• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Grievous VS Senator Armstrong - General VS Senator

Cool, Grivous isnt made of titanium and titanium is not inherently ferromagnetic

Youre going to have to prove that Armstrong can apply his magnetism manipulation to nonferromagnetic metals if you want to continue this line of debate

WeeklyBattles said:
Cool, Grivous isnt made of titanium and titanium is not inherently ferromagnetic
Youre going to have to prove that Armstrong can apply his magnetism manipulation to nonferromagnetic metals if you want to continue this line of debate
D-did you even read what i wrote? You said that non-ferrous=non-magnetic, and i brought up the example of Titanium, a non-ferrous metal, actually having magnetic properties, simply weaker than others, same with gold, which proves that the idea that "non-ferrous=non-magnetic" is false. We are never told what type of magnetism Armstrong uses, but since he is able to attract some Military Helicopters, which are predominantly made of Aluminium Alloy (source) we can safely say that he's not limited to Ferromagnetism.

Also, when did you prove that Grevious is non-ferrous? Let me guess, "it's never stated to be ferrous, which means it's not"? Because last i checked nowhere is it stated that Duranium is non-ferrous, all we know is that it's a very tough alloy, and guess what, ferrous alloys are by and large the strongest alloys, with non-ferrous alloys being used primarily for their light weight ald duttility.

On a sidenote, about Armstrong's skills, the Wiki states that he mainly uses wrestling, sumo and he incorporates some football moves. In his fight with Sam we can clearly see some judo throws.

In his fight with Sam we can also see that he has an amp that makes him at least faster and possibly stronger

He really didn't. First he had his whole monologue while on top of the EXCELSUS, then he powered up and even after charging he was extremely casual. In his fight with Sam he started off by talking to him and trying to convince him, he did that against Raiden only because he knew his rhetoric wouldn't work on him without some major pain to back it up.

Armstrong will probably start with some small talk, probably power up a little and then start beating the crap out of Grievous

SpookyShadow said:
Armstrong will probably start with some small talk, probably power up a little and then start beating the crap out of Grievous
Seeing as grievous is still over 2x stronger and more durable than amstrongs ap beating the crap out of him is unlikely

This also implies that grievous doesnt immediately lead with and likely succeed at cutting armstrong multiple times with his lihhtsaber before armstrong even manages to land a blow on him

So again, other than lifting streng4h I dont see what advantage armstrong has here that would allow him to beat grievous. Grievous is stronger, more agile, immensely more skilled, more versatile, has a weapon that can bypass and nullify his regen, has the ambush advantage of being able to split his arms mid combat to catch the opponent off guard with two more lightsabers, and arguably has the stamina advaantage if armstrong tries to spam hardening.

Also armstrong makes it a point to allow opponents to hit him or actively tries to catch their weapons to showcase his superiority, whereas not only does grievous not do that but armstrong doing so against a lightsaber gets his hands cut off. Armstrong also does not try to use magnetism against opponents directly and as agreed on above its extremely unlikely that grievous is magnetic to begin with.

I dont see how armstrong can take the majority of wins. Its pretty clear that grievous is the winner here more times than not.

Well I know how Grievous scales (I think), Obi wan couldn't even Scratch grievous with his strongest punch, and Obi wan was able to stalemate Sith amped Anakin, who is above Normal Anakin, who overpowered and was Stronger than Count Dooku (his Skill was the Reason why he's far above the Likes of Grievous and Obi wan), Dooku kept up with Ventress and 2 nightcrawlers when he was poisoned and eyes closed and almost one shot them when he used Force Lighting, and Ventress is able to keep up with a weaker Obi wan that was already stated to be Jedi Knight level which would put him above The 271 kiloton feat.

So Physically General Grievous>>Obi-Wan=Sith Amp Anakin>Anakin>Dooku>>>Ventress>/=/< a weaker Obi-wan>271 Kilotons

But even a Padawan with lightsaber can cut Grievous so...

General Grievous with Lightsaber>>>General Grievous Durability

Is this how it works?

Ah, you still gotta prove that the lightsaber gets through the nanomachines, and remember that as I've proven Armstrong's electromagnetism would work

WeeklyBattles said:
So again, other than lifting streng4h I dont see what advantage armstrong has here that would allow him to beat grievous. Grievous is stronger, more agile, immensely more skilled, more versatile, has a weapon that can bypass and nullify his regen, has the ambush advantage of being able to split his arms mid combat to catch the opponent off guard with two more lightsabers, and arguably has the stamina advaantage if armstrong tries to spam hardening.
Also armstrong makes it a point to allow opponents to hit him or actively tries to catch their weapons to showcase his superiority, whereas not only does grievous not do that but armstrong doing so against a lightsaber gets his hands cut off. Armstrong also does not try to use magnetism against opponents directly and as agreed on above its extremely unlikely that grievous is magnetic to begin with.

