• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

There is no division of cosmology based on author or whatever you mentioned, it is one of the Hindu concepts that only exists in the sphere of the Gods.
There is no such thing as a cosmological division, everything is DCU [main dcu or Black label]

DC Comics is now increasingly clarifying the existence and duties of every meta-physical creature.

Before the sphere of the gods/map of the multiverse was created, you were free to say anything. But gods [Archetypes] only existed in the sphere of the gods and the silver city that was once considered the peak of existence had been replaced many times by something new.

Perpetua, overvoid, true form great darkness, final heaven etc.
Just follow the storyline, there's nothing wrong with the placement and you didn't answer my question, thank you.

Don't just look at the difference, the difference is not that big, if you say the story is not the same. This Lucifer doesn't even follow the storyline of 2000's Lucifer.
Because there are infinite multiverses located in the greater omniverse. that makes all the storylines canon [another version of multiverse], I think it's okay to use that feats.
The important thing is that the layer of existence does not change, so it doesn't look strange.
That's not how continuity or canon works. It's not so much so the infinite Multiverses make it all connected. It just highlights that the Greater Omniverse contains different creators of different creations. These creations are not accredited to be directly mentioned in the other author's stories since all of them focus on the primary Multiverse which was changed throughout different runs.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp.
smile/brahman > brahma > true form pralaya > Lucifer > odin/achiless > lord of chaos.
Brahma is lower than Pralaya according to Matteis lore.
the similarities are clear:
•The concept of divinity is also the same, explaining the concept of divinity in Hinduism.
°the sea of nothingness is part of brahma sleep.
°The Ocean void of Brahma created naraka and perhaps the entire realm of the underworld, because it was different from the others [deeper than all the realms of the underworld].
°Even Yahweh's plan did not reach that place.
The sea of nothingness isn't part of the sleep. It is the sleep.

As for your “divinity” point, it doesn't really matter because Naraka is just a realm that's focalized to be nearly equivalent to Hell. It isn't part of Hell, it's a Hell of its own based on the Hindu belief which predates the Judeo-Christain view.
In the Concept of Hinduism, the story is also like that:
°Pralaya is part of the Brahma Ocean
°there is a cycle, the beginning is the end, the end is the beginning. [a concept like this only existed in the Sphere of the gods].
That scan highlights Kabbalah and the Tree of Life. Those pictures are mentions of each sefirot of the Tree, which has nothing to do with Hinduism nor has Matteis ever used Kabbalah. The level is also referencing all of Creation, not just the Sphere.
°Brahman/smile beyond the sea of brahma/pralaya.
°yahweh is one of the most Powerful gods that ever existed [only in the sphere of the gods], even his plans did not reach the sea of brahma.
°brahman/smile > yahweh/lucifer > odin/achiless [gods in the sphere of the gods] who is stronger than lord of order
It never said Yahweh was in the Sphere. When he can make and unmake Creation at will. Not to mention his stated to be one with the Void.
According to dmatheis comics, smile >> lord of order.
The current story only explains the layers of existence more clearly.
What current story? They don't mention layers of existence well like how Matteis did.
Stories about the creation of everything, Including
naraka [Hell in Hinduism], the creation of concepts etc, Brahman In the story of Lucifer also creates gods who have their own concepts, such as the goddess of misfortune.
Is this your reason for saying these are better explanations of layers? From what I've seen and read it doesn't really do anything other than show other religions.
Every god is the creator of everything according to his servants and once again, things like this only exist in the sphere of the gods.

so perpetua > monitor sphere > sphere of the gods
Do you agree with my opinion?
I don't agree with anything except Perpetua at full power being above these beings.

@Ramasugita11 I reiterate that, DC cosmology has been divided into its each continuity namely the cosmology crisis and in the future is spiritual cosmology. where spiritual cosmology has no connection with crisis cosmology, which means there will also be no monitor world, fifth dimension, sixth dimension and also crisis event material in that cosmology.

Provide evidence that Vertigo and DC cosmologies have differences

It never said Yahweh was in the Sphere. When he can make and unmake Creation at will. Not to mention his stated to be one with the Void.
The very terminology of the plane of existence, which includes the gods, was invented much later, but this does not negate its presence before creation. Creation is only one of the multiverse. The void is just a plane on which multiverses are created, even Darkseid is larger than it

The very terminology of the plane of existence, which includes the gods, was invented much later, but this does not negate its presence before creation. Creation is only one of the multiverse. The void is just a plane on which multiverses are created, even Darkseid is larger than it
The Void at the end of Lucifer is way greater than Lucifer or any gods. Yahweh is the highest order and above the Endless who are the highest order within Creation beyond any gods. It's not just where things are created, it's everything and nothing where all things come back to. I'm not talking about the Abyss or the Void from Metal. The Lucifer Void is as close to what Matteis depicts as God as Parabrahman or the absolute Brahman.

