• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudLearner

She/Her
This Thread did not do the proper research to debunked it!

Here is my evidence to why goku was seing into the future.

Dragon Ball Super Episdoe 39

Hit was able to improved Time-Leap to 0.5 seconds which SSBKKx10 Goku was able to predict Hit's movement in 0.5 seconds into the future.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 40

Hit was able to improved time-leap further which at first SSBBlueKKx10 Goku could not handle yet was able to counter it later on.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 43

King Kais
says: " But I heard you predicted a few seconds in time at the martial arts match, right?" Goku:" Y..Yeah.

Let me debunk this skeptics

Dziga

"I don't even know why Pre-Ultra Instinct Goku has precognition via predicting someone's movement, literally anyone can do that in real life, professional and even amateur athletes do that all the time in sports like Baseball."

My Answered: SSBKKx10 Goku predicted Hit's time-skip(which skips time for a 0.5 seconds or more) which goku predicted it. Also, comparing real life foder humans with characters that can move Massively Faster Than Light is a stupid comparrison.

ShadowWarrior1999

"No. Precognition is having the ability to see into the future, all that means is that Hit's attacks were easy to predict."

My Answered: Which Goku was able to predict Hit's Time-Skip of 0.5 seconds into the future. Also, it was not easy since Hit has Reactive Evolution which he can improved in short amount of time.

Conclusion:

The Precognition ability needs to added back to Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) profile because as I explain above and expose the evidence; Goku indeed predicted Hit's movement 0.5 seconds or more into the future. Back up by King Kai too.

Let me add more:

The Precognition page says "Precognition the ability to see the future. The specifics of the ability, and whether or not they can act on the information they see to change the future, differs depending on the user and verse. The ability may only be useful for the short term; or it may be best for the long term. Precognition can allow characters to react to attacks faster than they'd normally be able to react to. The information it provides may be complex and intricate, or simple and limited, if not inaccurate, while other forms of precognition may be much more accurate.

Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observatio, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities."

Which back ups my evidence for Goku's Precognition.

While I disagree with predicting = precognition, the site's definition does technically treat it that way, so I have no issue with adding it back.

We had a thread a while ago where were supposed to remove prediction as precog, because it essentially gives precog to anyone who's good at any sort of fighting

Wokistan said:
We had a thread a while ago where were supposed to remove prediction as precog, because it essentially gives precog to anyone who's good at any sort of fighting
It should of happen therefore it did not.

Precognition should be added back too Goku since its what the page says until a sub-set page of precognition can be done.

as talked about in this Thread .All I see in that thread is "All Talk No Action"

I watch the English Dub of DBS Episode 43

King Kai says: That fight with Hit when you were predicting Hit's moves you weren't just guessing you were forcing your way into the future for an advantage. Weren't you? Goku: Y..Yeah So DBS Episode 43 Minute 6:41

I mean it's as good a time as any to revamp the general precog issue. I didn't have the time at the time to make a new precog page, but could do so now.

(This doesn't even change Goku's capabilities anyways, just makes precog into a skill feat instead)

Wokistan said:
I mean it's as good a time as any to revamp the general precog issue. I didn't have the time at the time to make a new precog page, but could do so now.
(This doesn't even change Goku's capabilities anyways, just makes precog into a skill feat instead)
Maybe add add this to Goku's feat list or wait untill you make a precog sub-types like DMB1 proposed on that Thread ?

I'd be fine with the former, but I don't really know if including prediction as a subtype is the greatest idea given how broad it is.

I think I know what do do

Removed whats in Bold and add what you think is best @Wokista

Precognition
the ability to see the future. The specifics of the ability, and whether or not they can act on the information they see to change the future, differs depending on the user and verse. The ability may only be useful for the short term; or it may be best for the long term. Precognition can allow characters to react to attacks faster than they'd normally be able to react to. The information it provides may be complex and intricate, or simple and limited, if not inaccurate, while other forms of precognition may be much more accurate.

Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observatio, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.

Make a new Page Called "Movement Prediction"

Movement Prediction
can allow characters to react to attacks faster than they'd normally be able to react to. it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.

Would this make sense? @Wokista

Literally the root word of Precognition has absolutely nothing to do with the future or anything supernatural.

Pre-Cognition is basically Pre-Perception or Pre-Notion of something; Prediction is full and well applicable to Precognition as per it's definition.

If we do make it so Precognition has to be supernatural or something, then we'd pretty much be going against the literal and actual definition of Precognition.

"Literally the root word of Precognition has absolutely nothing to do with the future or anything supernatural."

Scasdasdasdasas
231232131312321)
Not from what I'm finding. Predicting the actions of others is also something people do in their daily lives just to get around, and I don't think people should really be getting precog for being safe drivers or whatever. There's no real point in having it be that broad.

Goku is a fighting genius who could imitate/learn any martial art from just watching. I would call it an inner premonition based on his experience and his "genius" about fighting itself. Probably he could already read Hit quite well at this time or say quite precisely what his next actions will be.

Correct me if that's dumb.

Well yeah he obviously is amazing at combat and is able to predict hit like that. It's just a skill feat as opposed to something we should categorize as a special ability in this case imo.

Goku has "Master Martial Artist" on his page.
This should be a basic skill for fighters of this level.

The only thing you could argue is that Goku has improved this skill a bit more than others.

At least that's what I'd think.

Wokistan said:
This seems like a good idea.

That is the sort of thing I;m saying to remove

I can see about drafting a revised precog page later today. I have to go do something rn though

Also, would the Naruto predictions based on observing minute muscle movements be better suited as info analysis? That's also not something entirely beyond reality.

Wokistan said:
Also, would the Naruto predictions based on observing minute muscle movements be better suited as info analysis? That's also not something entirely beyond reality.
Indeed. Naruto should have it and even more proof when two high level shinobi fight they can exchange personal history when they fight as seen with Naruto vs post-Danzo fight Sasuke.

Goku should get it too for predicting Hit movements by analysing him and this Here

Having a type for Goku style stuff doesn't address the issue that this is a power basically everyone has since predicting thr actions of others is pretty necessary to function daily in a society.

Uh, it kinda is combat applicable by default if you have any real proficiency in combat. I do martial arts, so I learned some tells for imminent attacks and such. I wouldn't call myself a precog. With how broad it is I feel like it's much better suited as skill feats and sometimes info analysis.

IDK. I don't think it should be exactly future sight though, as there are individuals who can calculate or predict far more than many people with future sight than just intelligence, and it seems odd to give a person who can see one second into the future with some sort of clairvoyant power or time bs the ability when there would be people who can calculate every possibility years into the future with just a supposed skill or intelligence feat.

Precognition is just the ability to have knowledge of the future before it happens. It doesn't explicitly have to be a vision but just a simple, "I just know". That being said, enhanced senses, extra sensory perception, or simply feeling something coming isn't quite precognition but rather just very strong senses. Precognition should either be vision of a future, future self transferring memories to their past self, information given to the person, or just explanation that someone literally knows things before they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back