• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friday Night Funkin Discussion Thread

Once again. Even if we assume he did vaporize them (i don't really see it) he did it in a game. "Vaporizing" data is not the same as vaporizing real matter. All the speculations that he should be able to do the same "IRL" are irrelevant without any actual feats.
This is like we have a feat of some guy vaporizing a block of ice but you calculete vaporization of steel insted, because "he should be able to vaporize steel all the same". But it's even worse.

And hypersonic for being scared of lightning? They don't even move or dodge the actual bolt, they hear the sound from outside and get startled for a second.
Subsonic is also dubious, it doesn't happen in game and can just be aim dodging.

For the lighting part, at best they can get like peak human reactions for properly reacting to the sound so fast

Also, how would Zardy be, I think he'd be 9-C wirth weapons and other enemies would likely be 9-C due to one-shotting the player in Zardy's Maze (Kinda unrelated but he has an FNF mod), it'd kinda be like Piggy where they are 9-C since they one-shot a human (The Player).

Subsonic is also dubious, it doesn't happen in game and can just be aim dodging.

For the lighting part, at best they can get like peak human reactions for properly reacting to the sound so fast
A typical lightning last for 0.2 seconds which is hormal human.

Like I said, all of this is Buttersamuri level wankery

i think he corrects himself that its actually in kilometers not miles in the next few seconds
I think he still wanted to accelerate to 88 miles but the speedometer was in kilometers so he was trying to figure out how much that would be.

Last edited:
Where's the evidence of that even happening? The screen just goes dark for a second and the girls are gone, and the background is distorted. That could be anything from the girls running away in fear to existance erasure. Personally, data manipulation seems to be the most logical.
Okay, so again, you didn't read what was actually going on. You realize that during that scene, we quite literally see the explosion come out of Senpai's face?

What do you even think happened to Senpai's body? "That could be anything from the girls running away in fear to existance erasure" Ah yes, let's assume that he has existence erasure, yep, totally more logical. At least give SOMETHING that he has data manipulation, because it's getting to a point where I'm arguing someone with no evidence. Considering how Senpai's body was completely destroyed, as well as the dead trees looking black often due to fire or an explosion, the feat seems clear to me.

Remember, all of Week 7 is happening inside a video game cartridge connected to a TV. Senpai, BF, and GF are just data, mere sentient signals being sent around inside the cartridge. That's why they're 10-C. No feat that happens in here scales to their normal AP or durability. Senpai could destroy a multiverse while in the game and still be 10-C, as that multiverse is just data inside of a cartridge sitting in GF's bedroom. Even if it DID count as an actual feat, only Spirit/Senpai would scale to it, they don't harm anyone. The one attack that Spirit threatened to use (Possession) negates durability anyway.
First off, it's week 6, not 7. Second, I've already mentioned the whole data argument and why it's stupid. Any feat the SPIRIT preforms 100% scales to the real world, you're still not understanding what my point is. Because we don't have evidence that Spirit, BF, nor GF gained any extra powers from simply going inside of a game. This isn't like SAO or Spy Kids 3 where going inside of the video game blatantly adds a boost of power and abilities, this one is the polar opposite. BF and GF would scale, dude, they quite literally tanked the explosion.

The "explosion" inside of Senpai is just Spirit bursting out, you see fire come from Senpai's face, and Spirit resembles fire. Even so, the explosion would hardly scratch 9-C, let alone 9-A due to how it seemed to just be his face.
No, just no, that's a terrible argument. Considering how Senpai's body is completely gone, with again the trees clearly being caught in it as an explosion can detonate on the inside and further spread on the outside. A burnt tree caught in an explosion normally looks like this, which clearly what we see in the background.
sad-burnt-tree-smoking-forest-fire-rainforest-157449200.png
225.png
latest.png

The durability negation via breaking bones is a maybe. What we see now is an unfinished mechanic, we need to see if it's still a thing in the full game. We don't know what causes the bones to break, it could just be something flashy for the death screen.
Issue with that is with how consistent it's implied the characters want BF dead and instead of simply going for a kill, start to sing. That with the addition of HP bars and damaged icons when on low HP, I don't see the issue with it. If it's changed, we can simply remove it afterwards. A bit dumb you'd have to wait because the game isn't finished yet on-going series are fine.

And hypersonic for being scared of lightning? They don't even move or dodge the actual bolt, they hear the sound from outside and get startled for a second.
W o w, I guess no one reads the profiles, isn't that perfect? The reaction is due to her moving body FRAME 1 for when the lightning is shown on-screen, she's being startled by it before the sound of the lightning is even heard.