The Void isn't a plane. It encompasses infinite Creations upon infinite and all that amounts to just 0 to a small portion. What you suggest is Darkseid > Lucifer, Yahweh, Void, Endless.

The Void at the end of Lucifer is way greater than Lucifer or any gods. Yahweh is the highest order and above the Endless who are the highest order within Creation beyond any gods. It's not just where things are created, it's everything and nothing where all things come back to. I'm not talking about the Abyss or the Void from Metal. The Lucifer Void is as close to what Matteis depicts as God as Parabrahman or the absolute Brahman.
What happened before now does not matter for new comics, where The Void fits into the name of Darkseid.

the Endless who are the highest order within Creation beyond any gods.
This has never been stated. Endless same inhabitants of the world of gods

What you suggest is Darkseid > Lucifer, Yahweh, Void, Endless.
Anti-life has been called the end of all gods and things, and this is still Vertigo cosmology. Cain in the body of Vandal Savage declared that any New God is stronger than Yahweh. Anti-life expelled Yahweh, which has been confirmed several times.

This is gonna be really tacky as the New Gods have just about too many anti-feats, which heck, disqualifies them from being platonic/living thoughts. Although, if they're indeed platonic and have just about the same nature as the realms they inhabit, I frankly see no reason why they shouldn't scale to it. Also, the obvious problem it's mostly the 'top dogs' in these realms who've shown a level of superiority over the mortal plane and not just any inhabitants, as they do have 'civilians', if you will. So, even if they do, it should be for a named few.
Well, they were said to be platonic/living thoughts despite anti-feats like Darkseid being somewhat matched by Asmodel while his godhead/true form was restored. I think they should be either Unknown or scale to their Pre-Crisis selves. As you just said, they have many anti-feats despite sharing a similar nature to the Sphere of the Gods...

Last edited:
What happened before now does not matter for new comics, where The Void fits into the name of Darkseid.
The Void isn't Darkseid. Where was this mentioned?
This has never been stated. Endless same inhabitants of the world of gods
Garames literally state that the wanted to take into a role older than the gods. Octavius has mentioned they're the highest order beyond the gods. Dream is the reason why the gods even exist and will return to their realms.
Anti-life has been called the end of all gods and things, and this is still Vertigo cosmology. Cain in the body of Vandal Savage declared that any New God is stronger than Yahweh. Anti-life expelled Yahweh, which has been confirmed several times.
Darkseid and Anti-Life aren't one-for-one.

Last edited:
Well, they were said to be platonic/living thoughts despite anti-feats like Darkseid being somewhat matched by Asmodel while his godhead/true form was restored. I think they should be either Unknown or scale to their Pre-Crisis selves. As you just said, they have many anti-feats despite sharing a similar nature to the Sphere of the Gods...
Yeah, I agree. Although, I think Darkseid should be a special case, as his newly assembled Godhead incorporates all his comic iterations ever.

That's not how continuity or canon works. It's not so much so the infinite Multiverses make it all connected. It just highlights that the Greater Omniverse contains different creators of different creations. These creations are not accredited to be directly mentioned in the other author's stories since all of them focus on the primary Multiverse which was changed throughout different runs.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp.

Brahma is lower than Pralaya according to Matteis lore.

The sea of nothingness isn't part of the sleep. It is the sleep.

As for your “divinity” point, it doesn't really matter because Naraka is just a realm that's focalized to be nearly equivalent to Hell. It isn't part of Hell, it's a Hell of its own based on the Hindu belief which predates the Judeo-Christain view.

That scan highlights Kabbalah and the Tree of Life. Those pictures are mentions of each sefirot of the Tree, which has nothing to do with Hinduism nor has Matteis ever used Kabbalah. The level is also referencing all of Creation, not just the Sphere.

What current story? They don't mention layers of existence well like how Matteis did.

Is this your reason for saying these are better explanations of layers? From what I've seen and read it doesn't really do anything other than show other religions.

I don't agree with anything except Perpetua at full power being above these beings.
You haven't provided proof of the greatness of the smile/god, the concept of divinity in DC Comics is diverse, duality is natural, omnipotent? Normal thing, the end of everything? Normal thing

Darkseid:
Become everything
Anti-life duality
Everything is darkseid
I'm the End of Everything
I am the beginning and the end of all things
Darkseid is END
Omnipotent

Btw, I'm going to start a new [DC Cosmology] composite.

