• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Naruto CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas ya’ll. Yes, I jabaited you, this is game Naruto, not canon Naruto. Gonna end this year with a thread to not only cover the last (possibly) game of the Naruto Storm Series but to also talk about the original Ultimate Ninja Series and as the Ultimate Ninja Heroes and how it’s actually canon.

Part 1

Are the Ultimate Ninja and Heroes Games Canon to the Storm Series

I’m gonna be honest, I was initially not on board with the idea that the series were canon to one another, that was until Sakurai mentioned letters. These letters are important as they directly confirm the events of the story that took place in Ultimate Ninja and Heroes. I’ll do this in a chronological order to make this easy.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2

In this game, we get an original story arc that takes place between the Search for Tsunade and the Sasuke Recovery Mission. In this arc, Orochimaru has Kabuto use a technique called the Forbidden Technique: Gedō Seal to seal Kakashi's Sharingan. Orochimaru then starts his second invasion on Konoha and uses Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation to revive Zabuza Momochi, Haku, and the Third Hokage. This would cause no continuity errors.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2: The Phantom Fortress

Takes place after Sasuke Recovery Mission and before Naruto’s departure, the game contains an original storyline involving moving up a haunted castle through the eyes of Naruto, and for a certain amount of floors, called the Mugen Castle in the sky and has a hundred floors. What’s important about this arc is the main antagonist turned protagonist, Princess Kasumi who controls the Mugen Castle. After her death by the end of the game, Naruto would receive letters all the way in Storm 2 from Kasumi. Naruto’s response suggests this is the same Kasumi from Heroes 2 as he mentions the events.

Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja 4

Takes place months before the Kazekage Rescue Mission. To experience the main Shippūden story, the players must complete an original storyline called The Black Shadow. The storyline is fairly long, and at the end of it they have to defeat the Black Shadow himself to move onto the main Shippūden storyline. In this arc, Naruto helps out a girl named Aoi, who is trying to cure her mother. By the end of the arc, Naruto promises to send letters to her, and what do you know as again in Storm 2, Naruto directly mentions the events that took place.

Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

Takes place between the "Hidan and Kakuzu" and "The Formation of Hebi" arcs. It revolves around Naruto trying to stop a man named Shinga from using a forbidden seed, called the "Demon Shinki". In this arc, we learn that in between the timeskip Naruto was trained for a time by a shinobi called Tsukino, who was brainwashed by Shinga but later saved by Naruto. She also sends Naruto letters in Storm 2.

Slight Downgrade

A lot of characters scale to High 6-A due to statements of Mecha-Naruto in his Kyubi Mode who Was stated as being a threat to the Ninja World. However, after some considerations, the time between the awakening of his Kyubi Mode and his battle with Naruto was long, Naruto had time to not only search for Mecha-Naruto, but also fought multiple Kage. So with this, we know that Mecha-Naruto wasn’t going to surface wipe in one hit, especially since Tsunade states that he is already wreaking havoc. This would more so imply that Mecha-Naruto could only surface wipe over-time instead of all at once. So Possibly High 6-A will be removed.

Conclusion

The letters outright mention the events that take place in the Ultimate Ninja and Heroes games, with these letters being sent by the same characters that played a major role in these games. So all the games of Ultimate Ninja and Heroes are canon to the Storm Series. So feats like Ultimate Jutsu and hax from these games can be used. And with this, I would also propose changing Game Naruto’s profile name to Naruto Uzumaki (Ultimate Ninja Series) or Naruto Uzumaki (Ultimate Ninja), whichever you would prefer, as all the games fall under the Ultimate Ninja title. Also adding all the games together makes up 15 keys, which don’t need to be added as a lot of the later games main story are just remasters. So I suggest just having only 5 keys.

