• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Quarterfinals, Match 3: Nacht vs Link

MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in Windsor Castle, in the inner courtyard of the upper ward
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Characters will be given only partial knowledge of all their opponent's abilities, particularly any dangerous abilities or immortalities
  • Characters will be given their standard equipment
  • Characters are allowed to change their strategy with their limited knowledge of their opponent's abilities and match conditions
  • The fight will be given a timer of 12 hours to conclude.
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA, with the addendum that characters lose when they remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends
    • Any characters that are projected to fight past 12 hours will be subject to "Sudden Death" where any immobilization, incapacitation, removal from the battlefield or death will only need to last 10 seconds before a victor is declared
    • Physical pinning is allowed, but the character must be pinned in such a way that they cannot harm the person pinning them
    • To clarify, a tournament victory only requires that the opponent remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends or for ten seconds during Sudden Death. Meaning that a character could lose a match under conventional VSThread rules but win the tournament match
  • The match will be allowed to continue as normal after the tournament-mandated timer ends for purposes of adding to the profile
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well
Nacht, Devil Union restricted (650 gigatons) vs Link, First Key (501 gigatons)

Nacht has the AP advantage. He is 1.3x stronger than Link. One could say that the advantage isn’t that much. However, Natch is one of the strongest, if not the strongest in his AP tier. Infact as I’m typing this off of memory, Nacht is stronger than pre time skip Black Mode Asta, post time skip Magna who defeated golems black Asta struggled with, stronger than Leopold, Leo’s heart kingdom squad, and post time skip Asta. So I can make a sizeable scaling chain.

Nacht may not need his AP, because he also has an LS advantage. He easily restrained Asta who scales well into class K. Quite a big chain with this one too, but it’s not needed.

Nacht’s movement speed is faster than Link’s. Infact he is 5588.4x faster than Link. So Link can’t outrun attacks, all he can do is evade attacks with his reaction and combat speed. But he will be overwhelmed eventually by the large numbers of shadow arms Nacht can cast.

Nacht has two magic techniques: Mana Zone and reinforcement magic. Reinforcement magic is used to amp speed and physical strength (AP and LS). Mana Zone is the most useful technique he can use in this fight. Mana Zone is a technique used to take control of the surrounding mana to amp your speed, AP, LS. It is not just a magic amp. With Mana Zone Nacht can react mid air, fly, run and stand mid air by creating spatial platforms. I’m not done, Nacht can cast spells from anywhere within the zone. Normally he can manipulate shadows which is practically everywhere, but with Mana zone he can summon shadows in the air and in a place with no shadow.

Nacht can also access any shadow across several hundreds of kilometers to do whatever he wants to do (teleport, attack, etc.) so he out definitely ranges.

And Non physical interaction is needed to nullify Nacht’s spells because it doesn’t physically exist.

That’s all for now, I will mention other things from his page when needed. Such as how crazy his stealth mastery is.

Nacht’s movement speed is faster than Link’s. Infact he is 5588.4x faster than Link. So Link can’t outrun attacks, all he can do is evade attacks with his reaction and combat speed. But he will be overwhelmed eventually by the large numbers of shadow arms Nacht can cast.
Isn't speed equalized here?
And Non physical interaction is needed to nullify Nacht’s spells because it doesn’t physically exist.
Link has Non-Physical Interaction

Ok so from what I understand Nacht has a better LS, Ap, and can amp his speed. Link can also amp his speed with the bunny hood but if I had to guess Nacth would still be faster.

I'll go into what link has here:
  • He's smarter and has better Stamina
  • His Enhanced Senses (Can naturally sense people behind him without them making a sound) would help if Nacth tries to attack by using his shadow
  • He can heal with potions
  • Light Arrows can dispel magics
  • The Song of Storms could maybe block out sun so there no shadows.
  • The Song of Time witch he can use to go back to the start of the fight.

Isn't speed equalized here?

seems like not everyone is aware of the speed equalizing rule. Makes sense cuz I found out a few months ago.

Basically if any other type of speed is slower or faster than your combat speed, when you combat speed is equalized your slower or faster speed will be raised or reduced by the same multiplier

for example if I am 2m/s combat speed and 4 m/s reactions and 1 m/s flight speed, during speed equalizing matches, my combat speed will be equalized, my reaction speed will be 2x faster, my flight speed will be 2x slower. I’ll edit this message with the rule in question, for now I’m busy.

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Last edited:
Link has Non-Physical Interaction

Looks good.

