• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 1: Splitting the Pokemon Canons (Massive Pokemon CRT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? This means is official, not canon. Otherwise is fanfiction.
Pokémon follows a worldview where every material is meant to be happening in the grander universe so yes, it is canon

Keep ignoring that
Every non-canon work does that. That's what links them to the main franchise after all.
Answered above
It actually is from what you tell. Tell me another verse which is like Pokémon about getting whatever spin off as canon here.
Again if you want an actual non canon Pokémon thing, look no further than super Smash bros using Pokémon characters . Not on their official website, not on their YouTube, have no TPC seal on it.

That is actual Non Canon product

Pokémon follows a worldview where every material is meant to be happening in the grander universe so yes, it is canon
Headcanon.
Again if you want an actual non canon Pokémon thing, look no further than super Smash bros using Pokémon characters . Not on their official website, not on their YouTube, have no TPC seal on it.
That's not canon to everything, so false equivalence.

Executor_N0 goes into detail.

You can keep ignoring it to push your own headcannon
Issue is that it even covers crossovers like Conquest under said rule. I'm not against this but extending this to whatever spin off, no matter how obscure or irrelevant it is is definitely dishonest and purposely leading to just a wanked composite.

Issue is that it even covers crossovers like Conquest under said rule. I'm not against this but extending this to whatever spin off, no matter how obscure or irrelevant it is is definitely dishonest and purposely leading to just a wanked composite.
Looking at the Canon page, Conquest is a Onesided Crossover. Canon to Pokemon, but not to Nobunaga's Ambitions

Do remember, you can acquire Nobunaga's Rayquaza in Black and White.

Is debate about what should be split really relevant at the moment compared to debate about whether the split should happen in the first place guys?

Is debate about what should be split really relevant at the moment compared to debate about whether the split should happen in the first place guys?
Nah, but people are really overprotective to the point of forgetting the main point.

I legit said my opinions about the fact that wild Pokémon profiles are not only a composite using trained Pokémon feats, and I heard a "Trained Mons aren't any stronger than Wild Mons" as rebuttal lol.

I legit want answers to the points towards cross scaling, not "NOOOOO I WANT MY FAV SPIN OFF TO BE STILL CANON!!!!!!!!!!!!" as answers lol.

I legit said my opinions about the fact that wild Pokémon profiles are not only a composite using trained Pokémon feats, and I heard a "Trained Mons aren't any stronger than Wild Mons" as rebuttal lol.
You used Dragonair as your argument, which was debunked, no?
I legit want answers to the points towards cross scaling, not "NOOOOO I WANT MY FAV SPIN OFF TO BE STILL CANON!!!!!!!!!!!!" as answers lol.
You brought that up in your post. So I have to, and will address that

I already gave an argument that debunks Conquest breaking crossover rules. It doesn’t break them.

The crossover rule only applies if you try to use crossover feats between franchises to scale them. Like Marvel vs Capcom

Conquest only involves Pokémon vs Pokémon feats, Nobungas Ambition isn’t being scaled to them because they never fight against Pokémon in this game in the first place. It’s not even a real crossover, it’s a collaboration between Pokémon and Nobunaga.

So, again, what crossover rules is Conquest breaking?

I thought it does. I noticed that there was even a Giveaway of that Shiniy Rayquaza that appears in the game. Aka nvm.

I thought it does. I noticed that there was even a Giveaway of that Shiniy Rayquaza that appears in the game. Aka nvm.
Well yeah, but even then, the question would remain because there’s just no crossover feats period in Conquest.

The rule would only matter if, say, Nobunaga fought against Rayquaza and someone would want to scale Nobunaga to Rayquaza via this. THAT would be something that we would ban.

I mean if people have to come in and say their thing again - if a manga pikachu killed mewtwo that shouldn't then magically apply to a video game pikachu cuz theyre different timelines/universes/whatever

I mean if people have to come in and say their thing again - if a manga pikachu killed mewtwo that shouldn't then magically apply to a video game pikachu cuz theyre different timelines/universes/whatever
We make exception if said Pokémon is immensely different than regular ones. We have lots of examples.

A Pikachu killing a Mewtwo would obviously just mean that Pikachu is a particular unique one that’s far far above any generic Pikachu.

We definitely wouldn’t cross scale that feat to all Pikachus.

Pokemon Conquest definitely does not abide by the canon of the Pokemon universe and lore. Aside from crossover characters, it's a completely different world and environment with no direct connections to Pokemon lore proper. Even if Phoenix Wright created his own feats in Marvel vs. Capcom, we would not scale it back to Ace Attorney. It's not just about cross-scaling, as you assumed, but about not scaling to crossovers of dubious canonicity whatsoever.

If you can prove definitively that Pokemon Conquest is definitely canon to Pokemon in-general, then we can change that, but I haven't personally seen any evidence of it.

If you can prove definitively that Pokemon Conquest is definitely canon to Pokemon in-general, then we can change that, but I haven't personally seen any evidence of it.
Nobunaga's Rayquaza was given in an official Giveaway Event when the game got released on Gen 5 games.

Pokemon Conquest definitely does not abide by the canon of the Pokemon universe and lore. Aside from crossover characters, it's a completely different world and environment with no direct connections to Pokemon lore proper.
Care to place a wadger? I already mentioned this earlier, but it does abide by the canon lore of Pokémon and for a very big reason that I’m surprised people wouldn’t remember

Conquests depiction of Arceus, which is 100% the same

Exactly like the canon lore of the Pokémon universe, Conquest still considers Arceus to be the creation Pokémon who created everything, and Ransei being a region personally created by Arceus.

