• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most important CTR of FNF: how tall is Boyfriend?

Guess I'm late to this. But given my calculation is within the OP I feel I should leave a comment. I think using the stated weight for GF is fine, my issue is using stated heights. Because as mentioned in the OP, they're intentionally depicted as smaller than they actually are. So why would we use actual heights if the size they are is intentionally not accurate? Doesn't make sense.

As for if these WoG statements are considered invalid or jokes, I don't really care. I'm more concerned on the ramifications of if they do get accepted.

Guess I'm late to this. But given my calculation is within the OP I feel I should leave a comment. I think using the stated weight for GF is fine, my issue is using stated heights. Because as mentioned in the OP, they're intentionally depicted as smaller than they actually are. So why would we use actual heights if the size they are is intentionally not accurate? Doesn't make sense.

As for if these WoG statements are considered invalid or jokes, I don't really care. I'm more concerned on the ramifications of if they do get accepted.
That's the thing, whatever we do will lead to exaggerated results.
This affects the Ap, Speed, and LS of the entire verse, and it will affect most of the feats we have in the future.
Although you're partly right, canon or not, we really can't use Boyfriend's size because of the drawing of innocence
But another problem, we also have the size of Daddy Dearest (14 feet, and the BF problem does not apply to him), which will give almost the Same results in the size calculation if we use it
426.72 cm/897 px =0.47571906354
0.47571906354*501 px= 238.335250834 cm

Last edited:
That's the thing, whatever we do will lead to exaggerated results.
It's not exaggerated if the statements are deemed as canon. If we consider them to be illegitimate, than yeah.
This affects the Ap, Speed, and LS of the entire verse, and it will affect most of the feats we have in the future.
although you're partly right, canon or not, we really can't use Boyfriend's size because of the drawing of innocence
but another problem, we also have the size of Daddy Dearest (14 feet), which will give almost the same results in the size calculation if we use it
I mean we could assume them to be inaccurately depicted too. If he weren't, he'd be way bigger than BF and GF. Like WAYYY bigger. In fact, he wouldn't fit on the screen of his level. It'd be best if we got a accurate depiction of the character's heights by an officiant.

It's not exaggerated if the statements are deemed as canon. If we consider them to be illegitimate, than yeah.
I mean, if we use size and weight at the same time we can even reach735.79 Kilojoules and Class K
(I will try to make a version only with the official weight and the size calculated by us)
I mean we could assume them to be inaccurately depicted too. If he weren't, he'd be way bigger than BF and GF. Like WAYYY bigger. In fact, he wouldn't fit on the screen of his level.
I'm a little unsure about this, but it's also an option.

I mean, if we use size and weight at the same time we can even reach735.79 Kilojoules and Class K
Yeah, that I do feel is exaggerated if the character's are noted to be an intentional inaccurate portrayal. An unintentional inaccurate portrayal is one thing, but that's not the case here. So I'd calc using stated weight but calculated size.

Nothing changed, in fact the version that gave the worst results was removed

Now it's like this
Height:
Girlfriend's Kinetic Energy:

• 180.06 Kilojoules (Wall level)
Boyfriend's catch:
  • Low-End: 36,734.2 Kilograms of Force (Class 50)
  • High-End: 73,468.4 Kilograms of Force (Class 100)

Weight:

• 147.37 Kilojoules (Wall level)
Boyfriend's catch:
  • Low-End: 33,589.53*2 = 67,179.06 (Class 100)
  • High-End: 67,195.72 *2 = 134,391.44 (Class K)

Height&Weight:

• 735.79 Kilojoules (Wall level)
Boyfriend's catch:
  • Low-End: 75,055.05*2 = 150,110.1 (Class K)
  • High-End: 150,110.11*2 = 300,220.22 (Class K)

Yeah, that I do feel is exaggerated if the character's are noted to be an intentional inaccurate portrayal. An unintentional inaccurate portrayal is one thing, but that's not the case here. So I'd calc using stated weight but calculated size.
Doing what you said gives this:
Boyfriend's catch:

Doing what you said gives this:
Boyfriend's catch:
although that does not count the destruction of any object,it will probably count if in the week 8 there is a destruction of somekind

I mentioned this in the prior thread, but I believe that since the team behind Friday Night Funkin' joke so much on Twitter that it gets to the point where it it hard to determine a joke from something serious, we should only add things that are supported by in-game dialogue or story. The comics that come from Twitter are probably fine to add, since they don't contradict anything in the game; if the developers really want to male BF 7 ft tall, they will mention it at some point during gameplay/in extras.

