• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puny nanomachines... (MCU Hulk vs. Senator Armstrong)

Look, even if I don't get approval from the other voters, I just want to point this out in that while the MGR treats Armstrong as something close to an unkillable boss (and to an extent the people in this matchup), I feel can't help but feel that this means that people tend to treat his nanomachines as being indestructible to the point of it being NLF. But in order for me to explain, let me just talk on the Armstrong boss fight a bit.

Raiden was only win thanks to the speed amp he got from ripper mode as well as the murasama. That doesn't necassarily mean that Armstrong was impossible to defeat without it, it just simply meant that Armstrong was just too physically strong for Raiden to harm him once those nanomachines were hardened. If Raiden was at a level comparabe to that of Armstrong, he would have been able to rip out Armstrong's heart without needing the Murasama "cut open" a path to it. It wasn't as if Armstrong was invulnerable until he got stabbed by the Murasama, he was simply too durable for Raiden to damage through traditional means until he got a new HF blade, which was much more sturdier and of better quality than his old standard HF blade and possed the hax neccassary to weaken Armstrong's nano machines.

Now take that in contrast to the Hulk. Sure, he doesn't exactly have cutting power, but he does have the Anger power necassary to reach a greater level of AP than Armstrong's nano machines can endure. And while Armstrong does have regen, it doesn't necassarily mean invincibility from harm. He can still be harmed. And given that he has a VERY prominent weakness in the form of his heart controlling his nanomachines, the regen isn't going to stop his heart from being hurt in the first place, considering its shown to be the weakest point in his entire body.

In MGR, he is the god tier in terms of AP and had the durability to render his weakness a relatively moot point. In this matchup, this weakness comes front and center against somone who can not only match his strength, but even possibly surpass it and his nanomachine hardened body. Once the heart is compromised, his nanomachines, his regen, his hardening powers and even his life come to an abrupt end, so all the Hulk needs is to be angry enough to give a strong one punch (man) to fell the senator.

@FireSwordHero the issue is that Armstrong upscales to a ludicrous degree from the value in AP already, and his durability is higher then that.

In fact, I don't think there's an advantage Armstrong DOESN'T have, AP, Durability, LS, Skill(By a ******* gigantic margin I might add), intelligence, hax, Regen...

How exactly is this fair for Hulk? He turns into a nice crispy piece of toast if he's hit by Armstrong's Plasma-level fire(He will be, if you catch Hulk dodging let me know), he's beaten badly in an Unga Bunga match, and Armstrong just straight up has better regen

Fair, enough, I'll concede on the speed part. That being said, his nanomachines do have limitations. Mainly in the fact that his nanomachines require absorbing external energy to be fully functional, the resulting energy/time limit duration
Not even true, the whole time limit shit is made up, fake news, it's why we discarded that years ago.
They just need energy to activate, and even then.
and the fact that destroying his heart, or even damaging it for that matter, could impair or deactivate the entire process
Which he can't do here.
And your aruguement is just as wrong as well, because your arguement implies that Armstrong becomes invulnerable to the point where its a losing fight for the hulk.
Durable to the point that a dude currently stronger than the Hulk can't do **** all with hundreds of blows. Coupled with regen. The ability to skill **** and outright way stronger to begin with.
It is a losing fight for The Hulk.
The hardening only makes him more durable, not invincible.
Yes, so much more durable that someone above the Hulk needs a super quantum duraneg sword to even really hurt him.
And the hulk can GET STRONGER.
He does, to bad Armstrong could just KO him and call it a day long before he gets to that point like we see happen multiple times. (Not withstanding Hulk is capped to this tier anyway)
Even if we were to lowball the potential increase in strenth and assume that hulk only reaches the high end of 7B, which is 100 megatons, that would still put him above Armstrong's 63 megaton feat.
The thing is, it isn't Armstrong's feat, it's from a dude way the **** below him. Hulk being not even 2x stronger than him at 100 megatons somehow punching a hole through his chest to destroy his heart is laughable given he's explicitly above Vamp's regen and endurance.
Once Hulk rages up, Armstrong's body becomes just as vulerable to being damaged as any other person,
Except, Hulk is gonna be 1. On the ground laid out. 2. Not strong enough because he ain't gonna hit tier 6 or some shit, either because that's now how matches with keys work or because of point 1.
and with his heart being his weakpoint,
By that logic Hulk's heart is a weak point too, this is such a nothing argument when Hulk can't do shit to harm it.

all Hulk needs is one good hit to the chest for Armstrong's heart to be impaired or outright destroyed.
Yeah just like a amped angry boosted Raiden with a super sword striking his chest numerous times did right?
And he doesn't need to even rip it out to get the one, a sufficient strike from the outside would suffice to crush the heart from the outside.
Do you not know what claytronics entails? His whole body, is made of nanomachines, the flesh and muscle outside to in is going to harden in response to the impact and stop the heart from getting hurt.
Also I've never seen any guides or fact books that suggest that Armstrong's internal organs can harden the same way as his skin does. That being said, I'm willing to concede if im wrong here, but this doesn't change or affect my arguement.
It effects your argument completely, his whole body is nano's. hell, we even see his arm get sliced off once and it's solid the whole way through.
Also Hulk's LS can get higher as well with rage, so I don't think the LS advanatage is as great as you think it might be.
Armstrong>>>>>>Raiden>>>>Raiden>>>>Raiden>>>>Raiden>>>>Raiden with one arm, poisoned, and dying ~ 3 million tons >literally a 100x above Hulk's LS.

Fair enough, I still think Hulk wins this.
Hulk gets laid flat by a punch to the head within the first 30 seconds. Hulk's weakness here is way less difficult to get off compared to Hulk needing to get dozens of times stronger, needing a speed amp and somehow not getting laid out before that happens.

I feel can't help but feel that this means that people tend to treat his nanomachines as being indestructible to the point of it being NLF. But in order for me to explain, let me just talk on the Armstrong boss fight a bit.
They aren't indestructible, but they may as well be by people in the same tier with him, like if Goku hit him yeah he's ******, but a dude in the same ballpark? Bruh.

They aren't indestructible, but they may as well be by people in the same tier with him, like if Goku hit him yeah he's ******, but a dude in the same ballpark? Bruh.
Honestly I could probably put Armstrong in a match with some of Warcraft's 7-As and it'd be fair he upscales that much

Armstrong has superior AP/durability which he can amp, ranged attacks, and intelligence. I vote for the greatest gaming villain of all time.

This borders on unfair, what wincons does Hulk have?

the greatest gaming villain of all time.
kanye-west-smh.mp4

Back