• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Darkness We Rise (Thread 1)

..... maybe we should have rehearsed what we would say? Too late now.

Staring at the back of his (Claudio's) head, I wish I could have glared if not for the fact it would tip off these other guys. Lacking in diplomatic options, I just settle for hoping he knows what he is doing.

Jackythejack said:
"Oh, really?" The guard actually seemed interested for the first time in a while. "And this new way of locating them is what, exactly? I can tell the CO right now if you want."
thinkstraightmanyougotthis

"It's a radar that is able to bypass metods normally used to shield against it.

Also it's better to now spread the information, as the humans could get word of it and prepare for the attack."

"So...don't call her in? I can at least tell her to come here. I'm sure she'll be excited about it. Catching those humans is a big deal."

;Overlord775 said:
"Her coming would put the humans on allert."
I respond to the military guy.
"Mean, guess you gotta point." the man shrugged before tapping a few keys on a nearby keyboard. "I'll keep her on speed dial, but you're good to go. Need any help on somethin' just ask."

"Mmhmm, now move along."

And as they moved out into the actual city proper, they'd see that it was mostly destroyed. What remained of Washington DC was nothing but a bunch of ruined, toppled over buildings and dead plants. Seemed like they destroyed most of this place like back at the professor'sbunker.

"Oh, dear...I didn't think it was this bad here...I thought they'd have spared some places."

"Yes, well, it used to be better," he muttered as he nervously played with his fingers. "Though...we shouldn't waste too much time standing around. Does...anyone know how we'd find a human bunker..?"

@Junko

• Slap on the noggin
@Jacky

"Uhhhhhhh, i though you knew were the bunker was ..."

I say to the professor with a confused tone of voice

"Well...n-no. I know it's in DC but...it's difficult to figure out exactly where." He frowned as he began walking down one of the desolate streets. "I couldn't pick up an exact signal..."

"Well ,,,"

I pull out the Radar.

"Let's see if this works."

I then try to use the Accessory to try to spot if there's any living creature in the area beside my team members

You see, in general, a lot of living beings nearby, but they're mostly in or around the train station so likely not what you're looking for. This area probably isn't where the humans are hiding, which just means you'd have to explore some

"Anyone else have ways to help search? Us finding people sooner, the better. Progress should also keep these guys -" I throw a thumb back at the station. "- from getting suspicious of us."

((I thought more people would reply. Aaaaah))

Mostly, you wouldn't detect much on the radar, until suddenly, at the very corners of the radar, the very top, it would show a large mass of life forms. Looking towards the location on the radar would show what seemed to be one of the few buildings standing.

"I'm surprised the presidential building is still standing..."

"Let's go inside."

I then head towards the ingress of the building, while summoning Enkidu around my arms just in case someones attacks me.

The place was filled with nothing of note. They walked into the front doors only to find a destroyed receptionist area. A desk was completely smashed up and strewn about the room, there were holes in the walls and there were red white and blue flags torn to pieces and strewn about the area. The place was really wrecked.

"So they left the building standing but destroyed the inside."

Looks like the humans didn't stand a chance

"Remember, they are in a bunker, aka underground. We must find a way to go down, or same one if we don't find any."

I explain to my team.

There weren't many ways to exactly "go down". Any stairs that you'd find would lead you to a pile of rubble that blocked the rest of the way. Seemed they destroyed any of the lower areas of the building. There weren't many places to go...

"As cliche as it sounds, maybe there is some sort of secret entrance that we need to find. It doesn't look like we can just take the stairs down."

Back