I mentioned this in the prior thread, but I believe that since the team behind Friday Night Funkin' joke so much on Twitter that it gets to the point where it it hard to determine a joke from something serious, we should only add things that are supported by in-game dialogue or story. The comics that come from Twitter are probably fine to add, since they don't contradict anything in the game; if the developers really want to male BF 7 ft tall, they will mention it at some point during gameplay/in extras.
bro, there's not even time for that. In addition, there are very few times where in a verse it is said in the verse how big or heavy a character is, normally the author says it or by similar means. and again, some of the things they said were jokes (and were more stupid than asking the size and weight)so why this,that is more simple,will be a joke?

bro, there's not even time for that.
What do you mean by that? We have all the time in the world to wait for new chapters to release.
In addition, there are very few times where in a verse it is said in the verse how big or heavy a character is, normally the author says it or by similar means. and again, some of the things they said were jokes (and were more stupid than asking the size and weight)so why this,that is more simple,will be a joke?
Yeah, because normal authors don't dick around with users on twitter constantly. While this could be true, it could also just be a joke that all the devs are in on; this definitely seems like something they would do. Since we don't know whether or not it is correct, and we have some conflicting information in-game, the game takes priority. Again, if the authors really want BF to be 7 ft tall, they will mention it in-game.

What do you mean by that? We have all the time in the world to wait for new chapters to release.

Yeah, because normal authors don't dick around with users on twitter constantly. While this could be true, it could also just be a joke that all the devs are in on; this definitely seems like something they would do. Since we don't know whether or not it is correct, and we have some conflicting information in-game, the game takes priority. Again, if the authors really want BF to be 7 ft tall, they will mention it in-game.
1.This is a video game, not a television series (I know you said it not literally that way, but good to clarify)
2.again, just because they joke all the time doesn't mean everything they say is going to be a joke, being arrogant won't make you wrong all the times.
3.Yes, and you think that it is better to use a headcanon size meter instead of a size set by the creators themselves, because it seems that with that logic we are going wrong, but of course, it can be said that there are times when it is contradictory, but that In the size of the characters it is sometimes, not all the time.

It's also an option, but this should also go away from the profiles then, since their evidence is from streams or reddit questions:
  • BF's and Gf's limited resistance to mind manipulation,
  • Demons' Self-Sustenance
  • Demons' Limited Transformation via Magic should go then.
  • The scaling of MD and DD towards Monster, that is, what gives them their AP.
  • The low intelligence of BF and GF
  • The few street skills of BF

Leaving aside how it would affect the profiles, now the argument:
The fnf verse is more than the game and the comic by far, almost everything we know about the characters currently is due to factors outside the game, we can't just deny it.
Just check the character profiles on the wiki, not the VSbattles ones, but the FNF wiki ones.
In fact, even the story is currently external to the game, almost everything has been explained in streams.

Exactly, if it weren't for that, we wouldn't even know how bf and gf act, in fact it would be limited to just "it seems like they don't care at all" when in reality it's beyond that, that reminds me of the main reason This is why people start to believe that bf from the canon has no personality or remarkable characteristics, like the mods, but that would be further from the truth.

1.This is a video game, not a television series (I know you said it not literally that way, but good to clarify)
I am well aware of that fact, but you have yet to clarify why it has to be done now rather than when more chapters release.
2.again, just because they joke all the time doesn't mean everything they say is going to be a joke, being arrogant won't make you wrong all the times.
You're correct, it doesn't; but it means that we will always have to take what they say with a metric ton of salt.
3.Yes, and you think that it is better to use a headcanon size meter instead of a size set by the creators themselves, because it seems that with that logic we are going wrong, but of course, it can be said that there are times when it is contradictory, but that In the size of the characters it is sometimes, not all the time.
The creators haven't set the size in-game yet, only on twitter where they constantly joke about things surrounding the game. In order to update BF's height, you need more evidence than "Oh, the creators who joke about the game constantly said on twitter that he was." If the new chapters come out, and they support what the devs are saying, I'll be all for it. But until then, I'm staying as disagree.
It's also an option, but this should also go away from the profiles then, since their evidence is from streams or reddit questions:
  • BF's and Gf's limited resistance to mind manipulation,
  • Demons' Self-Sustenance
  • Demons' Limited Transformation via Magic should go then.
  • The scaling of MD and DD towards Monster, that is, what gives them their AP.
  • The low intelligence of BF and GF
  • The few street skills of BF

Leaving aside how it would affect the profiles, now the argument:
The fnf verse is more than the game and the comic by far, almost everything we know about the characters currently is due to factors outside the game, we can't just deny it.
Just check the character profiles on the wiki, not the VSbattles ones, but the FNF wiki ones.
In fact, even the story is currently external to the game, almost everything has been explained in streams.

