• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be rude, but what Dragon provided doesn't seem conclusive enough to me as to justify such an AP gap. The "power of emotions" doesn't have to be a literal power up as much as just boosting's one's motivation, like it's the case for most cases of "power of love" and such.

In each instance of "Power of Emotion" results in a power boost in FT. Also we have characters who have made way larger jumps in power due to something like this. Fairy Tail is no different

I think the fact that the original Magic is Love shows that it is more than just a motivation boost.

And even if it is just that, I don't see what's so bad about it.

In FT or in other verses? Because some statements about the power of emotions aren't remotely comparable to something like Determination being a physical substance.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
In FT or in other verses? Because some statements about the power of emotions aren't remotely comparable to something like Determination being a physical substance.
In FT, the Original Magic. I.e, the thing from which all magic comes from, is Love

On a related note, recently, people have been under the assumption that PIS automatically means outlier. That's not always true. This is a legit feat, but it's a silly plot based mechanic as well. For Erza's thing I mean.

In FT whenever this was brought up, said character gained a big power boost. Bad writing yes, but still legitimate.

If someone was nearly killed by a character's casual attack, got so weakened that most of their bones were broken, wore an armor that additionally drained their already weakened durability, then went on to one shot an attack far more powerful than the one that nearly destroyed them in the first place, that'd be clear PIS.

However if someone went through all of those conditions, gained a sudden power of friendship boost which allowed them to one shot the stronger attack, then that's just bad writing.

Though the thing is did she canonly get that type of boost when destroying the meteor? Like is this boost the canon, in verse, explicit explanation for this or is that just a (albeit reasonable) theory that people came up with to explain the scene?

I wasn't specifically stated in that scene, but when compared to the other times when it is brought up, it falls in line.

Just a quick note. The One Magic being love is actually only one interpretation; it was never actually explicitly stated (it was a guess/belief by Lucy and her mother?). Hades actually believed it was darkness after researching it for several years, so we can see that it might not have anything to do with love at all. In addition, according to one of the demons, the One magic spawned curse magic, which are the negative emotions humans generate.

I'm just putting my own personal opinion here. I do believe the feat isn't an outleir due to simply that Erza breaking the Meteor despit just got beaten black and blue isn't the worst this series or any other series has shown. So just stateing "this is impossible" is a lackluster respons, just as calling this a PSI just to discredit it, for any reason, is a lackluster respons.

So while I do believe this to be a proper feat I don't belive this is a feat for a casual level for Erza, If i'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure she said "she would have to use all of her strength"(if im wrong then that's fine) add to the fact that she did use her armour that maximizes her AP to her fullest make me this this is a 'higher end attack' rather then a 'normal powerful attack'.

Take this as you wish, I just wanted to state my opinion on dismising feats just because it's either 'not writen right' or 'just shouldn't be possible'.

It is impossible/PIS. Someone can't simply get nearly killed by an attack, get greatly weakened, weaken their already greatly weakened self even more, then go on to one shot an attack even more powerful than the previous.

Now if Erza had some sort of power boost right after she got weakened and while she was destroying the meteor then sure. But without any sort of increase in power then this feat is a clear outlier.

This comment above was another reason why it was rejected before, the writer also wanted Erza to survive.

Thats crap, punch something in sub relativistic speed didn't put the character in that speed when its in a line. In the same way that evade light just makes you relativistic, fodders are reacting too and it show that meteor slow down after reentry

I agree with Ryukama. It can't happen, the other characters listed all power up either beforehand, were more evenly matched, or have a specifically detailed powerup method.

As I said this feat is hardly the worst that has come out, in this series alone moments like this is kinda normal that so dismising this alone is pointless. The battle againts Asuma was basically the same yet that was accepted. The battle angaints Kyoka is actually worse in regards to impossiblity, she lost all of her senses, was basically tortured on a nervous level, which can be more damaging then normal, yet was able to acruatly know where she was and win, and her reson because 'she can see the light'.

If ones reson for dissiming is becase of 'it being impossible' then you might as well dissmis everything else because this is basically no different to most other feats.

By this logic outliers just don't exist. The fact of the matter is someone performed a feat that was far beyond the scope of their previously established power. That means that it can't be used for their stats.

However if Erza got a power boost, then that makes this completely different.

"It is impossible/PIS. Someone can't simply get nearly killed by an attack, get greatly weakened, weaken their already greatly weakened self even more, then go on to one shot an attack even more powerful than the previous. "

This isn't exactly what happened.

1. The armour also increased her power and her body wasn't in contact with the meteor, she destroyed it with her sword.

2. She also grew in power right before performing the feat.

Ryukama said:
It is impossible/PIS. Someone can't simply get nearly killed by an attack, get greatly weakened, weaken their already greatly weakened self even more, then go on to one shot an attack even more powerful than the previous.
Now if Erza had some sort of power boost right after she got weakened and while she was destroying the meteor then sure. But without any sort of increase in power then this feat is a clear outlier.
Was this to me or?

Based upon the scene it is really not much different from Sting one-shotting his guildmaster. It falls right in line with the other "Power of Emotion" power ups as I explained before. We also explained that Clear Heart simply gets rid of her armor, but maximizes her attack power iirc. Her body didn't exactly touch the meteor, her sword did.

I should note that only Erza in her strongest armors would scale to this feat.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
"PIS happens often so we must accept PIS as legit" is all I'm seeing from your post.
Not gonna lie JB, but that's kinda what it sounds like you're saying. Not the best argument.

1. As Ever said, this armor lowers the users' durability. Durability which was already pretty low due to her weakened state. Even if she wasn't directly hit by the meteorite there's no way she should've survive swinging her sword hard enough to destroy it.

2. As I addressed, all the points for it being PIS can be discarded if she got a power boost.

"PIS is PIS so they must be rejected" is what I'm hearing. well I'm done here, I'm not getting crazy serious for a Manga series that is basicaly self-aware of its faults so I'm walking away from this.

The situation is that her broken body survived the force of the sword that destroyed Irene's meteor, which was her most powerful attack and then oneshotted Dragon Irene as well, who killed herself one moment later.

I should also note that despite her bones broken, she was able to get up an walk. iirc. So I question whether her bones were truly broken.

Tbh if this scales, it probably does only to her Clear Heart clothing armor, since it's the only armor with all the crazy feats

Yeah no another instance of bad writing. It clearly states her bones were broken and shows that by having her launch herself using her arm. Then, she gets up and walks around. Whut? Seriously this is why I have problems with this feat in particular. It is PIS to the extreme, past even what is shown before.

There's a Saint Seiya character who was able to walk and fight despite having every single bone of his body broken through sheer force of will.

Is it illogical? Yes, but it is also badass as all hell.

Rule of cool is something that exists, and plenty of Verses run on it.

Dragon Shiryu also survived sacrificing over 75% of his blood in a ritual, and then an incredibly powerful enemy while weakened by his lack of blood, having the flow of his remaining blood reverted, and then ending the fight in this state.

Leo Aiolia survived having his heart pierced and destroyed on an atomic scale. Capricorn Shura survived being hit in the head with a planet-heavy shield, which shut down his brain synapses. Wolf Nachi survived having his nervous system destroyed. Phoenix Ikki survived having his five senses and his mind destroyed. Cygnus Hyoga endured being frozen in absolute zero.

... I could probably keep going. This is nothing.

I don't agree with this due to the fact that the whole meteor feat contradicts what happened in the same chapter. Erza was smacked to the floor with 95% of her bones destroyed, yet she wasn't phased by attacking her mom's strongest attack even though we saw not too long ago that a palm swipe from her mom was able to knock her down while breaking majority of her bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back