• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fictional vs Historical: The Hawaii Holy Grail War (Redux) (Registration)

Bro I'm legit sort of pissed as I thought FGO hadn't gotten to Odysseus yet lol. Then they went ahead and made my man a literal MACHINE DEITY OR SOME SHIT BRUH.

Odysseus's ranks are... interesting to say the least. Lol.

Strength:​

Endurance:​

Agility:​

C
A+
D

Mana:​

Luck:​

NP:​

B+
EX
B

Hey can I have an EX in MP for Ainz pretty please? Lol
Mana generally mean how powerful/special the magic you have is, rather than how many mana you have lol (that stat is ******* confusing, since in the first place how many mana a servant can access depend on the Master), so you don't need it to be EX to do damage.

Mana generally mean how powerful/special the magic you have is, rather than how many mana you have lol (that stat is ******* confusing, since in the first place how many mana a servant can access depend on the Master), so you don't need it to be EX to do damage.
I know that lol, it's just Ainz already has a nutty magic system in the first place, and considering where Ainz stands magically in Overlord it could actually make sense in-context. Much as I hate to admit it now that I think about it, that joke actually has merit in reality.

Historic figures I would play?

Rider or Berserker (Ivar The Boneless), Rider (manfred von richthofen), Saber (Donald McBane), Rider (Admiral Yi), Archer (Jack Churchill), Archer (Andrew Jackson), Lancer (Shaka Zulu)

I mean, if you want, historical servants could serve as antagonists that you play and each conflict can be separated by an arc if you don't want to wait :/
Also just gonna comment on this, Ainz Ooal Gown is literally a villain. That's like, indisputable. He may have been closer to a genuinely good person at the beginning, but since then he's long since lost his humanity and has committed various evil acts without remorse of course.

Plus you'd have to pull some pretty evil people from history to do so lol

It was just a suggestion lol.

But just gonna ask, why exactly would this matter? It isn't as if he's going to go around massacring a bunch of people for absolutely no reason. The guy may be evil, but I know he doesn't do shit without reason. Lest my meager anime knowledge fails me.

Also just gonna comment on this, Ainz Ooal Gown is literally a villain. That's like, indisputable. He may have been closer to a genuinely good person at the beginning, but since then he's long since lost his humanity and has committed various evil acts without remorse of course.

Or just antagonist. There is a lot of people in history who's fine serving their master on either side, or is just neutral aligned

Considering he literally ordered the entire population of the Re Estes Kingdom to be tortured without death and the literal only few humans he actually gave a shit about in any emotional regard were the Blades of Darkness and Gazef? Yeah, I dunno chief
Or just antagonist. There is a lot of people in history who's fine serving their master on either side, or is just neutral aligned
That's also true lol

Considering he literally ordered the entire population of the Re Estes Kingdom to be tortured without death and the literal only few humans he actually gave a shit about in any emotional regard were the Blades of Darkness and Gazef? Yeah, I dunno chief
I have 0 context on that so I can't really say anything my dude lol.

Uhh... I mean, not really.

Ainz is evil in the conetext of Overlord; however, him being from a more modern world, there's no chance he'd go around doing what he did in that fantasy world in this world. He wouldn't even have a reason to, tbh.
Even in that context Ainz doesn't just kill people for the sake of evil or pleasure or anything, he always has a greater objective behind it... well Demiurge has the greater objective... but tdm. It's just that Ainz has lost any sort of strong empathetic or sympathetic emotions, so he can do thing that benefit himself but greatly disadvantage others without thinking twice.

And for the second one; morality, especially when talking about historical figures, is completely subjective in that what is now common sense and considered amoral wasn't even as recent as 100 years ago.

Like; by modern standards, even the most prominent abolitionists of the American Civil War were raging racists and bigots who would be publicly shamed as politicians in todays day-in-age.

Last edited:
Uhh... I mean, not really.

Ainz is evil in the conetext of Overlord; however, him being from a more modern world, there's no chance he'd go around doing what he did in that fantasy world in this world. He wouldn't even have a reason to, tbh.
if he was the skeleton lich we know, he'd degrade into it decently quickly if he's summoned with Nazarick in tow, without it he's more of a neutral character as shown in the time he was summoned entirely on his own, like you said, he'd not really have a reason to without Nazarick around.