Young (Ultimate Ninja 1-3 / Ultimate Ninja Heroes 1-2 / Ultimate Ninja Storm 1) | Teen (Ultimate Ninja 4-5 / Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 / Ultimate Ninja Storm 2-Generations) | Fourth Shinobi War (Ultimate Ninja Storm 3-4) | Six Paths (Ultimate Ninja Storm 4) | Adult (Road To Boruto-Connections)

Part 2

Naruto x Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections

As per the developers words this might be the last entry in the Storm Series and there have been talks of rebooting the whole series with entirely new game engines. If that’s so, then we had one hell of a run. Now what does the game add to the scaling? I feel like I’ll first need to summarize the story for people to understand the context.

Story

The game has two modes, one is History Mode and the other is Special Story Mode. In History Mode, Spirit Hagoromo and Spirit Jiraiya have to weave the foundation of the Naruto timeline after it had been erased from the Book of Transcendence. They are able to do so by creating another book to serve at its foundation called the Book of Foundation. This is important because in the Special Story, Toneri helps Boruto travel to the past by creating a gate that allows Boruto to access the past, once for collecting memories, and the other to change the past and rewrite the timeline.

The Book of Transcendence

At the start of the game, we see that all of Ninja History is being erased. This is what Hagoromo says word for word, "A calamity has befallen the river of time. An incident affecting the course of human history. That is to say... the erasure of history. A Ninja World with no history is no Ninja World. A Ninja World with no history is devoid of humanity. The Book Of Transcendence which you composed long ago now lies forgotten and unknown. History must be resurrected. Yet to accomplish this, we require a foundation whereupon its path will be retraced. Therefore, we shall weave this foundation together. We must once again set to paper the verses of this long-forgotten book."

In the video I provided above, we learn that the entirety of the Naruto timeline exists within the Book of Transcendence, and when the book faces a calamity, history is completely erased. This is similar to Storm 4, where the story takes place in a scroll.

The game also confirms that you’re restoring history.

The Book of Foundation

The Book of Foundation was created by both Hagoromo and Jiraiya to restore history and serve as its foundation as Hagoromo states that they must “weave the foundation together”. Hagoromo says this after they successfully restore history, "History's foundation has been restored. The Book of Foundation is the key to our salvation. Well done. You have carried out an important duty. The Legendary Sannin, Jiraiya. There is a thing which only one who has woven history might understand. One connected to the past, beginning with the dawn of time... One who continues to shape the present. That is to say, ninja history is a tale with that individual at its center. The time has come to complete the tale. Write the title now. A title reflecting your heart's desire, held deep within your soul."

From this, we learn that history is restored by creating foundations. Foundations by definition is the base on which something stands, and there are foundations in certain points in time in both the past and the present on which the timeline stands. If the story is broken (a certain character dies early), Hagoromo comes to revive them, meaning all the Shinobi who exist within the Book are reliant on Hagoromo, not just Naruto and Sasuke, as even when other characters fall in Storm 4, Hagoromo came to resurrect them. This is further backed up later in the story, when Boruto is able to travel to the past at different points in time within the Book of Foundation. And the game’s objective also acknowledges that Boruto is actually going into the past.

The Naruto Cosmology

You may have noticed that I used the term ‘timeline’ a lot, this is because when Toneri explains the rules of time travel and time paradoxes, it's stated that Boruto would be following the timeline. This is further shown by the ending of the game, after history is rewritten, due to Zero not having Nanashi on their side anymore, they are easily captured and all the events of the Special Story get retconned with everyone having no memory of the Fifth Great Ninja War. So not only is the Naruto universe outright stated to be a timeline, but history does get rewritten and changes the whole timeline due to the laws of time paradox. So the Naruto universe is a space-time continuum contained within the Book of Transcendence with its foundations contained within the Book of Foundation. Hagoromo consistently calls the Naruto Universe “Ninja History”.

The Pure Lands

The afterlife in a nutshell, but there is more to it. The realm and its inhabitants (the souls of the dead) exist on a plane that views the Book of Transcendence and Book of Foundation as merely fiction as its referred to as a tale, as both Hagoromo and Jiraiya as spirits can hold the books in their hands and Jiraiya stated to have composed the Book of Transcendence long ago. This would outright make The Pure Lands and Spirit Hagoromo and Spirit Jiraiya Low 1-C as they qualify for Reality-Fiction Transcendence. They are also outright unaffected by the erasure of the Naruto timeline. We also know that these spirits are the same souls as the one within humans as Kabuto planned to seal Princess Kasumi’s soul into a scroll to prevent her from going to the afterlife.

