• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Goku hax revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attacks of that potency are provably shown in the series. Regeneration and resurrection are not shown

Anyways, I'm mainly just waiting for Pineappleman's response since he wanted to post a counterargument

With that logic we need to downgrade dbs, how can low multiversal atacks can't rip their enemies clothes? In the series caharacters tanks low multiversal atacks and their clothes are still on. You can't use that logic on characters. Your logic have issue.
Which would be a completely separate topic. Not part of this.

The problem with this argument, again, is the fact that the characters have demonstrated 2-C AP on-screen. Meanwhile, the Regeneration/Resurrection stuff is purely conjectural

I'm saying you can't use that logic on dbs characters. All characters should be fight naked with that logic.
That seems pretty arbitrary.

Piccolo doesn't regenerate his clothes when he uses regeneration.

Zamasu doesn't regenerate his clothes when he uses regeneration.

(Both characters need to recreate their clothes separately)

So why is Goku the exception to this logic?

This is an especially good point imo, Goku being completely vaporized with nothing left would mean he'd have to have regenerated his clothes, which is not something there's a precedent for in past cases of regeneration.

Also, it's pretty demonstrably false that his clothing was vaporized, as at the beginning of episode 122, we see a piece of Goku's clothing hanging onto a part of the terrain

8Attacks of that potency are provably shown in the series. Regeneration and resurrection are not shown

Anyways, I'm mainly just waiting for Pineappleman's response since he wanted to post a counterargument
There should be an explanation. How can goku appears after gods and angels sayed his body completely destroyed. Regeneration are not shown but this should be a resurrection feat. There is no explanation except that.

There should be an explanation. How can goku appears after gods and angels sayed his body completely destroyed. Regeneration are not shown but this should be a resurrection feat. There is no explanation except that.
There is a perfectly serviceable explanation.

The other characters were mistaken.

People need to stop taking statements as absolute fact when characters can be fallible.

This is an especially good point imo, Goku being completely vaporized with nothing left would mean he'd have to have regenerated his clothes, which is not something there's a precedent for in past cases of regeneration.

Also, it's pretty demonstrably false that his clothing was vaporized, as at the beginning of episode 122, we see a piece of Goku's clothing hanging onto a part of the terrain
It's an example for Plot-Induced Stupidity

It's an example for Plot-Induced Stupidity
I see what's going on here, and no, it demonstrably isn't because you can actually explain this. A piece of Goku's clothing is shown hanging from the arena's terrain in episode 122 (proving a lack of vaporization), and Goku himself emerged from the Spirit Bomb alright without any signs of regeneration or resurrection.

The simple answer would be that Goku being vaporized was proven false

Frankly, should a completely evaporated character be left completely naked due to the anime age audience? Zamasu or Piccolo was only shown that way with part of his arm amputated. Shown here is the evaporation of the whole body. Due to the age of the anime, they couldn't design Goku naked.

Frankly, should a completely evaporated character be left completely naked due to the anime age audience? Zamasu or Piccolo was only shown that way with part of his arm amputated. Shown here is the evaporation of the whole body. Due to the age of the anime, they couldn't design Goku naked.
That does have ramifications, though, and this feels more like a conscious decision rather than a concession that had to be made because of what I said about episode 122

I will mostly be targeting the points made by the mods one by one which caused the thread to get shut down so fast in the first place:

'This does not look sufficient for regeneration.'
A difference of opinion, with no evidence yet given as to why Damage disagrees with the OP's side.

'I don't see any ability here.'
If you've watched the full clip and concluded that there had been no occurrence out of the ordinary within it and no abilities being shown or inferred from the actions presented or the statements made and confirmed unanimously by the spectators, then I kindly ask you to watch it again with more consideration.

RYnwslg.png

The characters only give conjecture that he might have been vaporized.
The conjecture in question:
Screenshot_92.png

Screenshot_93.png

Screenshot_94.png

Screenshot_96.png
Screenshot_97.png

You have the trifecta of Kai, GoD, and Angel all coming to the agreement that Goku had been completely destroyed by the Spirit Bomb and that's why he had dissapeared you literally can not ask for a more reliable source of information nor a more impartial one since Vados, an Angel from a different universe than Goku also believes this to be the case.
Oh wait you can, because the GRAND PRIEST SAYS SO.
The dude that literally has
Screenshot_98.png
on his profile.