Which is to say when Nazarick popped in 200 years later is around when that side "What if"' story ends, so we don't know if he eventually became evil or not.

Lancer (Shaka Zulu)

STR: A+ (6 points)

AGL: B (4 points)

END: A (5 points)

MAG: E- (0 point)

LCK: B (4 points)

King Shaka Zulu by Dkundzinsh on DeviantArt

Apologies that it took so long to get this done even though I was on the thread since the start. Work has been busy since we are moving from Halloween to Christmas and shelves sadly don’t stock themselves. 😔

Time for people to jump this.
True Name: Ghost Rider, Johnathan “Johnny” Blaze, Zarathos

Also known as: The Rider, Spirit of Vengeance, Spirit of Justice

Class: Ghost Rider

Parameters
Str: A++ (0 points/Demon of Mutation)
End: A++ (0 points/Demon of Mutation)
Agi: A (5 points)
Mana: A+ (6 points)
Luck: A+++ (8 points)[1]
Noble Phantasm: A++

This^. This is why I asked Andy, cuz Demon of Mutation is BS

Class Skills
Magic Resistance (C): Ghost Rider has fought a number of Divine Spirits and Fallen Angels, and was able to resist the power of decay granted by Mephistopheles. [2]
Riding (D~A): Though Johnny Blaze was only ever able to ride motorcycles, as the Ghost Rider he is able to perfectly ride any non Phantasmal Beast. [3]

Personal Skills
Battle Continuation (A+): Because of his skeletal nature and Mephistopheles refusing to let him die, what would normally be a decisive fatal wound for most beings is merely cosmetic damage for Ghost Rider. Even having his skull caved in does not stop this punisher’s advance on the guilty. [4]

Demonic Mutation (B): A Skill based on the anecdote of Zarathos being tortured at the hands of Mephisto and becoming a Fallen Angel, while his own power was greatly weakened as a result of this perversion to his soul and psyche, it still grants his host STR and END beyond anything a mortal body is capable of, enough to contend with Divine Spirits such as Blackheart and his Hidden. [5]

Mana Burst (Hellfire) (E~A): A version of Mana Burst that infuses weapons with Magical Energy that imparts a flame effect. For the Ghost Rider, blazing magical energy floods the weapon used and wraps it in the fires of hell. This Skill is constantly active on Ghost Rider and his mount, extending to any weapons in his grasp as he sees fit. The heat generated by his flames allows him to even walk or ride on water.

Noble Phantasms
Zarathos: The Spirit of Vengeance [6]
  • Type: Anti-Unit (self)
  • Range: -
  • Maximum number of targets: 1
The source of all of the Rider’s other Noble Phantasms and Skills, it is the Fallen Angel Zarathos who was bonded to Johnny’s soul by the devil, Mephistopheles. A continuously active type Noble Phantasm, Ghost Rider is able to temporarily seal it away and turn back into Johnny Blaze to move around undetected as an ordinary human.

Penance Stare: Soul Stained by the Blood of the Innocent
  • Type: Anti-Soul
  • Range: 1
  • Number of targets: 1-1000
The Ghost Rider’s most powerful, yet also his weakest, Noble Phantasm. After his fall at the hands of Mephistopheles, he became a punisher of the guilty as opposed to a protector of the innocent, something that manifested itself in the form of burning the souls of the guilty. The effectiveness of the Penance Stare is directly proportional to the sins committed by the target against innocents so long as they possess a soul.

Hell Cycle: Highway to Hell [7]
  • Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army
  • Range: 1
  • Maximum number of targets: 2
The Noble Phantasm that gives Ghost Rider his name, it is the ability to imbue any mount or vehicle he drives with his Hellfire, transforming it into a burning, skeletal version. This extends to anything he views as transport such as horses, motorbikes, cars, trucks and even an excavator.

While whatever mount Ghost Rider uses is greatly enhanced, they are not equal in strength. Due to the extremely limited availability of powerful mounts, Ghost Rider is unable to make proper use of the full power of this Noble Phantasm.