I'll go into what link has here:
  • He's smarter and has better Stamina
  • His Enhanced Senses (Can naturally sense people behind him without them making a sound) would help if Nacth tries to attack by using his shadow
  • He can heal with potions
  • Light Arrows can dispel magics
  • The Song of Storms could maybe block out sun so there no shadows.
  • The Song of Time witch he can use to go back to the start of the fight.

Based on these, the following are Nacht's wincons and defenses:

Wincon 1: Several shadow arms will attack Link from all angles. Link can't outrun but he can only dodge or react to them with something. So Link will get overwhelmed with the vast number of arms appearing in multiple directions. If push comes to shove, Nacht can use mana zone and overwhelm Link even more with arms coming from thin air, omnidirectionally.

Wincon 2: Several shadow arms will pin down Link from all angles. Everything I said in Wincon 1 applies here too.

Wincon 3: Dark Prison Hunting Ground

0272-012.png

Remember when I said Nacht can produce even more arms with Mana Zone? Yeah, he cranks the shit up to 11 and the arms become so much that he covers his entire Zone with arms to the point where it blocks out every light source. making the battlefield pitch black. Lastly, Nacht's presence can't be felt via extrasensory perception.

So Link just gets pummelled from all sides till he's knocked or dead.

Defense against Link's abilities:

He's smarter and has better Stamina

Nacht is good at strategizing and planning before battle. If things begin to not go well he is capable of coming up with more plans, he is very aware of things going on around him and he acts very quickly. Link may have superior intellect judging from his page, and it looks skill-based. So Nacht can cover this with strategy-based intellect. It shouldn't be too hard especially when Nacht's abilities look like they are very hard to deal with. So even if Nacht had average intelligence he would just spam attacks on Link.

Mana Zone allows Nacht to literally borrow magic from the surrounding. His physical stamina allows him to fight for 2 days but this match is only 12 hours long so no point of a stamina comparison tbh.

His Enhanced Senses (Can naturally sense people behind him without them making a sound) would help if Nacth tries to attack by using his shadow

Nacht's magic can't be sensed normally and his presence is typically very hard to detect even by someone trying to read his life force. However, nothing compares to Nacht's third Wincon. Dark Prison Hunting Ground dampens Nacht's presence entirely.

He can heal with potions

Doubt he would get a chance to use it

Light Arrows can dispel magics

Not sure how he would use it against magic appearing literally everywhere.

Also, Nacht's mana skin prevents his spells from getting negged through magical means. His mana skin scales above Noelle who, while struggling with magic control at the time, was able to cast spells under an environment that's negging her magic. Nacht is also capable of casting Mana Zone at full power which enables him to negate magic similar to how Mereoleona did when she went full power with her Mana Zone.

I'm sure Nacht doesn't need to go this far, Link has a limited supply of Arrows so he will definitely run out.

The Song of Storms could maybe block out sun so there no shadows.

Muda da

The Song of Time witch he can use to go back to the start of the fight.

To do what? Probably to get beat up again.

Last edited:
I was gonna bring up a specific item, but there's a glaringly huge oversight in the profile with it so it might be problematic.

To do what? Probably to get beat up again.
He can change strategies after learning of Nachts abilities and use things like the Stone Mask which makes him invisible via Perception Manipulation or induce him with magical sleep right off the bat.
Wincon 2: Several shadow arms will pin down Link from all angles. Everything I said in Wincon 1 applies here too.
He might be able brake out of the pin using aura of magical electricity as Zora Link.
Wincon 3: Dark Prison Hunting Ground
He might be able to teleport out with the song of soaring.

He can change strategies after learning of Nachts abilities and use things like the Stone Mask which makes him invisible via Perception Manipulation or induce him with magical sleep right off the bat.

can't his magic be sensed via extrasensory perception? How does this mask work specifically? How long does this invisibility last? What is stopping his devils to warn him of a threat nearby?

Also if he sees Link is gone, he can hide in the shadows and look out for him.

He might be able brake out of the pin using aura of magical electricity as Zora Link.

How is he able to use it when utterly restrained? All body parts are immobile. Nacht can also paralyze him with his shadow. Can this be used regardless of being paralyzed?

He might be able to teleport out with the song of soaring.

Nacht can bring him back or teleport toward him.

can't his magic be sensed via extrasensory perception? How does this mask work specifically? How long does this invisibility last? What is stopping his devils to warn him of a threat nearby?
Indefinite as long as the mask is on, very few things in the game can sense or perceive him even mid combat they'll stop fighting once equipped. Hard to say, it could be invisibility (as seen with the lone guard, Link couldn't see him, saw right through him), it could be perception manip (we list as that) or it could be even some obtuse "they just can't notice link now" like Koishi or something.
It is quite potent though, not even Link can see or sense those who wear it when looking right at them, he needs the lens of truth.

