• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't we give them a gen 4 key? there are more than just 1 of each right? maybe the natives of sinnoh are stronger?
Well we could also just make any unknown legendaries "At least 6-C" via scaling above final evos

I just don't want to end up with Mewtwo at 6-C somehow LMAO
What we got to do next is anime stats

Anime profiles will be for Trainer Pokémon and special wild Pokémon like Team Rocket Bewear.
WOOOOOOO YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways the first order of business is fixing the absolute mess that is Ash's profile. I've made a sandbox that I can link again if needed, but I also understand that the speed section especially needs some looking into given I haven't fully accounted for the cross-scaling split

Well we could also just make any unknown legendaries "At least 6-C" via scaling above final evos
yeah maybe that works

I just don't want to end up with Mewtwo at 6-C somehow LMAO
tbf mewtwo is post game in gen 6, so he would be high 6-A which considering the rest of them makes mewtwo quite low tier legendary lol

Anyways the first order of business is fixing the absolute mess that is Ash's profile. I've made a sandbox that I can link again if needed, but I also understand that the speed section especially needs some looking into given I haven't fully accounted for the cross-scaling split
does any of the gen 7 legends have any feats of speed in the anime?

tbf mewtwo is post game in gen 6, so he would be high 6-A which considering the rest of them makes mewtwo quite low tier legendary lol
I feel like it’d make more sense to base the legends off of their own generations and games, so R/B/Y and FR/LG for Mewtwo.

I feel like it’d make more sense to base the legends off of their own generations and games, so R/B/Y and FR/LG for Mewtwo.
Do I need to explain the problem with the Pokémon genetically engineered to be the strongest being only 6-C?

It is the strongest in Gen 1 so-
Why limit the scope to Gen 1 tho? Mewtwo’s a bit of a special case compared to other legendaries because of how it was made to be the strongest. Even as later gens have released, that narrative remains the same

I refuse to believe in Mewtwo being only 6-C

Why limit the scope to Gen 1 tho? Mewtwo’s a bit of a special case compared to other legendaries because of how it was made to be the strongest. Even as later gens have released, that narrative remains the same

Unless we’re gonna scale Mewtwo above the Creation Trio, it being “the strongest” doesn’t mean a whole lot outside of its own generation.

Maybe it could scale above the Weather Trio if we take the statements to mean it’s the strongest in Generation 3, but aside from that, I don’t see it being anything other than 6-C.

yeah just scale him of gen 6 and call it a day, i don't see a reason to limit the scale to just the origin game they appeared in, like mewtwo's only thing in gen 1 is being the strongest wild encounter, it doesn't contradict his appearance in gen 6

Unless we’re gonna scale Mewtwo above the Creation Trio, it being “the strongest” doesn’t mean a whole lot outside of its own generation.

Maybe it could scale above the Weather Trio if we take the statements to mean it’s the strongest in Generation 3, but aside from that, I don’t see it being anything other than 6-C.
I’d take it for any Gen where Mewtwo is in the regional Dex (so Gens 1, 3, and 6), because those more actively acknowledge Mewtwo as a whole

So… High 6-A

I say lowest because, take Gen 4 for example... We're not making Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno 2-B to 2-A
Yes we will-

I’d take it for any Gen where Mewtwo is in the regional Dex (so Gens 1, 3, and 6), because those more actively acknowledge Mewtwo as a whole

So… High 6-A
No HeartGold and SoulSilver? Also, I'm assuming we're not going to use SwSh's expansion pass in this?

Actually, what do you mean by any Gen where Mewtwo is in the regional Dex? Do you mean just any Gen that gives Mewtwo a PokeDex entry or any Gen that allows you to get Mewtwo without needing to trade? (Excluding Ultra Sun & Moon of course.)

So… High 6-A
I really don’t see why would consider the statements to include Generation 6 as well, but it doesn’t really matter because it’d be High 6-A via scaling above Groudon and Kyogre anyway.

I don't think these scientists have enough information about all legendaries for us to extend that statement beyond Kanto region.

But aren’t the tier 6 feats those legends perform, in legend? So they should have a fair idea of how strong those Pokémon are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back