[1] Ghost Rider’s Luck only applies to things that would kill him as Mephistopheles refuses to let him die. Johnny’s had a pretty shit life besides walking off shit that should kill him so I think it only applying to defying death is valid.
[2] I reduced the rank of his Magic Resistance because Nick Cage Ghost Rider never actually has to deal with magic attacks besides Blackout’s decay which doesn’t really work on him.
[3] Buffed his Riding Skill with the rank I took from his MR since he would be able to take control of and use any vehicle he gets a hold of besides Phantasmal Beasts since he never actually used any for his mount and has only shown to be able to use.
[4] Blackheart is the son of Mephistopheles so he should qualify as a Divine Spirit while the Hidden are also fallen angels and I had no idea what to actually classify them as so I just lumped them in with that term. If anyone knows what classification they actually have, please tell me.
[5] The page mentions that he got his had smashed in, I don’t recall which fight this happened in but eh, this shit is meant to based on the profiles so yeah.
[6] Basically Powerless Shell but with some fluff added to it. Rank is only cuz super powerful angel gives him powers.
[7] The rank here doesn’t represent the actual power of his mount/charge with it. I based it on Bellerophon’s (the Bridle) ability to bring forth and enhance the power of whatever it’s used on. Ghost Rider won’t be pulling any Via Expugnatio or Pegasus type charges on people.

Interesting, funny thing, looking further into it the amount of suffering that Ainz has caused to innocents is actually negligible, he's certainly evil but he's a contained evil, the E-Rantel incident was because literally everyone of the city was guilty in some way, Corruption and all of that, now granted only Gazef wasn't guilty in some way, so it'd effect Ainz a bit, but generally everyone in Overlord is guilty of something with few exceptions.

One weakness of penace stare that has been noted that if the character in question believes what they did was right(like Punisher in the times he was unaffected or Thanos) the penance stare has no effect. If we were to apply this to Ainz the only kill he actually feels much of anything over are on Shalltear, who's evil, and Gazef Stronoff, who really wasn't. But frankly we shouldn't use that because for crying out loud most evil servants don't regret a damn thing that wasn't connected to what made them evil in the first damn place.

Hei only really killed contractors who are a bunch of superhumans he was hired to kill, so he doesn't feel any guilt for something like that. He may feel guilt for contemplating killing his sister in her sleep, but I digress, I haven't watched the show or read the manga in a while.

Hired killer definitely would be effected because we really shouldn't use that weakness unless we genuinely want to essentially axe a Noble Phantasm.

Interesting, funny thing, looking further into it the amount of suffering that Ainz has caused to innocents is actually negligible, he's certainly evil but he's a contained evil, the E-Rantel incident was because literally everyone of the city was guilty in some way, Corruption and all of that, now granted only Gazef wasn't guilty in some way, so it'd effect Ainz a bit, but generally everyone in Overlord is guilty of something with few exceptions.

One weakness of penace stare that has been noted that if the character in question believes what they did was right(like Punisher in the times he was unaffected or Thanos) the penance stare has no effect. If we were to apply this to Ainz the only kill he actually feels much of anything over are on Shalltear, who's evil, and Gazef Stronoff, who really wasn't. But frankly we shouldn't use that because for crying out loud most evil servants don't regret a damn thing that wasn't connected to what made them evil in the first damn place.
I don’t think regret actually matters for the movie. Cuz when Johnny negged Blackheart, he was punished based on the sins he committed rather than the ones committed by the souls being burned. And Blackheart doesn’t regret any of that stuff at all.

GR and Ainz gone be skelebros tho

I honestly can’t remember Rishia killing anyone. Helping to kill some vanguards? Sure.
But she didn’t actually kill them, let alone innocent people.

Hired killer definitely would be effected because we really shouldn't use that weakness unless we genuinely want to essentially axe a Noble Phantasm.
That's uh, not how emotions work lol. He can just remove that weakness if he doesn't want the NP to be useless.

I don’t think regret actually matters for the movie. Cuz when Johnny negged Blackheart, he was punished based on the sins he committed rather than the ones committed by the souls being burned. And Blackheart doesn’t regret any of that stuff at all.

GR and Ainz gone be skelebros tho
Yeah, it's inconsistent, probably should ask Impress on it lol

They probably wouldn't get along too well at all lol

begins planning how to beat each and every one of these blastitches

Back