• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forum move project: Updating versus threads in profile pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody write a list of which members that have finished with their work, and which that are not done yet please?

Just based off of post here:
Done: Colonel_Krukov, Ovy7, Ultima_Reality, Psychomaster35, Shadowbokunohero, Starter_Pack, Duedate8898, Zaratthustra, ThisThingisReallyBroken, DarkGrath, Abstractions, Sir_Ovens, Dargoo_Faust, Mariogoods, YutiAkuto, DontTalkDT, Andytrenom, AKM_sama (Didn't say it, but I also saw them finish)

Not Yet Done: Jvando, Skalt711, Amelia_Lonelyheart

Thank you very much. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Since Yuri has not replied, can you continue with Skalt711's set as well please?

We seem to have encountered a problem with this project.

Basically, Duedate and Zaratthustra discovered that a part of the linked threads outwardly do not seem to work.

However, I checked, and the threads remain in the new forum, but were "partially deleted"/hidden from public view either before the forum migration or due to some glitch.

They are still visible and easy to restore for discussions moderators, administrators, and bureaucrats in the new forum.

See here for example:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Caine_(World_of_Darkness)?diff=prev&oldid=6923785

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3296339

As such, Zaratthustra, Duedate, and everybody else should feature all versus thread links in the usual manner within the character profile pages, and correct the pages that currently link to archive.vn instead.

The problem with hidden threads is rather "easily" solved, but it will require that our volunteers check through and verify that the links to the new forum that they helped to insert ALL work properly, and write down lists of the ones that are hidden from public view and need to be restored instead.

Our discussions moderators and administrators can restore the hidden discussion threads afterwards.

Last edited:
I didn't have any profile that links to "arcjive.vn", all that I edited linked to "vsbattles" just that some were broken/linked to another thread/message wall and I had to correct them while for some I just archived the matches which I posted on Starter Pack's thread.

Big thanks to everybody who are helping out with this.

To explain, Zaratthustra and Duedate tried to fix the problem with links that did not work on their own, by using archive.vn backups instead.

However, this is not necessary. Any discussion moderator, administrator, or bureaucrat should be able to restore the threads so they work again.

@Ovy7

Thank you, but you should preferably link directly to the threads in this forum, so we can restore them more easily.

Last edited:
Shouldn't someone take away my Content Moderator rights since I'm done?

Only Amelia's. However, as I mentioned above, we have encountered a new problem now, and need as many volunteers as possible to help out with checking that the links to this forum work properly, and to list the ones that don't here in this thread.

Only Amelia's. However, as I mentioned above, we have encountered a new problem now, and need as many volunteers as possible to help out with checking that the links to this forum work properly, and to list the ones that don't here in this thread.
Alright ill go through all my edits first and double-check that the links work

I think we should encourage the same users to check all the pages that they edited, to see if all the links work on said pages.

Yes, but they should receive notifications from this thread unless they have unsubscribed.

Otherwise staff members can use the @ command though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back