• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
7-C is fine.
And its normal for some characters to suddenly be threatening not by power but by techniques. Heck pickle is literally far stronger than Jack Hanma yet retreats from him due to how that dude reminds him of the sting of bee that he ate and his tenacity and how his body is literally conditioned to harm anyone despite unconscious

Only when He realized pride is on the line that he decided to confront Jack Hanma again

Last edited:
Why are we talking about 7-C?
Yujiro stopped a NATURAL earthquake, so if you fully scale him to this feat, then upscale him to 7-A.

To stop an earthquake, you need to suppress the source of the earthquake. If Yujiro neutralized only the waves on the surface, then the earthquakes would repeat in a couple of seconds

I don't know why we aren't scaling him to the plate itself. It still wouldn't be an outlier.

7-C is fine.
And its normal for some characters to suddenly be threatening not by power but by techniques. Heck pickle is literally far stronger than Jack Hanma yet retreats from him due to how that dude reminds him of the sting of bee that he ate and his tenacity and how his body is literally conditioned to harm anyone despite unconscious

Only when He realized pride is on the line that he decided to confront Jack Hanma again

Baki Raihen seems to be focusing on Jack so he may get demon back?

It's not a conservative thing, the energy of an earthquake is 7-A because it needs to overcome the plates grinding, the part that affects the surface is 7-C. Also it's perfectly possible for EQs to only last a handful of seconds

Meant in as in because the feat's already not accepted let's go for the lowest possible interpretation. So Armor you think 7-C is valid for the feat right? It's a realistic depiction?

I don't think anything Baki really fits the concept of "realistic" but it's the end I would go with

The most unrealistic thing is Baki being able to afford living on his own. Where does he even get the money? Also yeah better go with the lower end to be safe.

It's not a conservative thing, the energy of an earthquake is 7-A because it needs to overcome the plates grinding, the part that affects the surface is 7-C. Also it's perfectly possible for EQs to only last a handful of seconds
If he did not suppress the source, then the waves would continue to be emitted. Hence the source was suppressed.

Let's do Yujiro 7-A

Why is his slow ass only supersonic!!! Also nah Baki wouldn't do that. His father wouldn't either. Or his Grandpa for that matter! Though I think Baki would be the inheritor of his mother's fortune so that's where the cash may come from.
his grandpa is the goat, dude looks chill af

but if baki is the inheritor of his mother's fortune he would have been choked to death long ago

appearently his mother's back was broken by yujiro and she died, poor soul sang him a lulaby till she died

yuichiro is the best hanma to exist

yujiro, he is a lunatic so choking his child to death for being weak is not beyond him
Because he would need his mother's money to survive?

Yuichiro was goat. Shame Yujiro never understood that and thought of him as a little bitch.

Because he would need his mother's money to survive?
everything in the verse is weak compared to yujiro

he is the tsugikuni yoriichi of baki so literally everyone is weak to him

yoriichi is still superior tho

Yuichiro was goat. Shame Yujiro never understood that and thought of him as a little bitch.
my favorite character in baki imo

all hail yuichiro hanma! the best hanma to ever grace the baki series

"Also it's perfectly possible for EQs to only last a handful of seconds"
uhh....hate to be that guy but if we're going for that interpretation then there really is no evidence that yujiro stopped the earthquake, for it may as well have stopped by itself and not due to his punch

uhh....hate to be that guy but if we're going for that interpretation then there really is no evidence that yujiro stopped the earthquake, for it may as well have stopped by itself and not due to his punch

The anime gives a better show at it with Strydum even saying he possible have stopped more than just earthquakes:

If he was alone maybe but multiple people did comment that he stopped it. Of course noone there knows for sure but it's both unlikely and doesn't feat into the portrayal of Yujiro.

If you want to ignore all semblance of narrative context. Yes there is that interpretation

Yeah basically that. Some people in Baki may do empty threads. But most serious fighters keep their words let alone Yujiro who first informs someone and then kidnaps him. It would make no sense to make his show of power bullshit and also many people stated that he did stop it. The only weird statement was Strydum's and even he opens up with "That was the power that defeated Gaia, God of the Earth?" which would mean the planet and not Gaia the super soldier I would believe.

If you want to ignore all semblance of narrative context. Yes there is that interpretation
thing here is both sides are somehwat right, the baki verse is full of claims with the feats all being tier 8 to tier 9, unless i'm missing something this is the only tier 7 feat the series has so i'm really not ignoring anything

this shit confusing anyways, i'll just stick to my first opinion

thing here is both sides are somehwat right, the baki verse is full of claims with the feats all being tier 8 to tier 9, unless i'm missing something this is the only tier 7 feat the series has so i'm really not ignoring anything

this shit confusing anyways, i'll just stick to my first opinion

It would be best to say the author didn't know the exact power he wanted the verse to be at but I don't think that matters much.

It would be best to say the author didn't know the exact power he wanted the verse to be at but I don't think that matters much.
does any author actually know what power level he wants his verse to at?

i severely doubt that, otherwise anti feats wouldn't exist lmao

Feat of stopping an earthquake does not happen instantly. Why don't we just take the timeframe from the anime? This would yield a yield of 150 tons of TNT

It's done with one strike, right? Timeframe doesn't really matter in that case
Yes, but it took about 3-4 seconds of exposure until the earthquake stopped.

I mean, stopping an earthquake as a "braking" makes a lot more sense than a shock, which stops the shaking rather than increasing it

fist impacted the ground for a certain time. The main problem with this feat, other than it being a throwaway, is that it doesn't make sense. A strike with the force of an earthquake will only increase the magnitude. I don't understand why it bothers you that we calculate stopping something by the method of stopping something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back