• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 1: Splitting the Pokemon Canons (Massive Pokemon CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, I think a new CRT is needed, there are over 550 replies and no one is even aware of what's going on.

A new CRT to summarize points for and against would make stuff clearer.

So like a Part 1.5? Sure, but you’d probably need to contact all the staff who voted here all over again

I agree with the OP, but be sure to bold and italicize my name in the OP.

No idea what everyone else is talking about afterwards, though.
This is exactly why a new thread to do this over again is needed now. Several, several counter posts have been made. A very big one by Strym just recently a page ago.

And, no offense, but people coming in to agree and admitting they haven't....seen the rest of the thread, for something extremely and hugely important for this series, doesn't make me confident in the actual counters getting seen.

I'd say this, if points change then we gotta null the votes. If there are no major changes then votes carry over.

This is why I hate multiple paged threads. Most people coming to agree are more than likely not going to be reading through the whole thread, staff especially (and it's even admitted here).

If a vote's to count, both sides arguments need to be taken into consideration before you continue saying "still agree with x".

I'd say this, if points change then we gotta null the votes. If there are no major changes then votes carry over.
Nah, people can very easily come and change their votes if a new point changes their minds. If CRTs had to null votes every time a new argument came it would be a massacre

The counters simply are too weak for people to change their votes gg
Or people who agreed several pages ago didn't come back to see updates. Which happens all the time.

Agnna was the only staff who even saw Strym's latest debunk post, and the recent staff member that commented literally admitted that they had no idea what was being talked about throughout all these pages.

Arceus has mid godly(Dark Matter) , AE 2(Dark Matter), AE1/CM2(Voice of Life) and CM2 life hax(Xerneas) on account of PMD.

Is that going to be affected by this? 🤔

Arceus has mid godly(Dark Matter) , AE 2(Dark Matter), AE1/CM2(Voice of Life) and CM2 life hax(Xerneas) on account of PMD.

Is that going to be affected by this? 🤔
Yup. PMD lacks explicit confirmation of canon. So ye, only the 6 medias I've mentioned will be used.

Yup. PMD lacks explicit confirmation of canon. So ye, only the 6 medias I've mentioned will be used.
Confirmation as in? I fail to see how those you mentioned has any better canon. Anything with TPC seal on it is canon, or hosted on their site.

Link cable exists there. Something that was developed by humans in the main multiverse

An intriguing cable used for linking unknown devices. It helps certain kinds of Pokémon to evolve.

Coronet Rock exists there
A rock that radiates a peculiar energy, rumored only to exist on Mt. Coronet, a place that no one knows anything about. It allows certain kinds of Pokémon to evolve.
The story literally starts with the human being pulled from his world to the world of mystery dungeon. Human world, being the main multiverse

Confirmation as in? I fail to see how those you mentioned has any better canon.
Literal WoG/Direct link with Main Core
Link cable exists there. Something that was developed by humans in the main multiverse
And?
Coronet Rock exists there
Pokémon Earth exists too so?
The story literally starts with the human being pulled from his world to the world of mystery dungeon. Human world, being the main multiverse
Is still too different. You don't make RéBURST canon just because it was officially released on SJ (and that requires approval from TPC) and got some similarities too.

Is still too different. You don't make RéBURST canon just because it was officially released on SJ (and that requires approval from TPC) and got some similarities too.
Too different ≠ Non Canon.

Pokémon Go is different

It still got approved by TPC and supposedly follows the worldview like everything else.

The fact no one is interested in making profiles for them doesn't mean it's non canon

Too different ≠ Non Canon.
You're the one to prove it has the same backing lmao. It lacks both WoG and direct links, soooo.
Pokémon Go is different
Go has direct links with main core lmao.
It still got approved by TPC and supposedly follows the worldview like everything else.
Literally every single not canon thing is. Otherwise is fanfiction.
The fact no one is interested in making profiles for them doesn't mean it's non canon
"Everything in Pokémon is canon unless contradicted" is legit dumb. Is actually the opposite, given how canon works here.

