• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I believe luffy would definitively beat whitebeard but I can't scale one piece and have been consistently wrong regarding my takes so I can't argue it. I'll just vote for luffy for the arguments presented.

I'm still of the belief that Prime Whitebeard would beat current G5 Luffy, or at least the Luffy that fought Kaido. I believe that by the time Luffy fights Blackbeard, he'll have surpassed the top dogs like Primebeard, but if you want my opinion, he isn't there yet. I still think Luffy took advantage of Kaido having been worn out from his repeated battles to win his fight. But even with all the advantages that G5 provides, I still believe that Whitebeard's Haki, Basento, and devil fruit powers would give him a slight edge in this battle. So I vote Primebeard.

Luffy: 8 (Eseseso, KingTempest, TheMonkeMan, Darkvie123, TauanVictor, Da3ggman, FluffyCreatureZ, Maitreya)

Whitebeard: 5 (Godernet, DaReaperMan, That_moron, CiscoTheSoto, Hellscream)

I have counted the votes of those who clearly stated they are voting, if your name is not here yet, you should make your vote.

Edit: Adding more votes.

Last edited:
Luffy: 7 (Eseseso, KingTempest, TheMonkeMan, Darkvie123, TauanVictor, Da3ggman, FluffyCreatureZ)

Whitebeard: 4 (Godernet, DaReaperMan, That_moron, CiscoTheSoto)

I have counted the votes of those who clearly stated they are voting, if your name is not here yet, you should make your vote.
Where's my vote?

That would 8 for Luffy and 5 for Whitebeard.

Grace period can start.

I believe luffy would definitively beat whitebeard but I can't scale one piece and have been consistently wrong regarding my takes so I can't argue it. I'll just vote for luffy for the arguments presented.
No lol, luffy is not beating primebeard at all atleast not as of now

Anyone that voted for luffy here is wanking him out of proportion

No lol, luffy is not beating primebeard at all atleast not as of now

Anyone that voted for luffy here is wanking him out of proportion
Nah he is a true Yonko and has mastered all Haki (unless it's revealed that there is an even stronger level of Haki), he should be on his level if not at least close, and Luffy have far better hax and versatility.

They are both scaling from the same feat as well, so it's not like we have a definite proof of this power difference, and the Bajrang Gun is probably the strongest attack from a humanoid character that has appeared in the series.

Nah he is a true Yonko and has mastered all Haki (unless it's revealed that there is an even stronger level of Haki), he should be on his level if at least nearly, and Luffy have far better hax and versatility.

They are both scaling from the same feat as well, so it's not like we have a definite proof of this power difference, and the Bajrang Gun is probably the strongest attack from a humanoid character that has appeared from the series.
How is him being a true yonko relevant?
Except for that his hax is borderline useless and still nearly got beat to death by kaido who got hit with the combined attack of their entire alliance
We'll talk when Luffy can beat kaido in a 1vs1 as opposed to a 50vs1
And then we can talk about him beating a being even stronger than Kaido

Nah he is a true Yonko and has mastered all Haki (unless it's revealed that there is an even stronger level of Haki), he should be on his level if not at least close, and Luffy have far better hax and versatility.

They are both scaling from the same feat as well, so it's not like we have a definite proof of this power difference, and the Bajrang Gun is probably the strongest attack from a humanoid character that has appeared in the series.
This + future sight is a hard thing to counter against + Rubber body and environment is hard counter to Whitebeard’s quakes.

We'll talk when Luffy can beat kaido in a 1vs1 as opposed to a 50vs1
And then we can talk about him beating a being even stronger than Kaido
I will put in question whether Kaido was truly weakened, when at one point in the fight Luffy stated that Kaido's Haki was getting even stronger.

Fighting those 50 characters before Luffy wasn't enough to hamper his fighting abilities, that speaks volumes about Kaido's unrivaled endurance.

Rubber body gets Luffy hit with the full unrestrained weight of Whitebeard's quakes.
Rubber is very good at absorbing vibrations + Luffy changes the environment around him to being rubber as well which means that Whitebeard’s quakes get drastically reduced in potency because of that.

BTW Kaidou was getting tired during the G5 part of the fight but being tired doesn't make you hit less hard or less durable.

Rubber is very good at absorbing vibrations + Luffy changes the environment around him to being rubber as well which means that Whitebeard’s quakes get drastically reduced in potency because of that.
Except for that shockwaves were already proven to be extremely effective against luffy even without the use of haki, so yeah
Man's getting flattened

BTW Kaidou was getting tired during the G5 part of the fight but being tired doesn't make you hit less hard or less durable.
Yeah, his hold on Onigashima was getting weaker, though Luffy didn't note a drop on power or mobility from Kaido.

Except for that shockwaves were already proven to be extremely effective against luffy even without the use of haki, so yeah
Man's getting flattened

Brother nobody got flattened in the manga and I would argue than in the anime's case it was because Akainu is made of magma.

Current Luffy is far more resilience than this Akainu, especially in Gear 5th, where it is stated that he can take hits "any way he wants".

Man's getting flattened

1) why are you showing me an image of Whitebeard hitting Akainu and saying it’s “extremely effective against Luffy” when that isn’t Luffy being hit

2) why are you assuming Whitebeard isn’t using haki here when he’s literally touching a logia user. Someone who specifically needs haki to be touched.

3) Akainu got back up from this no issue and immediately took off a quarter of Whitebeard’s head.

2) why are you assuming Whitebeard isn’t using haki here when he’s literally touching a logia user. Someone who specifically needs haki to be touched.

3) Akainu got back up from this no issue and immediately took off a quarter of Whitebeard’s head.
Sickbeard's haki was flowing like actual dogshit

That's more of a testament to Akainu being an extreme endurance monster rather then Whitebeard's shockwaves being weak

1) why are you showing me an image of Whitebeard hitting Akainu and saying it’s “extremely effective against Luffy” when that isn’t Luffy being hit

What?
It's just a gif of what would happen to luffy it's not even an argument
Im talking about all shockwave based attacks that were proven to be effective against luffy, such as fishman karate, rokuogan etc.
Whitebeards quake fruit being LEAGUES above them.

Yeah, it's a severely weakened whitebeard that still 2 shot akainu what's your point?

Sickbeard's haki was flowing like actual dogshit

That's more of a testament to Akainu being an extreme endurance monster rather then Whitebeard's shockwaves being weak
I wasn’t arguing Whitebeard’s shockwaves were ever weak though. Just that it’d be less effective against Luffy due to the natural properties rubber has on vibrations interacting with them.

I wasn’t arguing Whitebeard’s shockwaves were ever weak though. Just that it’d be less effective against Luffy due to the natural properties rubber has on vibrations interacting with them.
Luffy would be taking more damage becuase he is absorbing the quakes though, he's not getting hit with a little of it he's getting hit with ALL of it

Luffy would be taking more damage becuase he is absorbing the quakes though, he's not getting hit with a little of it he's getting hit with ALL of it
Not when the whole environment around him is absorbing the quakes before they reach him, reducing their potency.

lol I like how people are completely ignoring the fact that shockwave based attacks were proven to be extremely effective in multiple fights

When he fought Jinbei in fishman island?
It wasn't strong enough to take down Luffy and Jinbe stated that it would work on anyone with water in their body, Luffy is no exception.

So it's not even like he was particularly weak to it, he just take the same amount of damage as anyone else, unless I'm missing something.

Back