• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nyan (One Punch Man) vs Senator Armstrong (MGR) (0-8-0)

Recon1511

He/Him
Ziller didn't want to make this matchup but I do, so here we go.

Nyan
cf5a76a5ebb0c1d36835d2692b764f90.gif

VS

Senator Armstrong
6adf2284-a15e-4a87-b0f0-458b603be90e

czech-republic-1798537_1280.jpg

• Both are 7-B, Armstrong upscales from 23 megatons, Nyan upscales from 13 megatons.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Starting distance: 30 meters

Nyan:

Armstrong (8): @Chariot190 @FarerPurple @That_moron @TyranoDoom30 @GlaceonGamez471 @Unknownnah @Adem_Warlock69 @XSOULOFCINDERX

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Armstrong uses pretty hefty flames and heat in a good chunk of his attacks.
And his physical blows do have heat behind him (Grazing Raiden's chin made it glow).

Yeah I know, but Nyan is pretty nimble and prefers to dodge and outmaneuver rather than face his opponents head on.

Anyway, Nyan's main wincon is getting inside Armstrong's body and tearing him apart from the inside.

Yeah, he's the definition of claytronics, his whole body is nano's basically.

Honestly everywhere except his heart I'd bet money on. And even his heart is a bit wacky.

Then Nyan trying to enter his body and rip apart his insides should be exponentially less effective than normal unless he specifically destroys the heart.

Then Nyan trying to enter his body and rip apart his insides should be exponentially less effective than normal unless he specifically destroys the heart.
He has all the time in the world to figure it out once he is in

Also shouldn't Armstrong be a complete cyborg then? 🤔

If memory serves, Drive Knight cooked him, Armstrong's punches and flames would almost certainly do the same. He's going to have issue doing so, and it's also important to remember, Armstrong can regenerate all organ damage except that of his heart, even his brain (Stated to be above Vamp's nano's).

Armstrong is barely even human yeah, but he isn't a cyborg, Doc actually says he's basically a claytronic entity. Not a cyborg, but not even really human either, he's kinda his own thing.

If memory serves, Drive Knight cooked him, Armstrong's punches and flames would almost certainly do the same. He's going to have issue doing so, and it's also important to remember, Armstrong can regenerate all organ damage except that of his heart, even his brain (Stated to be above Vamp's nano's).
Yeah he did but Drive Knight's Gold Form heat only worked because Drive Knight cooked Nyan while he was inside of him, incinerating his whole body (and even then Nyan survived though heavily injured)

Armstrong fire AoE is good and all but it's nothing that Nyan can't just maneuver around

So? It cooking him while he was within doesn't change the fact Armstrong's heat would do the same.

Nyan also has to get close to Armstrong to enter him, what's stopping Armstrong from just using shockwaves to bounce him back or into the pillars of fire he's going to have around the place?

So? It cooking him while he was within doesn't change the fact Armstrong's heat would do the same.

Nyan also has to get close to Armstrong to enter him, what's stopping Armstrong from just using shockwaves to bounce him back or into the pillars of fire he's going to have around the place?
Don't his shockwave attacks take some time to go off?

Anyway fire AoE attacks aren't really his first move either, from what I saw he decides to start with direct CQC and while Nyan doesn't start with dura neg it is something he does inmediatly when he sees a chance for it, Armstrong charging at him or Nyan getting an opening thanks to dodging a punch from the Senator with his body control is exactly the kind of chances he would get here.

Don't his shockwave attacks take some time to go off?
Not really? he just goes "a" then he emits a burst.

Fire shit is one of his go to moves, we see it against Raiden (Phase 2) and Sam where it's used constantly.
He didn't use it phase 1 against Raiden, but he was also sandbagging there.

In fact, it's actually one of his leads, he uses it actively, sometimes as a lead, and when he doesn't, it's still used every other attack.

Do note, Armstrong's punches in general have high heat, and he can cover himself ablaze as seen there.

