• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Yang Xiao Long vs Inasa Yoarashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
BakiHanma18 said:
If this 20 ton upgrade goes through, will Inasa's wind still be effective? For now I'm thinking Inasa, but that might change
If Yang get's 8B durability he could still ragdoll her but it'd just make it more difficult to KO due to how aura works

Insert creative name here 12 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
If this 20 ton upgrade goes through, will Inasa's wind still be effective? For now I'm thinking Inasa, but that might change
If Yang get's 8B durability he could still ragdoll her but it'd just make it more difficult to KO due to how aura works
Ehhhh... I'm thinking Inasa for now, I'll vote for him

Her semblance would giarantee that she wont be ragdolled

It changes her strength. Wind can be resisted by a strong enough person and she already has feats of overpowering wind users through raw strengrh

You mean Flint's attack? She needed her gauntlets and multiple shots to go through it and Inasa is gonna be much further away than him and can dodge with wind.

He can still ragdoll her by picking her with a tornado or something. Even if he couldn't slap her around on the ground he can just evade her till her semblance times out.

Actually hownstrong is his wind? Iirc it was calced that you only need something likc class 25 lifting strength to withstand hurricane force winds

Also the implication that volume 4 yang, who is an actually smart strategic and skilled fighter would just allow herself to be ragdolled by wind the entire time is laughable

Which would amp her and charge her semblance allowing her to power through his wind even easier

Just out of curiosity though can you show where his wind has actually harmed someone? All it says on his profile is that it blew away Todoroki's flames

Actually, remove my vote. Upon further review of the reasons I used to vote Yang, I feel like they have been debunked already. I'll wait to vote.

She'd need to fly up to even reach him and that would make it that much easier to slam her down.

His wind can shatter Todoroki's ice with ease it has physical force behind it.
She can literally jump, she doesnt need to fly, and if he's pummeling her her semblance will make his wind unable to blow her around as her semblance has allowd her to power through wind attacks before

Also most of the votes for Inasa will be invalid soon seeing as Yang is about to be upgraded to 5+ tons in base

WeeklyBattles said:
She'd need to fly up to even reach him and that would make it that much easier to slam her down.

His wind can shatter Todoroki's ice with ease it has physical force behind it.
She can literally jump, she doesnt need to fly, and if he's pummeling her her semblance will make his wind unable to blow her around as her semblance has allowd her to power through wind attacks before
Wind attacks of what strength?

Volume 1-3 Yang was able to power through wind attacks 5.48 tons in strength using her semblance

This is Volume 4 Yang who is 5 tons in base and 20 tons with her semblance. She would without a doubt be able to power through his wind with her semblance

WeeklyBattles said:
Volume 1-3 Yang was able to power through wind attacks 5.48 tons in strength using her semblance
This is Volume 4 Yang who is 5 tons in base and 20 tons with her semblance. She would without a doubt be able to power through his wind with her semblance
And after powering through the wind, what would she do? Punch and one shot after getting close?

She didn't power through wind with her semblance though. She got blown back just as easily by Flynt, but countered it with her gauntlet blasts. Which Inasa would see and just dodge, then keep spamming.

V4 Yang only uses her Semblance when she absolutely needs to, which is when her aura is nearly out so she can maximize her damage output. By the time she activates her semblance, she'll already be low on aura, and after Inasa stalls her out of it, he wins.

There is no way Yang can close he distance to Inasa, while powering through his wind, and not be dodged. Inasa's true flight and wind manip is way better than her rocket blasts. She can one shot him, but there are too many factors she needs to get though to do so.

He can literally just speed amp away from her if she powers through his wind with her gauntlets, and now she's Wasted her semblance.

She did power through the wind with her semblance, her semblance increases the power of her gauntlet blasts

So you agree she can't power through Inasa's wind without her gauntlet blasts? Which in turn means you agree Inasa can easily react to her going through his wind attacks, and just speed amp away from her as she gets close?

If Yang can power through the wind with her semblance... and only with her gauntlets... but she uses them for mobility... I might switch to Yang

I mean Insana has true flight and can fly seemingly however much he wants so I don't think Yang can still even hit him given she still has a limit while he doesn't.

I'm basing my vote solely on if Yang can tag Insana. So far I'm not convinced she's able to, so I'm voting Insana FRA, until those reasons are debunked entirely.

Should be grace now.

Yang cannot hit Inasa even if she can power through his wind with her semblance. That is the current argumentation.

Not only does v4 Yang not use her semblance as liberally as v1-3 Yang, meaning that she she won't be in it for long, but she doesn't have the mobility to keep up with Inasa's own speed amps. She's going to be getting ragdolled the entire fight until her Semblance kicks in, at which point she HAS to hit Inasa, because if she doesn't, she loses. The problem with hitting Inasa, however, is that not only can he just fly away from her, but he can speed amp himself away, similarly to how she can propel herself with her gauntlets.

Inasa is not competing with Yang in mobility, she is competing with him. Inasa doesn't need to worry about spamming his mobility to get close to his opponent, she does. Inasa doesn't have to worry about his range being completely negated, she does. The only thing Inasa needs to do is not get hit, and he has the perfect tools to not be. Especially against someone like Yang, who he counters in basically every way.

Sora and buff riku said:
I mean Insana has true flight and can fly seemingly however much he wants so I don't think Yang can still even hit him given she still has a limit while he doesn't.
what limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back