• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why the misleading name, false description and inappropriate pic?

That's like having Mind Manip only as Mind Control, describing it only as Mind Control and having a pic of some DB character who a few times used Mind Control but doesn't have more Mind Manip beyond that.

Eficiente said:
Then why the misleading name, false description and inappropriate pic?
The name can be change if users agreed to it.

It has no false decription. It has anything to do with predictions.

Inappropriate pic? Its Goku predicting Hit's movement. He is the inspiration of all of this.

Eficiente said:
That's like having Mind Manip only as Mind Control, describing it only as Mind Control and having a pic of some DB character who a few times used Mind Control but doesn't have more Mind Manip beyond that.
Then would you have any suggestions on how to make it better?

Yes, and was mostly said above.

Name: Analytical Prediction

Description: "Analytical Prediction is the ability to predict future actions, circumstances, probabilities or other things through methods unrelated to Precognition. The accuracy of this power may varie depending on the user, its use of the ability, and the individual circumstance in which the power is being used."

Pic: The 2 characters most well known for using this power in fiction are Joseph Joestar and Taskmaster, a pic of any of them would be more appropriate. Another very good choice would be a pic of a random character using the trope of "Your chances of survival are [Specific number that may or may not mean something]%".

Seems okay to me.

Also, Joseph Joestar is more iconic in this regard than Goku is so I'd go with Eficiente on this one.

Eficiente

I change the name and edited the description.

I kept the picture because Goku is the inspiration of all of this.

Goku Precognition was removed yet not the rest of the others who have the same reasoning. That is why I selected Goku's picture because he symbolized change.

I am fine with Eficiente's suggestions. Feel free to write a draft page of your own for this.

I'm also fine with the name being changed. However, the image is okay as the major application of the page is on movement prediction during battle and that's what most characters which come under this category have.

ProudLearner said:
Antvasima said:
I am fine with Eficiente's suggestions. Feel free to write a draft page of your own for this.
Would that mean mine was rejected?
I did added Eficiente suggestions on my draft.

Would you mind reviewing it?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:proudLearner/Movement_Predictio
Not rejected because AKM seems to think that using Goku's image is fine, though I and Eficiente think that using Joseph Joestar's is better.

Honestly tho, using both might be a better idea.

Am I allowed to create the page for Analytical Prediction?

Looking how things are going none is complaining about the descriptions. Also, I added what Eficiente suggested.

If there is no objection from staff then I will start creating the new page

Pretty sure I remember him saying something about doing that through movements.

And Iron Man's famous "This suit knows your next move before you do".

Also OVA Metal Sonic due to that "You may know everything I'm going to do! But that's not going to help you 'cuz I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it"?!"

I'm gonna say, I disagree with the Goku pic, but that's minor so I guess it doesn't matter.

Eficiente said:
I'm gonna say, I disagree with the Goku pic, but that's minor so I guess it doesn't matter.
Yeah I'm with on you on this. There are much better pictures than that.

Ogbunabali said:
Eficiente said:
Yeah I'm with on you on this. There are much better pictures than that.
Any picture that depicts the most popular and widely used application of the ability is fine.

I'm just against using Joseph Joestar because predicting what an opponent's next moves will be (kinda like what we used for limited battle precog) would be the most relatable pic as they'll be the majority characters that are going to be in this category after being changed from precog. Not someone who predicts what someone is going to say next.

I would like to discuss the possible types of precognition. I tried splitting it into those types:

• Pseudo-Precognition (basically the one Goku, Joseph and I guess Composite Human would have)
  • Sensorial Precognition (predicting future advents via some sort of 6th sense or through visions/dreams)
  • Mental Precognition (predicting the future via reading the opponent's mind/through telepathy)
  • Temporal Precognition (the most mainstream one: predicting the future via looking directly into the future, alternate timelines, etcetera)
  • Precongtion via Nigh-Omniscience/Omniscience (self-explanatory)
I wanted to see the other's opinion on which types should be changed/removed/added.

The problem is that precognition can technically be done in many ways. Just "knowing what happens next" is as vague as it can get, especially because of the degree that this ability can get to.

This thread just brings that problem further to light.

That doesn't change anything.

The page right now can be summed up with "looking into the future", but if you guys want Goku to have it via quite literally studying his opponent, I don't see why other types shouldn't be allowed.

DMB 1 said:
That doesn't change anything.
The page right now can be summed up with "looking into the future", but if you guys want Goku to have it via quite literally studying his opponent, I don't see why other types shouldn't be allowed.
Goku does not have Precognition. Users with Precog should be like what Yhwach or Shulk did.

Goku predicts Hits movements which fall under Analythical Prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back