• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Yang Xiao Long vs Inasa Yoarashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx I recommend reading our new rules regarding stomps, your opponent being able to oneshot you means nothing when there is no scenario in which they can ever viably do so
You've just been arguing how Yang can viably do so lmao (in one wincon). Going back on it is exactly what you're doing because Inasa has the better Wincons

Its not completely impossible for Yang to touch Inasa with her semblance and ranged attacks. Shes got enough experience too, this just seems to be a desperate endeavour to minimise a RWBY characters losses at this point.

Fair to say more people agree it isnt a stomp than they do too Weekly. Lets keep it a democracy rather than how you think you have the strongest arguments and therefore everyone else is nulled.

I would like to make a vote in this discussion and give my reasons of it, hope we have a good discussion in what little we would have now.

I will vote for Inasa due to him having the AP advantage and range capability and wind control, including air mobility to avoid close combat, allowing for easier ridirecting Yang's blast of kinetic energy due to the power difference. It seems the only way for Yang to have an advantage if she uses her semblance for an AP boost, a last resort. So it's mostly to whether she has the time and mobility to get close for a shot before her Semblance or Aura runs out.

Though while she can has a chance, I would say Inasa has an edge out in skill with his very refined wind control and the obvious high air mobility advantage, which would give him some time for him to wait out for Yang's flame to burn out so to speak, or to accumulate enough damage to break of what is ever left of Yang's Aura.

So I would vote for Inasa.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no this is still a stomp any way you cut it
No, it's not Weekly. In fact, it's such a non-stomp that I'm gonna change my vote to Yang.

Here's why.

1. Inasa cannot damage Yang by picking her up in the air, as she has survived heights much beyond his range of attack.

2. Inasa's wind doesn't have the destructive capability to damage Yang with an AOE.

3. Yang has the AP to power through the full wind power of Inasa, let alone a much weaker AOE wind.

4. For Inasa to ever hurt Yang, he would need to fine tune his wind to a point that Yang can easily dodge.

5. For the same reason as #4, Yang will take this opportunity to shoot at him while his wind is tuned.

6. Yang massively outranges. While the fight is set at 10 meters, there's no reason why she isn't able to run out of his reach and rangespam, given that she powers through his attacks.

7. For reasons #6 and #3, Yang can fly at Inasa close enough to embark in hand-to-hand, where she can arguably one-shot.

8. If speed weren't equalized, Yang would power through his wind through acceleration alone, not to mention an easy speed blitz. Although this can't be used as a wincon in this instance, it's important to note because we've established that this fact makes this match fair.

Excuse me?

Miles are you implying Inasa can't shoot a blast of wind at Yang and dodge her projectiles at the same time? The same dude who picked up hundreds of tiny balls from an entire city block and accurately hit specific spots on 120 people can't do two functions at the same time? Despite being shown to be able to do so with both flying and shooting wind?

Where was it shown his wind is weaker with AoE? He demonstrates perfect enough control that his AP shouldn't change regardless of size, I've never seen any hint that using too much wind weakens the force.

Yang never shoots from hundreds of meters away, and even if she did, her projectiles get negged by Inasa moving them. Also, at that distance, dodging her projectiles wouldn't even be difficult. Moving to range makes the fight worse for Yang, and is VERY out of character.

Yang can only one shot in her Semblance, when she's already almost beaten, and she can only power through with consecutive blasts from her gauntlets. Inasa would move away well before she ever reached him through his wind attacks.

Speed blitzing is irrelevant because speed is equal. This point is irrelevant.

I understand you're trying to prevent this from being a stomp, but calm down on Yang now beating Inasa. You completely ignored half the arguments that made this a stomp in the first place.

Inasa can control his air steams to such a fine degree that he can create countless of them, each tailored to specific size and shape. His AP going down because of "big blasts" has not only never been mentioned, but doesn't even make sense given how his power works.