Time Reservoir

A parallel Genjutsu space, where it was possible to travel through time. It’s a space parallel to the Ninja Heroes world, which is actually a Tsukuyomi. By using the console, ninjas can enter Ninja Heroes by having their minds travel to the Tsukuyomi and create mental bodies of them. Sasuke states that the transfer of the mind makes the user immune to Infinite Tsukuyomi. The mental bodies of the new gen Team 7 along with Toneri view the Book of Foundation as a book. Toneri is able to summon the book and create a doorway that allows Boruto to enter the book to change the past. Be aware, this would only scale to mental bodies and the Time Reservoir, and make them Low 1-C as well.

Scaling

Spirit Hagoromo gave half his power to Naruto and Sasuke each, which in turn should make them Low 1-C as well. Due to the nature of the mind and soul, characters being able to affect either would have Low 1-C mind or soul hax.

Or

In case the cosmology doesn’t qualify for the Reality-Fiction Transcendence, Naruto and Sasuke would instead scale to Hagoromo’s AP feat of creating foundations that can hold and restore an entire timeline, so they would be Low 2-C. Kaguya’s ETSB is stated by Black Zetsu as being able to destroy Shinobi History, which as stated before, is what Hagoromo refers to the Naruto Universe as. The only other time where Shinobi History is stated to be in danger is when history was erased, making it consistent

Possibly Speed Scaling

This one, I need confirmation from the wiki. I want to know if, besides his state of existence, Hagoromo’s feat of creating foundations would scale to his speed or not. If it does, Naruto and Sasuke would scale to that feat.

Extras

The game has its own official Encyclopedia, which can be used for getting proper information on some jutsu. Like some attacks being stated as being lightning speed or light speed. This is useful as besides Kirin and the Gedo Statue’s cloud to ground lightning attacks, the game doesn’t have any speed statements.

Thanks to the Encyclopedia confirming that the Lariat used by both Killer Bee and the Raikage is lightning speed, we get this calc, that puts KCM1 level characters at FTL.

Conclusion

Well, that will be it, it took a lot of time since I didn’t own any copy of the game (I’m out of the country as well) and had to rely on videos and prayed to God that someone would upload the entire Encyclopedia. I have presented arguments that support Low 2-C to even Low 1-C and based on the discussion we have, we can come to a proper conclusion of what can be applied. I have sandboxes of Sasuke, Boruto and Hagoromo ready to be released, and I’ll make changes on their ratings based on the conclusion of our discussion. Since the topic is Tier 1, I hope I get the chance to reply to any arguments that will be presented.

Last edited:
Few things:

Regarding speed, merely being called beams of light or light particles doesn't satisfy our light speed standards (you can check laser dodging feats page to read them). Also, "lightning-quick" is the textbook metaphor for very fast, and shouldn't be used literally. The only speed thing you brought up that's valid is the lightning speed Lariat.

Regarding the Book of Transcendence, it is not this book that resides over all of history but rather just specifically ninja history. So this book has no qualifications for governing a timeline or a grander "time" or anything of worthwhile. You're not restoring history as a whole, or the time of the universe with this book, it's just a small portion of history specified to shinobi.

Regarding the Book of Foundation, the same things I said about BoT apply here. Jiraiya isn't fixing and penning some grand history/timeline of the universe. It's contextualized as specifically referring to Shinobi history and how Naruto is the cornerstone of that history. Hence why the title he gives is the Story of Naruto Uzumaki. Boruto using it to travel throughout Shinobi history doesn't really add anything, since we already know the book is governing Shinobi history.