And failing to sense his energy is not proof that he was actually dead. Characters have concealed their Ki before.
I'm assuming your argument here is that Goku's energy was lowered to the point no one could sense him, and he then proceeded to hide somewhere? He couldn't have left the premises of the ToP arena without being disqualified mind you, which goes without saying but obvious answers go alongside silly arguments. Then he would have had to hide somewhere within the arena, immediately after tanking the Spirit Bomb and with speed so fast the Angels didn't see it?
Yeah, no.
And Goku suddenly has the ability to regenerate his clothes now?

How come he doesn't do that any of the thousands of other times he receives clothing damage?
..Seriously?
Did you expect for Goku to pop out booty ass naked because he got resurrected? I guess Krillin shares this mystical clothes regeneration ability, since he got revived in his Saiyan armor clothing on Earth after being blown up by Freeza.
Or Fused Zamasu in the manga after cloning himself, how can he clone his own clothes? Zamasu' clothes are inbued with Hashirama cells confirmed
Can't forget Goku's hair regeneration after his hair was set on fire, or any of the cast who's clothes have never been immediately burnt into a crisp while fighting. Hey, they move at speeds massively faster than light, why aren't their clothes on fire? Why aren't they bald? That's totally the logical path that a battle shonen would take, right?

This 'debunk' has been downright ridiculous. I'm sorry for singling you and your points out Damage. But a combination of lack of time and ability to reply to the entire thread, your opinion's inherent value as a mod, the way you initially disagreed with the thread without presenting any evidence and then proceeded to drop one-liners like 'That's where you're wrong' on Donkey when your argument up to that point had been based on nothing but your own speculation rather than what's shown in the source material and then calling for what was in my opinion an early closage of the thread rubbed me in the wrong way.

Bonus:

I am skeptical about giving regeneration from that, I think it is more accurate to say that they just weren't paying attention and Goku being burried in the Genki Dama also had him couldn't be seen and he couldn't be sensed while his Ultra Instinct was in the process about to awakening.
Saying that the everyone in the arena including the GoDs, Angels and the Grand Priest weren't 'paying attention' is silly in it's own right, especially when considering their eyes were literally all glued on the Spirit Bomb and the fight with Jiren. As for your point on Goku not being able to be seen while buried in the Genkidama by the others, this is quite literally headcanon. Do better, DDM.

As a conclusion and to make this feat more digestible to those who those who are put off by it: This is nearly identical to Luffy's resurrection.
One stark difference here though: In addition to getting resurrection he will also get Regeneration Negation [At least Mid-High, Possibly Mid-Godly] due to completely regenerating his body (and his clothes, har.) from the Spirit Bomb, scaling from the Future Trunks saga.

You'd need to make a bunch of assumptions for that to be the case, when Occam's Razor would dictate that he simply believed 17 was dead
I'm not sure that making the presumption that the Grand Priest, the character depicted as the wisest of all beings in existence both ****** up thinking 17 was dead despite his cosmic awareness, and made the second **** up of forgetting to erase ONLY him out of what, 70ish fighters in the TOP is the logical assumption here.

Krillin shares this mystical clothes regeneration ability, since he got revived in his Saiyan armor clothing on Earth after being blown up by Freeza.
Because he was put together by Porunga... his treat.
Or Fused Zamasu in the manga after cloning himself, how can he clone his own clothes? Zamasu' clothes are inbued with Hashirama cells confirmed
Hm.
Hmmm...
Can't forget Goku's hair regeneration after his hair was set on fire, or any of the cast who's clothes have never been immediately burnt into a crisp while fighting. Hey, they move at speeds massively faster than light, why aren't their clothes on fire? Why aren't they bald? That's totally the logical path that a battle shonen would take, right?
If I had to take a guess, "Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin".

