• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really not in-context imo. However, what it does is limit the actual scale of it's main subject, limitations that aren't showcased anywhere else, and as such, should be disregarded.
No, it just is. The director literally admitted that the “incomplete without the plates” thing was introduced just so Arceus wouldn’t be too broken for the plot. Using anything it brings as “anti-feats” should really be taken with a grain of salt

That's not stupid, tho. It's actually a pretty good weakness. It's just not present anywhere else.
It’s Plot-Induced Stupidity because it was just created for this movie for the sake of nerfing Arceus because it’d be too broken for the plot otherwise

That’s legit textbook Plot-Induced Stupidity

It’s Plot-Induced Stupidity because it was just created for this movie for the sake of nerfing Arceus because it’d be too broken for the plot otherwise

That’s legit textbook Plot-Induced Stupidity
Arceus had 0 appearances in the anime at the time. Barely even any backstory at all. (Hell, he hadn't even appeared officially in the games)

They introduced a imo very logical weakness, that tied neatly to what the Plates told us in the games (being that they are shards of the universe). An avatar of a god that can only live when in possession of parts of creation itself, and when you take them away, he becomes more limited.

Agree to disagree, lol.

Also, the term “Plot-Induced Stupidity” doesn’t have to do with if you think it’s stupid or not, funnily enough. The term just refers to events that go against what is established just for the sake of the plot. If you think it’s a logical weakness, that’s fine, but going by the definition it’s PIS

It's simple. Because of the nature of the plates in PLA and its function as described within it, does not include nor imply the usage of a defensive mechanism of any sot
i am confused, you said that the plates defensive mechanism is what makes arceus low 1-C, and then when i pointed that he had them, you said that they don't have a mechanism? what are you even talking about anymore?

Or do you presume everyone who fights your Arceus is low 1C?
what would be the problem?
also you know that the number of people who did fight arceus is very small right?

prove what exactly?

The proposal does not match up to what is on the profile.

It's the fault of whoever placed it there. That means we're not going to make the player low 1C. The profile just needs to be clear
for now the player would scale, possibly even after the profile is fixed, but if what you are saying is right then someone should fix it

i am confused, you said that the plates defensive mechanism is what makes arceus low 1-C, and then when i pointed that he had them, you said that they don't have a mechanism? what are you even talking about anymore?
What's your issue exactly?

Arceus body is not low 1C, neither was that remotely implied in any way. Especially when he was testing yjethe player as he does all the tine

That makes any Argument for low 1C player moot. What are you affecting of his that is low 1C? Nothing. So no Low 1C
what would be the problem?
also you know that the number of people who did fight arceus is very small right?

prove what exactly?
Prove that everyone who fights your Arceus is low 1C.

Going by your logic, that's the implications here
for now the player would scale, possibly even after the profile is fixed, but if what you are saying is right then someone should fix it
No one is scaling to low 1C here so you can rest assured

What's your issue exactly?

Arceus body is not low 1C,
as by the current profile it is, make a crt to change it if you have a problem with it
neither was that remotely implied in any way. Especially when he was testing yjethe player as he does all the tine
That makes any Argument for low 1C player moot. What are you affecting of his that is low 1C? Nothing. So no Low 1C
this is not db, there is no way for you to lower your durability, which is low 1-C in this case

Prove that everyone who fights your Arceus is low 1C.

Going by your logic, that's the implications here
yes it is, problem?

No one is scaling to low 1C here so you can rest assured
well if you say so, just link to the thread when you make to fix it

I'm going to play this game on and on till you give up. Okay let's continue
as by the current profile it is, make a crt to change it if you have a problem with it

this is not db, there is no way for you to lower your durability, which is low 1-C in this case
Again, Arceus possessing all plates does not make him Low 1C at all

Arceus does not possess low durability on his own. Which is why he can be nuked if he doesn't use the plates to neg the powers, as shown in JOL

He doesn't utilize the defensive capabilities of his plates = There 0 low 1C thing here. So there's no low 1C scaling here at all.
yes it is, problem?
Prove it. I'm waiting

Oh, so you have an Arceus in your party so you fighting Pikachu in the wild makes Pikachu low 1C?
well if you say so, just link to the thread when you make to fix it
No need. I'll just go over the old thread and ask a mod of edit it.

