• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem is that usually in this sort of case this sort of precog is treated special in Verse compared to others as well.

Well Goku is special in verse for being really adaptive and really good at fighting. Dudes can be treated as special due to skill, and enhanced senses and info analysis can still be used.

Wokistan said:
Well Goku is special in verse for being really adaptive and really good at fighting. Dudes can be treated as special due to skill, and enhanced senses and info analysis can still be used.
Should we add adaptation and Info analysis for Goku or is it too controversial?

I agree with Wokistan and Medeus. We probably need a revision thread for cases such as this.

This definitely isn't precognition in any shape or form. It's just Goku predicting Hit, as a martial artist. However, it does seem that it fits the definition of precognition on the wiki.

KLOL506 said:
I think we should make prediction of movements into its own page.
That seems like a good idea.

For example, some characters in fiction can detect danger and predict+dodge attacks even when their other senses or other supernatural powers (though those powers can sometimes help) don't detect it or are blocked off. And sometimes they do, so we can probably even add the various types of Movement Prediction.

Sometimes, their other powers can even allow them to make accurate simulations of future events. And some weird examples include hearing a specific sound in their heads while danger is approaching or lurking nearby, a sound no one else can hear if they don't have the power.

And of course, this would immensely help inanimate objects who don't have senses to begin with.

In all essence, I believe a page for Movement Prediction/Danger Sensing is an absolute must.

In full honesty, it seems like predicting other people's movements would fall under some ability pertaining to Combat Expert or whatever. Goku's ability to predict Hit is almost certainly due to his martial arts mastery rather than any special ability that he has.

Yobo Blue said:
Why does it have to be a special ability tho?
Because of the ability to sense an attack from the future coming at them without the need of thinking it through, their special powers make it up for them.

And of course, there's the whole danger sensing.

KLOL506 said:
I think we should make prediction of movements into its own page.
I agreed. I proposed that new page above to @Wokistan which I got no response.

Movement Prediction its perfect for this type of stuff.

Beerus and the Angels have "Can Sense Killing Intent" would that count too?

Would some staff member here be willing to write a movement prediction page for us? I think that it would be very useful.

@ProudLearner

Yes, experienced members can create power description pages, but they must create blog drafts that are accepted by the staff first.

@All staff members here

Help would be appreciated with handling all of this.

I think I am going to make a blog page for Movement Predictio if there is no objection.

The more we wait the more pages you guys have to edit to remove Precognition from profiles that should not have it.

I have seen profiles that have kinda have the same wording as Goku's prediction that was removed.

Example:

Playable_Archer_(No_Name) Pseudo-Precognition (Can predict his opponent's actions due to his experience)

Naruto_Uzumaki_(Part_II) Limited Precognition (Able to sense other peoples negative emotions and dodge accordingly),

Dante_(Devil_May_Cry) Minor Precognition (With Alastor, capable of sensing incoming threats before they appeared, like Phantom and Nero Angelo; the latter was in a mirror dimension before he appeared);

many more like these..

All of these fall accordingly with Movement Predictio.

Sorry for the haste! I just get desperate with people procrastinating.

Help is always appreciated. Feel free to create a page draft.

Thank you, although the structure and language flow need some work.

Hello. I wasn't following this thread but have a fundamental problem with this new power; It should not be limited to movements. It should allow to predict anything at a super human level, and thus it should be named Analytical Prediction, or something like that.

This is all based on the idea of accurately predicting stuff with no real Precognition, is it not? If so, good.

If we go with Analytical Prediction, which we should, a pic or gif of Joseph Joestar would be far more appropriate as he makes use of the power all the time to the point of being his thing.

AKM sama said:
That gif is Goku resisting Hit's time stop. You can probably use the one where Goku predicts Hit's attack in base or Super Saiyan Blue. Or you can use the dialogues where Goku explains it from the anime or manga.
Ok.

I have change it.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, so now we're looking for names for the ability, huh?

Either way, I have no problem adding this as a skill. It's just like Acrobatics IMHO.

Well, characters with unpredictable nature can make combat predictions incredibly difficult, and speedblitz is still a thing, there's also probably a limit to how much the brains can analyze (Though characters in fiction eventually overwhelm this) and that's about all I know of of the limitations.

As for revisions, most Assassin's Creed characters with Eagle Vision will get affected and have Analytical Prediction added instead, except in cases where some characters actually see the future/many alternate futures through and through (Which they do and it's supported by lore). In those cases they'll have both Precog and Analytical Prediction. Those with Eagle Vision and not having enough Isu genes to brute force their way into the future well enouh and only being able to predict combat moves without the need to think will have Analytical Prediction added.

A few characters from RDR2 will have it added too methinks.

Eficiente said:
It should not be limited to movements. It should allow to predict anything at a super human level, and thus it should be named Analytical Prediction, or something like that.

This is all based on the idea of accurately predicting stuff with no real Precognition, is it not? If so, good.
  • Taskmaster can predict both movements and actions without precog.
  • Joseph Joestar can predict what a target is going to say next as well as its actions without precog.
I could give more examples if I care more, but seriously making a power like this that only targets movements is pretty dumb.

Eficiente said:
Eficiente said:
It should not be limited to movements. It should allow to predict anything at a super human level, and thus it should be named Analytical Prediction, or something like that.

• Taskmaster can predict both movements and actions without precog.
  • Joseph Joestar can predict what a target is going to say next as well as its actions without precog.
I could give more examples if I care more, but seriously making a power like this that only targets movements is pretty dumb.
It wouldn't be limited only to movements, it would also span across other stuff like something going wrong with tech and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back