• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Somewhat stricter upcoming word filter settings

This makes no sense.

"I doubt Google is strict," don't you see the statistics in the screenshot? They removed over 18,000 pages because of it. This is the definition of "strictness." Also, how did you connect Google advertisement with Fandom when Fandom itself does not enable advertisements by default.

We are discussing advertisements here. Any fandom without this system can have any gory or suggestive content or any other content as long as it is not sponsored. You missed the entire point here. Google is strict, and thus we are adhered to the guidelines. There is really no conspiracy or anything.
Yes, Fandom is large enough to run its own far more profitable advertisement system if I have understood correctly, whereas we unfortunately have to make do with the scraps that Google throws at us.

Speaking of filters, can the word "troon" be added to the swear filter, among other anti-identity slurs? Because that's a recently-appeared transphobic slur from what I've witnessed and it's only fair to add discriminatory words to the filter.

I purposely inline-spoilered the word to avoid offense despite wanting it filtered.
I am not familiar with that term, but if it genuinely is highly derogatory hate-speech, I can probably add it to our filter after our forum system manager has managed to get it functioning properly again.

I am not familiar with that term, but if it genuinely is highly derogatory hate-speech, I can probably add it to our filter after our forum system manager has managed to get it functioning properly again.
It seems like a legitimate slur, but I am unfamiliar with how extreme it is. Anyway, this is not the right place to discuss the issue.

That's the problem, I doubt Google would be this strict in the first place to begin with. The problem lies elsewhere, because FANDOM runs wikis significantly more profane, gory, suggestive and heavily unsuited for people under 18 years of age.
You mean, the same platform that has done these wouldn't be above this kind of censorship? Even if Ant hadn't presented us with actual data showing the info, I still would've believed it. Come on now.

Ya ^^ Google censorship is actually rigorous regarding this, and it is known for this characteristic.

Isn't Google's primary focus on adult-oriented content when it comes to stuff like this tho?

That's a phrase in the YT and Discord powerscaling communities about as common as "Goku solos" 💀
It's not about whether or not it's popular and the mods like it, it's just that fandom has very strict and dictat- I mean fair and lenient rules about what we can say in the communities it hosts/funds.
If it weren't for that we could probably say k y$ and maybe even certain soft slurs if they're not used in a derogatory sense.

It's not about whether or not it's popular and the mods like it, it's just that fandom has very strict and dictat- I mean fair and lenient rules about what we can say in the communities it hosts/funds.
If it weren't for that we could probably say k y$ and maybe even certain soft slurs if they're not used in a derogatory sense.
I was joking.

So Google is responsible? Regardless this a token gesture (at best) there are several ways to bypass the censorship filter as demonstrated above (and that's just using English), honestly this all seems pointless and contrived plus I've seen way worst stuff here than the occasional swear e.g most of the RVR but I understand it's out of our hands.

So Google is responsible? Regardless this a token gesture (at best) there are several ways to bypass the censorship filter as demonstrated above (and that's just using English), honestly this all seems pointless and contrived plus I've seen way worst stuff here than the occasional swear e.g most of the RVR but I understand it's out of our hands.
It should be fine to bypass it, as long as those methods of bypassing don't upset Google.

But given what I know about Google's ad policies in other areas, they are fine with euphemisms and the like.

Google seems to ultimately be responsible, and we have likely finally found the reason for why we have earned so limited advertisement money in the past, or so I hope.

I do not think so. Our community has the right to rage at us after our new word filter settings have been applied, which I think they have now. Our forum system administrator added all of the vulgar words that messed things up for our advertisements yesterday.

I see, I'd personally don't mind but I can completely understand why the majority of users would riot over this ridiculous absurd policy enacted by Google.

Could you keep us updated on the result of this test? Has it actually improved our rankings in Google, or the amount of pages that qualify for advertisements?

Our system administrator told me that the list that he showed us a screencapture of above only registers a few straggling results currently, and that it is just because Google hasn't quite properly updated its data yet, as he already censored the terms that they object to there.

However, it will take time until we start to see any impact in our advertisement revenue, especially as our system administrator is beginning to estructure our advertisements again, due to all of the problems that our members have reported in that regard.

It seems to be a system error of some sort. 4-letter words are supposed to be replaced by four asterixes, and five-letter words by five asterixes, for example.

I got a question. Would this affect us saying the name of certain characters like these 2?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/*******

Edit: Seems so. I can't even post the profile link to the first character.

This is who I was talking about. (One in blue text)
image.png

Well, I don't like it either, but we need to get more advertisement money to keep this place running.

Back