Once again. Even if we assume he did vaporize them (i don't really see it) he did it in a game. "Vaporizing" data is not the same as vaporizing real matter. All the speculations that he should be able to do the same "IRL" are irrelevant without any actual feats.
This is like we have a feat of some guy vaporizing a block of ice but you calculete vaporization of steel insted, because "he should be able to vaporize steel all the same". But it's even worse.
That's not the argument that's being used and is a horrible false equivalence. If I go ahead and touch anything in the game that the game is meant to represent, say a rock, will I be feeling a rock or pixels? A rock. Under this type of scenario, to EVERYONE in the game, they're all an equalized tier. Say they're all in the real world, will him trying to escape the possessed body not work now because his only showing is with Senpai? No, it doesn't work like that.

does this prove anything regarding spooky month canon, sir pelo gave access to the characters and said he would do anything

Once again, this is a game, not a pocket dimention. You need actual evidence that he can do it IRL.

And how is this false equivalence? You are litteraly saying that the real world matter should react the same way as its in-game data equivalent.

That's not a refute, it'd be a stupid assumption to say he can't do it outside of it, nothing would change. Like I said, this isn't SAO nor Spy Kids 3 where being inside of the game grants abilities, Hating Simulator doesn't. I guess Spirit can't leave BF's body because he didn't do it IRL.

Why wouldn't it, why the **** would it be any different? You're taking huge leaps to say that this wouldn't work like this without anything to say so. You've yet to explain why any ability Spirit does is game-only.

Why exactly does that change my point? That's an awful comparison. In that example they're inside of a pod, whereas BF is literally in the game physically.

Ok, a lot of things;

You realize that during that scene, we quite literally see the explosion come out of Senpai's face?

Not an explosion. We see Spirit (who literally looks like fire) leaving the body.

What do you even think happened to Senpai's body?

We don't know, we don't see. You can't assume it was vaporized, for all we know it's either laying off screen or was erased via data manip.

Spirit has data manip due to being able to manipulate the game world (such as all the changes in the background).

"That could be anything from the girls running away in fear to existance erasure" Ah yes, let's assume that he has existence erasure, yep, totally more logical.

I never said it was, but that's more logical in context than everyone present being specifically vaporized. I meant to illustrate that the "feat" is so vauge it can be anything, really.

Considering how Senpai's body was completely destroyed, as well as the dead trees looking black often due to fire or an explosion, the feat seems clear to me.

Where's your proof the body was completely destroyed? We never see the body completely destroyed, the screen merely fades and we don't see it. It could just be laying off screen or erased via data manip, as said before. Your assuming vaporization with literally no proof besides us not seeing the body. By that logic, Monster has existence erasure due to us not seeing the chair that the parents were sitting on in Week 5, he erased it during the transition. (Obviously I don't actually think this.)

And the trees are dead. They're black, but so is the sky. The school building and pathway is dark blue. The clouds are absent completely. The entire background got a makeover, doesn't mean that an explosion made the trees black. We don't even see any remnants of the explosion, not to mention how BF, GF, and the speakers would be miraculously unharmed.

A bit dumb you'd have to wait because the game isn't finished yet on-going series are fine.

Ongoing series are fine once they have some sort of ending. Deltarune Chapter 1 has a plot and conclusion, thus allowed. FnF doesn't have a conclusion yet. And is it dumb to wait for a mechanic to be completed and/or explained before we jump to durability negation??? The animations aren't even completed yet. For all we know, BF's bones break by themselves.

Issue with that is with how consistent it's implied the characters want BF dead and instead of simply going for a kill, start to sing.

Pico, Daddy Dearest, and Monster are the only ones who want BF dead via canon statements. Girlfriend in the tutorial has the HP bar too, but they're not trying to harm each other. Skid and Pump just want the GF as a Halloween treat. Mommy Must Murder could have murderous intentions, but we don't have any statements to confirm that. Even Spirit doesn't want to kill BF, just possess him.

I'll have to find them, but DD has unused text that show he just wants to sing at first, not fight. Pico also apperently stops the murder attempt once he sees who he's about to kill if the livestreams are anything to go by. Lemme find both of these later.

The reaction is due to her moving body FRAME 1 for when the lightning is shown on-screen, she's being startled by it before the sound of the lightning is even heard.

So the lightning and scared animations are just triggered by the same event. Even so, this would be a huge outlier if legit. Game mechanic for now, nothing more.

