• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Another interesting match. Though Luffy is stronger than his previous key, keep in mind that even after having advanced his Haoshoku Haki and learned to channel it into parts of his body, Kaido still defeated him with effort and threw him into the ocean, where he would've died had he not been saved, not giving Luffy the chance to awaken his 5th gear. Here, Whitebeard might just do the same, since he's stronger and faster than he was at Marineford and should naturally have even higher stamina than he did at Marineford as well.

Well, for this one will apply the comment that I used on the Oldbeard vs Luffy. So I go Luffy, but just for the sake of the discussion here it is:

Well if it's Primebeard then I don't really know, we haven't seen his full potential on prime yet. But supposing he's equal in tier and all, I think that I'd give it to Luffy due him being more haxy and versatile in 5th. Altough a serious hit from Primebeard, with all the amps, would hurt quite a bit, but nothing that Luffy would't be able to handle/survive.

═══════════════════════════ ═══════════════════════════ ═══════════════════════════ ═════════════════════

This, of course, supossing that Gear 5th isn't restricted.

keep in mind that even after having advanced his Haoshoku Haki and learned to channel it into parts of his body, Kaido still defeated him with effort and threw him into the ocean
This fit in his previous key
far higher with Strongest Attacks (Pummeled Full Zoan Form Kaidou with a Kong Gatling, repeatedly making him spit out blood[4]) or Haōshoku Infusion (Easily deflected Hybrid Form Kaidou's hits. Drew blood from Hybrid Form Kaidou and knocked him down with his own Haōshoku Infused attacks[5]. Clashed evenly with Hybrid Form Kaidou's Haōshoku Infusion[6])
This is after he rode back with Momo, aka the last fight before G5th

Whitebeard doesn't go through the resistance of rubber, internal vibrations don't work, Bajrang Gun crushes, I don't see much what Whitebeard does against, Luffy can take his gun away or even transform Earthquake waves in rubber, as it apparently turns energy into rubber

Another interesting match. Though Luffy is stronger than his previous key, keep in mind that even after having advanced his Haoshoku Haki and learned to channel it into parts of his body, Kaido still defeated him with effort and threw him into the ocean, where he would've died had he not been saved, not giving Luffy the chance to awaken his 5th gear. Here, Whitebeard might just do the same, since he's stronger and faster than he was at Marineford and should naturally have even higher stamina than he did at Marineford as well.
I feel like Luffy would still get saved by a fish or something, also remember that he has kung fu dugongs, which are semi aquatic, to save him, should he be thrown in the ocean. So long as said dugongs are within the area of the fight

Also, I wonder if Luffy can turn earthquakes into rubber or deflect them by raising up the ground like he did to Kaidou's Bolo Breath.
What's stopping Luffy from turning the Naginata that Whitebeard wields into rubber, btw?

Fair enough. I just realised something about the whole " he can send him into the ocean " thing...
Kaido tried to do that to Luffy again, but he failed since Luffy just zoomed back to Onigashima in like a second. Why would this time be different?

Why do people use Primebeard like we actually know what he was capable of at full power? The only thing that we have on Prime WB is Sengoku’s statement that is dismissed as a hyperbole by a majority of people (not me). I know that Luffy isn’t on the level of Roger yet, as Kaido implied that his Haki was on another level from Luffy’s, and WB was capable of fighting him.

My vote goes to Primebeard. It is too early for this rn.

Why do people use Primebeard like we actually know what he was capable of at full power? The only thing that we have on Prime WB is Sengoku’s statement that is dismissed as a hyperbole by a majority of people (not me). I know that Luffy isn’t on the level of Roger yet, as Kaido implied that his Haki was on another level from Luffy’s, and WB was capable of fighting him.

All he said was that Roger only needed Haki ( and technically a sword ) to conquer the grand line.

Btw do you mean Sengoku saying he was the strongest man? I think people confuse that for when he was old. To put it shortly people in verse thought he was still the strongest as they had not yet saw his illnesses and weaknesses. And thus they didn't know he was no longer the strongest, and fans confused this for him still being the strongest, and thus they think that people who were equal to him in battle during the war, like Akainu, were also the strongest.

Btw do you mean Sengoku saying he was the strongest man? I think people confuse that for when he was old. To put it shortly people in verse thought he was still the strongest as they had not yet saw his illnesses and weaknesses. And thus they didn't know he was no longer the strongest, and fans confused this for him still being the strongest, and thus they think that people who were equal to him in battle during the war, like Akainu, were also the strongest.
Write where I wrote that Sengoku said “he was the strongest man”.

honestly, most people are forgetting one simple fact about the whole luffy v kaido fight

luffy got his ass beat like 4-5 time in a row and even after unlocking gear 5 he just barely managed to beat kaido who has fought kid, law, zoro and luffy at once after they chucked big mom into the ocean he got his insides fried by law pummeled by both luffy and kid and cut up by zoro after which he fought yamato an awakened mythical user with advanced coc and even after all of that he fought a luffy who got rejuvenated through awaking his fruit and he nearly killed him twice with luffy having just barely enough stamina to throw that last Bajrang Gun after that he was in a short comma oh also forgot to mention kaido was putting a good amount of effort into making the whole of onigashima flout in the air for the whole fight

we take that into account and then we consider that it is pretty wildly agreed that primebeard and kaido are comparable to one another to the point where its debatable who wins between the two (primebeard) and its pretty clear to me that in a fair one on one fight luffy does not have the stats or the stamina to actually win his only shot at victory is bajrang gun and whitebeard ain't exactly the kaido type who will just stand there and take it he will either dodge or match it with his guro guro no-mi

I vote primebeard through far supiror endurance, comperable if not better AP, comperable dura, having a supreme blade and better combat skill(don't even whitebeard is a strategist on par with sengoku and is skilled enough with his supreme grade blade to match roger blow for blow and roger is at the very least comperbale to luffy when it comes to combat smarts)

Last edited:
honestly, most people are forgetting one simple fact about the whole luffy v kaido fight

luffy got his ass beat like 4-5 time in a row and even after unlocking gear 5 he just barely managed to beat kaido who has fought kid, law, zoro and luffy at once after they chucked big mom into the ocean he got his insides fried by law pummeled by both luffy and kid and cut up by zoro after which he fought yamato an awakened mythical user with advanced coc and even after all of that he fought a luffy who got rejuvenated through awaking his fruit and he nearly killed him twice with luffy having just barely enough stamina to throw that last Bajrang Gun after that he was in a short comma oh also forgot to mention kaido was putting a good amount of effort into making the whole of onigashima flout in the air for the whole fight

we take that into account and then we consider that it is pretty wildly agreed that primebeard and kaido are comparable to one another to the point where its debatable who wins between the two (primebeard) and its pretty clear to me that in a fair one on one fight luffy does not have the stats or the stamina to actually win his only shot at victory is bajrang gun and whitebeard ain't exactly the kaido type who will just stand there and take it he will either dodge or match it with his guro guro no-mi

I vote primebeard through far supiror endurance, comperable if not better AP, comperable dura, having a supreme blade and better combat skill(don't even whitebeard is a strategist on par with sengoku and is skilled enough with his supreme grade blade to match roger blow for blow and roger is at the very least comperbale to luffy when it comes to combat smarts)
Primebeard FRA

I’ll also vote for Primebeard due to his much higher stamina and greater experience than Luffy, which would eventually wear Luffy out since he needed several breaks and support to finally defeat Kaido.

Back