• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Final Match: Chakax vs Mega-Man

MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in Windsor Castle, in the inner courtyard of the upper ward
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Characters will be given only partial knowledge of all their opponent's abilities, particularly any dangerous abilities or immortalities
  • Characters will be given their standard equipment
  • Characters are allowed to change their strategy with their limited knowledge of their opponent's abilities and match conditions
  • The fight will be given a timer of 12 hours to conclude.
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA, with the addendum that characters lose when they remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends
    • Any characters that are projected to fight past 12 hours will be subject to "Sudden Death" where any immobilization, incapacitation, removal from the battlefield or death will only need to last 10 seconds before a victor is declared
    • Physical pinning is allowed, but the character must be pinned in such a way that they cannot harm the person pinning them
    • To clarify, a tournament victory only requires that the opponent remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends or for ten seconds during Sudden Death. Meaning that a character could lose a match under conventional VSThread rules but win the tournament match
  • The match will be allowed to continue as normal after the tournament-mandated timer ends for purposes of adding to the profile
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well
Chakax (510 gigatons) vs Mega Man, Pre-Stardroid Invasion (514 gigatons)

Look like Aethyr Manip lets you resist everything, so...

Mega Man's hax doesn't matter, more of how much area it covers, homing and danmaku will help him here a lot

Chakax's res to Aethyr comes from being in proximity with the Slaan though (according to the description anyway) so wouldn't only res to Slaanesh abilities apply or am I missing something?

Just to clear this up, Slaan/Slann and Slaanesh are unrelated. Slaanesh is the Chaos God of Pleasure and Vices, Slann/Slaan are powerful mages who serve the will of the Old Ones, capable of powerful sorcery from many Winds of Magic. Chakax was in close proximity of a group of mage-priests that emanated powerful magic for long periods of time, and this gave him resistance to Aethyr Manipulation, which allowed him to resist spells of enemy mages.

Chakax resists everything Mega Man does, automatically forces a speed advantage, and has a ludicrous level of skill. The AP gap is near non existent. This is looking grim for the Battling Robot.

What exactly is stopping Rock from just flying into the air on Rush and staying out of Chakax's range while nuking the whole battlefield? Rock has quite a range advantage on him and isn't an idiot, he'll go for the most practical solution of 'Yeah, I'm not letting a guy who can do all that anywhere near me'.

Chakax is faster with a forced speed advantage, and 10 meters is not far enough for Rock to feasibly escape into the air given Saurus like Chakax are quite agile

Not unless he teleports away and then flies into the air, something he's easily capable of doing.
Oh look, he's Teleported, oops, now he's got sword that was yeeted at him in his head...

And projectiles are a bad idea against Chakax... cause he can and will smacketh them out of the sky

Okay, now that those two are distracted in their proverbial profile measuring,

As was already covered, skill, experience, and resistances go to Chakax, range, lifting strength and mobility goes to Mega Man,

So now it comes down to who beats who...going from what I see, I'm leaning towards Chakax, his speed equalization affects projectiles meaning he is always going to be slightly faster than the projectiles being shot at him, and with his skill level, he scales significantly above others who can deal with ranged attacks fairly easily, and scales skillwise to characters who can fight and create ridiculous bullet hell level danmaku, and while the buster does have infinite ammo, it seems most if not all of the rest of his equipment is limited, even with refills, he'll EVENTUALLY run out of things to throw at him, so unless Mega Man has months worth of ammo, I don't see him out lasting Chakax, meanwhile all Chakax has to do is get Mega Man in close range and beat the living hell out of him and anything he throws at Mega Man he can just run and pick up. What adds to this is even if he gets hits in on Chakax, his damage reduction and supernatural willpower means he'll just keep ticking for a decent while and would need to be horrifically damaged to stop.
This is also ignoring that Chakax might even be able to bat a few of Rock's special weapons back at him

I don't want to undersell that this is Chakax's closest fight in the tournamanet however, and is no easy win, I just think Chakax has more going for him here.

Screw it, I'll try anyway.

How about BFR? Sure, on the Aethyr page, it looks like Chakax does resist BFR but I assume that it's through spells, sealing, portals and the generic stuff that fantasy verses have. But Gravity Hold would literally yeet it away out of the battlefield and into space and gravity manip is not mentioned at all on the Aethyr page so it looks like it doesn't resist the ability. Mega Man could also possibly get a grab on Chakax with his better mobility and lifting strength, long enough to TP it away and come back to the battlefield (unless TP resistance renders this useless then well the first option is still viable). With prior knowledge on how screwed he is and the rules allowing strategy changes (along with Mega Man being smart enough to do so based on what he knows), to me it looks like he can very well do this and end the battle in one move.

Back