• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forum move project: Updating versus threads in profile pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
We preferably need 3 more content mods or admins (so that they can handle locked pages that other members aren't able to) and I think we can ask NoGround to give them bot status after that.

Just an important note that NoGround just told me that he is out of paid work hours for this week, but will come back on Monday.

We'll just have to start without him.

I have asked him if he can make an exception regarding the Bot rights.

I would also like to volunteer to help.
Thank you for the help.

However, I am not overly familiar with your editing competence either, so I have to repeat the same question that I asked MistaClean earlier: Are you certain that you can do this work properly, if you make an effort?

Anyway, AKM sama and I have talked and decided that we might have to start without NoGround.

In that case, we will give temporary content moderator rights to all staff and especially trusted regular members who need it, and rollback rights to the ones that we are not quite certain about yet.

The second category will need to write down lists of the pages that are locked and they are unable to edit because of this, so others can handle them afterwards.

Yeah, in fact, I was the one who got rid of all the links to the super saiyan pages back when it got deleted in the summer.

You will have to go through the following contributions of AKMdroid. If you find any page whose links are already corrected by someone, you just got lucky. If you find some page where the bot somehow did not manage to update any of the links, please update them accordingly. All instructions are given in the first post of this thread.

If you find a page that is locked and you can't edit, just note them down and post them on the message walls of the admin or content mod whose name is written above yours in the following list.

@Abstractions - From Zygrade to Sonic Boom

@Sir_Ovens - From Son Goku (Xeno) to Senku Ishigami

@Andytrenom - From Senator Armstrong to Ruti Lugnason

@Zaratthustra - From Rusalka Schwagerin to Queen Chrysalis

@Starter_Pack - From Quan Chi to Officio Assassinorum

@Colonel_Krukov - From Oersted to Morphling

@Ultima_Reality - From Mori Jin to Master Hand

@Ovy7 - From Master Chief to Lolz (Charlie The Unicorn)

@Jvando - From Loki (Marvel Cinematic Universe) to Kiryu Eva-01

@DarkGrath - From Kiritsugu Emiya to Jones

@Skalt711 - From Jonathan Joestar to Illuso

@Mariogoods - From Ikki Kurogane to Gururumon

@Shadowbokunohero - From Gurren Lagann to General Grievous

@ThisThingisReallyBroken - From General Blue to Eric Cartman

@DontTalkDT - From Eragon to Disembodied Thought

@YuriAkuto - From Discord (IDW) to Crash Bandicoot (Character)

@Amelia_Lonelyheart - From Cozy Glow to Captain America (Avengers Assemble)

@Duedate8898 - From Captain America (1990 Movie) to Bender

@Dargoo_Faust - From Ben Tennyson (Original) to Ares (God of War)

@Psychomaster35 - From Arcueid Brunestud to Aelin Galathynius

@AKM sama - From Aegislash to 1st Prize

Here are the temporary extra editing rights that I and AKM sama agreed about:

Content Moderator rights:

Sir Ovens

Zaratthustra

Colonel Krukov

Ovy7

DarkGrath

YuriAkuto

Rollback rights:

Mariogoods

ThisThingisReallyBroken

Duedate8898

Psychomaster35

Last edited:
Some profiles seem to have "%7C" in their links at the end of them, I guess this is how the bot wrote the "|" symbol, right? (cause deleting that bit and replacing it with a <space> doesn't affect the link at all).

It seems best to remove those signs, yes, but please wait for a reply from AKM sama as well.

Can you give me an example of the page you're talking about.

I checked, and I think that you should all replace the "%7C" signs at the end with a space, yes.

Just wanted to say that the only fight for Bibleman wasn't moved over to this forum. What should I do about this?

I checked, and I think that you should all replace the "%7C" signs at the end with a space, yes.
Just an update that I am not facing any such issue. Abstractions had edited around 300 pages and Starter Pack had edited a few dozen earlier and they didn't tell me about this issue either. I think this might be related to the browser or device you are working with, but if it happens, just follow Ant's instructions.

Attachments

• 1601757442286.png
    1601757442286.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 5
@ThisThingisReallyBroken

It is just an admin-locked profile. Please write down all of the pages that you are unable to edit in a list, so others can handle it instead.

I've completed my assignment.

Edit:

I think this might be related to the browser or device you are working with, but if it happens, just follow Ant's instructions.
Weird how Chrome only translates that bit while everywhere | remains the same...

AKM said:
If you find a page that is locked and you can't edit, just note them down and post them on the message walls of the admin or content mod whose name is written above yours in the following list.

@AKM sama That list of who can/can't edit locked pages seems wrong. I can edit locked pages and I'm pretty sure the other staff members can as well.

Here are the temporary extra editing rights that I and AKM sama agreed about:

Content Moderator rights:

Sir Ovens

Zaratthustra

Colonel Krukov

Ovy7

DarkGrath

YuriAkuto

Rollback rights:

Mariogoods

ThisThingisReallyBroken

Duedate8898