Hmm yeah that changes things, Nyan isn't an idiot so he wouldn't try to get near a guy that is basically on fire so he would just maneuver around him spamming Feline Retribution shockwaves from range but it won't do a lot, and at that point he would just leave the battlefield but SBA dictates that can't happen so incon I guess?

Unless Armstrong can't set himself on fire all the time or Nyan creates enough rubble around the guy to catch him by surprise.

Armstrong can set himself on fire whenever he pleases.

Armstrong also has shockwaves. Some big, some actually pretty massive.

Armstrong also isn't a idiot, he might just punch the ground and create a huge web of flames if he suspects he's hiding.

Armstrong's flames can hurt people that can shrug off lightning and plasma.

Armstrong can set himself on fire whenever he pleases.

Armstrong also has shockwaves. Some big, some actually pretty massive.

Armstrong also isn't a idiot, he might just punch the ground and create a huge web of flames if he suspects he's hiding.
I mean he can hide on the ground, buildings, everywhere really as long as there is an opening of at least 3 milimeters. Creating more rubble with shockwaves just gives Nyan more mobility to just spam Feline Retribution from afar and given his cowardly and sneaky nature he will keep his distance once he figures out he can't do much in melee range.

I mean he can hide on the ground, buildings, everywhere really as long as there is an opening of at least 3 milimeters. Creating more rubble with shockwaves just gives Nyan more mobility and he actually has the range advantage with Feline Retribution and given his cowardly and sneaky nature he will keep his distance once he figures out he can't do much in melee range.
Perhaps, but none of that actually stops the AOE from hitting him, hiding in a crack won't stop the gorilla glue AOE burst from blowing wherever he's hiding apart and doing damage.
And if he opts to hide, I can see Armstrong beginning to spam his more wider attacks just to see if he can lure him out or hit him anyway.

Perhaps, but none of that actually stops the AOE from hitting him, hiding in a crack won't stop the gorilla glue AOE burst from blowing wherever he's hiding apart and doing damage.
And if he opts to hide, I can see Armstrong beginning to spam his more wider attacks just to see if he can lure him out or hit him anyway.
Then he just sneaks further into the ground, every AoE attack that Armstrong makes will just create more rubble and more openings for Nyan to maneuver around. And even if his AoE attacks do go into Nyan's direction he can just use his elasticity to dodge and hide again.

This is why I think it's most likely an incon, its just Armstrong chasing around a cat that is impossible to catch if he doesn't want to get catched. I mean have any of you guys tried to catch a cat?

sneaks further into the ground

What ground my dude.
Armstrong can create giant huge sinkholes by not even punching the ground directly (See him punching excel, and then caving in the ground beneath it). He can cause the ground to erupt in a blaze of flames, etc.

Hiding in the ground is actually a bad idea, it won't stop him from getting hit. In fact it might even put him point blank for the flames.

And using his elasticity only helps to escape if the flames don't cook his ass from below.
I mean have any of you guys tried to catch a cat?
Yes. Twice.

What ground my dude.
Armstrong can create giant huge sinkholes by not even punching the ground directly (See him punching excel, and then caving in the ground beneath it). He can cause the ground to erupt in a blaze of flames, etc.

Hiding in the ground is actually a bad idea, it won't stop him from getting hit. In fact it might even put him point blank for the flames.

And using his elasticity only helps to escape if the flames don't cook his ass from below.

Yes. Twice.
Fair, counting votes now.

What ground my dude.

Yes. Twice.
wait wait since when did he cave in that ground
wasn't that just the hole that excelsus made when it rose from the floor?

wait wait since when did he cave in that ground
wasn't that just the hole that excelsus made when it rose from the floor?
Since like, forever ago. It's just the hole didn't add much to the calc value so everyone was like meh whatever.

The excel hole is like a billion times deeper (it's actually a tunnel) and like a hundred meters away (don't forget Raiden tossed that bad boy away from it).

Back