• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Looks like the remake will recton Sephy killing Cloud's mother off screen into Sephy killing her in front of Cloud. Makese sense since remake Cloud issues appears to be much more severe than original Cloud.

Speaking of nephilim, I hope the remake expand more on Tifa's prospective and after effect from that accident. I feel like the origial game kinda negealted Tifa's feelings and effect on the matter in favor of the story tearing Cloud to shred mentally over the this subplot.

Tifa's whole charater was lackluster in the final third of the game tbh. She get reduced to Cloud's babysiter and the moment Cloud falls into coma she stop functioning at all.

"Tifa's whole charater was lackluster in the final third of the game tbh. She get reduced to Cloud's babysiter and the moment Cloud falls into coma she stop functioning at all."

I disagree with this. But not in the mood to argue over it.

Changing topics, I hope Sephiroth is the hardest (super)boss in the game, as he should be, and he is given a special arrangement for the superboss fight (being the boss fight the usual story-mode fight).

You are talking many years into the future my dude.

There is many solo bosses in this game from the look of it though, maybe we get 1 on 1 with Sephy.

They ca add a sephiroth superboss fight to the current remake. Non canon and all, optional, etc.

Dunno, maybe if it reaches the Nibelheim flashback and ends with Cloud's supposed fight with Sephy, a boss rush mode of sorts can allow the player to fight flashback-Sephiroth in a real battle, with the twist that he's as overpowered as Cloud believes him to be.

TartaChocholate said:
Dunno, maybe if it reaches the Nibelheim flashback and ends with Cloud's supposed fight with Sephy, a boss rush mode of sorts can allow the player to fight flashback-Sephiroth in a real battle, with the twist that he's as overpowered as Cloud believes him to be.
Wouldn't that make him unbeatable? Cloud even with his fake memories, didn't think he stand any chance in hell agains Sephy.

As far back as Advent Children the developers decided Sephy would get all sorts of nonsense to remain the top dog of the VII verse, so nothing new there =P

In-story it gets interrupted or cut short, like the original emphazising Cloud's faulty memory, but the bonus fight can be won since it would be a gameplay only bonus round.

And it becomes CC 2.0: electric bogaloo. After defeating Sephy he proceeds to stomp everyone before being thrown into the core.

OHBOIOHBOIOHBOI!

Apparently some retail copies will be shipping early, so I'd be careful with Youtube and such, where some love to put stuff like "FFVII REMAKE - FINAL BOSS *Insert name* FULL BATTLE" with a detailed shot in the thumbnail >_>;

Minor Spoiler: There's a lot of One on One boss battles and you spend like half of the game playing solo as Cloud.

You fight Roche like 3 time at least.

Clouds kicks the turks ass hard but they still mocks him for claiming to be first class.

Jessei is extra Thirsty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, Roche was talking about their "second dance" in the theme song trailer and given it was in the middle of a big fight it was unlikely their last time wouldn't be in private to guarantee a third one.

Given Reno's newfound snark post original game, there's no way he wouldn't take potshots at Cloud for that one, tbh.

Oh yeah, it became pretty clear in the Demon alone.

T╠Âi╠Âf╠Âa╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âs╠Âl╠Âa╠Âp╠ ╠Âf╠Âi╠Âg╠Âh╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠ÂJ╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Âi╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠Ât╠Âe╠Âa╠Âd╠Â

A bit more: You have multiple choices for Cloud/Tifa/Aerith Dresses during the wall market event not just one.

Cloud is extra Jerk in this one so you may have to put up with his bullshit a little at times, he can't compete with Aerith tho so he's like a puppey when's she's around.

There's A LOT of hallucination and foreshadowing for future events.

Clouds' mental issues are far worse in this one.

Those "Watchers of Fate" are literally 4th wall breaking addition.

I won't speak cuz of spoilers but A LOT of old fans will hate those guys and their affect on the plot.

Okay, I've heard some more informationthat's backed up by Gifs and verifies what you said.

HUGE SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO READS THIS, AND DISCLAIMER THAT IT MAY NOT ALL BE ACCURATE.

https://pastebin.com/DKUTxfB9

I personally am super into this but I know a lot of people won't be

So... Kyrie appears in the Remake. I am not happy about that. I mean, I know the "Turks Are Alright" novel was always canon, but sitting through that pain conga was enough and I am not keen in listening to Kyrie's teenage love life issues with Evan again or Evan's insecurities and depreciation in the main game. Really hope putting her out of the spotlight and not having a narrator will make her more palatable.

EDIT: Pass on new info actually. >_>; I have somehow managed to avoid most spoilers since until now and I really want to play the game as uninformed as possible. So gonna wait until I properly get the game.

@TartaChocholate Who the hell is Kyrie?

I am not found of spoilers either and I would have avoided everything if I had a PS4 and could play it at launch, but since I don't own a PS4, it's all the same ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

@ZephyrosOmega Told you I wasn't trolling lol. Old fans will dislike the chnages but personally I am pretty hyped for what coming next because we don't know what might happen anymore.

And here is the final nail in the coffin for you to belive: https://imgur.com/a/mAY88hX

^BIG SPOILERS

Back