Spoilers for anyone who plays Danganronpa:

I find it to be a double standard how Danganronpa 2 takes place within a game, but any feats there are valid because they simulate the pain and such.

And as for Tankman, Captain says;

"Accelerate to 88 miles per hour! But wait, the speedometer is in kilometers, what does that figure out to?"

So I guess just 88 mph, or the kilometer equivalent.

If you have a problem with data being 10-C or whatever do you mean, go make a CRT for the tiering system.

They didn't get any extra powers, they LOST them, said powers being made of matter and being bigger and heavier than sand grains, that's the reason they are sealed inside a cartrige, if spirit could do that in the real world, he would've just destroyed the catriged like any 10-B can do and escape.

every data character with no real world feats or reality equalization reasons, is 10-C, period, headcanon is not getting you anywhere, either show feats or drop it.

Idk about dangarompa but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Not an explosion. We see Spirit (who literally looks like fire) leaving the body.
What? No? How do you think he's leaving the body? By destroying it, why else would there be no remains of Senpai's body then?

We don't know, we don't see. You can't assume it was vaporized, for all we know it's either laying off screen or was erased via data manip.

Spirit has data manip due to being able to manipulate the game world (such as all the changes in the background).
What am I even arguing against? We DO know, the body is quite literally being destroyed before the screen flashes white, we already see it. Saying "oh but it's just off screen or he's using hax" is still a bad argument, where else would the body go? You're in the exact same position as before, the body wouldn't be moved. And saying he has control over the game from changing the background... no? Not sure why a background change to you = manipulating the entire game itself, no idea why he didn't use this to his advantage. We see the explosion come out of his face, we see damage to the background which commonly an explosion would cause, data manipulation is a stupid argument.

I never said it was, but that's more logical in context than everyone present being specifically vaporized. I meant to illustrate that the "feat" is so vauge it can be anything, really.
No, it's not, I've already explained this above several times. I chose vaporization because no body parts, bones, blood, skin, organs, or anything else was left.

Where's your proof the body was completely destroyed? We never see the body completely destroyed, the screen merely fades and we don't see it. It could just be laying off screen or erased via data manip, as said before. Your assuming vaporization with literally no proof besides us not seeing the body. By that logic, Monster has existence erasure due to us not seeing the chair that the parents were sitting on in Week 5, he erased it during the transition. (Obviously I don't actually think this.)

And the trees are dead. They're black, but so is the sky. The school building and pathway is dark blue. The clouds are absent completely. The entire background got a makeover, doesn't mean that an explosion made the trees black. We don't even see any remnants of the explosion, not to mention how BF, GF, and the speakers would be miraculously unharmed.
Y-you answered your own question. I'm arguing the body was destroyed from the fact that prior we see it being damaged, then his eyes and mouth are spitting out would be an explosion if it were on the inside. This is essentially what's happening.

I already have proof due to damage being caused in the backgrounds. To give yet another example of how trees would look if hit were an explosion, here:

Monster's case we already know what's going on, his is a case of everyone leaving due to the audible screams (it would also not make sense for Pico or Daddy Dearest to be dead when he's returning), as well the spooky background is due to him changing their perception. Mall Santa is dead though. So, I'm not using any of your examples for week 5. Try again.

Ah yes, because colors changing means trees are going to be dead with how an explosion works, perfect! Why else would I claim it's a durability feat for BF and GF, they survived it.

Ongoing series are fine once they have some sort of ending. Deltarune Chapter 1 has a plot and conclusion, thus allowed. FnF doesn't have a conclusion yet. And is it dumb to wait for a mechanic to be completed and/or explained before we jump to durability negation??? The animations aren't even completed yet. For all we know, BF's bones break by themselves.
Not exactly the best arguments, but since this derails the main focus, I'll ignore it.

Pico, Daddy Dearest, and Monster are the only ones who want BF dead via canon statements. Girlfriend in the tutorial has the HP bar too, but they're not trying to harm each other. Skid and Pump just want the GF as a Halloween treat. Mommy Must Murder could have murderous intentions, but we don't have any statements to confirm that. Even Spirit doesn't want to kill BF, just possess him.
I wouldn't count the tutorial as something actually happening due to the context of why the first battle starts is due to Daddy Dearest interrupting BF and GF about to get on it. Skid and Pump's case, I don't really see why not? Considering their case is they think GF is made of candy, not sure why this means BF trying to stop it means they won't fight for it. You think they care about murder? Uncle was crushed to death. Mommy Mearest is literally on the side of Daddy Dearest who wants BF dead, unsure where that comes from. Spirit's case, not sure why he'd sing over possessing straight away.