You could probably sense him via magic assuming it's not the third option, but Link could work around that on subsequent loops by draining his own magic first perhaps? If he uses it round 1 he wouldn't know to do that tho.

It's a very dangerous mask now that I think about it 🤔

Yeah, pretty dangerous.

You could probably sense him via magic assuming it's not the third option, but Link could work around that on subsequent loops by draining his own magic first perhaps? If he uses it round 1 he wouldn't know to do that tho.

Yeah, I wanted to say something like this while reading your post.

But I would add the fact that Link would not know he is sensing him via magic detection so he wouldn't think of draining his magic.

Maybe he can with the lens of truth? but he it would be too late, however, he will probably go back in time and use both the lens of truth and the mask if that's even possible.

Once he drains his magic he wouldn't be able to cast the sleep-inducing spell that Koopa mentioned. Nacht would just hide in the shadows trying to figure out where he is.

I wonder if Link can attack with it on. I wonder if he can turn back time while paralyzed.

How is he able to use it when utterly restrained? All body parts are immobile. Nacht can also paralyze him with his shadow. Can this be used regardless of being paralyzed?
And this is part of the problematic thing, Link with Giants Mask is Class E.
But I would add the fact that Link would not know he is sensing him via magic detection so he wouldn't think of draining his magic.
Info analysis, maybe mind reading if that works, but I can't tell if the mask of truth being limited is game mechanics or not.
Maybe he can with the lens of truth? but he it would be too late, however, he will probably go back in time and use both the lens of truth and the mask if that's even possible.
They can be used together yes. Lens is togable item.
Once he drains his magic he wouldn't be able to cast the sleep-inducing spell that Koopa mentioned. Nacht would just hide in the shadows trying to figure out where he is.
It's a song, doesn't need magic.
Lens of truth probably helps with stealth, it doubles as x-ray vision too.
I wonder if Link can attack with it on. I wonder if he can turn back time while paralyzed.
Probably not, but he has healing and stuff.

Tbh I wonder if Empathy hax can help here or maybe the Broadway Force.

Goron Lullaby is a song Link can play no matter how much magic he has.

Nacht using Mana Zone at Full Power could neg this unless it's instant sleep. Does it put Nacht to sleep instantly?

And this is part of the problematic thing, Link with Giants Mask is Class E.

I'm guessing there is a problem with Giant Mask AP-wise.

If he grows really large then I wonder if his masks would fit or if he can use any of his lens stuff Game mechanics probably lets him idk.

Probably not, but he has healing and stuff.

Hmm... Doubt he would be able to, I'm sure there is like an inventory he has to get into to access it or any of his masks.

If I'm right about the inventory stuff, Nacht can just win via pinfall as stated by the OP. Or maybe Nacht can just choke him out by wrapping him in a cacoon of shadow arms.

If he grows really large then I wonder if his masks would fit or if he can use any of his lens stuff Game mechanics probably lets him idk.
One Mask at a time (giant is done via mask) lens is a togable item tho.
I'm guessing there is a problem with Giant Mask AP-wise.
If he's truly on par with a giant, he's in the exaton range as they can briefly stop a planet wiping moon drop, and halt it completely together. A little problematic yeah (which scales to Twinmold, then scales to the elemental arrows... There's some issues that need to be discussed or worked out needless to say, might end up being nothing tho).
Hmm... Doubt he would be able to, I'm sure there is like an inventory he has to get into to access it or any of his masks
Fairy is automatic. It also procs on death so Link has a few extra lives here (up to 5 maximum only tho, but for argument sake, would be safer to assume he has 1, and the other 4 slots being Romani, hp potion, etc, basically one of each main consumable).

Zora Link is also pretty hard to pin, in fact, there's these hand enemies in game that grab Link, and you use the zora electrical forcefield to fry and kill them when they grab you to escape.
If I'm right about the inventory stuff, Nacht can just win via pinfall as stated by the OP. Or maybe Nacht can just choke him out by wrapping him in a cacoon of shadow arms.
Zora might go brrr and if he's giant, it likely just wouldn't work due to Class E.
Grabbing him in child might be possible (and Deku but Deku is actively detrimental to Link's offense and defense, he'd never use it). But Link is pretty skilled and smart and if shadow hands go to grab him I can see him swapping to Zora based on the existence of enemies that do literally that, so he has experience with that (Iirc he can swap when grabbed by them too, somehow).