You haven't provided proof of the greatness of the smile/god, the concept of divinity in DC Comics is diverse, duality is natural, omnipotent? Normal thing, the end of everything? Normal thing

Darkseid:
Become everything
Anti-life duality
Everything is darkseid
I'm the End of Everything
I am the beginning and the end of all things
Darkseid is END
Omnipotent

Btw, I'm going to start a new [DC Cosmology] composite.
Can you stop? I don’t understand what you’re currently discussing and I also don’t really care, but there’s like barely anyone on this site that’s actually knowledgeable on DC. I don’t think there’s any real supporters left either. You’re talking to a brick wall. Whatever composite revision you’re planning to do won’t be effective and I don’t think you’re going to gain anything from debating the people in this thread or those who enforced the nonsensical headcanon that’s currently being used for DC on this site.

Can you stop? I don’t understand what you’re currently discussing and I also don’t really care, but there’s like barely anyone on this site that’s actually knowledgeable on DC. I don’t think there’s any real supporters left either. You’re talking to a brick wall. Whatever composite revision you’re planning to do won’t be effective and I don’t think you’re going to gain anything from debating the people in this thread or those who enforced the nonsensical headcanon that’s currently being used for DC on this site.
Then leave(2)
We discuss, not argue

If Xearsay is just going to continuously pop up to complain about how we handle things, it may be better for him to go elsewhere, yes.

Yeah, I agree. Although, I think Darkseid should be a special case, as his newly assembled Godhead incorporates all his comic iterations ever.
I'm not very sure. In Joshua Williamson's JL Incarnate series, Darkseid was not shown to be anywhere near to tier Low 1-C. He was matched by the likes of Asmodel and a guy whose armor was forged from the Emotional Rings.

The Void isn't Darkseid. Where was this mentioned?
The Void on which universes are built fits into his name

Garames literally state that the wanted to take into a role older than the gods. Octavius has mentioned they're the highest order beyond the gods. Dream is the reason why the gods even exist and will return to their realms.
It doesn't make anyone stronger. Being beyond something is not necessarily formulated as superiority over something, unless there is more precise specificity. The reason you were born does not make you weaker than the one who gave birth to you. Yhwach was stated to be the strongest in the world of gods, but Anti-Life is a god killer, and this is all said in the same comic.
Darkseid and Anti-Life aren't one-for-one.
At the time of the Crisis, all New Gods possessed Anti-Life. New gods are stronger than Yahweh. And even in the Crisis it is confirmed that Yahweh is the creator of the multiverse in which the Crisis takes place, which does not contradict Vertigo

I'm not very sure. In Joshua Williamson's JL Incarnate series, Darkseid was not shown to be anywhere near to tier Low 1-C. He was matched by the likes of Asmodel and a guy whose armor was forged from the Emotional Rings.
Yeah, while that's true, Darkseid did easily defeat the Quintessence - the most powerful order of beings in the multiverse, from a higher plane of existence/reality. He also held his own pretty well against Empty Hand who's from a higher order of reality and is beyond our comprehension. Note the emphasis on ORDER. Reality being ordered in metaphysical planes of existence is a common schtick in DC, as one ascends into Unity. Anyway, the wiki treats these stuffs as a single D-jump. Pretty vague, I know.

Last edited:
Yeah, while that's true, Darkseid did easily defeat the Quintessence - the most powerful order of beings in the multiverse, from a higher plane of existence/reality. He also held his own pretty well against Empty Hand who's from a higher order of reality and is beyond our comprehension, incapacitating Wonder-Mite. Why, it isn't directly stated to be Wonder-Mite, the context "little people" and it's identical nature to Wonder-Mite of the Fifth Dimension does fit. I really don't know how the wiki treats Empty Hand, but I think he's higher dimensional.
I'm pretty sure that's Earth 42 Wonder Wonder there, not Wonder-Mite. Earth 42 is a chibi version for Earth 0 and it's heroes. Hence why Nightwing, as Batman appears as a chibi at the start of the Multiversity Guidebook comic. That's the context of the little people. It has nothing to do with the 5th dimension.

