• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
fist impacted the ground for a certain time. The main problem with this feat, other than it being a throwaway, is that it doesn't make sense. A strike with the force of an earthquake will only increase the magnitude. I don't understand why it bothers you that we calculate stopping something by the method of stopping something?
Because it was done with one hit, it doesn't matter how long the energy met the earthquake's, it was still all the result of a single blow.

There is no need to count this as a blow that destroys something.
This is an impact that extinguished (absorbed) energy over a certain period of time. This is exactly the same thing we use for the lightning feat.

Just saw this thread, but I'm happy Yujiro stopping an earthquake is being discussed and considered again, especially with everyone being reminded of the feat of Pickle surviving the extinction event thanks to the anime too. It absolutely wasn't a 'throwaway' moment when it was clearly used to show the massive gap between the Baki and his dad in that instance, and the Pickle feat definitely makes it make more sense of it in being 'consistent' and not an 'outlier' given how close Baki was getting to Yujiro at that point in the story.

Nuclear/military comparison statements are decent supporting evidence too in terms of comparing Yujiro to the destructive capabilities of such bomb, but these feats are definitely more direct and tangible.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread, but I'm happy Yujiro stopping an earthquake is being discussed and considered again, especially with everyone being reminded of the feat of Pickle surviving the extinction event thanks to the anime too. It absolutely wasn't a 'throwaway' moment when it was clearly used to show the massive gap between the Baki and his dad in that instance, and the Pickle feat definitely makes it make more sense of it in being 'consistent' and not an 'outlier' given how close Baki was getting to Yujiro at that point in the story.

Nuclear/military comparison statements are decent supporting evidence too in terms of comparing Yujiro to the destructive capabilities of such bomb, but these feats are definitely more direct and tangible.
Pickle feat was nuked to 8-C due to faulty math

The verse would go back to 7-C

It's fine IMO

Logically it doesn't make sense but Baki is full of broken logic and impossible feats

It seems the clear intent was to show that Yujiro could punch hard enough to cancel out the radiated waves of the earthquake
Is it "Yujiro could punch hard enough to cancel out the radiated waves of the earthquake" or "Yujiro could punch hard enough to slow the tectonic movements of the earth crust causing the earthquake" - this is the question.

Looking into it it was due to the earthquake feat being allegedly invalid. I'm not really convinced by that to begin with but yeah I dunno why you wouldn't just switch to this feat.
Which is the question:
Reasons for the earthquake stopping feat considered invalid?

The thread was here. The calc was dismissed because the thread said he stopped movement of the Tectonic Plate itself, which would be 294+ Megatons since its total seismic energy and was therefore an outlier.

Don't know how that conclusion was reached but that's why it was removed.
Does the calc also have the shockwave yield in comparison?
Is that being properly dismissed?

Because in the original thread it was said that you would need to affect the tectonic plates as well and not just the radiated waves if I understood the points correctly.
Does the calc also have the shockwave yield in comparison?
Is that being properly dismissed?
As far as I know the value that was on Yujiro's page is taking in mind the radiated waves. To me it's the correct one because it's close to Yujiro's top statements while affecting tectonic plates is beyond that.

it made no sens

you can't stop an earthquake by dropping a nuke on the ground as it wouldn't do anything to as it wouldn't come close to reach the epicenter where the earthquake is originating, a natural earthquake is originating hundreds of kilometers underground, counteracting the radiated waves in the surface, which are only a fraction of the original earthquake, will not prevent further shaking, it would be impossible for yujiro’s punch which did nothing to the ground to somehow affect a natural earthquake and prevent it from occurring.

if the argument is “he stopped the radiated the enrgy” then even then it wouldn’t stop the movement of the plates, the radiated energy is only the energy carried by the seismic waves reaching the surface and not the total energy of the earthquake

