to calculate it. Itagaki first says that this requires 100,000 atmospheres, and then equates this to 100 tons

Don't try to calculate it. Itagaki first says that this requires 100,000 atmospheres, and then equates this to 100 tons
Yeah I'm against this as well. I would consider this one invalid and better find some other feats. Like the door one or maybe other similar or even higher ones.

Dear ******* God what did I come back to

Anyways

I meant Shmeaty's version.
We would be going back to clovers version which was 15 kilotons
100% lol, as a matter of fact, this feat would quite literally scale to every single character in the maximum tournament and after lmao.
Baki after seeing Yujiro perform the feat was 100% confident Doppo could defeat Yujiro. Doppo was beating the DOGSHIT out of Yujiro in the fight to the point where Yujiro was getting mad because he couldn't do anything to him. He had to enter Demon Back (which, as we know from Baki, even an imperfect demon back can cover a no-sell level gap). Doppo then goes on to be stated to be inferior to Katsumi (who, BTW, the same Doppo considers him to be "the strongest man" and he thinks he can beat ANYONE) and then pretty much everyone in the Maximum tournament end up scaling in some way or another to Doppo and Katsumi.
Oh also, the mach punch was created by Katsumi in collaboration with Doppo in order to beat Yujiro, Hanayama eats like 4 of those without even getting wobbled.

People try and "fix" this by saying that Doppo got weaker after the Yujiro fight, which is not only never stated or even implied (the only thing that can even remotely be considered to imply this is the fact that Doppo says that his current level is "nothing" if he wants to beat Yujiro, which is a statement given with the knowledge that 1)Yujiro has the demon back and 2)Yujiro gets constantly stronger at an insane rate, so it doesn't even necessarily mean Doppo is any weaker than he was, especially since he himself thinks that his rehabilitation went well and everyone of his students, who spar him daily considers him to "be back") it's outright debunked by things such as Katsumi being shocked at how good his physique is in NGB (Katsumi would obviously know Doppo's physique during the first saga of the series) and, most directly, in the most recent series, where Doppo is stated to be "the same" as he was at the time of his debut in the arena and he "doesn't show the slightest sign of aging" (so yeah, age being a factor in him getting weaker is debunked, not that it was a reasonable logic to begin with given how Shibukawa is older than Doppo and still kicking).

Now, let's ignore Doppo for a second, let's just say he got weaker (he didn't). Then, what about Motobe? Motobe could tank hits from Yujiro without sustaining any serious injury, could manipulate his joints and was considered worthy of seeing Yujiro's demon back. Motobe would then go on to be completely humiliated in the MT. Did motobe also get weaker?

The only real "debunk" to this is "well, Doppo and Motobe struggle with X and Y character, but then Yujiro comes up and no-diffs them, this must mean they got weaker", which is a non argument, because the very first thing (and I'm not kidding, this is the first scene where Yujiro gets mentioned) we are told about Yujiro in the ENTIRE SERIES is that he grows stronger (and more skilled) at an INSANE rate, to the point where Strydum is like "during the few minutes we've spent talking, Yujiro just got stronger". So Yujiro no-diffing characters that scale to people who previously beat him is not a debunk to the fact that said people scale to him, it's just proof of Yujiro getting stronger at a faster rate than anyone else since their first fight.

Yujiro is a constantly moving goal-post
: in NGB Kaku Kaioh was 100% down to fighting a demon back Yujiro, drew blood from him, and only resorted to playing dead once he was 100% sure he'd die, meanwhile, at the start of the Pickle arc he straight up says he wouldn't even TRY to fight a casual Pickle, the same Pickle who would go on to be hurt severely by Katsumi. In the same vein, Retsu in SoO is stated to be "the best in the 4000 year history of Chinese martial arts", which is also supported by the fact that he mastered Shaori in only a few days, while it took Kaku several decades to do so.
This is portrayed as late as the end of Baki Dou 2, where a post-father-son-fight Baki (who btw, upped his training to the point where he is getting VISIBLY bigger, and I don't think i need to tell you how good baki did against Yujiro during that fight) states that he couldn't possibly beat Sukune in a head on fight to the point where his body instinctively used a technique to negate his durability, Yujiro one-shots him casually.

I honestly think we should have another thread just discussing the basis of getting rid of "Prime" Doppo

This is a sentiment I have disagreed with for a long time and I'm glad someone was finally able to adequately articulate why it was wrong cause I sure as hell couldn't

Also it would quite literally affect the whole verses ratings and if that happened we would likely need another thread to discuss outliers and if Yujiro and the others truly should scale this high

This thread has already gone on for far too long and no-one wants to read through 7 pages of crt to form an opinion

For now Twellas I suggest you make a thread regarding Prime Doppo and ONLY Prime Doppo so we don't get sidetracked like this thread

From there we can decide what to do with the verse

For now I would just be re-appling the 7-C rating to everyone who had it before since it seems most agree with the magnitude 6 end

Dear ***** God what did I come back to

Anyways

We would be going back to clovers version which was 15 kilotons

I honestly think we should have another thread just discussing the basis of getting rid of "Prime" Doppo

This is a sentiment I have disagreed with for a long time and I'm glad someone was finally able to adequately articulate why it was wrong cause I sure as hell couldn't

Also it would quite literally affect the whole verses ratings and if that happened we would likely need another thread to discuss outliers and if Yujiro and the others truly should scale this high

This thread has already gone on for far too long and no-one wants to read through 7 pages of crt to form an opinion

For now Twellas I suggest you make a thread regarding Prime Doppo and ONLY Prime Doppo so we don't get sidetracked like this thread

From there we can decide what to do with the verse

For now I would just be re-appling the 7-C rating to everyone who had it before since it seems most agree with the magnitude 6 end
There are 3 staff votes for it so yes. I think it would be good to close this and tackle the matter of scaling in another thread.