Did you just not read the rest of the paragraph?

"I mentioned this in the prior thread, but I believe that since the team behind Friday Night Funkin' joke so much on Twitter that it gets to the point where it it hard to determine a joke from something serious, we should only add things that are supported by in-game dialogue or story. The comics that come from Twitter are probably fine to add, since they don't contradict anything in the game; if the developers really want to male BF 7 ft tall, they will mention it at some point during gameplay/in extras."

I'm fine with adding things that the creators say, as long as it isn't contradicting to in-game stuff. 7 ft boyfriend is contradicted by Tankman, so I have a problem with it. If the creators are simply clarifying lore and timeline stuff, it's cool; but if the creators are making shit up that isn't mentioned anywhere and is contradictory to what they have put in the game in the past, we shouldn't put it in.

I'm fine with adding things that the creators say, as long as it isn't contradicting to in-game stuff. 7 ft boyfriend is contradicted by Tankman, so I have a problem with it. If the creators are simply clarifying lore and timeline stuff, it's cool; but if the creators are making shit up that isn't mentioned anywhere and is contradictory to what they have put in the game in the past, we shouldn't put it in.
no, it is not contradicted by tankman, tankman does not say how tall bf is, he is only insulting him.
Seriously, he calls girlfriend a teenager(when she's an adult) and calls bf little shit (obviously an insult)

no, it is not contradicted by tankman, tankman does not say how tall bf is, he is only insulting him.
By calling him short multiple times.
Seriously, he calls girlfriend a teenager(when she's an adult)
1. She's 19 AKA an adult
2. Even if she wasn't, she is very well developed, so it's not hard to imagine someone thinking of her as an adult just from looking at her
and calls bf little shit (obviously an insult)
Along with a garage of other insults that mention his height. Also, would you actually call someone whose 7 ft tall a "little shit"? Just seems really strange for someone to say.

Did you just not read the rest of the paragraph?

"I mentioned this in the prior thread, but I believe that since the team behind Friday Night Funkin' joke so much on Twitter that it gets to the point where it it hard to determine a joke from something serious, we should only add things that are supported by in-game dialogue or story. The comics that come from Twitter are probably fine to add, since they don't contradict anything in the game; if the developers really want to male BF 7 ft tall, they will mention it at some point during gameplay/in extras."

1. Be more clear, the part you point to makes it look as if you allowed the comics and that's it.
2. So what you say is to do it on a case-by-case basis, right?

Well yes, case by case, as LaserPrecision pointed out before, the size is somewhat contradictory.
Although there is nothing that affects the weight

And by the way, both of you think for a second, that Tankman calls BF small is irrelevant:
  • If we consider that he measures 7 feet, then we would have to accept that DD measures 14, so we are facing heights in which 7 would be small for the verse.
  • If we consider that BF is not 7 feet, then DD is not 14 feet, so we are dealing with heights where BF is small

Any discussion related to Tankman's insults has no value, neither for nor against

1. She's 19 AKA an adult
2. Even if she wasn't, she is very well developed, so it's not hard to imagine someone thinking of her as an adult just from looking at her
Alexander is saying that Tankman calls her a teenager even though she's an adult what are you arguing with him here?

Last edited:
By calling him short multiple times.

1. She's 19 AKA an adult

Along with a garage of other insults that mention his height. Also, would you actually call someone whose 7 ft tall a "little shit"? Just seems really strange for someone to say.
calling you little can still be an insult, even when you're not, the idea of an insult is literally being too rude to the person, literally phantom arcade said that tankman is being asshole.

calling you little can still be an insult, even when you're not, the idea of an insult is literally being too rude to the person, literally phantom arcade said that tankman is being asshole.

Once again, you use an example that literally anyone would think upon a glance; tell me, if you saw a person with blue hair, would you think it was real or dyed?
1. Be more clear, the part you point to makes it look as if you allowed the comics and that's it.
Fair enough
Yeah, kinda. If there is nothing against something in-game, and it's simply clearing up story beats and such, it should be fine.