I dont see how armstrong can take the majority of wins. Its pretty clear that grievous is the winner here more times than not.
Armstrong is faster, he can amp himself as we saw in his fight with Sam. As i said, you are greatly overplaying the AP advantage here, as Armstrong scales ridiculously above 121kt (no sells the explosion, can casually oneshot a guy who tanked said explotsion while half dead). The murasama also cauterizes, Nanomachines don't care about that, how do you even cauterize nanomachines of a guy who resists extreme heat? And again, still gotta prove that the LS would even bypass his nanomachines. Armstrong already dealt with faster and more skilled opponents (as i said at least 10 times now) and you still bringing up the stamina argument honestly shows that you don't even bother reading what we write. Again, assuming that LS would get past his nanomachines just because and (as i said at least a thousand times) his electromagnetism is AOE, he can attract stuff that isn't even in his line of sight. His ridiculous lifting strength advantage basically results in him pinning down Grevious and tearing him limb from limb

Twellas said:
Ah, you still gotta prove that the lightsaber gets through the nanomachines, and remember that as I've proven Armstrong's electromagnetism would work
You still have not given a reason why it wouldnt get through the nanomachines. Ive already explained that due to a combination of grievous' scaling chain avove the 271 kilotons that is already over 2x higher than armstrongs durability, his feat of being able to cut through material molecularly designed to be reaistant to the cuts from lightsabers, and lightsabers ignoring durability on their own, he would be able to cut through armstrongs nanomachines.

You actually didnt prove hes magnetic

It's honestly getting kind of boring how you keep bringing up arguments despite me debunking them already multiple times

I'll repeat that Armstrong can take Ripper Mode Raiden's punches and his dura is > Raiden's who can withstand massive plasma cannons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Twellas said:
You still have not given a reason why it wouldnt get through the nanomachines. Ive already explained that due to a combination of grievous' scaling chain avove the 271 kilotons that is already over 2x higher than armstrongs durability, his feat of being able to cut through material molecularly designed to be reaistant to the cuts from lightsabers, and lightsabers ignoring durability on their own, he would be able to cut through armstrongs nanomachines.
You actually didnt prove hes magnetic
and once again, your point boils down to "don't see why it couldn't, so it can" and AGAIN with highballing the difference.

I won't even touch that magnetic stuff, you're obviously trolling at this point

I don't need to prove that Grevious is magnetic, i already proved that Armstrong can manipulate non-ferrous metals, and you yourself claimed (with no proof whatsoever btw) that Grevious is non-ferrous

Armstrong is not faster, speed is equalized and he has no speed amp on his profile.

Grievous scales ridiculously above the 271 kiloton feat (undamageable by obi wan who matched anakin who stomps other jedi who scale massively above the 271 kiloton feat performed by an untrained padawan).

Armstrong didnt beat someone through skill, he beat raiden through durability and strength, neither of which he has over grievous in this fight something you are very obviously ignoring at this point.

Magnetism wont work against a non magnetic opponent.

Twellas said:
I don't need to prove that Grevious is magnetic, i already proved that Armstrong can manipulate non-ferrous metals, and you yourself claimed (with no proof whatsoever btw) that Grevious is non-ferrous
What non ferrous metals can he manipulate?

WeeklyBattles said:
Twellas said:
What non ferrous metals can he manipulate?
He throws around military helicopters, which are predominantly made of Aluminium Alloy, a non-ferrous alloy, this is the source

WeeklyBattles said:
Armstrong is not faster, speed is equalized and he has no speed amp on his profile.
Grievous scales ridiculously above the 271 kiloton feat (undamageable by obi wan who matched anakin who stomps other jedi who scale massively above the 271 kiloton feat performed by an untrained padawan).

Armstrong didnt beat someone through skill, he beat raiden through durability and strength, neither of which he has over grievous in this fight something you are very obviously ignoring at this point.

Magnetism wont work against a non magnetic opponent.
His amp is listed under "aura", look at it.

Ridiculously is a very strong word, especially when we have no idea how he actually scales compared to Anakin, and you are assuming that the Padawan performed half of that feat, which is not only unlikely, but also a complete assumption.

How many times do i have to tell you that i NEVER, NEVER talked about Armstrong's own skill? What i said at least 10 times at this point is that HE CAN DEAL WITH MORE SKILLED OPPONENTS even when he doesn't have neither the speed nor the strength advantage (again, look at the Post-Murasama fight, where he fought Raiden on fairly equal terms despite Raiden being far, FAR more skilled, faster, stronger and constantly growing in strength. What i said is that he already fought a stronger and more skilled opponent fairly evenly, and said opponent only managed to win because he had a troupe of people telling him to target Armstrong's weak point, something Grievous would have no way of knowing.

Again, he throws around objects made of non-ferrous alloys, which is the same kind of material you claim Grievous is made out of

On a sidenote, couldn't find any proof of Grievous resisting heat, where is it from?

WeeklyBattles said:
Incorrect, military grade helicopters regularly use stainless steel in their frames
That link states that 80% of an helicopter's weight is composed of Aluminium alloy, said link doesn't even mention steel frames btw

WeeklyBattles said:
You also never proved that he would use magnetism against grievous himself
He spammed this attack against Sam, someone he had absolutely no interest in using it against, It's safe to say he's going to use it on a guy that's made of metal

Oh btw, you still gotta show a shred of proof of Duranium being non-ferrous, especially when non-ferrous alloys tend to be significantly weaker than ferrous ones

Back