I'm pretty sure that's Earth 42 Wonder Wonder there, not Wonder-Mite. Earth 42 is a chibi version for Earth 0 and it's heroes. Hence why Nightwing, as Batman appears as a chibi at the start of the Multiversity Guidebook comic. That's the context of the little people. It has nothing to do with the 5th dimension.
Yeah, my bad. I'll edit it out

Yeah, while that's true, Darkseid did easily defeat the Quintessence - the most powerful order of beings in the multiverse, from a higher plane of existence/reality. He also held his own pretty well against Empty Hand who's from a higher order of reality and is beyond our comprehension. Note the emphasis on ORDER. Reality being ordered in metaphysical planes of existence is a common schtick in DC, as one ascends into Unity. Anyway, the wiki treats these stuffs as a single D-jump. Pretty vague, I know.
Maybe, but a full Low 1-C tier would remain bizarre for Darkseid, even for his true form.

Here's how characters scaling to the Crisis Cosmology should be:
  • The New Gods would be Low 1-C for sharing a similar nature to the Sphere of the Gods which is qualitatively superior to the material world.
  • Empty Hand would be Low 1-C for fighting Darkseid in his true form, with the former considering himself more than his equal.
  • Pariah does not have a profile yet but would be Low 1-C, possibly High 1-C via his connection to the power of the Great Darkness for being superior to Darkseid and Empty Hand and affecting the Divine Continuum.
  • Hecate and the Upside-Down Man would be Low 1-C for scaling to each other and Hecate is more powerful than all gods. (See the note below...)
  • Monitors, Mandrakk, Thought Robot would be 1-C for being qualitatively superior to Comic Book Limbo which is positioned above the Sphere of the Gods on the map of the multiverse without transcending it.
  • Mister Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite would be High 1-C for sharing a similar nature as the Fifth Dimension which exists and flows all around and between the realms of the Divine Continuum.
  • Monitor, Anti-Monitor, World Forger would be High 1-C in the Sixth Dimension for having a superior stature than all entities inhabiting the multiverse, including those who inhabit the Fifth Dimension.
  • Perpetua would be High 1-C for being above the Ultra-Monitor whose power was considered by the Anti-Monitor to be "unlike anything he felt before" and her fight against the Darkest Knight raged across all facets of reality. (See the note below...)
  • Darkest Knight would be High 1-C, likely 1-B for defeating and killing Perpetua using fragments of the Source Wall and would have killed the Hands.
  • The Hands would be 1-B for transcending everything on the main DC Universe, including the Sixth Dimension.
  • The Light of Creation (Source/Overvoid/Presence) would be 1-B for transcending and encompassing absolutely everything and everyone in the Crisis Cosmology.
  • The Great Darkness would be 1-B for preceeding and equaling the Light of Creation in power.
Note that I'm not using the feat of the Upside-Down Man infecting the Other Place with "his reality" for the simple reason that Swamp Thing was able to do the same thing with the Other Place. This is more of a battle of belief and magic than an actual battle of raw power, so it does not adhere to Tier 1-C.

Although Perpetua has described her power as only being able to destroy one universe at a time, which has been clearly demonstrated throughout the story, her position and scaling in the cosmology gives her a higher tier, without forgetting that she possesses all the dark forces of creation. She said she regained the power she had before her imprisonment, but Snyder said her stature had diminished since her imprisonment and so she would not adhere to a Tier 1-B like the rest of the Hands, unless a second key is made.

Last edited:
  • The New Gods would be Low 1-C for sharing a similar nature to the Sphere of the Gods which is qualitatively superior to the material world.
  • Empty Hand would be Low 1-C for fighting Darkseid in his true form, with the former considering himself more than his equal.
  • Pariah does not have a profile yet but would be Low 1-C, possibly High 1-C via his connection to the power of the Great Darkness for being superior to Darkseid and Empty Hand and affecting the Divine Continuum.
  • Hecate and the Upside-Down Man would be Low 1-C for scaling to each other and Hecate is more powerful than all gods. (See the note below...)
  • Monitors, Mandrakk, Thought Robot would be 1-C for being qualitatively superior to Comic Book Limbo which is positioned above the Sphere of the Gods on the map of the multiverse without transcending it.
  • Mister Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite would be High 1-C for sharing a similar nature as the Fifth Dimension which exists and flows all around and between the realms of the Divine Continuum.
  • Monitor, Anti-Monitor, World Forger would be High 1-C in the Sixth Dimension for having a superior stature than all entities inhabiting the multiverse, including those who inhabit the Fifth Dimension.
  • Perpetua would be High 1-C for being above the Ultra-Monitor whose power was considered by the Anti-Monitor to be "unlike anything he felt before" and her fight against the Darkest Knight raged across all facets of reality. (See the note below...)
  • Darkest Knight would be High 1-C, likely 1-B for defeating and killing Perpetua using fragments of the Source Wall and would have killed the Hands.
  • The Hands would be 1-B for transcending everything on the main DC Universe, including the Sixth Dimension.
  • The Light of Creation (Source/Overvoid/Presence) would be 1-B for transcending and encompassing absolutely everything and everyone in the Crisis Cosmology.
  • The Great Darkness would be 1-B for preceeding and equaling the Light of Creation in power.
Note that I'm not using the feat of the Upside-Down Man infecting the Other Place with "his reality" for the simple reason that Swamp Thing was able to do the same thing with the Other Place. This is more of a battle of belief and magic than an actual battle of raw power, so it does not adhere to Tier 1-C.