Since Yujiro stopped the entirety of a supposedly magnitude 6 earthquake, this means that he not only stopped the radiated waves, but the origin of the earthquake itself, there is no other explanation as to why it would simply stop shaking, as the source of the earthquake, the epicenter hundreds of kilometers underground would just simply continue to release more radiated waves that would reach the surface

the plates also somehow immediately enter a state of rest as it was before, instead of an aftershock occuring due to the displaced crust adjusting to the effects of the main earthquake

there are also 4 main different waves that reach the surface, a single punch can't stop all them unless the origin of the earthquake is stopped as well

as stated by therfir, the feat itself makes no sense and breaks the laws of physics, you can't stop an earthquake by punching the ground as that's the equivalent of trying to put out a fire by pouring more fuel onto it, a powerful impact would only create more stress on the surface making things worse instead of stopping the earthquake

this^ can sum up the arguments presented against the earthquake feat, it heavily puts the question of wether the feat should be taken seriously or not considering the punch 100% carried supernatural properties that may not even have anything to do with energy output, such as earth stabilizing properties

altough i can see the argument which constitutes of ignoring the laws of physics in favor of keeping this feat due to multiple statements in verse of yujiro being above nuclear weapons altough shmeaty did provide a panel where it's shown this was never comfirmed as they never even dropped a nuke on him

it also ignores the fact that even if we do ignore physics we have no idea if he actually stopped it using energy output or some kind of supernatural means or even if he did stop it at all or it just stopped by itself going by the last interpretation we were discussing

the arguments in favor seem to be lacking a sufficiently consistent logical basis, but it seems everyone is oddly in favor of it, so i guess let's see

hope this clears it up

edit: been a long time i've been here so if i missed something, please do let me know, much appreciated

Considering noone commented on how supernatural it was or anything beyond this being a feat of strenght it's pretty evident how the inverse characters and thus the mangaka considers it. Trying to apply more logic would be going against the content provided and applying stuff that frankly doesn't exist instead of just accepting the feat as is.

Here is the people's reactions after the feat is done. They say nothing about powers and such. Just pure strenght and also Strydum commenting on his confidence. But also telling how he basically beat the planet.

it made no sens

you can't stop an earthquake by dropping a nuke on the ground as it wouldn't do anything to as it wouldn't come close to reach the epicenter where the earthquake is originating, a natural earthquake is originating hundreds of kilometers underground, counteracting the radiated waves in the surface, which are only a fraction of the original earthquake, will not prevent further shaking, it would be impossible for yujiro’s punch which did nothing to the ground to somehow affect a natural earthquake and prevent it from occurring.

if the argument is “he stopped the radiated the enrgy” then even then it wouldn’t stop the movement of the plates, the radiated energy is only the energy carried by the seismic waves reaching the surface and not the total energy of the earthquake

Since Yujiro stopped the entirety of a supposedly magnitude 6 earthquake, this means that he not only stopped the radiated waves, but the origin of the earthquake itself, there is no other explanation as to why it would simply stop shaking, as the source of the earthquake, the epicenter hundreds of kilometers underground would just simply continue to release more radiated waves that would reach the surface

the plates also somehow immediately enter a state of rest as it was before, instead of an aftershock occuring due to the displaced crust adjusting to the effects of the main earthquake

there are also 4 main different waves that reach the surface, a single punch can't stop all them unless the origin of the earthquake is stopped as well

as stated by therfir, the feat itself makes no sense and breaks the laws of physics, you can't stop an earthquake by punching the ground as that's the equivalent of trying to put out a fire by pouring more fuel onto it, a powerful impact would only create more stress on the surface making things worse instead of stopping the earthquake

this^ can sum up the arguments presented against the earthquake feat, it heavily puts the question of wether the feat should be taken seriously or not considering the punch 100% carried supernatural properties that may not even have anything to do with energy output, such as earth stabilizing properties

altough i can see the argument which constitutes of ignoring the laws of physics in favor of keeping this feat due to multiple statements in verse of yujiro being above nuclear weapons altough shmeaty did provide a panel where it's shown this was never comfirmed as they never even dropped a nuke on him

it also ignores the fact that even if we do ignore physics we have no idea if he actually stopped it using energy output or some kind of supernatural means or even if he did stop it at all or it just stopped by itself going by the last interpretation we were discussing

the arguments in favor seem to be lacking a sufficiently consistent logical basis, but it seems everyone is oddly in favor of it, so i guess let's see

hope this clears it up

edit: been a long time i've been here so if i missed something, please do let me know, much appreciated
agree, that's why I suggested using the stopping method by dividing the energy by the amount of time. So this suggests not that Yujiro stopped the earthquake with a wave of magical anti-energy, but absorbed that energy with his hand, which would make it more of a feat of durability. It's as if you stopped the vibration of a metal rod while starting to hold it

Considering noone commented on how supernatural it was or anything beyond this being a feat of strenght it's pretty evident how the inverse characters and thus the mangaka considers it. Trying to apply more logic would be going against the content provided and applying stuff that frankly doesn't exist instead of just accepting the feat as is.

