• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin Discussion

Isn't it implied that Monster killed the Mall Santa in Week 5? Since he wears his hat during Winter Horrorland, despite not having one when he appears in the background in the first two songs?

I feel like Monster and those who scale to him are 9-C, we just need to have better justifications.

I really wish the 9-Cs had a better justification tbh.

Are we allowed to take claims, such as Monster singing about killing BF/GF, as actual feats? Of course, Monster is large, and is logically able to do the things he claims to be able to do, but we don't see him do it.
Potentially you could get the KE from this calc for durability so

GF is comparable in height to BF who is 95.508 cm so using this ideal weight calculator I got 23.8 KG and the velocity GF was flung at 26.87 m/s so

0.5 * 23.8 * 26.87^2 = 8591.76 Joules Street Level+ so yeah

Ooo, interesting. Is that usable? May wanna properly calc it in a blog post?

Also, I just noticed that the OG speed calc hasn't been accepted. Need to fix that.

PhantomArcade stated that Boyfriend is 20 years old. However,he appears very small for his age because he is drawn in a chibi style, similar to Girlfriend and Pico.
In the Game Over screen, he is revealed to be slouching his knees somewhat, adding to his small appearance.
Even when he isn't slouching and when Girlfriend isn't wearing her heels,she is still taller than him.
A Reddit comment by PhantomArcade indicates that Boyfriend and Girlfriend appear very short as a symbol of their innocence.
this means that their size is not 95 centimeters (they are not so small, they cannot be smaller than 8-year-olds)

Do you still need my help with something here, or is it fine if I unsubscribe from this thread?

I believe we're done with the main topic of the thread, it seems we're just trying to fix a couple issues on the profiles and looking into more feats.

This is probably better for the General Discussion board at the moment.

Turns out, there's already some precedent set for claims/feats in song lyrics.

Worst case scenario, the parents get changed to

"10-B, likely 9-C

Attack Potency: Human level (Resembles an adult human), likely Street level (Implied to be stronger than the Monster, who claimed to be able to peel off the skin and rip out the eyes of Boyfriend and Girlfriend)"

And Monster gets

"10-B, likely 9-C

Attack Potency: Human level (Resembles an adult human), likely Street level (Claims to be able to tear Boyfriend and Girlfriend, two adults, apart using methods such as removing their skin and ripping out their eyes)"

The way i see it
problem 1
What tells us that Tankmen is comparable in size to his series version? Also the fact that Tankman is close to Boyfriend's size seems to indicate that he too is drawn chibi/semi-chibi.
problem 2
In the animation the character is already in Boyfriend's arms before Pico even fell, as it happens so fast they only make the Girlfriend in the speakers disappear, so I don't understand how you got the 0.02 seconds

Even if we use the size of Tankman, I think it's better to use the time insurance that Aguywhodoesthings used in the original calculation, dividing a Frame by the FPS the game runs as a minimum (which I think would still give wall level sub sonics, but lower)

good thing 1
Pico in the animation bursts the face of the first Tankmen with a hit with his pistol (remarking hit), this could be a good feat for Pico

Assuming the calc is acceptable, who scales to it?

Obviously it's AP for Pico and durability for Girlfriend, but how would we scale past that.

My suggestion is this;

Unless Boyfriend took the full hit from GF, I don't see how this scales to the AP/dura feat. The speed and LS still count, and due to him having a statement of being an average dude, this means everyone else scales to this. Boyfriend remains 10-B, but I could see 9-B durability via being the one to catch GF while she was moving that fast.

Monster would probably still have a 10-B, likely 9-B rating due to only having claims of him being able to kill Girlfriend.

The parents scale above this of course.

Overall;

Boyfriend: 10-B, possibly 9-B durability.

Girlfriend: 10-B, 9-B durability.

Pico: 9-B

Monster, Daddy Dearest, Mommy Mearest: 10-B, likely 9-B.