F93D380D-9DF5-4608-B9F9-FFCA1EBBC1CC

MilesTheMorales1 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no this is still a stomp any way you cut it
No, it's not Weekly. In fact, it's such a non-stomp that I'm gonna change my vote to Yang.

Here's why.

1. Inasa cannot damage Yang by picking her up in the air, as she has survived heights much beyond his range of attack.

2. Inasa's wind doesn't have the destructive capability to damage Yang with an AOE.

3. Yang has the AP to power through the full wind power of Inasa, let alone a much weaker AOE wind.

4. For Inasa to ever hurt Yang, he would need to fine tune his wind to a point that Yang can easily dodge.

5. For the same reason as #4, Yang will take this opportunity to shoot at him while his wind is tuned.

6. Yang massively outranges. While the fight is set at 10 meters, there's no reason why she isn't able to run out of his reach and rangespam, given that she powers through his attacks.

7. For reasons #6 and #3, Yang can fly at Inasa close enough to embark in hand-to-hand, where she can arguably one-shot.

8. If speed weren't equalized, Yang would power through his wind through acceleration alone, not to mention an easy speed blitz. Although this can't be used as a wincon in this instance, it's important to note because we've established that this fact makes this match fair.
1. When? I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering if you could give a reference for this.

2. This depends on how far away Yang is from Inasa. Cuz like, if you look for the reference of Inasa's range, it wasn't blowing anybody away, just making their clothes and hair flap (it would do less to Yang with Aura). However, once again, if Yang tries to combat him physically, cuz that's like the only way she can do damage to him, she will get CAUGHT. Like, straightup. But I do partially side with you on this point. Inasa's AOE is bigger than his Attack Potency with the range.

3. Well, I wouldn't say she has the AP to power through. Her attacks, which mainly do damage physically, can't power through Inasa's wind. Possibly Dura with Aura though. Which even so, she can't power through the FULL power. I mean, Volume 1-3, Nevermores took the entire Team RWBY to take down. In Vol 4, Yang is comparable to Ruby, who can one-shot them. So...I won't say baseline. I'll say...3 tons or so. Inasa's wind would still be more than 2.5x stronger, even when we give Yang the benefit of a doubt. (However, Yang doesn't have a calc and should technically be assumed to be baseline, but I said 3 tons anyway. Although, Yang could get past AOE winds.

4. Even when he didn't particularly focus his wind, he could counter Shouto's fire, which is 7.8 tons.

5. ...

6. 2 problems: A: Inasa can just use wind to either bring her back or ragdoll her as she tries to run. B: Yang isn't a runner, she's a fighter. Typically, Yang wouldn't be the one to run from a situation because it seems "too difficult", she'll fight until she gets too pummeled.

7. I originally thought that Yang could one-shot Inasa, but then I myself came to a realization. Inasa's dura scales to Todoroki who took a smash from 5% Deku. You know. The Deku that scales to Bakugou's 1.05 ton explosion? Yeah, that Deku. Which means, if Yang could one-shot him, she would have to have at least 7.875 tons of output, meaning if she doesn't have a +, she's not one-shotting.

8: I won't argue with this one, because it's talking about if speed weren't equalized.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Miles are you implying Inasa can't shoot a blast of wind at Yang and dodge her projectiles at the same time? The same dude who picked up hundreds of tiny balls from an entire city block and accurately hit specific spots on 120 people can't do two functions at the same time? Despite being shown to be able to do so with both flying and shooting wind?
No, I said Yang can dodge the wind that could possibly damage her; If Inasa can dodge back then so be it, but Yang is dodging his attacks as well.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Where was it shown his wind is weaker with AoE? He demonstrates perfect enough control that his AP shouldn't change regardless of size, I've never seen any hint that using too much wind weakens the force.
I think you might be confusing lifting strength with AP. Sure, he can lift a lot of heavy objects with AoE as shown in your scan, but that doesn't mean his quirk gives him that much destructive capability outside of a focused strike. I'm open to a scan that says otherwise.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Yang never shoots from hundreds of meters away, and even if she did, her projectiles get negged by Inasa moving them. Also, at that distance, dodging her projectiles wouldn't even be difficult. Moving to range makes the fight worse for Yang, and is VERY out of character.
I agree with this. Consider the Yang-Range wincon conceded; Her character is more hand-to-hand than anything else.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Yang can only one shot in her Semblance, when she's already almost beaten, and she can only power through with consecutive blasts from her gauntlets. Inasa would move away well before she ever reached him through his wind attacks.
What about in this clip where she wasn't even close to being beaten, and yet used her semblance strategically to beat her opponent? If Inasa moves away, Yang would just change directions and eventually catch up to him.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Speed blitzing is irrelevant because speed is equal. This point is irrelevant.
Agreed 100% until further notice.