The game specifying Arceus as the creator of everything like the main series does is 100% abiding by the canon lore.

The event in short.

Event was made right to promote the game + Nobunaga is written as the Original Trainer. Wobuffet event and every other Movie event confirm that the Pokemon given is the exact same appearing in the material promoted lmao.

Something else id like to point too btw that the blog Strym posted doesn’t show, is that game characters also exist in the anime universe too.

-Lucas and Brendan, the protagonists of Diamond & Pearl & R/S/E, battle each other in the opening of Giratina and the Sky Warrior

-Rei, the male main protagonist of Pokémon: Legends Arceus, literally shows up in the Arceus episodes of the current anime, Pokémon Journeys.

Care to place a wadger? I already mentioned this earlier, but it does abide by the canon lore of Pokémon and for a very big reason that I’m surprised people wouldn’t remember

Conquests depiction of Arceus, which is 100% the same

Exactly like the canon lore of the Pokémon universe, Conquest still considers Arceus to be the creation Pokémon who created everything, and Ransei being a region personally created by Arceus.

The game specifying Arceus as the creator of everything like the main series does is 100% abiding by the canon lore.
And Phoenix Wright is still a blue-suited lawyer in Marvel vs. Capcom. So?

You need to prove, objectively, why it is canon. Game events are frequently used for promotional events, introduce new moves that can't be earned otherwise, etc., in ways that have no bearing on canon otherwise. You're going to need a bit more than that.

Also, wager*. And, if you're going to offer a wager, normally you have to be the one to name the stakes first.

You need to prove, objectively, why it is canon. Game events are frequently used for promotional events, introduce new moves that can't be earned otherwise, etc., in ways that have no bearing on canon otherwise. You're going to need a bit more than that.

Also, wager*. And, if you're going to offer a wager, normally you have to be the one to name the stakes first.
So you're just ignoring my evidence because yes?

Massive false equivalence. You can do better than this with an example

The clothes people wear in a series is not “canon lore”. But what is canon lore is a being who’s regarded as the one who created everything in their world.

Arceus is regarded as exactly that in both games. Meaning? Conquest is following the lore to a T.
You blatantly said Conquest doesn’t follow canon lore. I gave you evidence that it does

Unless creating everything in the said verse is not somehow canon lore all of a sudden.

Massive false equivalence. You can do better than this with an example

<snip the rest>
Aside from the fact that you're admitting there are even better examples for why your argument doesn't work, there's no false equivalence. I'm not going to entertain your roundabout point-missing jabs. Either prove that Conquest is objectively and strictly canon or not. No gameplay-only promotional events, an actual statement or piece of definitive proof that Pokemon Conquest is canon to the actual story of the game.

You had this issue in the Arceus 5-D hax thread too, you downright didn’t count the votes of some because you personally found the arguments in them illegitimate, you don’t get to decide who’s vote are and are not valid based on your own belief they’re not well informed

Said majority who are so clueless about this thread that many haven’t seen said counters against what they’re agreeing with
Remember when I told you to stay on-topic and actually address the points at hand, rather than baselessly accusing your opposition?

Aside from the fact that you're admitting there are even better examples for why your argument doesn't work, there's no false equivalence.
And doesn’t explain how it’s not a false equivalence and doesn’t bring a better example than the shitty one they pulled out of their ass.
MI'm not going to entertain your roundabout point-missing jabs. Either prove that Conquest is objectively and strictly canon or not. No gameplay-only promotional events, an actual statement or piece of definitive proof that Pokemon Conquest is canon to the actual story of the game.
Glad to hear your concession since bringing a counter argument doesn’t seem to be something your capable of.

Please, you don't have much time, as the thread has gone on for a long while and there's more than an overwhelming majority for passing it.
Your "addressing" is literally "literal confirmation and explicit info about the provenience are just promotional material" when is literally just receiving a Mon from another universe.

This is the basis on those events in the First place, game plot is irrelevant here.

Aside from the fact that you're admitting there are even better examples for why your argument doesn't work, there's no false equivalence. I'm not going to entertain your roundabout point-missing jabs. Either prove that Conquest is objectively and strictly canon or not. No gameplay-only promotional events, an actual statement or piece of definitive proof that Pokemon Conquest is canon to the actual story of the game.
You acquire Nobunaga's Rayquaza in the Core games, which is the same one that is used in Conquest

In fact its mentioned to have come from, quote, " A Faraway Place", Confirming the existence of Ransei Region within the Multiverse. A region created by Arceus himself

Your "addressing" is literally "literal confirmation and explicit info about the provenience are just promotional material" when is literally just receiving a Mon from another universe.

This is the basis on those events in the First place, game plot is irrelevant here.
Wrong quote lol

What I’m loving even more is that somehow Conquest literally considering Arceus the god that created everything in the world

Is somehow not following the lore about Arceus doing that exact same thing in the canon. Lol.

What I’m loving even more is that somehow Conquest literally considering Arceus the god that created everything in the world

Is somehow not following the lore about Arceus doing that exact same thing in the canon. Lol.
A spin-off of a game having similar lore in the case of a single character is not enough to solidify it being canon, I won’t speak on whether Conquest is canon but this is not the smoking gun by a long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back