• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are the statements? i don't remember any tbh
The statements at the Pokemon Mansion, how the scientist aimed to create the strongest Pokemon and the infamous: "we succeeded".

Should be noted, the pokédex never states Mewtwo is the strongest. The statements of the strongest only apply in Kanto (and likely Johto).

The statements at the Pokemon Mansion, how the scientist aimed to create the strongest Pokemon and the infamous: "we succeeded".

Should be noted, the pokédex never states Mewtwo is the strongest. The statements of the strongest only apply in Kanto (and likely Johto).
interesting, so i propose we just scale to the gen 6 legends

How do we explain Mewtwo only being discoverable and fought after beating Diantha in XY though?
Which is why I personally support him scaling to High 6-A based on the gen 6 legends.

But it seems the rest want to limit this sort of scaling to their respective gens (which would completely solve the Birds scaling bs ovo)

Me no really get how being unlockable after a big fight, means they're stronger than said fight
Giratina isn't stronger than Volo (Who also uses Giratina)

why can't we just make a key for the gen 4 version of the birds?
I'm not exactly opposed, but I can also see how that brings more problems. Like, why don't we make keys for every gen for every legendary (that this applies to)? Why are the birds so special in that sense? When simply, they don't have to scale. Which also brings another thing: Why should we use this kind of scaling at all?

At the end of the day, this entire thing is an assumption. A reasonable one imo, but an assumption nonetheless.

We have no canon reason or way to know that these legends can give fight to the protagonists, and thus should receive scaling to their progress at that point (...besides their level when encountered).

I'm not exactly opposed, but I can also see how that brings more problems. Like, why don't we make keys for every gen for every legendary (that this applies to)? Why are the birds so special in that sense? When simply, they don't have to scale. Which also brings another thing: Why should we use this kind of scaling at all?
isn't normal for us to give a character another key when they are shown greater feats along the time of a story? how is this different than, say, naruto from the first arc to naruto from the last arc?

At the end of the day, this entire thing is an assumption. A reasonable one imo, but an assumption nonetheless.

We have no canon reason or way to know that these legends can give fight to the protagonists, and thus should receive scaling to their progress at that point (...besides their level when encountered).
levels are even canon? also they could have got stronger

isn't normal for us to give a character another key when they are shown greater feats along the time of a story? how is this different than, say, naruto from the first arc to naruto from the last arc?
I don't think I should have to explain why the legendary birds of all Pokemon being 2-B to 2-A makes no sense, even if it's for a different key

I don't respect wank
Your personal bias doesn’t change the fact that Journeys Ash > Leon > Cynthia ~ Palkia is the scale based on the events that occur in the anime

If you wish to contribute to the thread, it needs to be productive

you know what? fair enough about the birds not scaling to gen 4, but the likes of mewtwo should scale to gen 6 since he has no other feats

Your personal bias doesn’t change the fact that Journeys Ash > Leon > Cynthia ~ Palkia is the scale based on the events that occur in the anime

If you wish to contribute to the thread, it needs to be productive
You might as well scale Alain to Primal Groudon and Stevens Metagross to Kyogre then
Might as well make Ash Sceptile MFTL+ because it can catch Deoxys
Might as well give Pikachu 5D AP because it can hurt Arceus without the plates
Might as well give the main protagonist of PLA 5D durability and AP because it can trade blows with Arceus

You might as well scale Alain to Primal Groudon and Stevens Metagross to Kyogre then
what is the problem if they have feats?
if he has the feats then why not?
he is weaker without them and it would be an outlier by that point in time
Might as well give the main protagonist of PLA 5D durability and AP because it can trade blows with Arceus
what would be the problem?

Yes, we're doing that (well mainly Steven because Alain got clapped)
If Deoxys in the anime is MFTL+ then yes
The director of that movie admitted to nerfing Arceus for the sake of the plot so it'd be Plot-Induced Stupidity
Yes, we're doing that
There's too many problems if Ash is scaled to 2A.

I don't want to deal with that
What problems? It's only Journeys Ash

I'm not exactly opposed, but I can also see how that brings more problems. Like, why don't we make keys for every gen for every legendary (that this applies to)? Why are the birds so special in that sense?

The main thing I can think of is that the Birbs are a group of species rather than a group of individuals. The Birbs in Sinnoh are very likely different from the ones in Kanto. Whether that warrants these individuals jumping from Tier 6 to 2 is another question.

The main thing I can think of is that the Birbs are a group of species rather than a group of individuals. The Birbs in Sinnoh are very likely different from the ones in Kanto. Whether that warrants these individuals jumping from Tier 6 to 2 is another question.
And where are you getting this from?

Alain would've been tier 3 a long time ago because his Charizard defeated 50% Zygarde
Well since we're banning cross scaling with anything that isn't the Creation Trio, he'd be Low 5-B, scaling to 50% Zygarde, who scales to 1/2 as strong as Complete Zygarde, who could destroy the Megalith stated to have enough energy to destroy the world

But prior to this split, yes, he very much should've been 3-C to High 3-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back