Kingofwolves999 said:
I understand you're trying to prevent this from being a stomp, but calm down on Yang now beating Inasa. You completely ignored half the arguments that made this a stomp in the first place.
My apologies, and thanks for calling me out. My vote still stands for now, I only switched sides originally because the argument for Yang winning was so weak at the time. I'm gonna keep arguing now for the sake of debate, not just because I want Yang to not get stomped.

The clip you linked was volume 7 Yang, who fights differently from v4-5 Yang. This Yang theoretically could use her Semblance like that, but at the point in time given by OP, she hasn't thought of that way of fighting yet. This Yang is actually still in the midst of using her semblance correctly, so her tactics and fighting style can't really compare to her v7 self.

Inasa has fought a total of Zero times, so scans on him are pretty nonexistent. Best feat he has aoe wise is when he easily blew away dozens of people and casually broke tons of Todoroki's ice at the same time just from showing up to fight. I think that's enough to say that he doesn't need to concentrate his wind so much that it loses its aoe in order to attack with it. Add on his ridiculously fine control, and I'm hard pressed to see how he needs to sacrifice aoe for AP, at least not in a large enough amount to be doing practically no damage.

Cool.

Not sure why youre bumping a thread that is 1) Deemed a stomp and 2) Now outdated due to Yang being upgraded

Why is this still open either way?

Weekly is correct, Inasa was also upgraded to 8-B scaling from Todoroki's extremely casual High 8-C+.

A boring ending to a match that was extended on for so long.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because i cant close threads and no one else wanted to
Yellows just have low power level.

Well, regardless of anything else, grace has been over for quite a while, I think. So, if it's going to be added, then someone should do it already and close the thread. If grace isn't over, then, I am voting Inconclusive. My reasoning for this is that, I while agree with all the counterarguments given as to why Inasa has the edge, Inasa's wind is not particularly destructive either. Ragdolling Yang is not a winning condition. So it's going to be harder than some people say, and I think this would be a decent fight. They both are stated to have very high stamina, and I think the winner would be decided by whoever outlasts the other. This is assuming they fight optimally, of course, because I think a lot of the strategies presented in this thread are non-optimal and wouldn't realistically happen. For example, Yang would try her best to converse her aura, and Inasa would try try his best to conserve energy. It's not like they wouldn't fight, of course, but saying Yang would try to force her way through sheer brute force without thinking about the limits of her aura is out of character for volume 4-5 Yang and doesn't match her intelligence. Similarly, Inasa making random mistakes absolutely is unrealistic given his intelligence is even higher than Yang's per profile. So I don't see how this doesn't ultimately boil down to the stamina. Either Yang gets tired first, or Inasa gets tired first, and the other wins. But because there isn't a good way of arguing for who gets tired first, I don't see anything else except Inconclusive.

Incon FRA.

I dont really see how Inasa is gonna get tired via ragdolling. His quirk can be used largely and casually, where it doesnt exactly exert physical strain, meanwhile ragdolling would wear Yang out quicker and she wouldn't be conservative with her aura seeing as she needs to build up damage.

Inasa has extremely high precision as stated by one of the examiners that arc, and really he only failed due to personal issues with Todoroki and he fact his fire made the wind manip unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back