Now for this:
If you've watched the full clip and concluded that there had been no occurrence out of the ordinary within it and no abilities being shown or inferred from the actions presented or the statements made and confirmed unanimously by the spectators, then I kindly ask you to watch it again with more consideration.
First off, it's not a good look that you're starting by basically saying "if you disagree, you just need to pay more attention."
The conjecture in question:
Screenshot_92.png

Screenshot_93.png

Screenshot_94.png

Screenshot_96.png
Screenshot_97.png
This is all still in response to a conjectural statement of "he might have been vaporized."

And once again, him being vaporized is completely false. Part of his clothing is still hanging onto part of the arena several episodes later, unless you wanna tell me that he not only magically regenerated his clothing, but also magically brought that destroyed part of his clothing back to the same spot it was in before, with the same damage to it and all.

Needless to say, that's a hefty assumption that simply can't be feasibly made.
You have the trifecta of Kai, GoD, and Angel all coming to the agreement that Goku had been completely destroyed by the Spirit Bomb and that's why he had dissapeared you literally can not ask for a more reliable source of information nor a more impartial one since Vados, an Angel from a different universe than Goku also believes this to be the case.

Oh wait you can, because the GRAND PRIEST SAYS SO.
The dude that literally has
Screenshot_98.png
on his profile.
The Grand Priest is not infallible, as shown later. He assumes 17 to be dead after his self-destruction, even with his Cosmic Awareness, which is proven false 3 episodes later.
I'm assuming your argument here is that Goku's energy was lowered to the point no one could sense him, and he then proceeded to hide somewhere? He couldn't have left the premises of the ToP arena without being disqualified mind you, which goes without saying but obvious answers go alongside silly arguments. Then he would have had to hide somewhere within the arena, immediately after tanking the Spirit Bomb and with speed so fast the Angels didn't see it?
Yeah, no.
I don't agree with Damage's logic of "characters have concealed their energy before" as that's not what I think it is. Rather, I'd say Goku's energy couldn't be felt because it was so infinitesimally small at that point in time due to Goku being nearly dead. Energy dropping to such a low amount when a character is near death has a precedent.
..Seriously?
Did you expect for Goku to pop out booty ass naked because he got resurrected? I guess Krillin shares this mystical clothes regeneration ability, since he got revived in his Saiyan armor clothing on Earth after being blown up by Freeza.
Null explained the Krillin situation, so I'll be the one to explain that if you're claiming Goku was in fact vaporized, you'd need to also accept that this would mean Goku's clothing was also vaporized, which means he had to have magically created it again, which is an assumption with no backing to it.

Hell, the opposite is shown with MUI Goku, as him turning MUI literally destroys his top.
This 'debunk' has been downright ridiculous. I'm sorry for singling you and your points out Damage. But a combination of lack of time and ability to reply to the entire thread, your opinion's inherent value as a mod, the way you initially disagreed with the thread without presenting any evidence and then proceeded to drop one-liners like 'That's where you're wrong' on Donkey when your argument up to that point had been based on nothing but your own speculation rather than what's shown in the source material and then calling for what was in my opinion an early closage of the thread rubbed me in the wrong way.
Some of the specific reasoning given was a bit ridiculous, I'd agree, but the debunk itself is actually very strong and I'd say there's no good reason to give Regeneration or Resurrection here. Neither of these have actually been proven. I was in support of the thread being reopened due to you saying you had arguments to give, but these are far from strong arguments.
Saying that the everyone in the arena including the GoDs, Angels and the Grand Priest weren't 'paying attention' is silly in it's own right, especially when considering their eyes were literally all glued on the Spirit Bomb and the fight with Jiren. As for your point on Goku not being able to be seen while buried in the Genkidama by the others, this is quite literally headcanon. Do better, DDM.
Argument aside, tone it down. You don't just tell someone "do better" because you don't like their arguments, it's never this serious
As a conclusion and to make this feat more digestible to those who those who are put off by it: This is nearly identical to Luffy's resurrection.
One stark difference here though: In addition to getting resurrection he will also get Regeneration Negation [At least Mid-High, Possibly Mid-Godly] due to completely regenerating his body (and his clothes, har.) from the Spirit Bomb, scaling from the Future Trunks saga.
No, it is not identical. Not in the slightest.

