• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Senator Armstrong (7-0-0)

How good is armstrong with Danmaku?

To my knowledge, He doesn't seem to good and will proceed to get demolished by Sans

But i will wait for others before voting

Ok, outside of Levitation and Shockwaves, both of which are options he only uses when pissed, what can Armstrong actually do before getting blasted and dying to Karmic Retribution related to the many, many, MANY war crimes caused by World Marshall Inc.

Ok, outside of Levitation and Shockwaves, both of which are options he only uses when pissed, what can Armstrong actually do before getting blasted and dying to Karmic Retribution related to the many, many, MANY war crimes caused by World Marshall Inc.
Karmic Retribution is a fan name. Not Canon.

Either way, Armstrong's ******.
How good is armstrong with Danmaku?

To my knowledge, He doesn't seem to good and will proceed to get demolished by Sans

But i will wait for others before voting
We don't know, and as such, We shouldn't assume that this BRUTE FORCE FIGHTER can handle intricate Danmaku.

I don't know what the **** OP was smoking when thinking this Match was a good idea, but damn.

I mean, if Armstrong manages to do anything at all Sans evaporates since all his punches can create shockwaves or explosions. But his first move is usually to quickly dash in for a throat grab, and if Sans hits him even once during that his soul is wrecked. I’m not sure if it’s a stomp, Armstrong can easily win, but I’m leaning towards decisive victory for sans. Though, to put it out clearer, Armstrong can literally flex and kill Sans here since he’s harmed raiden with shockwaves by doing so.

I mean, if Armstrong manages to do anything at all Sans evaporates since all his punches can create shockwaves or explosions. But his first move is usually to quickly dash in for a throat grab, and if Sans hits him even once during that his soul is wrecked. I’m not sure if it’s a stomp, Armstrong can easily win, but I’m leaning towards decisive victory for sans. Though, to put it out clearer, Armstrong can literally flex and kill Sans here since he’s harmed raiden with shockwaves by doing so.
Armstrong's shockwaves are a meter or two in AoE around him(he doesn't cause them with punched either). Sans starts like 30 meters away. Armstrong isn't closing that gap.

Shit, if it was 5 meters Armstrong wouldn't be closing that gap!

Two meters or so to harm a 7-B+ character, sans is 9-B. I can understand it being an arguement for if it should just dead stop or not. Though, again, that doesn’t really scream stomp to me than a decisive win. A stomp is if the opponent literally can’t win from what I’ve been told, Armstrong can absolutely win it would just be cartoonishly hard. I’m pretty sure Armstrong’s punches have had the shockwave effect animated on them a few times, I would need to recheck.

Both start 30 meters away

Armstrong not being a UT character means he has 20 HP

Sans can massacre a 99 HP in seconds

Imagine Armstrong with 20 HP

Plus the agressiveness Sans attacks on his first attack

The match wouldn't last 3 let alone 5 seconds

Kinda stompish to me

Hp is a gameplay mechanic, Armstrong would just die since he lacks soul resistance (I know for some strange reason staff argue it doesn’t ignore durability, but that makes zero sense it’s a soul attack). But Sans could just die too if Armstrong managed to do anything at all including flexing in his general area (arguable how close). I think it’s just an easy win not a stomp since sans could super horrible die if he messes up even slightly.

Hp is a gameplay mechanic, Armstrong would just die since he lacks soul resistance
Actually, It's not, There are alot of threads where it's not (I saw some)

Sans vs Galactus (Fortnite) If i'm not mistaken, You can go check that thread
(I know for some strange reason staff argue it doesn’t ignore durability, but that makes zero sense it’s a soul attack).
I think it's because of the armors in game?
But Sans could just die too if Armstrong managed to do anything at all including flexing in his general area (arguable how close). I think it’s just an easy win not a stomp since sans could super horrible if he messes up even slightly.
What is there to mess up?

Senator just charges to the enemy while Sans just barrages with an agressive style

I imagine Armstrong could think twice about charging in if a wall of bones and giant demon skulls just suddenly appeared out of a skeleton man standing right in front of him. Which could lead to many different events happening that both characters could take. Much in the way that a normal fight could be complex while the overall actions are still pretty simple. Dodging and throwing stuff and who stands where is what I mean with that.

A versus thread is not a good place to point for something being a way it is on a profile, I guess I could read the crt later. But armor I find to be a particularly goofy reason to say a soul attack is somehow physical (not referring to karma to make that clear, if that was what you were referring to). That could absolutely say something about the armor, and considering some of the armor is like regular cloths and such that could say something about Frisk. Though I’ll make that thread later since it doesn’t matter here since Sans is the one character that has durability negation for one reason or another.

I imagine Armstrong could think twice about charging in if a wall of bones and giant demon skulls just suddenly appeared out of a skeleton man standing right in front of him. Which could lead to many different events happening that both characters could take. Much in the way that a normal fight could be complex while the overall actions are still pretty simple. Dodging and throwing stuff and who stands where is what I mean with that.
Fair
A versus thread is not a good place to point for something being a way it is on a profile, I guess I could read the crt later. But armor I find to be a particularly goofy reason to say a soul attack is somehow physical (not referring to karma to make that clear, if that was what you were referring to). That could absolutely say something about the armor, and considering some of the armor is like regular cloths and such that could say something about Frisk. Though I’ll make that thread later since it doesn’t matter here since Sans is the one character that has durability negation for one reason or another.
I think it's like this;

The armor works like a physical and soul defense, That's why it's listed as limited

Sans can negate all of that

But feel free to change that, I want full durability negation again XD

I definitely want to try when I get more free time. the biggest thing is that levels in UT are purely just a measurement of how violent you are. Yet when they rise Frisk absolutely gets stronger in both offense and defense. So the armor could absolutely just making them more durable from the feeling of protection it gives to frisk just as the feeling of violence makes them stronger in general. Also like how being determined can make you stronger too. UT has feelings be power alot.

