• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm really pissed that DB Super has been really awful so far with many problems, but wow. Goku said he would die if he went to the center of the Earth, needed a "special suit" to go there.

Is another chapter of people that can't wait a little after the episode air... not everyone has watche dthe episode yet, also, this is common weakness in DB characters, not sure if something will change

In the anime of Z Goku stood right next to a star, and in Super Vegeta fights a heat related enemy without much problem.. So I'm guessing either really dumb writing and an outlier or the heat being generated by the one enemy wasn't very hot. Seems like it'd be a pretty big deal in the durability department.. Huge weakness.

EnoYaka said:
In the anime of Z Goku stood right next to a star, and in Super Vegeta fights a heat related enemy without much problem.. So I'm guessing either outlier or the heat being generated by the one enemy wasn't very hot.
Outlier

Actually, its consistent with what its shown: vegeta having trouble with Magetta due to heat.

Even if noncannon: gohan trying to kill Broly via lava/Nova shenron, for that matter.

I'm with Howard in this, normally I don't like to consider filler, but Goku and some others has been showed weaks against high temperature attacks, so this new anti-feat isn't farfetched at all.

Antoniofer said:
I'm with Howard in this, normally I don't like to consider filler, but Goku and some others has been showed weaks against high temperature attacks, so this new anti-feat isn't farfetched at all.
There really shouldn't be a difference between heat and a laser its just a outlier.

Guessing it never mentions how hot the time chamber gets? We see fire flying through it at one point.. If he can't withstand 9001 degrees while being stronger than Mystic Gohan in base that's pretty pathetic.

This weakness wouldn't mare any sense cause the saiyans trained in the room of spirit and time, which had drastic changes to the temperature.

Frieza Surivived a planet explosion with no extra damage after being cut in half and blasted by Goku. You'd think characters at UNIVERSAL+ durability and attack potency could withstand almost any amount of heat

I believe is do to Goku not using his Ki, like everything else Goku's weakness are always been because he lowers his Ki too much. Which is indeed a weakness in DBZ in general. He's also dumb. Don't believe him.

I dont think this would be an outlier or much of a downgrade, at best his Durability would be downgraded. So Goku would keep his AP but his durability (IF downgraded) probably makes him a glass canon

This is probably just PIS, or Goku not knowing he is far above that at that point (which makes more sense the more I think of it...)

Wouldn't practically every fight in the series contradict this? As characters who can both create and withstand such ludicrous amounts of energy should be able to withstand such heat as well? On top of things like Vegeta cutting through supernaturally enhanced lava and Frieza withstanding a planet exploding.

But even if adding a weakness to heat, Goku's durability not being comparable to his AP and Striking Strength definitely shouldn't be accounted for, or else he'd never be able to have a fight and would get one shot each time.

Also we all know the feats we've kept calling outliers/PIS to prevent the cast from getting upgraded to ridiculous levels in the past. I think it's only fair if we also discount an outlier in the other direction that makes Goku VASTLY inferior than he logically is.

Goku as a young child was fine after having jet flames blasted in his face. GT Goku wouldn't be effected by a 6,000┬░ tenperature. Anime Goku survived near the sun.

Yes, two are non canon, however Goku is consistently shown being capable of taking high temperatures in all continuities.

It's either an inconsistency or his heat resistance is not on a level in which he can withstand the suns heat (earths core is as hot as the sun)

Although, I think it should be noted Beerus and Whis were in the core with no negative effects at all. Wouldn't that mean we could possibly add heat resistance to their profiles? Or at the very least, high toleration to heat?

I'm with Ryukama, this is way too inconsistent with the rest of Goku's current feats to be considered.

Just PIS, really. The heat and pressure exerted by the Earth's core is nothing compared to the Ki Blasts he receives and the force he takes from his own punches via Newton's 3rd Law.

What Ryukuma said, it's inconsistent plus goku himself asked if he would die if he would die if he went to the earth's core so he doesn't even know if he can survive or not, goku is an idiot he has no idea that he should be able to go to core and back no problem since he has been tanking planet level blast since forever now.

Saying he's an idiot really shouldnt mean much. I mean its funny how Goku is confident in fighting many opponents from Frieza to freaking "gods" (in quotes because u know...gods a title) like Beerus yet he isnt sure if he can survive heat from the planet's core? Its really ridiculous tbh

I mean Krillin stated that recoome destroying land scape was incredible maybe dbz characters don't know what there capable of I don't know

This is no outlier. Vegeta had problem with Magetta's lava which was using up oxygen in the ring. And Vegeta vs Magetta was canon. This looks like a legitimate weakness. Beerus and Whis are unaffected however, so this is just Goku's weakness. Heat burns oxygen so it's a logical weakness for Goku who can't survive without it.

We've never made something not an outlier purely because it happened multiple times. Superman and Sonic have been denied countless upgrades for that.

And Magetta could be argued that his magma is ki enhanced as well and not at all ike Earth's lava such as Reppuzan said below. But even then we are talking 2 instances vs every single other fight scene they've ever had. So yes, if we're to be consistent about to how we've handled other series, this would be an outlier.

@Joseph

There's a difference. Magetta's Lava scales to his feat of matching SSJ Vegeta (thus making him Solar System level), while Earth's magma does not.

Reppuzan said:
@Joseph
There's a difference. Magetta's Lava scales to his feat of matching SSJ Vegeta (thus making him Solar System level), while Earth's magma does not.
I am talking about the mechanic behind magma. Magetta's lava heat was burning up the oxygen inside the ring and Vegeta was suffocating. It's because Goku can't survive without oxygen not the attack potency. So it's not outlier, saiyans not able to survive without air is canon fact

@Reppuza I never said Goku being damaged by lava. I said it's not an outlier and definitely a valid weakness. Anybody above Frieza should be able to withstand heat of earth's core (Frieza tanked planet explosion while chopped up). Saiyans can't stand heat because heat burns up oxygen and makes them suffocate.

Not being able to breathe in space is already listed on his profile. Being in an oxygen-free environment is essentially the same.

I suggest the weakness is written as not being able to survive without air/oxygen. You can die in space not just from vacuum but also from freezing and radiation etc. Anyway I don't want to sound forceful since I am not a moderator but just think it can be written more specifically. Your wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back