Regarding the cosmology, you misuse the word timeline and misrepresent the context. A timeline can simple refer to a section of time, or contextually here the timeline of Shinobi. Aka Shinobi history. Hagoromo is not at all referring to the entire universe as "Ninja History" whatsoever, when he's referring to Shinobi history he's referring to the actions of Shinobi across the story of Naruto (Great Ninja Wars, etc etc etc). Aka "Ninja History" is just that, the history of Shinobi. Just like we can talk about "American history" (history of the USA) and in that umbrella you normally mention pivotal moments (independence from the brits, the civil war, world wars, etc). It's not some reference to a broader universe.

Regarding the Pure Lands, they do not view the books as fiction. The books provide means to manipulate plot, but they aren't portrayed as fictional towards Hagoromo in the Pure Lands. In terms of dimensionality, etc, he's portrayed as being the same dimensionality of those who have their deeds and history recorded in the books. History being recorded in a book and that book being able to manipulate the plot is not the same at all as viewing something as fiction.

Regarding the Time Resevoir, I won't say much cuz it presupposes that other things are Tier 1 in order to say mental bodies are Tier 1. Given I find the Tier 1 evidence extremely lacking, I don't agree with the deduction.

All in all, I disagree with all of the Tier 1 stuff, it appears to be founded upon loads of misrepresented claims and a misunderstanding about what Tier 1 is.

Few things:

Regarding speed, merely being called beams of light or light particles doesn't satisfy our light speed standards (you can check laser dodging feats page to read them). Also, "lightning-quick" is the textbook metaphor for very fast, and shouldn't be used literally. The only speed thing you brought up that's valid is the lightning speed Lariat.
Aight, I'm fine with just Lariat being accepted.
Regarding the Book of Transcendence, it is not this book that resides over all of history but rather just specifically ninja history. So this book has no qualifications for governing a timeline or a grander "time" or anything of worthwhile. You're not restoring history as a whole, or the time of the universe with this book, it's just a small portion of history specified to shinobi.
Right, but isn't time itself 4D. So no matter if its a portion or not, it's still time. The past being erased in turn erased the present as we see it literally happening.
Regarding the Book of Foundation, the same things I said about BoT apply here. Jiraiya isn't fixing and penning some grand history/timeline of the universe. It's contextualized as specifically referring to Shinobi history and how Naruto is the cornerstone of that history. Hence why the title he gives is the Story of Naruto Uzumaki. Boruto using it to travel throughout Shinobi history doesn't really add anything, since we already know the book is governing Shinobi history.
Except that Boruto quite literally changes the past. The new gen Team 7 even talk about time paradoxes as I mentioned. Boruto isn't using plot hax to change anything, he's physically entering a period in time, where his actions cause a butterfly effect, its time travel 101. If the book was limited to just the end of Naruto Shippuden, it wouldn't have affected the New Era, meaning its still under the same temporal dimension. His actions physically affect the world that they are already in.
Regarding the cosmology, you misuse the word timeline and misrepresent the context. A timeline can simple refer to a section of time, or contextually here the timeline of Shinobi. Aka Shinobi history. Hagoromo is not at all referring to the entire universe as "Ninja History" whatsoever, when he's referring to Shinobi history he's referring to the actions of Shinobi across the story of Naruto (Great Ninja Wars, etc etc etc). Aka "Ninja History" is just that, the history of Shinobi. Just like we can talk about "American history" (history of the USA) and in that umbrella you normally mention pivotal moments (independence from the brits, the civil war, world wars, etc). It's not some reference to a broader universe.
The only time the word 'timeline' is mentioned is when they were in discussion of time paradoxes. Mitsuki talks about how Zero's plans wouldn't happen in the first place without Nanashi due to Boruto's actions. Boruto even doesn't have memory of time travelling as the Toneri states that stopping Zero's plan, which was what lead to Boruto time travelling, would mean Boruto would have had no reason to time travel at all. Hence the world is rewritten.
Regarding the Pure Lands, they do not view the books as fiction. The books provide means to manipulate plot, but they aren't portrayed as fictional towards Hagoromo in the Pure Lands. In terms of dimensionality, etc, he's portrayed as being the same dimensionality of those who have their deeds and history recorded in the books. History being recorded in a book and that book being able to manipulate the plot is not the same at all as viewing something as fiction.
The book not only provides the means to manipulate plot, but quite literally has a physical timeline within it. History is physically stored within the book. Hagoromo himself has proof of transcendence in the manner that he and the rest of the souls in the Pure Lands are unaffected by the effects of history being erased.