Although Perpetua has described her power as only being able to destroy one universe at a time, which has been clearly demonstrated throughout the story, her position and scaling in the cosmology gives her a higher tier, without forgetting that she possesses all the dark forces of creation. She said she regained the power she had before her imprisonment, but Snyder said her stature had diminished since her imprisonment and so she would not adhere to a Tier 1-B like the rest of the Hands, unless a second key is made.
It is a very consistent layer of existence.
Looks very nice, agree

Daniel hall should be l1c, right? and Barbatos is above him because he burned Lucien's library and was also stated to have killed Alpheus.

#Edit

Last edited:
It is a very consistent layer of existence.
Looks very nice, agree

Daniel hall should be l1c, right? and Barbatos is above him because he burned Lucien's library and was also stated to have killed Alpheus.

#Edit
Barbatos was not shown to be exactly above Daniel Hall who should indeed be Low 1-C, he was simply threatening the Dreaming via the side effects of bringing the "horrors" of the Dark Multiverse to the main DC Multiverse.

Edit: The Endless case in Crisis Cosmology also contradicts Vertigo Cosmology since in Vertigo, the Endless are embodiments of their concept throughout all creations and don't appear to be limited to their realms, while in Crisis Cosmology, the Endless appears to be strictly limited to their realms which lie in the Sphere of the Gods.

Last edited:

Looks great.

Okay, great. Anticipating 🙂
I haven't had much time to work on this but here's a brief start:

Crisis Cosmology - The Forces of Creation​

Existence in the DCU is made up of several cosmic forces, all gathered through two poles: Crisis Energy; Anti-Life, Chaos Magic, ect, primarily around greed, predation, and selfishness. Connective Energy; Speed Force, Emotional Spectrum, ect, around the unification of all lives and stories into a single generational history. These forces are said to govern the multiverse and are described as strings stretched across the DC Multiverse.

I haven't had much time to work on this but here's a brief start:

Crisis Cosmology - The Forces of Creation​

Existence in the DCU is made up of several cosmic forces, all gathered through two poles: Crisis Energy; Anti-Life, Chaos Magic, ect, primarily around greed, predation, and selfishness. Connective Energy; Speed Force, Emotional Spectrum, ect, around the unification of all lives and stories into a single generational history. These forces are said to govern the multiverse and are described as strings stretched across the DC Multiverse.
Preamble looks good. Might be a bit tasking indexing each of the Forces, so just ping if you need help. & Remember SF is the most powerful of them all xD 😉

And that makes Darkseid any different?
They were to become everything. Even then these sentiments hold little precedent with how Darkseid usually gains power to achieve those levels.
Relevance? The Source contained both sides of Life and Anti-Life. Darkseid merely shortly won the war within him dying throughout the next following event of Final Crisis.
Darkseid very boastful nature though he has been bested many times before.
Conceptually speaking about himself. Many have claimed this for themselves.
He didn't finish his goal in both occasions.
“Omnipotent” Ha!

The Void in Lucifer was absolute. Darkseid in Infinite Froniter was just being built with the importance of Earth Omega and the bigger threat. If you count the Darkness as a Void then it should be the final Void.
It doesn't make anyone stronger. Being beyond something is not necessarily formulated as superiority over something, unless there is more precise specificity. The reason you were born does not make you weaker than the one who gave birth to you. Yhwach was stated to be the strongest in the world of gods, but Anti-Life is a god killer, and this is all said in the same comic.
Anti-Life was created by Darkseid. He just used it to formulate something to control all things with despair and take away free will.

The Endless were written by Neil Gaiman as beyond any and all gods excluding Yahweh.
Cain being possessed by the Anti-Life equation and severing the Omega(Darkseid/End) claims that Darkseid is ultimate. Despite his dying and being broken crawling until Rox Omaga would drain him in his domain.

Not a very reliable source to use. Might as well ask Zauriel whose more powerful: his creator or Darkseid.

Back