• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TartaChocholate said:
@Hst master: Sounds great. Though, for the Ribbon each FF would have slightly different functions due to working against different Status Effects, right?
@Bware1: What do you need to do? I have some basic ones, so perhaps I can help.
Well due to the Final Fantasy verse getting major re-works I thought it would nice to replace the in-game Dissidia Models for the protaganists with the CGI full body renders to make our boys and girls look as goregous as ever. Currently there exists full body CGI renders for all protaganists (Villians are soon to follow because there are CGI renders of there faces just no full body shots) but Noctis is the only one without the purple background unlike the picture I posted for Squall. Though the background here is not transparent. Also Cloud and Lightning are in their Advent Children and Savior outfits. On a seperate note can we get a quote change for Noctis? The quote for pre-timeskip Noctis is from Versus XIII and that's not who Noctis is anymore. As far as I'm concerned. Versus XIII Noctis is a different character. He should have a quote from Final Fantasy XV.

DFFNT Noctis CG Render2

Yes, for example FFIX's iteration doesn't give status effect resistances, but halves Elememtal Damage and Absorbs Water and Wind.

So, I was wondering: how does the Absolute Zero revision affect Final Fantasy now? To be honest, I knew about it when making the Shiva CRT so I figured that stuff like having a Durability Negating Sword via Elemental Attacks and such was no longer possible, but... Does Shiva still manage to have Durability Negation via her continous cold or she loses it? Defense wise, does this mean those who can resist Shiva's AZ can resist AZ from characters who have AZ who explicitely negates durability?

@Bware: Tomorrow I'll have access to Photoshop and Illustrator. I'll try to remove the background for Noct, but my skills are pretty basic so I can't really assure you I can get it done. Sorry -_-;

Hst master said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
FF1 is very heavily implied to be a direct sequel to Dissidia yes.
Then I'll go through Dissidia for abilities and make a crt for them. Along with resistances for an eventual Ribbon CRT although that might take longer.
Do you happen to know any good quotes for the young version of Noctis. The one he has now is from Versus XIII and that's not who Noctis is anymore.

TartaChocholate said:
So, I was wondering: how does the Absolute Zero revision affect Final Fantasy now? To be honest, I knew about it when making the Shiva CRT so I figured that stuff like having a Durability Negating Sword via Elemental Attacks and such was no longer possible, but... Does Shiva still manage to have Durability Negation via her continous cold or she loses it? Defense wise, does this mean those who can resist Shiva's AZ can resist AZ from characters who have AZ who explicitely negates durability?
@Bware: Tomorrow I'll have access to Photoshop and Illustrator. I'll try to remove the background for Noct, but my skills are pretty basic so I can't really assure you I can get it done. Sorry -_-;
No worries. Thanks for trying. I'll also do a free trial on photo shop to learn and help with this. Also I meant for all the protaganists. Not just Noctis. Here are pics for everyone's much better looking CGI render. Already posted Noctis's and Squall's.

DFFNT Warrior of Light PSN Render
Warrior of Light

DFFNT Firion Render2
Firio

DFFNT Onion Knight PSN Render
Onion Knight

DFFNT Cecil Harvey PSN Render
Cecil Harvey (Paladin)

DFFNT Bartz Render2
Bartz

DFFNT Terra PSN Render
Terra Brandford

DFFNT Cloud PSN Render
Cloud Strife (Advent Children)

DFFNT Zidane Render2
Zidane Tribal

DFFNT Tidus Render2
Tidus

DFFNT Shantotto PSN Render
Shantotto

DFFNT Vaan PSN Render
Vaa

DFFNT Lightning pSN Render
Lightning (Lightning Returns)

Y'shtola Rhul PSN Render
Yshtola (For when her profile gets made)

Agreed. Hopefully we can get these purple backgrounds removed so we can put them for their profile pics. Gotta dress to impress or in this case. Kick butts on this site and look good while doing it.

TartaChocholate said:
Ask FF XV's Ifrit if Shiva didnt freeze him to AZ.

Fair point. I remember and do think Shiva's AZ works as well as before, though I just want to make sure if the new parameters didn't change the context for us, given the CRT for Shiva was accepted while the revision for AZ was undergoing but before it was resolved.

Well, frig. Not even 5 days after making a youtube account to upload footage for the profiles, all of them unlisted, and already got a copyright claim.

