• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Semifinals, Match 2: Nacht vs Mega Man

well I'm voted mega for he can use his time stop,he can simply stop time,it take just 1 mili sec,I don't see how attack from every angle help consider that mega already time stop and go away use his stuff, then destroy the field with all of his arsenal,it should be easy to do, or he can use light attack that can stun,blind nacht to make him immobile, I don't really see anything help nacht able to move when he literally be stunned,then when nacht stunned,he can use gravity hold to send nacht fly away,the moment nacht been out of stunned,the moment he in space.or mega can go near to nacht in time stop,then change to ice weapon and freeze nacht,consider that the place is in the middle of yard a yard where rarely shadow appear here,nacht surely don't have much advantage as mega
kinda blame to someone recommend mega,he doesn't even here to debate lol
also yeah there shouldn't any further more cmt debate about the tatic to win,just let someone voted for who they think win though

Nacht paralyzes Mega Man allowing Nacht to teleport to nearby obstacles. After that he can defend against Mega Man as follows:

• Paralyze or grab and crush Mega Man before he fires time stop. Nacht has the AP advantage (higher scaling chain, higher value and multiple stackable amps) and LS advantage with Devil Power which he can access whenever he wants without delay. He also has the speed advantage with Mana Zone and Devil Power which he can use to grab Mega Man at all sides and from point blank ranges before MM fires Time stop. Mega Man uses time stop by equiping, making an aiming gesture and shooting. The shadow arms definitely get him before he can even equip and use it. Nacht just destroys the time stopper before it's aimed and fired.
  • Flash stopper won’t do anything to the shadows because Nacht can literally use shadows in the presence of light. Flash Stopper stuns robots by blinding them as you’ve said. But Nacht is a human who can still move when blinded. He can also sense Mega Man through the shadows so Nacht doesn't need sight (he literally fights in total pitch black darkness all the time) and won’t be stunned based on confusion. Nacht can create shadows in the presence of light too he doesn’t just manipulate what is available.
  • Acid Rain capsule will be destroyed by Nacht's shadow arms as soon as Mega Man throws it up.
  • Nacht resists the gravity hold via sheer LS as I have said many times. He simply holds himself down.
  • Lastly, Nacht can also go stealth and attack. Mega Man doesn't have the NPI or the Enhanced senses to counter Nacht's stealth attacks.
So yeah, Nacht wins more senarios often than not.

Yeah…

With knowledge on Mega Man’s dangerous abilities, I just think Nacht counters all of Mega Man’s wincons by just reacting quicker and versatility with his magic.

Mega Man’s time stop may be thought based but so is Nacht’s Paralysis and all of his spells + Nacht has the speed advantage with amps and he can activate an amp and spell simultaneously.

So if Mega Man can not stop time before Nacht paralyzes him. Mega Man loses via Nacht simply paralyzing Mega Man first. If we eliminate Time Stop and Paralysis. Nacht has an answer to all of Mega Man’s proposed wincons while I believe Mega Man doesn’t.

Now we wait I guess. If anyone has any question, lmk.

I know that i quit debate but bruh,you can't para a robot with no feat,like I said before,it dumb to say that use soul hax magic based can kill a robot with no soul,so no

I know that i quit debate but bruh,you can't para a robot with no feat,like I said before,it dumb to say that use soul hax magic based can kill a robot with no soul,so no

Yes I know but this is magic. Not blood manipulation, not soul manipulation, not mind manipulation… MAGIC. Robots don’t just resist magic just cuz they’re robots.

Just wanna say, Mega Man doesn't "fire" Time Stopper. It's a time stop, it just happens. That's like saying Jotaro or DIO have to make a grandiose gesture and say the ability out loud unless it won't work, but that's not the case. If you're referring to the archaic gameplay of Mega Man 2, then I wouldn't say that's reliable. Developers always recycled the same gestures for all of his weapons regardless of what they were in those old games. Nowadays it's different, such as in Mega Man 11 he has Tundra Storm, which envelopes him in an AZ tornado and it just surrounds him and happens. Nacht is just gonna see a color change when Mega Man equips it but it's not like he's gonna know which weapon it is immediately since there are weapons Mega Man has that share the same exact color. He probably wouldn't know it's a time stop until it's too late.

Destroying the Rain Flush capsule before it takes off doesn't help. The whole point of the thing is that it goes up in the air and pops. All Nacht is doing is just popping it off prematurely right in their faces.

Mega Man not using teleport here is unreal IMO. He has used it in combat before, such as when he teleported out of the way before he got blasted by a giant laser from the Wily Star and how he generally teleports out of exploding Wily Castles. This is especially so if he has prior knowledge about the BS Nacht is gonna throw at him. He gets restrained, he can TP out and just abuse it in general here. It may seem OOC but the prior knowledge and the rules in the tourney allow it.

Nacht's stat boost seem unquantifiable as well as I can't seem to find anything. He shouldn't be faster though considering Mega Man is naturally much faster than he is.

How does the paralysis magic work? An incantation or gesture or does it just happen cause he has a shadow? Cause in any case, I don't see why Mega Man wouldn't just stop time and do damage immediately.

Mega Man has forcefields himself for protection, a good amount of AoE, explosives and homing attack weapons to litter the battlefield, has status effects with paralysis of his own with Spark Shock and freezing with Ice Slasher, healing options and ways to replenish his ammo and has experience with being attacked at various angles from multiple enemies and defeating enemies who utilized abilities that bypassed his senses such as when he defeated Flash Man's time stopping.

As such I wouldn't say Mega Man is out of luck here yet but I'll wait to see what happens next.