So the lightning and scared animations are just triggered by the same event. Even so, this would be a huge outlier if legit. Game mechanic for now, nothing more.
Cool, that's just proving she can move her body prior to the sound being made. Oh, it's an outlier? Okay, show me the anti-feats. Damn by your logic, Marie blocking an Inkling shot or Rosalina shielding herself anytime Mario is jumping on her is a game mechanic because it triggers in-game as soon as you attempt it.

Ok, a lot of things;

I'll have to find them, but DD has unused text that show he just wants to sing at first, not fight. Pico also apperently stops the murder attempt once he sees who he's about to kill if the livestreams are anything to go by. Lemme find both of these later.

im pretty sure spirits leaving bodies never explode bodies? if that was the case senpai should just drop down and spirit appears, not a big explosion that we clearly see happen during the cutscene

why would he lie down offscreen when he was right in front of us his body should be right there and theres no evidence to support data manipulation

The reason week 5 looks like that on the third song is because monster has confirmed perception manipulation so no that logic doesnt apply

the logically explanation is that the explosion caused the stuff to change and bf and gf tank it, it is literally the cutscene that is shown to us shouldnt we use that instead of an assumption of data manip and EE with no evidence?

Why would boyfriends bones break on their own? his low hp showing a little death icon as hes losing the rap battle against people threatening him supports this

the battles prove why doesnt boyfriend just doesnt get possessed or eaten by monster, also the spooky kids wanted to CAPTURE girlfriend and daddy dearest wants to kill boyfriend but in his fight he doesnt physically battle boyfriend they rap battle. Pico likely spares bf from dying right away from a shot from a gun but the point can still stand. and the mom likely has the same intentions as the dad

Lastly theres no anti feats or contradictions for the last one to make it an outlier

If you have a problem with data being 10-C or whatever do you mean, go make a CRT for the tiering system.
You're still not even understanding my argument to begin with, go back and re-read.

They didn't get any extra powers, they LOST them, said powers being made of matter and being bigger and heavier than sand grains, that's the reason they are sealed inside a cartrige, if spirit could do that in the real world, he would've just destroyed the catriged like any 10-B can do and escape.
I would love for you to prove they "lost" powers. Go on. Do it. That's such a bad point, are you aware of how sealing works? Your ap is irrelevant, otherwise Roshi's sealing proves everyone in DB is 10-C because they can't break a tiny jar or Peach isn't 9-B because she was sealed within a wall.

every data character with no real world feats or reality equalization reasons, is 10-C, period, headcanon is not getting you anywhere, either show feats or drop it.
Once again, actually read what I'm saying before even making an argument, because it's the other way around.

Please guys, refrain from commenting on profiles from other wikis or sources. It isn't relevant to this wiki in the slightest and often more than not attracts unnecessary drama. While I do disagree a lot as well with the shown profiles, that shouldn't have no bearing into this wiki.

Unless I'm misinterpreting and said scaling is being applied, that matter shouldn't concern anyone here.

Please guys, refrain from commenting on profiles from other wikis or sources. It isn't relevant to this wiki in the slightest and often more than not attracts unnecessary drama. While I do disagree a lot as well with the shown profiles, that shouldn't have no bearing into this wiki.

Unless I'm misinterpreting and said scaling is being applied, that matter shouldn't concern anyone here.
Alright.

Understood. I'm remembering that this was brought up with a link to another wiki and that it seemed the scaling wasn't brought up to be applied here. Sorry, my bad.

Maybe the verse sould be called newgrounds here? I mean I don't see the reason why bf deserves a profile but alien hominid does not

Say, did Ninjamuffin mention anything about remaking the game from the ground up? A friend of mine told me that was why Week 7 was taking so long...

I think there's gonna be some changes to the overall game other than just a new week.
Ninjamuffin's fixing that annoying little couple of pixels between the down and up arrows and it seems like Monster is gonna be officially added as a song to week 2.

That sounds cool. The engine really needed a buff, so that's a welcome change.

Besides, I do think a Newgrounds page would be worthwhile. However, I do dislike the idea of scaling people due to crossovers, even if stated as official. Of course, this is based on my reasoning, but it'd be weird to, say, scale Pico to FNF characters and vice-versa, when the set of powers and some facts about the life of the characters are different.

But if you guys feel that'

He has. There is the orignal game, plus a console version that is expanded. Hominid has much more going on for him than several, widely accepted profiles around here.

Back