• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most important CTR of FNF: how tall is Boyfriend?

Let's be direct
Friday Night Funkin' has a problem
and that's the size of Boyfriend (and the entire verse respectively)

Now I will proceed to explain

Me explaining
In this CTR, I point out that the heights in which they are seen are representative and not their actual heights.
This caused a small discussion that we ended up moving for when we finished some things, being that CTR and another one that came later.
That moment is now

Arguments
We have both Boyfriend height and Girlfriend weight thanks to PhantomArcade & Ninja_muffin99 Tweets, however, there is no certainty that it is a reliable source, being persons who jokes a lot, considering how exaggerated these amounts are:
BF Height: 7 feet = 2.1336 m
GF Weight: 900 pounds = 408.233 kg

In fact, we have the height tweet twice, but there is a way to argue that they are worse evidence, along with that they are direct questions from a vsbattles user.

Another thing against tweets is that BF is considered small

Repercussions
  • In "Yes" case:
If we assume them to be correct in the existing calculation, this is what comes out

That is, depending on which one is chosen
The Ap can change between figures of 147.37 Kilojoules to figures of 735.79 Kilojoules
The Ls can be from Class 50 to Class K
And the speed would go to Subsonic

Not to mention that we have another feat of resistance that has not yet been calculated, which also depends on the size to be used

• In "No" case:
In case of assuming that they are not correct, we will have a problem,
because something that is already clear is that BF and GF are larger than what is seen in the game, that is, that the old calculations would not be usable and we make an assumption or we discard them directly and return to how it was before their existence

Last edited:
To be a supposedly controversial topic within the verse that affects it in its entirety... it doesn't seem to attract much attention, uh?

I mean everyone involved in Friday Night Funkin, have made it very clear Boyfriend is a comical 7 feet tall
Boyfriend being 7 feet tall seems to have an overwhelming amount of support from the creators

I mean everyone involved in Friday Night Funkin, have made it very clear Boyfriend is a comical 7 feet tall
More than many pieces of evidence, it is a very strong piece of evidence (they are a tweet, the answer to a question asked to the same tweet and a response in the same tweet)
Then two years later Phantom Arcade still confirms that Boyfriend is 7 feet tall
The last one doesn't count, because:
1. That could easily be "yes, I say that in the past"
2. I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to ask things directly, and well... this is an answer to a question from Alexander (the one in a comment above you)

So the assumption is that on FNFunkin' everyone is giant? including Boyfriend, who is supposedly so small that Girlfriend needs to get on her knees to grab his hand.
In short, I can only argue with answers of disbelief, so I'll wait to hear the opposite side, I imagine that they will be more prepared than me in this

Last edited:
This would also mean that all tall characters in the game should receive Large size type 0, being about the same size as Daddy Dearest.

This would also mean that all tall characters in the game should receive Large size type 0, being about the same size as Daddy Dearest.
To be clear,for what i know,only boyfriend and Hank have a official size.
I can't Say that for the rest

There is absolutely no reason to use the "Boyfriend is 7 feet tall and Girlfriend is 900 pounds" statements. These are at best, jokes, and at worst an attempt from a member of our forum to make calcs bigger.

The first statement that PhantomArcade made about Boyfriend's height is that he is drawn chibi/shorter to represent his innocence. According to the calculation, this puts him (as we see him) at about three feet tall. This would imply that Boyfriend and Daddy Dearest are much closer in height than we see in the game, and I am fine with that.

However, the statement that Boyfriend is 7ft tall and that Daddy Dearest is 14ft tall contradicts this. This would imply that Boyfriend is not scaled down in the game's artstyle, and that, what we see in the game, is a 7ft tall Boyfriend. As DD is roughly twice as tall, this would make him 14ft. It feels incredibly disingenuous to use this figure as anything official, as a member of our forum was the one who asked the question the second time, seemingly for the purpose of upgrading their statistics on the site.

These two statements are contradictory. Either he is scaled down, or he isn't and is 7ft with DD being literally twice as tall as him. These two statements are mutually exclusive.

