• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Post-Udon training uh... hard to say, Luffy's Haoshoku Infusion is not that polished at this point, but thanks to his Beyond Advanced Busoshoku Haki he should be able to strike Whitebeard's insides.

The problem is: Whitebeard has such a high stamina that he wouldn't give a damn.

If Luffy goes Gear 4th he will eventually hit a limit, which would result in him losing if he can't defeat Whitebeard during that period of time.

And with Whitebeard's weapon, Luffy's rubber body wouldn't grant him any extra protection against cutting attacks.

So I think Whitebeard is taking this in the long run.

If this was Post-Haoshoku advancement, Luffy should be able to take this relatively easy due to his superior speed and not having to rely on Gear 4th (and let's not even mention Gear 5th and its High 6-A Yonko Destroyer attack).

Luffy needs to go Gear 4th to stand a chance, Luffy's durability negating strikes are good but even so WB would just endure them like Kizaru's lasers and Akainu's Magma which are more portent, not to mention WB in combat has shown to block or deflect these type of attacks with his Glaive or Ryuo emission which is different from Kaidou who just tanks things.

I believe WB would hold the AP advantage due to Haoshoku Infusion in this key and also has durability negation to counter Luffy's.

Whitebeard could definitely outlast Gear 4th's timelimit and win that way but honestly he wins regardless.

Last edited:
Well, Luffy has a better mobility and a possibly better AP. However, Whitebeard has a far better stamina, is more resistant(and can use Buso to higher his defenses just as Luffy) and, overall, a better haki(his haoshoku infusion is mad).

Puting together:

Luffy advantages: overall mobility and ap

Oldbeard advantages: higher stamina and durability.

Besides WB can deal more internal damage to Luffy, than Luffy to him, so I'm sticking with Oldbeard. He can compensate the AP gap with his stamina and durability, besides gura gura hit with buso and haoshoku infused would hurt a LOT. Oldbeard takes this with mid or high-difficulty.

Well if it's Primebeard then I don't really know, we haven't seen his full potential on prime yet. But supposing he's equal in tier and all, I think that I'd give it to Luffy due him being more haxy and versatile in 5th. Altough a serious hit from Primebeard, with all the amps, would hurt quite a bit, but nothing that Luffy would't be able to handle/survive.

Oldbeard vs Post-Udon Luffy: Oldbeard

Primebeard vs Post-Kaidou fight: Luffy

I mean, G3 Post-Udon Luffy hurt Kaido via dura neg so he could probably hurt Whitebeard with it in G3 Red Roc as well...

Buuuuut, like others have stated, Whitebeard can also use Buso Haki, not to mention Hao infusion and his absurd stamina, so I'm gonna give it to Whitebeard.

I'll also vote for Whitebeard due to his higher stamina, ability to utilize both his Haoshoku Infusion and Quake punches, and his Bisento being capable of slashing Luffy easily. That begins grace, and having taken inspiration from this thread, I've made another thread precisely with Haoshoku Awakened Luffy and Prime Whitebeard.

He's hurting WB with Red Roc

The issue is that the damage isn't putting him down

G4th's attacks are as strong as WB's regular slashes
I mean, his Kong Gatling might be able to badly damage WB since it did a lot of damage to Zoan Kaido, but that's not enough.

Back