Last edited:
The ability to time travel, manipulate time, etc is not grounds for Low 2-C at all. Plenty of characters can use objects or abilities to manipulate time or travel through time and it doesn’t grant any kind of Low 2-C scaling. Something being 4D on wiki is not synonymous with it being Low 2-C. Furthermore, you have zero evidence that the book is some kind of universal timeline (aka a Low 2-C construct). All this book does is give you limited time manipulation and maybe limited plot manipulation.

feel for OP bad writing all of this only to end up with lightning speed lariat

When I first read this I wasn't so sure about the context of the books and had some issues with speed that Arc basically put down. I disagree with everything Arc did since his reasons made sense and lightning speed lariat seems pretty solid. Also some of the stuff seems like hax which can't be scaled to AP/Dura unless there are clear mechanics to do so.

The ability to time travel, manipulate time, etc is not grounds for Low 2-C at all. Plenty of characters can use objects or abilities to manipulate time or travel through time and it doesn’t grant any kind of Low 2-C scaling. Something being 4D on wiki is not synonymous with it being Low 2-C. Furthermore, you have zero evidence that the book is some kind of universal timeline (aka a Low 2-C construct). All this book does is give you limited time manipulation and maybe limited plot manipulation.
I guess this makes sense. What do you make of Spirit Hagoromo and Spirit Jiraiya "weaving the foundation of history'? And them being unaffected by history being erased.

And them being unaffected by history being erased.
"Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities."

The Book of Foundation itself seems pretty vague.

Is there any more information on it? Like when Boruto is time travelling with the book, is he actually going within the book itself or...what's going on there? What is within the book, is it just shinobi history? And by shinobi history is it containing the history itself, or just a tool to traverse that history?

The Book of Foundation itself seems pretty vague.

Is there any more information on it? Like when Boruto is time travelling with the book, is he actually going within the book itself or...what's going on there? What is within the book, is it just shinobi history? And by shinobi history is it containing the history itself, or just a tool to traverse that history?
Toneri makes a door that allows Boruto to travel within the book that contains shinobi history.

"Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities."
This is what I think Rana ^

I see, thanks. There's also another thing that Toneri mentions about Naruto which I'm not sure would fall under. Can you see what this might be?

This is what I think Rana ^
What about Spirit Hagoromo and Spirit Jiraiya "weaving the foundation upon where it's path will be retraced" and Boruto "following through the timeline". Wouldn't it being called a timeline fall under the rules for universe.
  • If they're flat out stated to be entire timelines, then they are indeed alternate universes.

Last edited:
It's straight up called a timeline when Boruto was going to change the past.
Hmmm

I think it's more clear with the Book of Transcendence and the entire game mode where you have to restore it by playing through the story of Naruto.

It does seem like it because as we see here at the beginning of the game, when the history of shinobi is literally being erased from the timeline, and the Book of Transcendence is also being erased to being blank too, and then Hagoromo says that it needs to be restored.

Start from 1:00

I think this one is pretty blatant that the history is contained in the book, the Boruto one is a bit unclear and vaguer.

Last edited:
I think this one is pretty blatant that the history is contained in the book, the Boruto one is a bit unclear and vaguer.
I doubt its that vague. The same history that was restored is the same history that Boruto is travelling back to. The whole point of History Mode was to introduce the Book to Boruto as a way for him to travel to these histories.

I'm fine with the canonization points, and Mecha Naruto's downgrade.