Just wanna say, Mega Man doesn't "fire" Time Stopper. It's a time stop, it just happens. That's like saying Jotaro or DIO have to make a grandiose gesture and say the ability out loud unless it won't work, but that's not the case. If you're referring to the archaic gameplay of Mega Man 2, then I wouldn't say that's reliable. Developers always recycled the same gestures for all of his weapons regardless of what they were in those old games. Nowadays it's different, such as in Mega Man 11 he has Tundra Storm, which envelopes him in an AZ tornado and it just surrounds him and happens. Nacht is just gonna see a color change when Mega Man equips it but it's not like he's gonna know which weapon it is immediately since there are weapons Mega Man has that share the same exact color. He probably wouldn't know it's a time stop until it's too late.

Destroying the Rain Flush capsule before it takes off doesn't help. The whole point of the thing is that it goes up in the air and pops. All Nacht is doing is just popping it off prematurely right in their faces.

Mega Man not using teleport here is unreal IMO. He has used it in combat before, such as when he teleported out of the way before he got blasted by a giant laser from the Wily Star and how he generally teleports out of exploding Wily Castles. This is especially so if he has prior knowledge about the BS Nacht is gonna throw at him. He gets restrained, he can TP out and just abuse it in general here. It may seem OOC but the prior knowledge and the rules in the tourney allow it.

Nacht's stat boost seem unquantifiable as well as I can't seem to find anything. He shouldn't be faster though considering Mega Man is naturally much faster than he is.

How does the paralysis magic work? An incantation or gesture or does it just happen cause he has a shadow? Cause in any case, I don't see why Mega Man wouldn't just stop time and do damage immediately.

Mega Man has forcefields himself for protection, a good amount of AoE, explosives and homing attack weapons to litter the battlefield, has status effects with paralysis of his own with Spark Shock and freezing with Ice Slasher, healing options and ways to replenish his ammo and has experience with being attacked at various angles from multiple enemies and defeating enemies who utilized abilities that bypassed his senses such as when he defeated Flash Man's time stopping.

As such I wouldn't say Mega Man is out of luck here yet but I'll wait to see what happens next.
nacht shadow magic have npi so force field is no no

Odd.

Yeah, Nacht spawns a shadow mid-air and pops it prematurely before it goes so high that the acid from the pop touches him.

What the hell? These examples are not combat-scenarios. Mega Man is literally running away from the planet or castles blowing up, how does that mean its combat applicable? Is Nacht gonna nuke the battlefield or planet or something? On his page, it's literally non-combat applicable.

Here, the slower character can still be faster, just not in a way that's speed-blitz-worthy.

It just magically holds him in place. Nacht doesn't make any gestures whatsoever. He can manipulate his shadows without moving a muscle. So yeah, the parahax happens because Megaman has a shadow.

NPI is needed to deal with Nacht's magic.

And he probably needs to get past paralysis first before he can think of using this.

Also if Nacht goes Stealth. Mega Man has no answer for it nor can he sense where attacks are coming from as soon as Nacht teleports away and goes stealth. Nacht would just constantly attack mega man through the shadows and can sense mega man via his shadow so he doesn't really need to be physically there.

So yeah I believe Mega Man is out of luck, the only thing he can do to use all his wincons is to stop time to actually use them before Nacht goes stealth. Assuming he can get past paralysis.

Welp, Megaman advances
image.png

man wtf is happening, I thought the tournament was over, as I didn't have the megaman tags, I didn't know about it, so can someone tell me how many votes megaman, Natch and Incon have?

What the hell? These examples are not combat-scenarios. Mega Man is literally running away from the planet or castles blowing up, how does that mean its combat applicable? Is Nacht gonna nuke the battlefield or planet or something? On his page, it's literally non-combat applicable.
Look, the point I’m trying to make is that Mega Man uses his TP in others ways other than going from A to B. The tourney rules and prior knowledge even make it so that he has more reasoning to use it in this case despite the fact it might seem OOC. Besides how is it not combat? He’s about to get blasted by an attack and moves before it hits him. He’s about to get blown up but moves before he can get hurt. It may not be explicit like DBZ’s instant transmission or something but the point still stands. It doesn’t matter the scale.

The rest is fair enough. Yeah I gotta admit Mega wasn’t in a good spot here. Guess that’s what happens when magic vs technology matches like this are made. But yeah that’s that I suppose.

Look, the point I’m trying to make is that Mega Man uses his TP in others ways other than going from A to B. The tourney rules and prior knowledge even make it so that he has more reasoning to use it in this case despite the fact it might seem OOC. Besides how is it not combat? He’s about to get blasted by an attack and moves before it hits him. He’s about to get blown up but moves before he can get hurt. It may not be explicit like DBZ’s instant transmission or something but the point still stands. It doesn’t matter the scale.

The rest is fair enough. Yeah I gotta admit Mega wasn’t in a good spot here. Guess that’s what happens when magic vs technology matches like this are made. But yeah that’s that I suppose.
I don't know if this has been discussed here but, couldn't megaman eliminate shadows with his flash stopper?

I don't know if this has been discussed here but, couldn't megaman eliminate shadows with his flash stopper?

its been discussed, light doesn’t nullify the shadows. Nacht even removes the light when he uses his mana zone.

Also I don’t want to reply the other dude cuz it’s pointless now.

Nah it was discussed and was proven inefficient. Nacht can still create shadows himself, a light source like that with surrounding objects creates shadows due to the origin of the flash (especially with a field advantage in a place like a damn castle with good coverage) and FS is only like a second of flash.

Back