Ngl, the biggest hurdle is the range imo. Link doesn't have much in terms of range so zoning actually works, the only caveat to that is zoning Link also let's him get his stuff off like time rewind without much issue.

Note I'm not voting btw, or at all probably.

One Mask at a time (giant is done via mask) lens is a togable item tho.

Fair enough

If he's truly on par with a giant, he's in the exaton range as they can briefly stop a planet wiping moon drop, and halt it completely together. A little problematic yeah (which scales to Twinmold, then scales to the elemental arrows... There's some issues that need to be discussed or worked out needless to say, might end up being nothing tho).

Oh then that is a bit of a problem cuz of the tournament setting. Well it seems like there won't be anything done about it soon.

Fairy is automatic. It also procs on death so Link has a few extra lives here (up to 5 maximum only tho, but for argument sake, would be safer to assume he has 1, and the other 4 slots being Romani, hp potion, etc, basically one of each main consumable).

Zora Link is also pretty hard to pin, in fact, there's these hand enemies in game that grab Link, and you use the zora electrical forcefield to fry and kill them when they grab you to escape.

Yeah, but Nacht won't really feel anything by the shadow arms getting fried cuz the arms are not like stands that cause the user pain when get hit. A conductivity argument can't really be made because the arms can spawn from shadow normally or just spatially/thin air with Mana Zone. I don't even think the arms themselves would be fried because they are literally made of shadows and Nacht himself has massive heat resistance (Scales to Vetto who can tank the heat of lightning).

Zora might go brrr and if he's giant, it likely just wouldn't work due to Class E.
Grabbing him in child might be possible (and Deku but Deku is actively detrimental to Link's offense and defense, he'd never use it). But Link is pretty skilled and smart and if shadow hands go to grab him I can see him swapping to Zora based on the existence of enemies that do literally that, so he has experience with that (Iirc he can swap when grabbed by them too, somehow).

Ngl, the biggest hurdle is the range imo. Link doesn't have much in terms of range so zoning actually works, the only caveat to that is zoning Link also let's him get his stuff off like time rewind without much issue.

Giant definitely negs the submission but Zora wouldn't. So my final question is if he can switch masks or rewind time if he is paralyzed, pinned down in that manner (keep in mind more arms can still be spawn), paralyzed + pinned down, or choked out like this.

And for the range it won't matter where he is, the shadow arms won't ravel from Nacht to Link. It appears from shadows beneath Link anywhere on a continent or omnidirectionally at point-blank ranges with Mana Zone. So getting time rewind off is still an issue.

Ok so how about Goron Link? Cause iirc average gorons are significantly bulkier than average hylians and zoras, and can knock Link clear off his feet pretty easily. Also they somehow cannot drown.

Basically, the wincon via submission or choke out would be Nacht's insurance.

Unfortunately not instantly, but anyone who hears the lullaby will become extremely drowsy for the next couple of seconds before falling asleep.

Now back to this senario,

Mages with large magic powers can exert their aura to nullify the ability of mages to cast spells so Nacht, who scales massively above his AP value, should negate the sleep spell like this. But there is something better called Mana Zone. Mana Zone allows Nacht to take control of the surrounding mana in the area. Whenever a mage uses Mana Zone at Full Power, the magic in the area will tremble and disperse. Funny enough this happened when Neige cast a sleep spell on Mereoleona who could use Mana Zone at Full Power. Since the sleep spell isn't instant KO, Nacht would just go full power with his Mana Zone.

Well thats assuming a simple Magic Detection isn't enough to find out where Link is or Link's own voice singing

Ok so how about Goron Link? Cause iirc average gorons are significantly bulkier than average hylians and zoras, and can knock Link clear off his feet pretty easily. Also they somehow cannot drown.

Im back, something came up

Gordon link would only make him unquantifiably stronger than his LS value of Class 100 or so. Nacht's value is not only higher than Link's, he is also vastly above his own value, cuz his scaling chain will be very deep into Class K. He is stronger than Asta who has been training for several months, making him physically stronger than his pre timeskip self who is also stronger than a few others which I don't want to start getting into because there's really no point. Giant Mask is the only way out of it but I doubt he can get to it due to how thorough Nacht pins his opponents and the fact that the arms are so many and they appear virtually anywhere.

So my final question is if he can switch masks or rewind time if he is paralyzed, pinned down in that manner (keep in mind more arms can still be spawn), paralyzed + pinned down, or choked out like this.
I can't remember if he could switch masks while paralyzed but he can probably rewind time when pinned as Deku Link due to the fact the Deku Pipes form from his body and he can use them to play the Song of Time.

Okay now that some matches seem to be wrapping up. I guess I'll drop a final argument as to why Nacht wins this match-up.