Here is the people's reactions after the feat is done. They say nothing about powers and such. Just pure strenght and also Strydum commenting on his confidence. But also telling how he basically beat the planet.
5-B Yujiro

That would make even less sense. Just because he inserted his fist some cm into the ground he was able to absord be shock?

5-B Yujiro
You know I would never support this. I don't even support Yujiro affecting the plates as that is too much for most of the statements he has. 7-C though fits perfectly with the hype around him.

Considering noone commented on how supernatural it was or anything beyond this being a feat of strenght
it's not like they're omniscient either, so i don't see the point?

it's pretty evident how the inverse characters and thus the mangaka considers it.
if a mangaka wanted to make the characters 5B by making them destroy a wall, would the intent matter then?

author intent has nothing to do with how we calc feats and what we consider them to be, it's the logic behind their workings

Trying to apply more logic would be going against the content provided and applying stuff that frankly doesn't exist instead of just accepting the feat as is.
....you can't treat physics as a myth, that's not how powerscaling works, accepting the feat as is is what we're already doing, that's why the feat is considered to be supernatural in nature, and thus ignoring the laws of physics is the only way to make it work

..that also proves nothing

agree, that's why I suggested using the stopping method by dividing the energy by the amount of time. So this suggests not that Yujiro stopped the earthquake with a wave of magical anti-energy, but absorbed that energy with his hand, which would make it more of a feat of durability. It's as if you stopped the vibration of a metal rod while starting to hold it
that also doesn't really make sens?

this requires yujiro to be absorbing the energy of the entire earthquake from hundreds of kilometers underground to himself, that would give yujiro energy absorption and a huge range with it as well, and so far he never really demonstrated nor even used energy absorption?

...tbh, that also seems a little iffy

baki needs more god damn feats, this one really ain't cutting it

it's not like they're omniscient either, so i don't see the point?
I'm off the opinion that characters are used to convey Knowledge to the audience. While you could claim that they are ignorant you could also apply that to us and they are actually created by the author who made the feat possible.
if a mangaka wanted to make the characters 5B by making them destroy a wall, would the intent matter then?

author intent has nothing to do with how we calc feats and what we consider them to be, it's the logic behind their workings
But he didn't claim it after destroying a wall but after an earthquake. There was no claim just a perfectly clear feat.
....you can't treat physics as a myth, that's not how powerscaling works, accepting the feat as is is what we're already doing, that's why the feat is considered to be supernatural in nature, and thus ignoring the laws of physics is the only way to make it work
The feat is not supernatural in nature. It just can't be done using actual logic. We can't expect the mangaka to know about all that however but we can calc what he thought would happen.

Why is this a fucking discussion again? He punched the earthquake. The earthquake stopped. You literally don't need to think about this any more than that.
A blow with the force of an earthquake would have intensified it. So you need to look for another method

A blow with the force of an earthquake would have intensified it. So you need to look for another method
Talking to mfs on VSBW is like punching someone in a dream, you see the swing hit and then there's just no result, it phases through, like they weren't even there when you threw it.

The energy of the punch

Countered the energy of the earthquake

It's really easy

Last edited:
Talking to mfs on VSBW is like punching someone in a dream, you see the swing hit and then there's just no result, it phases through, like they weren't even there to get hit by it.

The energy of the punch

It's really easy
Intangible vsbw members.

Why is this a fucking discussion again? He punched the earthquake. The earthquake stopped. You literally don't need to think about this any more than that.
okay then, how?

do you know how the earthquake stopped?

was his punch carrying supernatural earth stabilizing properties?

did he absorb all the enegy within the earthquake to himself?

you're looking at the sequence of events while already having determined the method of how the earthquake stopped without any evidence on your part

punch happened-> something in the punch nullified the earthqake's energy -> the earthquake stopped

what kind of ability nullified the earthquake's energy?

THE ENERGY OF THE PUNCH

COUNTERED THE ENERGY OF THE EARTHQUAKE

THAT'S IT
does said energy scales to his physicals or is it just hax?
as i said, you're only assuming the method of how the earthquake stopped, you provided zero evidence of why that shouldn be the case

okay then, how?
It doesn't matter how. It's a gross oversimplification and misunderstanding of how the energy would transfer, just like literally 99% of feats on VSBW (And this is NOT hyperbole). That doesn't make it not a valid feat when the verse clearly lays out how it thinks that happened. It's like saying "oh if this character was going FTL they'd destroy the universe with their KE, so it's not a viable feat".