The thread is too discuss if prime Doppo is a thing and what that would change

The thread hasnt happened yet so I'll just operate under the old rating for now in order to bring this thread to an end
Yeah that's what I meant. I do have a scaling in mind but it's maybe way too conservative.
I thought I had hallucinated it. Like damn didn't someone say something about a scaling crt.

she be grapplin' my baki till i dou

so uh i think i got unfollowed by the forum for the last few days what's this about magnitudes now

she be grapplin' my baki till i dou

so uh i think i got unfollowed by the forum for the last few days what's this about magnitudes now
The issue is whether the quake that Yujiro stopped was mag 5, 5.5 or 6.

The votes are 2 for mag 5, 1 for mag 5.5 and 3 for mag 6.

And here is the post with the votes as well as an explanation as to why it's most likely mag 6

Post in thread 'Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7' https://vsbattles.com/threads/grappler-baki-making-a-tier-7-verse-tier-7.157020/post-6044183

Last edited:
Honestly from looking it up even a magnitude 5 earthquake can cause shaking that looks like it could cause people to lose their balance (Mag 5) (Mag 5.1) so I dunno if 6 is warranted

Honestly from looking it up even a magnitude 5 earthquake can cause shaking that looks like it could cause people to lose their balance (Mag 5) (Mag 5.1) so I dunno if 6 is warranted
The problem is that these people aren't in a building but on the ground so for them to shake that much the shaking was pretty big. In the video you showed most were static devices with no support or anything and shelves on markets which are free to move around. Here is a previous argument for Mag 6:

Also one more thing to hammer home at least a 5 magnitude

All the characters are outside in this instance and are nowhere near any buildings

In most of the scales you can find online most point out that Magnitude 5 and above is the point where the shaking becomes noticeable OUTSIDE and not just notable in solid structures like buildings

Here are some examples
The Severity of an Earthquake

Richter scale - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org
www.earthquakeauthority.com

CEA - Earthquake Measurements: Magnitude vs Intensity

How do earthquakes get measured, and what's the difference between earthquake magnitude and intensity? Visit CEA to find out!
Richter Magnitude

Everyone behind Baki as well as Baki himself were struggling just to stand upright due to the strength of the earthquakes shaking
A magnitude less than 5 would not cause this kind of struggle as 5 and below are not even usually felt by everyone

Also note that these sources clarify that 5 magnitude is usually only "Moderate" shaking which is just more evidence pointing towards Mag 6 for this particular quake

I'm personally fine with anything 5 and above however I personally feel that 6 is the way to go

Also here is another video of a 5.1 which is pretty underwhelming compared to what we are shown.

Magnitude 5NikHelton, Passerby,@ByAsura (voting rights), @HammerStrikes219, @Therefir (voting rights),(cgm), @Armorchompy (voting rights),(cgm)

Magnitude 5.5Shmeatywerbenmanjenson, SheevShezarrine, @ByAsura (voting rights), @HammerStrikes219, @Passersby
Magnitude 6CloverDragon03(cgm), Serlock_Holmes, SheevShezarrine, Shmeatywerbenmanjenson, Maverick_Zero_X (voting rights), @ByAsura (voting rights), @Lonkitt (voting rights), @TheRustyOne (cgm),@Viott, @Majinere566, @Passersby, @Quintessence_PE
We are at a tie....Please let this end. Should we just flip a coin?

Last edited:

These are the current votes. The range 6 quake comes from the fact that Japan is one of the countries with the most intense seismic activity so anything that is considered big there would be at least in the 6 range.
Magnitude 6 is fine then

I have experienced an earthquake of magnitude 5 before and even I did not lose my balance, many good warriors including baki lost their balance there, so an earthquake where even baki lost his balance should be at least magnitude 6.
I would also like to add that I have witnessed an earthquake of magnitude 7 and even in an earthquake of this magnitude people were not shaken so much that they fell to the ground.

I have experienced an earthquake of magnitude 5 before and even I did not lose my balance, many good warriors including baki lost their balance there, so an earthquake where even baki lost his balance should be at least magnitude 6.
I would also like to add that I have witnessed an earthquake of magnitude 7 and even in an earthquake of this magnitude people were not shaken so much that they fell to the ground.
Yes, an earthquake of magnitude 5 makes no sense to me. 6 is better.

...yeah, thinking about it, me 2

altough i was inside my house, so i don't know if that had any effect on it

change my vot to either 5,5 or 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back