I don't agree with Tier 2 or Tier 1 (even though Low 1-C Hagoromo sounds extremely based)

Rana something being a timeline doesn’t inherently refer to a spacetime continuum (aka Low 2-C). And I explain what timeline means in this context in my original post. Saying “but it’s literally called a timeline” doesn’t mean anything.

A time manipulation is proof that there is basically a time continuum there, and if there is a time continuum, that would make that universe 4-D. Because a timeline stretches infinitely by default through the space that it covers, and it has 3-D space in each snapshot, and these are uncountable infinite snapshots in every timeline. Basically Bleach was Low 2-C in a similar way.

If it's very necessary,
We know that the Naruto universe at least exists in a larger space with multiple stars, which would make a time continuum and a 4-D space-time continuum.

Anyway, as for tier 1, it's not really like R>F, R>F is seeing a plane as 2-dimensional and looking at it from a higher perspective and seeing like a fiction.

The situation here is more like being able to manipulate and influence this continuum on paper on the same plane, instead of seeing it as 2-dimensional and fictional in the sense of existence.

In my opinion, Plot manip and Low 2-C would be the best option here

Basically Bleach was Low 2-C in a similar way.
Not at all. And even if that was true Bleach got its Low 2-C removed, meaning that on wiki we found such a rating to be incorrect. Whataboutisms aren’t arguments either.

Again the timeline in reference is not the universe’s, rather it’s merely referring to the history of Shinobi. Just because yall see “timeline” does not mean we are inherently talking about a spacetime continuum. For example, if I said the timeline of the Roman Empire, I would be talking about the history of the Roman Empire, not some spacetime continuum. Same case here but replace Roman Empire with Shinobi history.

Again the timeline in reference is not the universe’s, rather it’s merely referring to the history of Shinobi. Just because yall see “timeline” does not mean we are inherently talking about a spacetime continuum. For example, if I said the timeline of the Roman Empire, I would be talking about the history of the Roman Empire, not some spacetime continuum. Same case here but replace Roman Empire with Shinobi history.
That's not what I meant Lmao.

The concept we call "history" occurs in a continuum of time.

If we are talking about shinobi historiy or a time manipulationas said above, these must occur in the continuation of a continuity, and the thing that ensures this continuity is time itself.

What we call history is already, in this continuity, things that remain in the past and are remembered until today. Have you seen? A timeline is required for this to happen.
Indirectly or directly, it doesn't matter.

What you're doing now is "like asking for extra evidence that the space containing an infinite structure is infinite, just to assume that it is infinite."

Yes there exists a universal timeline in the world of Naruto. Not relevant here given the timeline in question is not in reference to that.

There is no need to refer to it as "direct" in this type of scaling, nor is there a need for anything very specific.

As I said, what you're doing here is like asking for extra evidence that space is infinite in order to assume that space containing an infinite structure is infinite.

No I’m not. What I’d be asking for if I was curious about what timeline referred to here would be, proof it was talking about the timeline of the universe. However, in this case timeline is in reference to the checkered past of Shinobi specifically, and not the timeline of the universe. It existing within the timeline of the universe isn’t something I contest or something that matters here.

If you don't object, then don't say "no". Because if you don't object this, there will be a Low 2-C situation here.
There is no Low 2-C scaling here. There’s never an instance of any Low 2-C construct coming into play here. Timeline is just referring to the sequential events of Shinobi history as I’ve outlined several times, and not some spacetime continuum.

Furthermore, the usage of anything involving a “timeline” in this game is just time travel, an application of time manipulation.

There is no Low 2-C scaling here. There’s never an instance of any Low 2-C construct coming into play here. Timeline is just referring to the sequential events of Shinobi history as I’ve outlined several times, and not some spacetime continuum.

Furthermore, the usage of anything involving a “timeline” in this game is just time travel, an application of time manipulation.
Actually, you still prove me right with what you said...

There is no need to refer directly to Low 2-C. If there is a Low 2-C situation and Hagoromo can influence it into the shape of a book, it is Low 2-C.
As I said, what you're doing here is like asking for extra evidence that space is infinite in order to assume that space containing an infinite structure is infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back