However, the game itself gives us some information about how tall Boyfriend is. Tankman describes him, Pico, and Girlfriend as "little" not once, not twice, not thrice, not four times, not five times, but six times in Week 7 alone. Tankman is visually taller than Boyfriend in the game's artstyle, but is shorter than characters like DD and MM.

I think, at most, we could use the average height of an American 19 y/o for him. The other end of this is to continue using the height calc taken from DD.

Last edited:
However, the game itself gives us some information about how tall Boyfriend is. Tankman describes him, Pico, and Girlfriend as "little" not once, not twice, not thrice, not four times, not five times, but six times in Week 7 alone. Tankman is visually taller than Boyfriend in the game's artstyle, but is shorter than characters like DD and MM.
Maybe... 7 feet is just short by the FNF universes standards

There is absolutely no reason to use the "Boyfriend is 7 feet tall and Girlfriend is 900 pounds" statements. These are at best, jokes, and at worst an attempt from a member of our forum to make calcs bigger.

The first statement that PhantomArcade made about Boyfriend's height is that he is drawn chibi/shorter to represent his innocence. According to the calculation, this puts him (as we see him) at about three feet tall. This would imply that Boyfriend and Daddy Dearest are much closer in height than we see in the game, and I am fine with that.

However, the statement that Boyfriend is 7ft tall and that Daddy Dearest is 14ft tall contradicts this. This would imply that Boyfriend is not scaled down in the game's artstyle, and that, what we see in the game, is a 7ft tall Boyfriend. As DD is roughly twice as tall, this would make him 14ft. It feels incredibly disingenuous to use this figure as anything official, as a member of our forum was the one who asked the question the second time, seemingly for the purpose of upgrading their statistics on the site.

These two statements are contradictory. Either he is scaled down, or he isn't and is 7ft with DD being literally twice as tall as him. These two statements are mutually exclusive.

I think, at most, we could use the average height of an American 19 y/o for him. The other end of this is to continue using the height calc taken from DD.
Tankman is being a asshole You know?he also says that bf has a blues hair that is painted,but ir is not painted,it is natural,and again why do You believe in someone insulting someone all the time?bf and gf could be small because of the artstyle and not just for the innocence thing.
And what are You saying take the height of a 19 american,when that size can also varie depending on factors.
And again,why in the world they Will have extremely enanishm when it is never Say that they have that.
And by the way,the height thing was Say by phantom arcade himself,the other was asked by me about that specific tweet.
And the weight was for another thing phantom arcade Say in a stream where he Say something about girlfriend being Chunky.
And yeah i know dave and came like to make jokes,but that does not mean everything they are gonna Say is a joke

Tankman is being a asshole You know?he also says that bf has a blues hair that is painted,but ir is not painted,it is natural,and again why do You believe in someone insulting someone all the time?bf and gf could be small because of the artstyle and not just for the innocence thing.
  1. Yes, insults are meant to be rude. But they are still based on how Tankman sees Boyfriend.
  2. Considering what started this whole conversation, I find it quite unlikely for it to be "not the innocence thing".
And the weight was for another thing phantom arcade Say in a stream where he Say something about girlfriend being Chunky.
You mean the 900 Pound thing? Nah, that came from you persistently asking the devs that question which you later announced in the first 2023 CRT. This is also something that is REALLY frowned upon in this community.
You were already warned about this though, so I just hope you take it seriously.

Anyways. for the CRT, I mostly agree with Shocking's post from above, though I considered using Senpai from Week 6 instead for the height calculations. Given that most of the lore for is pretty much Japanese Highschooler who is either a student or a teacher, depending on interpretation.
That seems to be pretty generic enough to be usable.