The way i see it
problem 1
What tells us that Tankmen is comparable in size to his series version? Also the fact that Tankman is close to Boyfriend's size seems to indicate that he too is drawn chibi/semi-chibi.
why does artstyle matter here? if i drew darth vader chibi like does that make him suddenly make him shorter? no. he would still be a nearly 7-foot tall menace.
problem 2
In the animation the character is already in Boyfriend's arms before Pico even fell, as it happens so fast they only make the Girlfriend in the speakers disappear, so I don't understand how you got the 0.02 seconds
Unless Boyfriend took the full hit from GF, I don't see how this scales to the AP/dura feat. The speed and LS still count, and due to him having a statement of being an average dude, this means everyone else scales to this. Boyfriend remains 10-B, but I could see 9-B durability via being the one to catch GF while she was moving that fast.

Monster would probably still have a 10-B, likely 9-B rating due to only having claims of him being able to kill Girlfriend.

The parents scale above this of course.

Overall;

Boyfriend: 10-B, possibly 9-B durability.

Girlfriend: 10-B, 9-B durability.

Pico: 9-B

Monster, Daddy Dearest, Mommy Mearest: 10-B, likely 9-B.
so your going to discard monster's feats because he presented the feats in a song... in a rhythm game...? it's like throwing out Bill Cipher's 4-A feat because it was just him imagining it. yeah he's capable of doing it BUT he only said stuff about it never actually shown it

he is capable of doing the things he talks about, as he supposedly kills santa in week 5 which one-shotting someone is already a street-level feat let alone ripping them apart.

I'm not disregarding his claims completely, however it is worth noting that he doesn't actually perform the feats he sings about, he just claims he's able to do it.

Of course, a large monster claiming to be capable of 9-C feats isn't too farfetched. I still think a "likely" is warranted.

why does artstyle matter here? if i drew darth vader chibi like does that make him suddenly make him shorter? no. he would still be a nearly 7-foot tall menace.
It means that it is not in real scale with the rest of the things, because as I see it, this 1.80 meter guy is a little more than a head smaller than Daddy Dearest, who I doubt is taller than 2 meters
I also remind you that those 1.80 come from a supposition used in a calculation of the Tankmen, it is not a confirmed size or anything.
Ok, now I know what they are, but, I still don't understand where he got the 0.02s from

Of course, a large monster claiming to be capable of 9-C feats isn't too farfetched. I still think a "likely" is warranted.
he should just be likely street level, just 'attack potency: likely street level'

It's the only thing we have about him, and shouldn't be human-level just because he hasn't pulled off the things he says he can do.

In the same thread, they say that Daddy is 14ft, and that GF and the speaker system are huge. Its a joke.

I already said not once or twice but a thousand times that these guys everything they spit can be a joke or true, like another joke where they said that they spent the kickstarter money on things that had nothing to do with the game (it was half true half a lie, since in reality they put the game but also themselves) but of course nobody knew if it was true or false because it is not known or understood when they say something true or false.
and here they did not confirm that or say that it was a joke, and that they reviewed many streams where they were asked that and they simply omitted it or ignored it, or answered it with something even more ridiculous (in one phantom arcade he said: girlfriend is tall why not is human)

problem 2
I see this as the first frame GF has traveled the distance also I believe this is what the program rounded up to with one frame so the timing is more likely 0.016 seconds rather than 0.02 seconds

Some ideas for calcs, if anyone would be interested.

•The speed at which the cast can move for poses. They move pretty fast during the songs with higher BPM, such as MILF, Guns, or Stress. I think one of the mom's poses has her move her leg as if she's taking a step, so maybe this could get them movement speed? Anything above baseline would be neat.

•Pico busting open the Tankman's face with a melee strike is probably gonna get 9-C. Dunno how this would be calced, or if it would even scale to his physical striking strength given he used a gun to do it.

•Even Pico landing on the speakers after falling could probably get something.

Back