It's not anything to make a new crt, just a minor change

What the hell do you even mean by "Arceus body is not low 1-C" ?

I made it clear in the CRT that he can negate low 1C stuff with plates, not that he's physically 5D

Did you, or did you not read it and agree to it?

So why are we having this discussion here?

I made it clear in the CRT that he can negate low 1C stuff with plates, not that he's physically 5D

Did you, or did you not read it and agree to it?

So why are we having this discussion here?
So he's still tier 2 but with 5D power null?

I'm going to play this game on and on till you give up. Okay let's continue

Arceus does not possess low durability on his own. Which is why he can be nuked if he doesn't use the plates to neg the powers, as shown in JOL

He doesn't utilize the defensive capabilities of his plates = There 0 low 1C thing here. So there's no low 1C scaling here at all.
i am going to very clear now, in the profile, there is absolutely nothing of what you are talking about, arceus is just low 1-C in the profile, the plates are never cited in the profile, if that is a mistake in the profile, then fix it, until then, if we were to make a PLA player key, they would scale since arceus would be low 1-C since that is what it is in the profile, again if it is a mistake then fix it, i am just clarifying that the scale would happen as the way the profile is now

Prove it. I'm waiting

Oh, so you have an Arceus in your party so you fighting Pikachu in the wild makes Pikachu low 1C?
this argument doesn't work, i have a charizard in my party, so is pikachu 6-C? i have a dialga in my party, so is pikachu 2-B/2-A
? i have a necrozma in my party, so is pikachu 3-C/high 3-A? see the problem? wild encounters were never used for scale, they would not be used here ever
No need. I'll just go over the old thread and ask a mod of edit it.

It's not anything to make a new crt, just a minor change
ok then good, let us stop then

i am going to very clear now, in the profile, there is absolutely nothing of what you are talking about, arceus is just low 1-C in the profile, the plates are never cited in the profile, if that is a mistake in the profile, then fix it, until then, if we were to make a PLA player key, they would scale since arceus would be low 1-C since that is what it is in the profile, again if it is a mistake then fix it, i am just clarifying that the scale would happen as the way the profile is now
That's the fault of the person who edited the profile, and not the proposals I made

You're not allowed under any circumstances to use that as an argument, when I've made you aware it's an error that was made on his profile. We're not going to make anyone low 1C when the premise of it is an error that was overlooked and is going to be corrected
this argument doesn't work, i have a charizard in my party, so is pikachu 6-C? i have a dialga in my party, so is pikachu 2-B/2-A
? i have a necrozma in my party, so is pikachu 3-C/high 3-A? see the problem? wild encounters were never used for scale, they would not be used here ever
Sure. I realised that's just crap game mechanics
ok then good, let us stop then
Read first post

That's the fault of the person who edited the profile, and not the proposals I made

You're not allowed under any circumstances to use that as an argument, when I've made you aware it's an error that was made on his profile. We're not going to make anyone low 1C when the premise of it is an error that was overlooked and is going to be corrected

Sure. I realised that's just crap game mechanics

Read first post
ok

Can I ask again why you're using a PIS-filled movie as your only evidence?

Can I ask again why you're using a PIS-filled movie as your only evidence?
Sigh

Arceus can negate all attacks and be unaffected, if he wants to via. I specifically proposed his Power null + Invulnerability scale. He didn't use it, falling in line with his proposition as he's testing a fodder human being and his equally fodder Pikachu= Nothing is scaling to low 1C here

If you want to make player low 1C, make a crt and provide evidence as to why all Arceus hax as well as his physiology is 5D, and why that makes the player's pikachu's 3D lightning bolt have 5D potency for chipping Arceus health, when 3D ground type Pokémon are immune

You can say "he was testing them" all you want but even then, you can't say that about Origin Dialga/Palkia, as they went rampaging. Evidently, the player would be scaling to a higher dimensional tier than 3-D. Also, isn't Arceus' physiology infinitely above Dialga's/Palkia's, which are 4-D, which is the whole basis for Avatar Arceus being 5-D to begin with?

