• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. I know the secret cheat to beat the final boss of FFX. owo

Trust me, it was so broken that by the time it was your opponents turn the spell is off cd. The enemy would attack maybe once every three times you would.

I agree, Haste is pretty busted. Playing your cards right in FFX your time was essentially playing solitaire. Tidus got the spell rather early IIRC, didn't he?

In other games is slightly less crazy, but still ridiculously good.

Yeah it was Tidus's. If I'm not mistaken he was kinda useless, but that spell made up for it.

Yeah... I don't recall very, well given I played FFX at release time, but I think Tidus's speed made him crazy good later on. The guy could essentially fight alone thanks to Haste and Quick Hit, and his Attack wasn't so terrible, needing only a bit of further investment to deal pretty good damage.

It's been a long time since I've played it, but I remember the only reason I wanted him around was just Haste.

Hmmm... Crisis Core, so many mixed feelings about that game, yet what was enjoyable was absolutely wonderful.

I recall that video, loved it.

Crisis Core is one of my favorite games and my favorite final fantasy

Also is Chaos really just not haxed at all he has almost nothing on his profile

Paul Frank said:
Crisis Core is one of my favorite games and my favorite final fantasy

Also is Chaos really just not haxed at all he has almost nothing on his profile
Sadly, yes. The guy doesnt have much going for him. Specially when he is separated from his Feral and his FFI selves or... Alternativr selves or... Whatever.

Well this is interesting because the main characters from brave exvius can do this when they want, also summoning characters from xenogears, secret of mana, valkyrie profile, bravely default(including agnes oblige), Octopath Traveller, lara croft, Just Cause 3, etc

this is from the wiki

Visions (ÒâôÒé©ÒâºÒâ│, Bijo?) are the physical manifestations of memories and emotions stored within the crystals of Lapis, the setting of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Described as the "hopes and dreams of legendary warriors given life", visions are bound to their crystals and can only be summoned by those with the "power of visions" (ÒâôÒé©ÒâºÒâ│Òü«Õèø, Bijon no Chikara?), an ability held by the game's main characters Rai and Lasswell.

As a general rule, a vision is created when a person's memories is collected inside a crystal upon his/her death. Death is, however, not essential to the process; intense emotions (such as Charlotte's worry over her comrades, or Lawrence's admiration) may crystallize and generate visions while the owners continue living. Furthermore, the possibility of becoming a vision is not limited to the inhabitants of Lapis alone; memories may originate on distant worlds—namely, those depicted throughout the Final Fantasy series.

Visions trascend the boundaries of time and space to manifest in the world of Lapis, as seen in the Arena, as crystals of Lapis not only contain memories from other worlds, but also memories of other timelines.

Dancing Mad and Kefka's theme. Not bad.

Though I like The World's Enemy more (if we talk about final bosses even though Im fully aware Sephiroth isnt technically the final boss in CC).

Sigh, there are so many good themes in the saga... its very difficult for to pick just one.

PaChi2 said:
Dancing Mad and Kefka's theme. Not bad.
Though I like The World's Enemy more (if we talk about final bosses even though Im fully aware Sephiroth isnt technically the final boss in CC).

Sigh, there are so many good themes in the saga... its very difficult for to pick just one.
I love One Winged Angel and its variants as well, especially the Advent Children one. But I guess Dancing Mad does it for me by mixing up the majesty of Kefka's newfound godhood and then the last part kicks in with a remix of Kefka's theme, just to tell yeah even in godhoof he's still the same madman.

Gaius also has some pretty kickass themes.

Wish I could speak for XV, but still gotta play it, been beating around the bush for a while, but kinda have some stuff in line first >_>

PaChi2 said:
That moment when you read that Aerith's and Zack's japanese voice actors are married. Omg.
They are? That's convenient.

Also I was thinking about playing Type-0 or X/X-2 after I finish Duodecim

I havent played Type-0 yet. I own it, tho.

Totally recomend playing X/X-2.

PaChi2 said:
That moment when you read that Aerith's and Zack's japanese voice actors are married. Omg.
Also, amusingly, Kenichi Suzumura (Zack) and Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud) are BFFs in real life as well, they even host shows together.

I think we can get Low godly regen or Mid godly regen for Zeromus.

You mean the whole "As long as there's darkness in the heart of men" speech he gives? Could work. But better to ask if it's valid or not, I mean, we probably need evidence his speech wasn't just gloating. Perhaps in the backstory he used or something similar.

He is still alive in The After Years. So it was likely no gloating.

Ah right, Zeromus' Malice right? Had forgotten about him. It would be a good idea to bring it up and wait for input, but sound plausible to me.

EDIT: I was wondering, why Flare is considered Matter Manipulation? This is out of geniune ignorance BTW

Flare is stated to make a nuclear explosion by colliding atoms. Just that.

Its a recurring thing

"Sets off a fusion reaction to damage foes." - FF II

"Black magick that converts energy into heat, scorching the battlefield with searing temperatures." - FF Tactics

Its mostly based on making extremely high temperatures and causing explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back