• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Why didn't anyone use the scan from issue 4(page 5) of Sandman Overture? Not sure about which type of Acasuality it would grant, but I recall a scene where Dream visited his father, Time. As they talked, it's stated that said realm reversed Cause and Effect or disconnected it entirely.

I'm by no means an expert with it comes to powers and abilities. So I'll leave that up to everyone else to judge what that would grant and for who.

I would appreciate some feedback on my Time Trapper sandbox

Quickly glancing over it, the content is solid, but the actual write-up could definitely use some work. It’s too much to edit it one fell swoop, but I’ll try to edit each paragraph one at a time.

Throughout the 21st century, the DC Cosmology was established primarily by four authors: Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, and Joshua Williamson. Collectively, these individuals were responsible for the development of concepts such as the Overvoid, the Monitors, Perpetua, the Dark Multiverse, the Collective Unconscious, etc. Their iteration of the cosmology draws heavily from principles preordained by previous authors; notably, the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Monitor/Anti-Monitor, and the Endless. It is worth mentioning that, while there were major differences between Williamson's work and that of Synder/Tynion IV a year prior, most of these contradictions can be explained through Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths and Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green. Essentially, despite some discrepancies between these authors’ interpretations, in the grand scheme of things, their portrayal of DC’s setting is consistent enough to be considered a single cosmological continuity.

@Antvasima Regarding your earlier @, yes I am willing to help with improving the quality of the DC pages; I intend to eventually make a thread that sorts through which pages are salvageable and which pages are better off gone. From there I’ll try to pump out CRTs. Though having recently got into Nursing school, I’m very busy with school work so it may be a while. I’ll have much more time post-December.
Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙂

So, the new DC Encyclopedia is out and they have some interesting things on Monarch. The Encyclopedia calls him a living paradox, and implies the armor itself makes people into hosts of Monarch. It also retcons out Extreme Justice from the timeline entirely and says only Nathaniel Adam and Hank Hall were Monarch.

Obviously, this doesn't remove Captain Atom's dark side being called Monarch, because he had the dark side before he got the armor and it simply adopted the name, but it is interesting

Also, when will the DC Comics herald-level characters be upgraded? It has been several months now.

@LordTracer @Armorchompy @Emirp sumitpo
Outside of being busy with IRL stuff, we’ve got like 83 characters that need to be updated, and a lot of them are having their AP justifications completely rewritten, having scans and references added, etc.

There is contractions regarding the Great Darkness between Tynion's Justice League Dark and Williamson's Justice League Incarnate. The Great Darkness in Tynion's story is described as residing in, or being, the dark Sphere of the Gods surrounding the Dark Multiverse, where the Upside-Down Man resides. The Great Darkness in Williamson's story is described as the vast black canvas where the Light of Creation or Overvoid or Presence emerged.

I had this theory to reconcile the two things for the Crisis Cosmology page: when the Light of Creation grew and everything was no longer nothing, the Great Darkness screamed and retreated into the Darkworld which was used interchangeably with the Great Darkness and the place where the Upside-Down Man resides, where it slumbered for an eternity until a piece of the darkness escaped and nearly destroyed Heaven until it made a truce with the Light. When the multiverse was recreated by the Hands, the Great Darkness once again became beyond the Omniverse and beings like the Upside-Down Man were after its powers.

Note that the Great Darkness itself has clarified that it was not the cause of any crisis, nor did it seek to destroy the Multiverse, contrary to what Doctor Multiverse believed.

What do you think?

The link to my draft page: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Elizio33/Sandbox9

Last edited:
There is contractions regarding the Great Darkness between Tynion's Justice League Dark and Williamson's Justice League Incarnate. The Great Darkness in Tynion's story is described as residing in, or being, the dark Sphere of the Gods surrounding the Dark Multiverse, where the Upside-Down Man resides. The Great Darkness in Williamson's story is described as the vast black canvas where the Light of Creation or Overvoid or Presence emerged.

I had this theory to reconcile the two things for the Crisis Cosmology page: when the Light of Creation grew and everything was no longer nothing, the Great Darkness screamed and retreated into the Darkworld which was used interchangeably with the Great Darkness and the place where the Upside-Down Man resides, where it slumbered for an eternity until a piece of the darkness escaped and nearly destroyed Heaven until it made a truce with the Light. When the multiverse was recreated by the Hands, the Great Darkness once again became beyond the Omniverse and beings like the Upside-Down Man were after its powers.

Note that the Great Darkness itself has clarified that it was not the cause of any crisis, nor did it seek to destroy the Multiverse, contrary to what Doctor Multiverse believed.

What do you think?

The link to my draft page: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Elizio33/Sandbox9
Seems fine.

What do you think?

However, are you absolutely certain that these two versions of the cosmology should be reconciled, given the contradictions?

However, are you absolutely certain that these two versions of the cosmology should be reconciled, given the contradictions?
Eh i find it pertinent enough since the Great Darkness was stated to be a sliver of the power of the Upside-Down Man in Tynion's story

Back