And I still remain in staunch disagreement with adding any sort of ability to Goku from this.

I think any ability Goku can even get from this would be an outlier or a one time thing anyway.

Mid-Godly regen is clearly not the main focus of Ultra Instinct. No one ever mentioned the fact that UI allows you to regenerate. Enraged Kefla is capable of one shotting Goku, FP Jiren beat the crap out of MUI Goku.

Because he was put together by Porunga... his treat.

Hm.
Hmmm...

If I had to take a guess, "Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin".
I don't see why you guys are choosing to hold on to this facebook DBZ meme tier clothes argument. Do you honestly believe that the people absorbed by Cell got revived naked because it'd 'make more sense'? How about literally everyone on Earth that got revived after Buu's massacre? Come on.

Now for this:

First off, it's not a good look that you're starting by basically saying "if you disagree, you just need to pay more attention."
If you came out of that scene thinking nothing was out of the ordinary, then yeah, you should have paid more attention.
This is all still in response to a conjectural statement of "he might have been vaporized."
By beings with cosmic awareness and the highest perception speed and intelligence in the verse, right.

And once again, him being vaporized is completely false. Part of his clothing is still hanging onto part of the arena several episodes later, unless you wanna tell me that he not only magically regenerated his clothing, but also magically brought that destroyed part of his clothing back to the same spot it was in before, with the same damage to it and all.
I'd rather just completely disregard this clothing argument but still, timestamp?
The Grand Priest is not infallible, as shown later. He assumes 17 to be dead after his self-destruction, even with his Cosmic Awareness, which is proven false 3 episodes later.
Screenshot_99.png

-
Screenshot_93.png

Screenshot_94.png

Goku

There is a distinct difference made in his words when dealing with the two situations. One of confirmation when it came to Goku, one of assumption when made to 17. Add to that how 17 was not eliminated from the tournament, and alongside with the GP's cosmic awareness it can be inferred that he was aware of 17's survival.
Argument aside, tone it down. You don't just tell someone "do better" because you don't like their arguments, it's never this serious

And I still remain in staunch disagreement with adding any sort of ability to Goku from this.
I know DDM can do better, it isn't personal.
It is pretty much identical, both MCs had died only to be resurrected via their new transformation. Couldn't get more identical really, unless Goku had popped up with the MUI hair laughing

Now for this:

Needless to say, that's a hefty assumption that simply can't be feasibly made.

I don't agree with Damage's logic of "characters have concealed their energy before" as that's not what I think it is. Rather, I'd say Goku's energy couldn't be felt because it was so infinitesimally small at that point in time due to Goku being nearly dead. Energy dropping to such a low amount when a character is near death has a precedent.

Null explained the Krillin situation, so I'll be the one to explain that if you're claiming Goku was in fact vaporized, you'd need to also accept that this would mean Goku's clothing was also vaporized, which means he had to have magically created it again, which is an assumption with no backing to it.

Hell, the opposite is shown with MUI Goku, as him turning MUI literally destroys his top.

Some of the specific reasoning given was a bit ridiculous, I'd agree, but the debunk itself is actually very strong and I'd say there's no good reason to give Regeneration or Resurrection here. Neither of these have actually been proven. I was in support of the thread being reopened due to you saying you had arguments to give, but these are far from strong arguments.

Even when Grand Priest said Android 17 was gone, Zeno didn't eliminate it. Because when Android 17 reappeared, the gods and angels saw it as normal. As for Goku, they were completely surprised. I still don't understand why Goku's outfit being there in episode 122 is anti-feat to this, it feels really weird. At the beginning of the Goku-Jiren fight, we see that only the Black T-shirt is left inside after opening Ultra Instinct, while standing in normal clothing, but it is not related to the one in episode 122. And I'm waiting for an answer from you guys about why Goku doesn't appear for the first 3 seconds while still in Ultra Instinct, but then suddenly appears.

I think any ability Goku can even get from this would be an outlier or a one time thing anyway.

