• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness we Rise (Game Thread 2)

"Uh...owie." He got up and somehow his leg slipped over as he slipped out the cage and hit his head. "DAAAGHHHHAHAHOOOOOOOOW! OWWWWW!"

Considering that I probably don't want to be taken to a police station run by darkness, I try to carefully push open the back door, trying to break the lock without making too much noise.

"Uh, right," Falcon frowned as he stared at the one who had somehow managed to fallen. "Well, we made it to the city. We're going to put you in one of the holding cells 'till we figure out what to do with you." You had to tell them. Proper police protocol.

Well it didn't seem like Stryker had noticed, though the door gave quite a bit of resistance even still. You'd have to put a lot of force behind it.

You wouldn't really find much there when it came to stuff worthy of scavenging. The most interesting thing there might be an old abandoned art museum.

Alright, all or nothing.

I run to the other end of the truck, signal my allies, then smash through the back of the truck, aiming to roll onto the street and then run for my life.

[After waking up and reading Discord, I now know where I am.]

Should we even risk running?

I think as Gurman sprints at the door.

Maybe I should ask for Edward's opinion?

... only to see smoke dissipating by the wall of the truck ...

"... well ... I guess I know now. Great plan guys."

With little option at this point, I jump out the back praying I don't screw up.

((Pretty far))

Well, with one big push you were able to actually just break out of the thing altogether, though you'd likely get cut up a bit or get some bad road rash as you tumbled out.

"It won't be that bad, I'm sure, just gotta have a chat with the higher ups about what to do with you." Falcon said as he'd try to lead everyone inside.

Meanwhile, in the art museum, there would be one painting that stood out because...it was the only one there. Most of the other paintings were either ripped or destroyed, this one though seemed different. Like something was-Oh the person in the painting was moving, and now waving at you...a tiny little person...weird.

Despite my knee being scraped in the process of rolling out, I run to the nearest inconspicuous alleyway, dashing at Olympic speed so as to make sure they don't have the chance to turn around and recapture us.

I continue running in the direction Captain Falcon want, while looking around to see if i can spot anything interesting along the way.

Well it wouldn't be long before the group of officers would notice. You'd have just enough time to get into an alleyway before the van suddenly turned around and bolted down the street to look for you.

Captain Falcon would lead you into a...giant looking building. Some sort of skyscraper, it seemed. After walking through seemingly endless amounts of hallways, so much so that you'd get lost trying to traverse them on your own, you'd suddenly arrive in what seemed to be the holding cell area.

"There are officers nearby, so don't try anything," Falcon said as he practically pushed you towards the cells. "You'll be kept in here for a short amount of time. Can't say for how long. Just wait in the cells."

I lean next to the wall, safe at last.

Of course, now that I notice the pain, I realize I should dig up some medical materials and heal up. I'll go around, searching the ruins for cloth and other things for a makeshift recovery.

I've separated from the group due to the fact I got out a bit earlier.

I attempt to smoke dash my way into the nearest building and keep hidden inside there.

Rolling roughly against the ground, I quickly run to the nearest alley and collapse around the corner, checking over the new injuries I just received.

I just kinda stand and stare at the moving painting for a but before walking over with a confused look.

The only thing that you could find that'd resemble medical supplies would be some pills and a bit of torn cloth that could be used for a bandage.

Not much was inside the cell you all shared, besides a bed a toilet and...actually that was about it. Didn't even have a sink. Clearly this place wasn't meant to be inhabited for too long.

The little lady in the painting would giggle and even beckon you closer, smiling warmly at you.

The closer you got to it the more you'd realize that this wasn't a woman but instead it was actually a little girl. She didn't make much noise, however. Once you got closer she stopped giggling and just smiled and waved. Perhaps she couldn't talk? Or maybe she just didn't have much to say..

"Alright, then." He went in the cell and started to...well...whaddya think he started to do? Scream in agony?

I use Air Raid, gaining a pair of wings.

I then take flight and take a look at the city from above with my super vision.

The city from up above was just about as treacherous as down below to be fair. There were many skyscrapers and bridges connecting buildings that you'd have to maneuver past, and a big problem was that the police station...didn't look like a police station...though you could see Falcon's car parked in one of the buildings.

Also those in the cell would have to stay there for a little while longer. Seems like Captain Falcon was taking longer than expected.

It wasn't like it'd be too difficult to maneuver past all the buildings or anything like that, all things considered. You'd eventually make it to the building where the blue car was in front of, meanwhile, those in the cell would hear the familiar voice of the captain earlier, coming out of some...hidden PA system, possibly.

"So, as it turns out...you aren't going to really be released from here."

"GrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! YOU MOTHERF.....FRIDGER!" He shouted, legally not trying to swear.

Back