You're the one to prove it has the same backing lmao. It lacks both WoG and direct links, soooo.
1. Approved by TPC
Go has direct links with main core lmao.
What link does manga have with core series
Literally every single not canon thing is. Otherwise is fanfiction.
Tell that to the Pokémon Company
"Everything in Pokémon is canon unless contradicted" is legit dumb. Is actually the opposite, given how canon works here.
Contradictions are allowed

Mega verse and Non mega verse exists

Yeah because it’s literally explained in the games the split that resulted in those opposing timelines…
Yes because the Pokéverse follows mwi where all possibilities, including contradictions branch into their own respective universes

Being Official ≠ Being Canon
Yeah, not Pokémon. There are rules they have to obey here. Worldview and all, Executor_N0 or Gyro mentioned that earlier no??
Official and yet still non canon spin offs exist nearly everywhere
Not with Pokémon because they have to follow the worldview

Kyogre is not suddenly the embodiement of the sky in pmd

Xerneas doesn't become the embodiement of the ocean

Palkia doesn't become the deity of time

Dialga doesn't become the embodiement of space in pmd

They follow the worldview.

1. Approved by TPC
Official =/= Canon. DBGT isn't canon just because TOEI made both it and Super.
What link does manga have with core series
Satoshi and Nintendo's direct approvation and POV of Manga being a closer look to their world.
Tell that to the Pokémon Company
This is literally how non-canon stuff is not fanfiction...
Yes because the Pokéverse follows mwi where all possibilities, including contradictions branch into their own respective universes
Because of MWI then every single fanmade is canon now?
Yeah, not Pokémon. There are rules they have to obey here. Worldview and all, Executor_N0 or Gyro mentioned that earlier no??
"Pokémon is the exception because I want to".

Which is not enough for scaling in the face of contradictions. Spider-Man shoots spider webs, that doesn't mean we can scale his AP to every appearance in every medium.

Not to mention there are also things like this for Mystery Dungeon:

They directly imply in the official Nintendo Power guide for Red/Blue Rescue Team that the world of trainers (from the games) is the same as the human world, which is a canonically different universe from the Pokemon-only world in the Mystery Dungeon game series (albeit same cosmology obviously).

It's very clearly in reference to the games as well considering the caption beneath the heading literally mentions "previous games" in it. There's no argument about one-sided canonicity either like you tried claiming in the last thread for other details because this is just straight up from a Nintendo publication in general. I see literally no reason for Mystery Dungeon not to be canon given the multiple implications and intentions that seem to intrinsically tie it to the main canon.

Official =/= Canon. DBGT isn't canon just because TOEI made both it and Super.
PMD..... Human trainers was taken from his world into pmd. Literally the beginning of all the stories of pmd

Link Cable and Coronet Rock is just supporting evidence

Satoshi and Nintendo's direct approvation and POV of Manga being a closer look to their world.
Sure
This is literally how non-canon stuff is not fanfiction...
You failed to prove that it's not canon

And you went to raise another franchise to prove your point, which is a false equivalence. Knowing very well everything that comes from the franchise follows a strict worldview and deviations are always accounted for with a reason
Because of MWI then every single fanmade is canon now?
Thank God PMD isn't fan made
"Pokémon is the exception because I want to".
No, because you believe your opinion supercedes the rules GF set for the franchise

Characters not having completely different roles in the story does not define a canon piece of media… changes in setting, story, mechanics etc. can all change and turn a piece of media non-canon, also iirc we put the burden on proof on people to prove something is canon and the evidence here ain’t it chief

Saying “They didn’t drastically change the very concept of this character so it must be canon” is so dumb

Last edited:
At least there's a connection between it and core series

I can count on 0 fingers, your argument against it besides it being "too different"

If you have a problem with it, take it to TPC HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back