Two meters or so to harm a 7-B+ character, sans is 9-B. I can understand it being an arguement for if it should just dead stop or not. Though, again, that doesn’t really scream stomp to me than a decisive win. A stomp is if the opponent literally can’t win from what I’ve been told, Armstrong can absolutely win it would just be cartoonishly hard. I’m pretty sure Armstrong’s punches have had the shockwave effect animated on them a few times, I would need to recheck.
There is literally 0 proof of Armstrong's shockwaves reaching 30 ****** meters lol

Or even 5

To clarify, I absolutely get them not going that far. But Armstrong is the faster character with faster movement speed, he can get close to sans very easily and two to three meters away he can flex and severely harm a 7-B+. The wave extending out further loses its ability to harm raiden, but sans is literally thousands of times weaker, it’s reduced power could still very likely kill him from greater distance. Ignoring that him punching the ground can definitely make explosions that can reach that distance. It was mainly just pointing out how badly sans can die if Armstrong gets to do anything.

To clarify, I absolutely get them not going that far. But Armstrong is the faster character with faster movement speed, he can get close to sans very easily and two to three meters away he can flex and severely harm a 7-B+. The wave extending out further loses its ability to harm raiden, but sans is literally thousands of times weaker, it’s reduced power could still very likely kill him from greater distance. Ignoring that him punching the ground can definitely make explosions that can reach that distance. It was mainly just pointing out how badly sans can die if Armstrong gets to do anything.
Armstrong could be 999999999999⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹x faster then sans and it wouldn't matter cause speed is equal.

If it wasn't, Armstrong would dumpster cause Sans is like, Hypersonic lol

And, bluntly put, we go by proof of how far the shockwaves go, not by assumptions.

Speed equalization definitely has been changed for a while now since it’s annoyed me on many threads. The speeds are brought down at relative rates to the slower character, the faster character can absolutely still attack and move faster, just the combat speed tries to remain equal.

I’ve absolutely seen threads that agree with a vastly higher tier AoE should have better effect against a cartoonishly lower tier character. But since that’s entirely up to person to person, it’s an agree to disagree (and I’ve seen this from staff too to clarify). However, to quickly drop it, let me remind you I’m voting for sans, and that to be pedantic Armstrong still has many ways to hit from either causing an explosion by punching like the one that covered the metal gear to the ground explosions, to just chucking something at Sans which he does against raiden. He can kill sans, very easily at that, it’s just stupidly hard because of sans personality and attacks.

No.

Speed equal means their speeds are equal.
Basically.

Just like, read this lol

Sorry for the late response, I was watching a movie. I will just say the speed equalization rules change so much. If we did go back the old way that’s good, but I’ve been told by staff in many threads that attack speed and movement speed is only lowered relatively to the combat speed and it’s made a ton of matches super weird in the past.

“The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character.
Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.”

I just read it and it says exactly what I was saying, Armstrong would be faster here, even with speed equalization, because our rules on that are goofy.

“The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character.
Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.”

I just read it and it says exactly what I was saying, Armstrong would be faster here, even with speed equalization, because our rules on that are goofy.
sigh

How fast can Armstrong punch? For each single centimeter Armstrong moves his hand, Sans can move his hand one aingle centimeter. Thats how Combat Speed Equalization works in this case

That’s combat speed which is the most equalized of the speeds. My point is movement speed, Armstrong can short burst dash vastly faster than normal and that dash, as shown by the Sam fight, can absolutely last enough to get right in Sans’s face really quickly. Quickly enough to win, likely not, but quickly enough to be a massive threat and one of the many reasons this isn’t a stomp.

That’s combat speed which is the most equalized of the speeds. My point is movement speed, Armstrong can short burst dash vastly faster than normal and that dash as soon by the Sam fight can absolutely last enough to get right in Sans’s face really quickly. Quickly enough to win, likely not, but quickly enough to be a massive threat and one of the many reasons this isn’t a stomp.
Show me where on Armstrong's profile it says his movement speed is faster then his combat speed.

Go ahead, show me.

Show me the proof that for every centimeter Armstrong dashes Sans can't move his arm once centimeter.

Sans moving his arm a cm doesn’t do anything though, he has to move his full hand for a move to come out. He’s not attacking with each tiny movement of his arm. Though I got to go again, be back later.

Sans moving his arm a cm doesn’t do anything though, he has to move his full hand for a move to come out. He’s not attacking with each tiny movement of his arm. Though I got to go again, be back later.
By the time Armstrong crosses one meter of the over thirty he has to cross, Sans could have already slammed his soul on the ground and be halfway through bringing bones up to body him in under a second from their perception

I don't understand the point here. Armstrong having faster movement speed is irrelevant in this fight since that's just running large distance speed.

Combat/Reaction speed is the speed you can dodge, block, and fight at.

Armstrong's attack speed isn't separate from his combat speed so no blitzing or whatever you're trying to say is happening here.

This just sounds like you don't understand the rules as they're written. Assuming both of them move at the same time, the time it takes Armstrong to cross 1 meter Sans can move his arm 1 meter as well. However, nothing in Sans or Armstrong profile they have faster movement speed. In fact Sans has the advantage here since his attack speed with the Gaster Blasters is far higher than his combat/reaction speed. Meaning it would still be faster compared to Armstrong.

Yeah Sans crushes this fight easily.

Back