• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Grievous VS Senator Armstrong - General VS Senator

WeeklyBattles said:
Twellas said:
Grevious also still has a "touch me here and I'm dead" point that Armstrong can access very easily.
I mean so does armstrong so
no not really, Armstrong can survive as long as his heart isn't destroyed completely, and his heart is far better concealed than Grevious'

And i get that Grevious' armor is made of metal that has a very high melting point, but what about the organic stuff beneath? Yeah, the metal doesn't melt, but it still burns whatever is beneath

It is entirely in character for grievous to use all four arms in combat but it's also in character for him to lead with to to use his arm splitting ability as a sneak attack

Oh, let's not forget, Armstrong is the faster one here, he can counter\react to stuff that is faster than his combat speed

and why exactly would Grevious be vastly above High 7-C? From what i gathered his tier comes mostly from scaling to Obi-wan, who (and i quote) "should be comparable" to Anakin, who in turn "should be superior" to a 271 kt feat. Where does the "vastly" come into play here?

Twellas said:
and why exactly would Grevious be vastly above High 7-C? From what i gathered his tier comes mostly from scaling to Obi-wan, who (and i quote) "should be comparable" to Anakin, who in turn "should be superior" to a 271 kt feat. Where does the "vastly" come into play here?
The 271 kiloton feat was performed by Ezra Bridger early into his training as a padawan with little control over the Force. Anakin is vastly above jedi who in turn scale vastly above ezra.

They still fought evenly for a long time.

Anywho, the vastly comes from the fact that the fact that it was literally a padawan who did the original feat.

And honestly I don't remember Anakin being vastly above Jedi as a whole. I don't know, this scaling seems wonky to me, especially since it merges force powers with physical stats, but whatever

The Wright Way said:
They still fought evenly for a long time.
Anywho, the vastly comes from the fact that the fact that it was literally a padawan who did the original feat.
It's stated on Ezra's page that he performed the feat with help from a far more skilled character, he didn't do it on his own

Obi-Wan is a Jedi Knight, The 271 Kiloton feat was done by a Padawan, and he scales to Anakin who beat Count Dooku.

But couldn't even scratch General Grievous

Guys, how many times do I have to say that the feat wasn't performed by Ezra alone, he had help from Kanan

Twellas said:
Guys, how many times do I have to say that the feat wasn't performed by Ezra alone, he had help from Kanan
The feat together yielded 500+ kilotons my guy, hence why its split in half

ok, but why would we assume that a far less powerful and skilled character performed half of the feat? Uh whatever, let's not derail this.

I'm still to receive an answer regarding Grevious' resistence to heat, his armor can withstand it, but what about the organic stuff beneath that is going to be in contact with the heated metal?

Twellas said:
ok, but why would we assume that a far less powerful and skilled character performed half of the feat? Uh whatever, let's not derail this.

I'm still to receive an answer regarding Grevious' resistence to heat, his armor can withstand it, but what about the organic stuff beneath that is going to be in contact with the heated metal?
The armor acts as a heat shield, armstrong would have to break it to be able to burn his innards

Also just want to note that armstrong made it a point to catch the HF blade in his hand against raiden, if he dmtried the same thing with grievous' lightsabers hes losing his hands

WeeklyBattles said:
Twellas said:

The armor acts as a heat shield, armstrong would have to break it to be able to burn his innards
Does it now? Because it's not listed on the profile

Yes, grievous has been on the inside of a flaming starfighter crash that iirc exploded and his innards werent burned

WeeklyBattles said:
Also just want to note that armstrong made it a point to catch the HF blade in his hand against raiden, if he dmtried the same thing with grievous' lightsabers hes losing his hands
Yeah, he did it because he knew it was not a threat to him. I mean, you still have to prove that the LS would get past the nanomachines, and losing limbs is not a problem for Armstrong, just the contrary actually, it gives him a sharp weapon

Twellas said:
Holy shit we completely forgot that Armstrong has electromagnetism and can toss around metallic objects
Two things:

1. Has he shown the ability to use it against enemies directly, like has he thrown raiden aroilund with it?

2. How much has he shown to be able to lift with it?

Also lightsabers dont cut thinga at a sharp ot jagged angle, they make clean cuts, he wouldnt be left with anything sharp if he gets cut it would just be a smooth, cauterized surface

Two things:

1. Has he shown the ability to use it against enemies directly, like has he thrown raiden aroilund with it?

He can't use it against enemies with comparable lifting strength. He can easily toss around metal stuff though. Like multiple tanks, jets et cetera

Two things:

1-he didn't use it against Raiden because he's not made of metal, he's made of Carbon Nanotubes, so electromagnetism doesn't work on him

2-he can casually throw around several choppers, should be comparable to Monsoon who can throw around massive balls of metal

He never used it on any characters because nobody in MGR is made of metal, but there is nothing implying he couldn't

WeeklyBattles said:
Also lightsabers dont cut thinga at a sharp ot jagged angle, they make clean cuts, he wouldnt be left with anything sharp if he gets cut it would just be a smooth, cauterized surface
So does the Murasama, and since Sam cut Armstrong's arm at an angle he got a foot-long blade out of it

Back