Given the fact that Link can't outrun Nacht due to his movement speed, Nacht's massive range, and Nacht's dexterity and the ability to spam from any angle regardless of wether there is a shadow or not. Nacht's versatility with Mana Zone too. I think he wins this more often than Link can beat Nacht.

Nacht's Wincons:

• Nacht paralyzes Link with shadows from the start till the 12-hour timer runs out.
  • Nacht with the Superior LS advantage (with a large upscale chain) chokes Link out from the start by wrapping him with shadow arms utterly until he loses oxygen and passes out or dies. Link won't be able to attack Nacht because he won't have access to his most of items and he can't use electricity stuff from the Zora mask because it won't affect Nacht in any way shape or from (from the high heat resistance to the fact that shadows don't conduct electricity)
  • Nacht with the superior AP advantage (and a sizeable upscale chain) should beat him up with not much difficulty. All he has to do is cut off light and negate Link's Lens of Truth similar to the way he negged Asta's ability to sense him. So Nacht just attacks him from all sides. Nacht can also teleport so that negs the option of Link teleporting elsewhere over and over again especially when it may seem out of character for him and the fact that Nacht would just lose patience and hold him down.
Nacht's speed and strength amp from reinforcement magic, and mana zone assure this. Nacht also has a massive range and his attacks don't need to travel said ranges, they just spawn whereever the enermy or target is within several hundreds if not a few thousand kilometers. Link has very little, if not 0 counters to these.

Link's Defense To Nacht's Wincon And Why They Won't Work:

• Somehow accessing the giant mask to negate Nacht's 2nd Wincon. However, Nacht has 2 other sure wincons and Link won't start with giant mask so he won't be able to access the giant mask while pinned.
  • Link Lens of Truth can see Nacht via X-Ray vision. However, it doesn't matter since Nacht prefers to attack from a distance and Xrays can't detect Shadows but if it did detect shadows, it actually helps Nacht because he blends in the shadows.
  • Rewinds Time? He won't be able to access the ability to do so when pinned, or paralyzed.

Nacht's Counter To Link's Wincons:

Unlike Link, Nacht has a plethora of counters to Link's arsenal.

• Those with Large magic power have a forcefield that constantly protects them from incoming attacks. Mana Skin may be this forcefield but its not confirmed. Speaking of Mana Skin, it can override the attempt to nullify magic. Similar to how Noelle negated the attempts of Elf Letoille to negate her magic. Aura can negate the magical Tp or portals from being opened near him.
  • He can cast many many shadow arms to defend and attack. With Mana Zone they appear everywhere and they are stronger.
  • Nacht can amp his speed with reinforcement magic and Mana Zone. Mana Zone also improves his maneuverability by allowing him to run in the air, perform acrobatics mid air, or outright fly. Teleport with his shadow magic with the added advantage that he can't be detected while doing so.
  • If Link tries to use the Sleep Spell Nacht can override it with his Mana Zone since the sleep spell is not instant sleep.
  • Invisibility is negged by Nacht simply diving into the shadows to avoid threats and attacking Link by sensing his magic.

Im not sure if Nacht can use Devil power amp without devil union. Judging from the fact that there are wegs on his head without transforming his entire body, I think he can. But I don't really need it here, Mana Zone and Reinforcement magic are enough.

Link's Wincon

With partial knowledge of Nacht's abilities, he will be more likely to spam his Time reversal. So there is VERY little chance of victory cuz Nacht has answers for most if not all arsenal. Remember Nacht also has partial knowledge too

Nacht with the Superior LS advantage (with a large upscale chain) chokes Link out from the start by wrapping him with shadow arms utterly until he loses oxygen and passes out or dies. Link won't be able to attack Nacht because he won't have access to his most of items and he can't use electricity stuff from
Somehow accessing the giant mask to negate Nacht's 2nd Wincon. However, Nacht has 2 other sure wincons and Link won't start with giant mask so he won't be able to access the giant mask while pinned.
I'm pretty sure he can switch masks while restrained, also he has the Blast Mask which he can use to cause an explosion around himself
Aura can negate the magical Tp or portals from being opened near him.
The Song of Soaring is not considered magical to my knowledge
Rewinds Time? He won't be able to access the ability to do so when pinned, or paralyzed.
he can probably rewind time when pinned as Deku Link due to the fact the Deku Pipes form from his body and he can use them to play the Song of Time.

Has anyone mentioned Link would have over a 3x speed advantage in reaction and combat due to the song of time?
It slows down things to 30% their original speed.

This is also his lead in MM.

Back