Well yes, case by case, as LaserPrecision pointed out before, the size is somewhat contradictory.
Although there is nothing that affects the weight

And by the way, both of you think for a second, that Tankman calls BF small is irrelevant:
  • If we consider that he measures 7 feet, then we would have to accept that DD measures 14, so we are facing heights in which 7 would be small for the verse.
  • If we consider that BF is not 7 feet, then DD is not 14 feet, so we are dealing with heights where BF is small

Any discussion related to Tankman's insults has no value, neither for nor against
Tankman is canonically not 7 ft tall, so it being short for the verse would be irrelevant.

Once again, you use an example that literally anyone would think upon a glance; tell me, if you saw a person with blue hair, would you think it was real or dyed?
i will first ask the person,not saying it is dyed,because i could expect anything from this world.

Tankman is canonically not 7 ft tall, so it being short for the verse would be irrelevant.
As far as I know, Tankman doesn't have an official canonical size, and if he does, it's probably for his series, something completely separate (Fnf's Tankman is an alternate version of the series, they're not the same)

What I mean is that if BF is 7 feet, Tankman who is somewhat bigger than him by automatic would measure more than 7 feet
And considering that DD (who is ironically the closest to real life human proportions) is said in the same set of Tweets that he is 14ft, then 7ft can be assumed to be small for the verse, what would make Boyfriend small for average in either situation

I feel we're just kinda going in circles at this point; I think it's just up to what you think about the tweets being used in the first place. I might continue debating tomorrow, but I'm kinda getting burnt out of it atm.

Understandable

The idea is that we reach a conclusion/agreement and in case we decide that it is a joke, see if we can make a temporary rule or something, until more information or different data comes out.

Just realized, even if we agree that BF is 7ft, we won't be able to use it in any calculations, because of the innocence factor (as LaserPrecision said)
We still need to define it, because the most notable problems in accepting height are also present in the issue of weight.

Just realized, even if we agree that BF is 7ft, we won't be able to use it in any calculations, because of the innocence factor (as LaserPrecision said)
We still need to define it, because the most notable problems in accepting height are also present in the issue of weight.
I think phantom arcade meant that they look small, but that, they look small, but looking small doesn't mean they are small, from our perspective they look small

Just in case here is the reddit of innocence
It's still kind of weird, because he said it like it was something similar to jojo in an arc where they're big but then they're small,still we don't gonna give them 95 centimeters,they can't be smaller than a 8 year old child,and again,the dad is 14 feat tall and he is still in the ''he is tall''or something and girlfriend is still in the range of ''tall''

It's still kind of weird, because he said it like it was something similar to jojo in an arc where they're big but then they're small,still we don't gonna give them 95 centimeters,they can't be smaller than a 8 year old child,and again,the dad is 14 feat tall and he is still in the ''he is tall''or something and girlfriend is still in the range of ''tall''
if we base ourselves on DD, ironically it would end up being higher
Although you're partly right, canon or not, we really can't use Boyfriend's size because of the drawing of innocence
But another problem, we also have the size of Daddy Dearest (14 feet, and the BF problem does not apply to him), which will give almost the Same results in the size calculation if we use it
426.72 cm/897 px =0.47571906354
0.47571906354*501 px= 238.335250834 cm
and with GF in the range of "tall" what do you mean?
By taller than an 8 year old are you referring to Skid and Pump?

and with GF in the range of "tall" what do you mean?
By taller than an 8 year old are you referring to Skid and Pump?
that she needs to "crouch down" to grab bf's hand (although in the mini comic it seems that he does it for another reason, to troll and make believe that it is a sexual joke)and yeah,i am reffering to skid and pump

and yeah,i am reffering to skid and pump
Well, it makes sense, even if we can't use the tweets, the game visually shows that Boyfriend exceeds them in height.
that she needs to "crouch down" to grab bf's hand (although in the mini comic it seems that he does it for another reason, to troll and make believe that it is a sexual joke)
We also know that GF is taller than BF, even if she takes off her heels.
Yep, GF is definitely not considered small in FNF.

Well, it makes sense, even if we can't use the tweets, the game visually shows that Boyfriend exceeds them in height.

We also know that GF is taller than BF, even if she takes off her heels.
Yep, GF is definitely not considered small in FNF.
ok

Back