You mean the 900 Pound thing? Nah, that came from you persistently asking the devs that question which you later announced in the first 2023 CRT. This is also something that is REALLY frowned upon in this community.
You were already warned about this though, so I just hope you take it seriously.
i can understand it if it was for something more specific,but asking for a character height and weight it is the most basic thing that You can ask to a author.
And i want to know,why we Will make more worth what tankman says?when he is not saying their height,he is being rude to them,i mean one thing is calling You small,and other is calling You small shit or something.
It is clearly a insult more than a serius thing.
And i want to know,we have proof of the devs not being serios in here?because like i Say above,we can't just make all there words jokes because they make jokes,unless they Say the opposite,then we take it(remind You about bf name)

Last edited:
And i want to know,why we Will make more worth what tankman says?when he is not saying their height,he is being rude to them,i mean one thing is calling You small,and other is calling You small shit or something.
To be fair, if you call someone a small sh*t, it's probably because they're shorter than you.
anyway, bumping

I've already made my stance on this whole discussion pretty clear now, and nothing has really changed since then. Mark me for disagree.

This make sense to me, but I'll wait for more input

Pretty sure that the official comics also keep the ingame sizes. 7 foot height is one thing but GF being 900 pounds is dumb as hell fr just nuke it all.

Pretty sure that the official comics also keep the ingame sizes. 7 foot height is one thing but GF being 900 pounds is dumb as hell fr just nuke it all.
I don't know if I should take your comment seriously, because it seems like "nuke in everything"
but the 900 pound one I didn't expect, of course, I didn't expect the 7 foot one the first time I saw it either, but hey,it really does not annoy me

I don't know if I should take your comment seriously, because it seems like "nuke in everything"
but the 900 pound one I didn't expect, of course, I didn't expect the 7 foot one the first time I saw it either, but hey,it really does not annoy me
7 foot would've been fine but 900 pounds needs to go. GF can't weigh that much unless she is like, 2-3x as dense as the average human. It needs to go.

If Girlfriend needs to get on her knees to grab Boyfriend's hand, then she's like around 8-9ft tall, so her being 900 pounds (Which isn't even supernaturally heavy) doesn't seem that far-fetched

If Girlfriend needs to get on her knees to grab Boyfriend's hand, then she's like around 8-9ft tall, so her being 900 pounds (Which isn't even supernaturally heavy) doesn't seem that far-fetched
The tallest human ever was 2.72 meters tall (8'11.1) and weighed 200kg or 440lbs. GF would have to be obese even by the standards of 9 foot tall humanoids

The tallest human ever was 2.72 meters tall (8'11.1) and weighed 200kg or 440lbs. GF would have to be obese even by the standards of 9 foot tall humanoids
To be fair, Girlfriend is a demon, she may just be made differently

By the way, can someone find the direct in which the 900 pounds thing was said? I don't think it's a good idea to base ourselves on a tweet response to Alexander
someone probably reuploaded it

By the way, can someone find the direct in which the 900 pounds thing was said? I don't think it's a good idea to base ourselves on a tweet response to Alexander
someone probably reuploaded it

I said that phantom arcade said that she was chunky, not that she weighed 900 pounds, that was ninjamuffin who said it.

I said that phantom arcade said that she was chunky, not that she weighed 900 pounds, that was ninjamuffin who said it.

In your tweet you said: "How much does gf weights?a dev Say t me that over 900 pounds?is true?", where did you get that from?

In your tweet you said: "How much does gf weights?a dev Say t me that over 900 pounds?is true?", where did you get that from?

I had asked that, and a developer who said he was one of the game developers (of those hired), said that she weighed 900 pounds.
this guy.
i never say ''dave or phantom arcade''i say dev,if i say phantom arcade or dave,i will say it

Last edited:
Boyfriend being 7 feet tall seems to have an overwhelming amount of support from the creators
These are obviously jokes LOL

The point is that we must come to an agreement on this,
For my part I think I am in favor of accepting the size of the tweets, even if I don't like it, it is the best we have.
I mean, since we have so little content of the verse, there is little with which to deny it other than to assume that it is a joke.

The fact that they are drawn small to demonstrate their innocence and the fact that there is a very big difference between the heights do not contradict each other, because in the end Boyfriend is still considered small within the verse, with or without the innocence part.

I'm neutral about the weight.

Back