A band called Powerglove has a remix of the FFVII Boss Theme, and is touchy about it's use. Issue is: I didn't use their remix, it's just the in-game music and the original track by Uematsu, so I don't know what their bots/algorithm/evil spirts are complaining about. Can you even claim copyright on a remix of a song?

While the song itself is subject to copyright by the original creator, any fanworks, interestingly enough, is subject to copyright by the creators themselves. So, technically, if you used a song remix without permission, the creators of the remix have every right to take it down.

It's interesting, because The Game Theorists literally did a video on this very topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_mZ-8PdvmM

I see, now that you mention it... I've seen it before. However, I didn't use their remix of the song, it's just the original by Nobuo Uematsu because it was the in-game sound. I guess the copyright came because this is the only vid where I have an entire boss fight recorded, thus almost the entire song can be heard, but still. I used the "refute" option for the claim, mentioning the confusion and the actual issue, but given the poor reputation of Youtube's system, perhaps it was a foolish choice.

Just edit the vid a bit to bypass copyright regulations.

Also fair usage.

Perhaps I'll do that to make it simple. Just to be sure, even if with the "Refutal" (or whatever is called in English. My bad, my Youtube is in spanish >_>) and all Youtube estimates I am talking out of my bottom and dismisses it, the worst that can happen is the channel getting shut down, right? Sorry, this is the first time in my life I've even made a channel so all of this is completely new to me.

@Starter: Thanks for the vid, BTW. It helped to get a bit of a grasp on the issue, especially considering my complete ignorance on the matter.

Soooo... anything up? This place really died down in just little more than a week.

Even if there's nothing VS wise, any stories or FF related stuff wanna share?

Not sure. The Final Fantasy 7 remake will be glorius. For one, great game, for two, we have new renders for the profiles. Just imagine the Safer Sephiroth model dude.

That's actually a thing I'm scared/curious about. Since Bizarro/Safer Sephiroth might not transition that well on newer graphics, I'm wondering whether they'll change the models.

Well, IMHO if there's one thing that Squeenix always absolutely nails is the visual presentation. I have faith they can handle Safer Sephiroth and other designs well enough with the new graphics, or adapt them for them to work out.

TartaChocholate said:
Soooo... anything up? This place really died down in just little more than a week.

Even if there's nothing VS wise, any stories or FF related stuff wanna share?
I wanna ask everyone who's the "hardest" boss that is not really hard but that you had trouble defeating during a first run.

For me it was my boi Salamander in FF3. That dood wrecked the hell out of my team time and time again.

TartaChocholate said:
Well, IMHO if there's one thing that Squeenix always absolutely nails is the visual presentation. I have faith they can handle Safer Sephiroth and other designs well enough with the new graphics, or adapt them for them to work out.
Cross-dressing Cloud, though. CROSS DRESSING CLOUD.

Miss Cloud-ia will probably keep his 97 desing for tradition's sake, but for with some extra detail to it. They already confirmed it and all that, thing is is how much they could add this time around.

I wonder what rating the game will have thinking about all this. When you think about it with much more detailed graphics and change of sensibilities a lot of stuff wouldn't fly with the T rating anymore.

@Pachi: Fortunately, my big brothers played the games along with me when I was a kid, so I just copied their strategies to beat bosses. When I tried to fight on my own today I got my bottom destroyed a couple of times by the likes of Proto Babil and such >_>

Honestly, quite a few people think that an M rating would be the best course of action given some stuff the original touched: some pretty adult humor, Wall Market, Barret and Cid's crude language, some very disturbing monster designs (Jenova, Helletic Hojo, Ying Yang, and whenever Jenova's experiments came up), the Sephiroth Clones, the bloody killing spree in Shinra HQ. It would also allow them to go crazy with the surreal scenes and psychological horror moments that were downplayed by the cartoony looks of 97 and dated graphics, and take full advantege of the detailed new looks. And how it's best to save as much as possible isntead of toning down anything.

It may not be as crazy as it sounds. Type 0 was an M game so who knows. Then again, sales are what dictates the procedure.

Well, summons do have different keys for their different appearances through the series and their varying power in each of them. You could bring up this about Leviathan in CRT regarding his appearance in FFV.

Not all Leviathans are the same character; different FF Universes have their own versions of him with some being much stronger than others. Although, I don't doubt that the FFV version is quite strong.

Yup, that's why we got a group of people revising them step by step. Tarta has done a good job with FF7 and BlackCurrent also did good for the FF8 revisions. FF1 are half done; mid tiers are taken care of, but God Tiers still need more Dissidia lore info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back