You can say "he was testing them" all you want but even then, you can't say that about Origin Dialga/Palkia, as they went rampaging. Evidently, the player would be scaling to a higher dimensional tier than 3-D. Also, isn't Arceus' physiology infinitely above Dialga's/Palkia's, which are 4-D, which is the whole basis for Avatar Arceus being 5-D to begin with?
This is what I thought as well, specially given the justification used on the profile.

So yeah, until Sniper downgrades it (or tries to... Again...), indeed those that can fight Arceus should be Low 1-C.

You can say "he was testing them" all you want but even then, you can't say that about Origin Dialga/Palkia, as they went rampaging. Evidently, the player would be scaling to a higher dimensional tier than 3-D.
No they do not. The CT that fight the player aren't 4D.

They're all 3D beings. Honestly, that stuff that the CT have some form of abstract form is complete headcannon that I plan to downgrade/remove some time this year. Completely trashed and contradicted with the Origin Forms which are mentioned to be their true forms
Also, isn't Arceus' physiology infinitely above Dialga's/Palkia's, which are 4-D, which is the whole basis for Avatar Arceus being 5-D to begin with?
No, Arceus is a 3D being like everyone else. Nowhere was it mentioned he has an infinitely superior physiology unless you can prove it here. I'll wait
No, the basis for 5D is that Arceus can use his plates to negate/block attacks with his plates, or anything that he can dish out from his plates basically, which is the source of power he used to create his transcendent realm

Something he never did when he fought the player. So I disagree for logical reasons here

That's like saying you would still have wall level durability by being punched by comic book hulk while he was playing around

No they do not. The CT that fight the player aren't 4D.

They're all 3D beings. Honestly, that stuff that the CT have some form of abstract form is complete headcannon that I plan to downgrade/remove some time this year. Completely trashed and contradicted with the Origin Forms which are mentioned to be their true forms
well, they still have tier 2 power and defense, therefore the player would scale to a higher dimensional tier

No, Arceus is a 3D being like everyone else. Nowhere was it mentioned he has an infinitely superior physiology unless you can prove it here. I'll wait
No, the basis for 5D is that Arceus can use his plates to negate/block attacks with his plates, or anything that he can dish out from his plates basically, which is the source of power he used to create his transcendent realm
so we would need a new key for arceus for when he doesn't have his plates, thing that occurred multiple times in the series

Something he never did when he fought the player. So I disagree for logical reasons here
he used his plates

well, they still have tier 2 power and defense, therefore the player would scale to a higher dimensional tier
He wouldn't

Prove their body is 5D/4D, then we'd discuss anything close to that
so we would need a new key for arceus for when he doesn't have his plates, thing that occurred multiple times in the series
No we would not.

he used his plates
To nullify/negate/block anything?

No. No one scales.

why would i need to do that? 3d beings can have higher dimensional power aka tier 2 stats
Did I disagree with that?

I'm asking you to prove the player interacted with any 4D thing in the fight
you know, it would have been cool for you to elaborate
Just as I'm asking of proof of player interacting with 4D/5D and you can't do so?
didn't you say that the defense capabilities scale as well?
Again. Did Arceus use the plates to do anything of that sorts?
No he didn't. He did?

Prove it. It's that simple

NB: I'm completely against anyone scaling to low 1C and I'll oppose it for as long as you push it.

Did I disagree with that?

I'm asking you to prove the player interacted with any 4D thing in the fight

Just as I'm asking of proof of player interacting with 4D/5D and you can't do so?

Again. Did Arceus use the plates to do anything of that sorts?
No he didn't. He did?

Prove it. It's that simple

NB: I'm completely against anyone scaling to low 1C and I'll oppose it for as long as you push it.
Why is fighting a low 1-C character BS in Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back