Mid-Godly regen is clearly not the main focus of Ultra Instinct. No one ever mentioned the fact that UI allows you to regenerate. Enraged Kefla is capable of one shotting Goku, FP Jiren beat the crap out of MUI Goku.
why would you limit feats due to cognitive dissonance
Main focus or not, it still happened. Goku dying isn't a monthly occurence (although funnily enough, the two times that's happened in DBS he's revived himself twice)
Again this is identical to G5, and Luffy got Resurrection no questions asked for that

If you came out of that scene thinking nothing was out of the ordinary, then yeah, you should have paid more attention.
This is so highly dismissive of anyone that dares to commit the mortal sin of disagreeing with you that it really makes me not want to engage. Your argument is not infallible. Preferably avoid stuff like this please
By beings with cosmic awareness and the highest perception speed and intelligence in the verse, right.

I'd rather just completely disregard this clothing argument but still, timestamp?
Yes, even cosmic beings can be wrong. Your point?

Also the timestamp in episode 122… Idk the exact timestamp but it’s right after they show the title of the episode
Screenshot_99.png

-
Screenshot_93.png

Screenshot_94.png

Goku

There is a distinct difference made in his words when dealing with the two situations. One of confirmation when it came to Goku, one of assumption when made to 17. Add to that how 17 was not eliminated from the tournament, and alongside with the GP's cosmic awareness it can be inferred that he was aware of 17's survival.
Because the other assumption on 17’s case would be that Jiren’s comically large blast killed 17, which is why he specifically elaborates that Jiren will get no penalties. Even the Zeno’s were wondering if the blast made contact at first
I know DDM can do better, it isn't personal.
It is pretty much identical, both MCs had died only to be resurrected via their new transformation. Couldn't get more identical really, unless Goku had popped up with the MUI hair laughing
Being insulting is one thing, but don’t try to defend yourself being insulting. Like seriously, just don’t

Also again, Luffy’s case is vastly different. His Voice was gone, with a Voice being gone literally meaning that person is dead. Goku doesn’t have such a thing. The two are incomparable

Yes, even cosmic beings can be wrong. Your point?
my point is that when the most knowledgeable creatures in the verse make all come to a conclusion with a detailed explanation of what had occurred, you don't just throw that out of the window because you want to see Goku naked in the next scene for maximum realism.

Because the other assumption on 17’s case would be that Jiren’s comically large blast killed 17, which is why he specifically elaborates that Jiren will get no penalties. Even the Zeno’s were wondering if the blast made contact at first
Again, that assumption doesn't hold weight due to 17 being made an exception and not being disqualified like the rest, and seeing that Goku would have been disqualified while presumably dead proves that it isn't because they thought 17 had died as well.

Also again, Luffy’s case is vastly different. His Voice was gone, with a Voice being gone literally meaning that person is dead. Goku doesn’t have such a thing. The two are incomparable
Luffy: -Has his voice dissappear and then comes back with a transformation
Goku: -Has his literal entire being dissappear, stated to have been vaporized by literal gods with cosmic awareness, comes back with a transformation

If anything, Goku's resurrection is more plausible due to avoiding voice shenanigans

my point is that when the most knowledgeable creatures in the verse make all come to a conclusion with a detailed explanation of what had occurred, you don't just throw that out of the window because you want to see Goku naked in the next scene for maximum realism.

Again, that assumption doesn't hold weight due to 17 being made an exception and not being disqualified like the rest, and seeing that Goku would have been disqualified while presumably dead proves that it isn't because they thought 17 had died as well.

Luffy: -Has his voice dissappear and then comes back with a transformation
Goku: -Has his literal entire being dissappear, stated to have been vaporized by literal gods with cosmic awareness, comes back with a transformation

If anything, Goku's resurrection is more plausible due to avoiding voice shenanigans
oh shit, I didn’t read allat but bro might be cooking

I agree with the other staff including Damage and Clover, and I have been overworked and overtasked to right up elaborate responses in every thread I am in. But yeah, not sensing Ki or being not able to see them are evidence of him getting vaporized or erased. I also don't appreciate the condescending remarks such as the "Do better" comments. As I don't see the need to repeat what I or others have already said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back