Last edited:
People really going at the author's like they are supposed to have asked a professor how stuff work before doing something.

Talking to mfs on VSBW is like punching someone in a dream, you see the swing hit and then there's just no result, it phases through, like they weren't even there when you threw it.

The energy of the punch

It's really easy
Vsbw members when something doesn't have tons of lore and is very blatent (they try arguing nonsensical methods that are never implied), also 99.999% sure ochams razors supposrts your argument

It doesn't matter how

...it doesn't matter how, why?
It's a gross oversimplification and misunderstanding of how the energy would transfer,
no, i'm asking that considering the feat is physically impossibe to perform, what kind of method was used to produce the energy and does it scale to his physicals or is just hax?

and do you have any evidence to support your claim?

just like literally 99% of feats on VSBW. That doesn't make it not a valid feat when the verse clearly lays out how it thinks that happened.
you're ignoring my arguments at this point, it doesn't matter how the verse portrays the events, what matters is the physics behind the event, other verses have nothing to do with this either

You're talking about a verse where people perform physically impossible bullshit just to stand up.

The logic behind it is simple; the author is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and simply thought that a stronger force than the earthquake itself would overpower an earthquake. Kind of like how people think that a stronger explosion will overpower a weaker explosion.

It's not some strange hax that doesn't scale to him, and, if it was, Yujiro would've at least mentioned that he looks down on it like he looks down Whip Strike (which isn't even really capable of durability bypassing). And since when is it ever even mentioned or shown that Yujiro can perform hax that doesn't scale to him physically (I stress scale to him because he does have hax-adjacent stuff) with a regular punch?

This is why nobody gives a shit about how illogical the physics behind it is. Assuming it doesn't scale to his punches and isn't the result of kinetic energy/force is more assumptive.

As for applying parameters and calculations to a feat that doesn't make sense, welcome to VSBW. There's like 5 types of feats we give those criteria to: 1) KE feats that don't do shit, 2) laser beams, 3) black holes, 4) energy at FTL speed because that shit is literally incalculable, and 5) feats that exceed the GBE of a celestial body and somehow don't severely damage said celestial body. Sometimes we do scrutinise feats that aren't accurate in terms of their stated scale, but that's about it.

Last edited:
You're talking about a verse where people perform physically impossible bullshit just to stand up.

The logic behind it is simple; the author is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and simply thought that a stronger force than the earthquake itself would overpower an earthquake. Kind of like how people think that a stronger explosion will overpower a weaker explosion.

It's not some strange hax that doesn't scale to him, and, if it was, Yujiro would've looked down on it like he looks down even something like Whip Strike.
Damn why did you have to do that to the author.

and we give them supernatural stats and abilities to make sens of them, i don't see the point of bringing this up?

i bleive i already addressed this

it doesn't matter how the verse nor the author portrays the events, what matters is the physics and workings behind the event

based on your logic

3hGKxzJ.png

here, we see the character disappear in a blinding flash of light and create what looks like sonic booms as he explosively accelerates into a tier of speed actively compared to the speed of light, how fast is he actually?

fast enough to run a 40 yard dash in 4.2 seconds, so around 10-11 meters per second which is not even superhuman speed.

Yet if we go by your logic, i can argue that the author clealy intended for him to be light speed or beyond and simply had no idea how worked since he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, so we should scale him to light speed

too bad there is statement there about 40 yards in 4,2 seconds, so should we ignore how and why the feat happend here as well?

It's not some strange hax that doesn't scale to him
evidence?

and, if it was, Yujiro would've looked down on it like he looks down even something like Whip Strike.
..has nothing to do with the point

And since when is it ever even mentioned that Yujiro can perform hax that doesn't scale to him physically (I stress scale to him because he does have hax-adjacent stuff) with a regular punch?
why does this even matter to my point, i have no idea

This is why nobody gives a shit about how illogical the physics behind it is.
i kind of do, and so should everyone because how he stopped it detremines what he gets

Assuming it doesn't scale to his punches and isn't the result of kinetic energy/force is more assumptive.
...again, this is nothing but a mere assumption

and you also ignored my question

i'm asking that considering the feat is physically impossibe to perform, what kind of method was used to produce the energy and does it scale to his physicals or is just hax?

and do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back